Nate watches entirely too much television

Nate DaMac

Fuck erbody but me
I have been keeping a list of all of the TV shows I've watched for a while now. For no real reason whatsoever. I've decided to post that list here for me to update whenever I feel like it and so you can discuss, react, judge me for watching garbage, etc.

American Dad (Thru Season 9, bits and pieces of 10 and 11) ★★★★★
Breaking Bad ★★★★★
Brooklyn Nine-Nine ★★★
Burn Notice ★★
Dexter ★★
F is for Family ★★★★
Family Guy ★★
Full House ★★★
Garfunkel and Oates ★★★★
How I Met Your Mother ★★★
Inside Amy Schumer (thru season 3, tapped out) ★★
Last Man on Earth ★★★
Law & Order SVU ★★
Legit ★★★★
Louie ★★★★
Lucky Louie ★★★
New Girl ★★
Roseanne ★★★
Scrubs ★★★★★
Sons of Anarchy ★★★
South Park ★★★★★
Supernatural ★★★
That 70s Show ★★★★
The Cleveland Show ★★★★
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air ★★★★
The Jeselnik Offensive ★★★★
The Ranch ★
The Sopranos ★★★★
The Walking Dead ★★★★
The Wire ★★★★★
Why with Hannibal Buress ★★★

Assume I've seen every episode unless noted otherwise. My star ratings are based solely on my enjoyment of the show. I'm not really qualified to to critique them in any other way.

I'll add stuff when I remember something or when I finish something new. Currently working on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Your list is about as equal as mine would be. I'd give Louie the one extra star that F is for Family has, putting F at 3 and Louie 5. HBO/Showtime/FX has really been on a roll when it comes to quality TV.

Give me the down-low on American Dad.

I've seen the show before. Don't need you to explain the premise. Just give me your perspective.

Your list is about as equal as mine would be. I'd give Louie the one extra star that F is for Family has, putting F at 3 and Louie 5. HBO/Showtime/FX has really been on a roll when it comes to quality TV.

That's fair. I just can't quite go the full five on Louie. When he decides to indulge himself and delve into the artsy/indy film stuff I start to lose interest. The funny is top notch when he tries. With FIFF, the funny isn't always there but I get invested in the story.

Give me the down-low on American Dad.

I've seen the show before. Don't need you to explain the premise. Just give me your perspective.

Pretty formulaic in story structure but the jokes are just great. Roger is my favorite television character. I probably rate it way too high but rate it near the level of South Park.

I'm not good at reviewing stuff. I could probably answer more specific questions.

I forgot to put Gilmore Girls on there. Fuck. I'll try to think of some more shit I've missed and add it when I wake up.

Definitely agree that American Dad is the strongest of Seth's shows. 2012 onwards Family Guy is garbage, it makes modern Simpsons look like golden age Simpsons by comparison. Surprised you rate Cleveland Show so highly though, I just thought it was extremely dull from the 5 or so episodes that I watched.

The Cleveland show was brilliant once it hit its stride.

Nate, get on that Bojack Horseman bandwagon. You won't regret it.

Also, you forgot to make your Scrubs rating red.

While I much prefer American Dad now, I am not sure it has reached the heights that Family Guy did in about its fourth season. Episodes like Petarded are epic.

Plus Family Guy is still capable of pulling out some classics like Peter vs Mr Washee Washee in Street Fighter

I thought you'd seen Oz and The Shield, or are they incomplete?

The Shield is another one I forgot. Haven't seen Oz though.

Definitely agree that American Dad is the strongest of Seth's shows. 2012 onwards Family Guy is garbage, it makes modern Simpsons look like golden age Simpsons by comparison. Surprised you rate Cleveland Show so highly though, I just thought it was extremely dull from the 5 or so episodes that I watched.

The Cleveland show was brilliant once it hit its stride.

This. It takes a little bit to get going but it put the Family Guy episodes that were running concurrently to shame.

Nate, get on that Bojack Horseman bandwagon. You won't regret it.

Coco said the same thing. I'm going to finish Always Sunny then pick The League and Wilfred back up since I only need to watch the last season of each. Bojack is next.

Also, you forgot to make your Scrubs rating red.

Shit. Thanks.

Барбоса;5482865 said:
While I much prefer American Dad now, I am not sure it has reached the heights that Family Guy did in about its fourth season. Episodes like Petarded are epic.

Plus Family Guy is still capable of pulling out some classics like Peter vs Mr Washee Washee in Street Fighter

I loved the old Family Guy episodes but after nearly 5 years of watching the repeats on Adult Swim every single night, I'm just sick of the whole series. I only watch the new episodes just to hear the 2 or 3 good jokes they come up with.

Updating the list.

American Dad (Thru Season 9, bits and pieces of 10 and 11) ★★★★★
Breaking Bad ★★★★★
Brooklyn Nine-Nine ★★★
Burn Notice ★★
Dexter ★★
F is for Family ★★★★
Family Guy ★★
Full House ★★★
Futurama ★★★★★
Garfunkel and Oates ★★★★
Gilmore Girls ★★★★
How I Met Your Mother ★★★
Inside Amy Schumer (thru season 3, tapped out) ★★
Last Man on Earth ★★★
Law & Order SVU ★★
Legit ★★★★
Louie ★★★★
Lucky Louie ★★★
New Girl ★★
Roseanne ★★★
Scrubs ★★★★★
Sons of Anarchy ★★★
South Park ★★★★★
Supernatural ★★★
That 70s Show ★★★★
The Cleveland Show ★★★★
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air ★★★★
The Jeselnik Offensive ★★★★
The Ranch ★
The Shield ★★★★★
The Sopranos ★★★★
The Walking Dead ★★★★
The Wire ★★★★★
Why with Hannibal Buress ★★★
Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Famous ★★★★

Wouldn't worry too much about the final season of The League to be honest. Couple of good episodes but nothing strong.

Jon LaJoie's actually got an album out at the mo under the name Wolfie's Just Fine. Strange to hear him not singing about conception, ghost monkies and the like but it's still good.

I watch a bunch of TV as well, but a big chunk of it is sports. As far as shows go, It's Always Sunny is my current favorite and has been for the past few years. One of the few shows I make it a point to sit down and watch each week.

Other than that, it's mostly animated re-runs; American Dad is great, I agree with the poster who mentioned Roger being their favorite character; Futurama is consistently exceptional; KOTH and Simpsons remain among my all-time favorite shows.

I've been wanting to get back into watching wrestling but haven't been able to and it may be tough until baseball season is over.

American Dad is the best of the three MacFarlane animated series, no question. It has managed to stay entertaining over its entire run.

I'm sad but not super surprised to hear The League's final season isn't that good. Season six sort of had a lull in the middle, especially Lane's suicide episode, but picked up in the last episode or two. Russel fucking the block of cheese and yelling "soft cheese hard dick" will never cease to be funny to me.

I'm sad but not super surprised to hear The League's final season isn't that good. Season six sort of had a lull in the middle, especially Lane's suicide episode, but picked up in the last episode or two. Russel fucking the block of cheese and yelling "soft cheese hard dick" will never cease to be funny to me.

Apparently I'm more than one season behind on The League. Thanks for the spoilers Yaz. You fuck.

Obviously I realize this is my own fault.

I watch a bunch of TV as well, but a big chunk of it is sports. As far as shows go, It's Always Sunny is my current favorite and has been for the past few years. One of the few shows I make it a point to sit down and watch each week.

I watch a lot of football and wrestling too. I'm up to season 4 of Always Sunny now and I'm already sad that I only have 7 more seasons to go.

Are you a fan of Bob's Burgers?

The first season was great. I lost interest quickly.

Only four stars for The Sopranos? Disappointing, sir.

I still haven't let go of that awful ending.

American Dad, has been great.

I'd urge someone to try Vinyl too.

As someone who tried Vinyl, I'd urge everyone not too.

Is that a show? No idea what that is.

As someone who tried Vinyl, I'd urge everyone not too.

You must realize, that this was was my reaction when I saw Gyp in it.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back