My new thread series: "Games No One Played"

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi all. I have started a thread series in the Video Games Section talking about various rare/not-well-known games that I've played.
Just trying to bring your attention to it. I want to know if I'm doing a good job or not.

Links to threads:
Thread 1: Mischief Makers
Thread 2: Steambot Chronicles

Games on the horizon: Power Quest, Gitaroo Man, Gunstar Heroes...

Anyone ever play Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem on the Gamecube?

That is one of my favourite games ever. Visiting so many different locations at so many different times during history as the main character discovered chapters relating to the tome all brought together with the use of magic and more conventional weapons. Each character had his/her own part to play in an epic plot to enslave humanity.

One of the many highlights was the Sanity Metre. Ah, the weird and wonderful things that used to happen as your character slowly lost his/her grip on reality after seeing so many animated skeletons, inter-dimensional beings and other dead things.

I only wish there had been a sequel.

If I had ever played it, I would definitely do that one. The game looked fucking amazing, especially the Sanity Meter screwing with everything.

Hi all. I have started a thread series in the Video Games Section talking about various rare/not-well-known games that I've played.
Just trying to bring your attention to it. I want to know if I'm doing a good job or not.

Links to threads:
Thread 1: Mischief Makers
Thread 2: Steambot Chronicles

Games on the horizon: Power Quest, Gitaroo Man, Gunstar Heroes...

You forgot one.

Thread 3: Your Mom

Ooooh snap. That's Razor with his mind melted by Calculus III for ya.

If I had ever played it, I would definitely do that one. The game looked fucking amazing, especially the Sanity Meter screwing with everything.

There was talk of a sequel last year but at the moment that seems to have been only talk.

I would love a sequel to grace the Wii and take advantage of Motion Plus. Using the Wiimote to cast spells, stab zombies with a gladius, decapitate skeletons with a claymore, reload a pump-action shotgun after blasting a Vampire all whilst solving mysteries by interacting with the many different environments would be epic.

hmm, wonder if theyll make changes

always enjoyed FFI on NES more than PS. Haven't ever played the gameboy version.

Shadow of the Colossus. Sure it's got extremely good reviews and it is one of the best looking games on the PS2... but hardly anyone I know bought this. A hidden gem if there ever was.

So far my list is something like
Power Quest
Gunstar Heroes
Gitaroo Man
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

Do you think No More Heroes would count?

Also, I really need to know if the threads are any good.

Ha, well sort of. I'll add that to the list, probably in place of Rogue Squadron.

Can't believe it's really been almost two years. I remember those posts took me like a week to write. I was so scatterbrained in high school.

You had never played Gunstar Heroes? I would have never guessed, seeing as you were a big time advocate of it in the VGT.

Rogue Squadron? Who passed up playing that thing?

12 years and I'm still trying to get a gold medal in the last 3 missions.

That it did, loved that game. It has a bit of a cult following so maybe I'll write about that one later.

The list looks to be:
  • Graffiti Kingdom
  • Gitaroo Man
  • No More Heroes
  • Zombies Ate My Neighbors

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=70327

That was actually a pretty good thread...

You had never played Gunstar Heroes? I would have never guessed, seeing as you were a big time advocate of it in the VGT.
'Course I played it, silly. Saying that "no one" played the games in question was a bit of amusing hyperbole. I only wrote about games I had played myself, so I could actually review them and accurately report on them. I used to play Gunstar Heroes all the time with my friend Michael back in 7th grade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back