NBA Thread - 2012-13

That was Miami basketball tonight. No team right now can stop them if they played like that. Makes you wonder why they don't do it all the time.

If Wade and Lebron attack the hoop and play with the intensity had tonight I like their chances. Bosh was huge as well. Parkers injury could be huge, especially because you can't rely on Danny Green and Gary Neal to keep hitting miracle 3's. Ginobili hasn't been much to write home about either.

Lebron finally had a huge game against the Spurs and he did it with some jump shots. Don't want him to get confident if you're the Spurs. Although if I'm him I'm setting up camp at the post yet again. That's how he got going and that's where he can dominate this series against Leonard/Green.

What's so exceedingly frustrating about watching the Heat play is the question, "Why can they not do this every night of the playoffs"?

When they play with maximum effort, there are very few teams who can beat them. When they play with maximum effort and play well, no one can beat them.

That was a must win game 5 for the Spurs and they came through. Manu Ginobili finally broke out with a huge game and it was a great move by Pop to start him. This series has been a crazy back and forth battle and now it goes back to Miami for games 6 and possibly 7. I picked the Spurs to win in 6 and I think if it goes to a game 7 it will be a lot tougher for them to pull it out.

Agreed, if they are gonna win the series I have the feeling they need to get the next one. But with the way things have been going the Heat are going to win by 20 and Birdman is going to come up with 25 points and 15 boards after not playing the last two games. Just impossible to predict as nothing has carried over from game to game. I still think the Heat's best is better than the Spurs' best and that they'll win in 7, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Spurs closed it out on Tuesday

At some point, surely Danny Green will quit shooting like he's in an empty gym. It's just unbelievable what he's doing right now. I heard on Mike and Mike this morning he is 7-14 in CONTESTED 3pt shots. Just ridiculous.

This has been an incredibly strange series. Just for effect, I'd like to see Miami go on a second half run in Game 6 and blow out the Spurs, setting up a close and hotly contested Game 7. Then let the better team win.

Wow... I wonder if LeBron ever brings the headband back. I'm sure he could clean up on a razor sponsorship if he shaved his head.

Wow... I wonder if LeBron ever brings the headband back. I'm sure he could clean up on a razor sponsorship if he shaved his head.
He should Jerry Lawler that shit. Wear the Headband, and when shit gets serious take it off. In fact Jerry Lawler himself compared the strap down to the headband off.

And King James earned his nickname in Q4. Regardless of the final outcome. This game should have been a blowout until he got them back in the game single handedly.

He should Jerry Lawler that shit. Wear the Headband, and when shit gets serious take it off. In fact Jerry Lawler himself compared the strap down to the headband off.

And King James earned his nickname in Q4. Regardless of the final outcome. This game should have been a blowout until he got them back in the game single handedly.

Most insightful thing Lawler has said in years. James is a special talent. Radio hosts, sports writers, and talking heads spend too much time debating his legacy rather than just appreciating a great player. Jerry West only got one ring in nine opportunities, and he became the logo.

Reactions: gd
Horrible no call on the Ginobili drive. Letting them play can only reach a certain point. This was the Spurs chance to close it out and while I'm certainly not counting them out in game 7, it will be more difficult on Thursday night then it was tonight. Great series either way but that was a bad no call.

Horrible no call on the Ginobili drive. Letting them play can only reach a certain point. This was the Spurs chance to close it out and while I'm certainly not counting them out in game 7, it will be more difficult on Thursday night then it was tonight. Great series either way but that was a bad no call.

However you view the no call, like you said the Spurs had their shot. That wasn't the only call during the course of the game that could've went either way.

Any love for Chris Bosh on defense? Two great blocks on Parker and Green in overtime and that'll probably be forgotten in the long run, but it was big.

Good point. Bosh always gets forgotten or dissed, but he's been a big part of this team's success.

LeBron was LeClutch again. I don't know if there's ever been a more clutch player get more crap than LeBron. What an amazing game and HUGE shot by Ray Allen. That is exactly why he is in Miami.

On another note, I hated Spoelstra's decision to put Wade back in the game. It was not a bad coaching decision necessarily, but I would have kept with the lineup he had (Chalmers, Allen, Miller, James and Bosh) as they were really clicking. Like Van Gundy said, it's hard to leave your second best player on the bench, but if you're doing it to allow your best player more freedom...

Not a bad decision by Spoelstra, I just didn't like it.

Horrible no call on the Ginobili drive. Letting them play can only reach a certain point.
100% agree. I know it's the NBA, but even a star like Ginobilli shouldn't get four steps to try and get to the basket. It was an easy traveling call the referees missed.

That is what you meant, right?

Great series either way
If Game 7 is a great game like this one was, it truly will have been a great series, even though several of the games were not.
Any love for Chris Bosh on defense? Two great blocks on Parker and Green in overtime and that'll probably be forgotten in the long run, but it was big.
Huge plays, and don't forget the offensive rebound at the end of regulation which allowed Ray Allen his game tying 3 point shot.

Tony Parker had to open his mouth about Danny Green being open lol. Heat defence has been closing out Green the whole game.

I think the Heat has won the series with this game. Spurs had the series but missed 2 free throws in regulation. Parker made 3 great plays at the end of regulation but it wasn't enough. Desperation 3, a key steal, and a drive.

I agree with Bosh making key stops. He got the offensive rebound for the regulation tying 3 too. Danny Green made a great defensive play in OT too, stopping Lebron on the fast break.

This series needed this game in the face of 4 straight blow outs.

Manu was brutal. I think Pop relied on him to much, then again it's tough when he's the only other guy who can create besides Parker, who was gassed by the end. Miami D was better in the 2nd half though, especially making it harder to get it to Duncan in the post.

There's no way game 7 is gonna be able to match this, but I sure hope we at least get a close game.

The absolute worst thing Miami can do is get overconfident with this win. It was a great comeback but they still got outplayed for over 3 quarters and got some nice bounces their way late. The Spurs aren't going to wilt under the pressure. The core group has won 3 titles together, Duncan and Pop have won 4, and the Spurs have been in a game 7 of the finals before. I expect a close game on Thursday night.

Huge plays, and don't forget the offensive rebound at the end of regulation which allowed Ray Allen his game tying 3 point shot.

It's the sign of a great player; even when he isn't scoring a lot of points, he's finding a way to impact the game. Come to think of it, he was the one that contested the Leonard jumper (which ended up as a shot clock violation) too. He really stepped it up late in the game.

The absolute worst thing Miami can do is get overconfident with this win. It was a great comeback but they still got outplayed for over 3 quarters and got some nice bounces their way late. The Spurs aren't going to wilt under the pressure. The core group has won 3 titles together, Duncan and Pop have won 4, and the Spurs have been in a game 7 of the finals before. I expect a close game on Thursday night.

Plus Miami has to do the unthinkable: win two games in a row.

LeBron was LeClutch again. I don't know if there's ever been a more clutch player get more crap than LeBron. What an amazing game and HUGE shot by Ray Allen. That is exactly why he is in Miami.
I totally concur. I have completely turned my opinion on LeBron after the first Miami year. Just watching him play is such pleasure (at least when he's not playing the team you're rooting for).

And Ray Allen is just unbelievable. I'm happy as hell he got the chance for the big shot. Stick it to Boston who gave up on him then got pissed when he left for a better team.

On another note, I hated Spoelstra's decision to put Wade back in the game. It was not a bad coaching decision necessarily, but I would have kept with the lineup he had (Chalmers, Allen, Miller, James and Bosh) as they were really clicking. Like Van Gundy said, it's hard to leave your second best player on the bench, but if you're doing it to allow your best player more freedom...

Not a bad decision by Spoelstra, I just didn't like it.
I was saying the same thing. I wasn't shocked they put Wade back in. He's their 2nd best player and you gotta put him back in. What I was surprised at was that they didn't see that it wasn't working and go back to what was working.

To be fair, he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. If Wade is in and they lose he's blamed. If Wade is on the bench and they lose he's blamed.

If Game 7 is a great game like this one was, it truly will have been a great series, even though several of the games were not.
This game is Miami's USA/USSR hockey game from the 80 Olympics. They need to win Game 7. If they win Game 7 we will forget all about Game 7 and always talk about Game 6 (unless G7 is somehow better).

He may have just saved his job. And he may end up being thought of as the #2 guy. If they lost someone has to go, and it'd probably be him.

I totally concur. I have completely turned my opinion on LeBron after the first Miami year. Just watching him play is such pleasure (at least when he's not playing the team you're rooting for).
It's like I've started saying, watching LeBron for me is every bit as "must see" as watching Jordan was when I was younger.

I'm a Heat fan because I'm a Lebron fan. And I'm a LeBron fan because A) he's the best player in the world and B) because he gets unfairly criticized.

I was saying the same thing. I wasn't shocked they put Wade back in. He's their 2nd best player and you gotta put him back in. What I was surprised at was that they didn't see that it wasn't working and go back to what was working.
Wade didn't really give them anything, I didn't think. You could argue he's better defensively, but I'm not sure that was really true tonight. I know you go with your best group...but still.

To be fair, he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. If Wade is in and they lose he's blamed. If Wade is on the bench and they lose he's blamed.
Absolutely, and like I said, I wasn't criticizing him for it, I just didn't like it. I've been in those situations before (a few different times), and I always believe you go with what's working. That's why NBA teams are paying me millions of dollars right now. ;)

Hell of a game. Don't expect G7 to come close to it. Gonna be a 10 point margin either way. For the Spurs you have to wonder how tired they will be after exerting all of that energy. LeBron did a great job guarding Parker and Duncan ran out of gas in the 2nd half. Both teams will make adjustments, but I think the Heat would be wise to run more small ball with Wade out earlier in the game.

Not calling the game either way, since the Heat have been unable to win back to back for a while and the loser always makes good adjustments. The narrative says the Heat will win, but right now I couldn't make a guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back