Morrison or Ziggler?

Slam Master

Pre-Show Stalwart
Lately everyone has been jumping on the John Morrison bandwagon. I think he's a talented guy and has a cool look to his character. People have been comparing him to HBK, even saying he's the next Shawn Michaels and that Michaels should work with him to put him to the next level. Though I like Morrison, his recent face turn feels somewhat forced or maybe premature. Morrison seems more like an acrobat or stuntman than a wrestler (but were in an era where its more about the entertainment or highspot aspect of the show). His skills take amazing athletic ability and its fun to watch.

My next thought is on Dolph Ziggler, but first lets rewind to 1992. I started watching the WWF right after the HBK/Janetty Barbershop spot, and noticed that Shawn Michaels drastically changed his in-ring style. When he was a Rocker he was fast-paced, flying, rehearsed, choreographed high spots. When he went with Sherri and was turned into the Boy Toy he slowed his approach way down, sold like it was an artform, talked a lot of smack in the ring, had a cocky attitude and facial expressions that matched. He also didn't do too much offensively.

When I see Dolph Ziggler on Smackdown! lately, I see the Shawn Michaels from 1992/93. He has that cocky attitude, talks a lot of smack, puts on classic facial expressions, and has a pure wrestling background like HBK does. He presents himself with that primadonna attitude that Michaels had. He's also hilarious. I also see shades of Owen Hart in him.

Sometimes the things Morrison does feel unnatural or forced. He's a gifted ahtlete but I also think that Ziggler should get some more recognition.(This is just my opinion).

Good post. What about these two men feuding, and just testing the waters as to who the fans respect more at this point Morrision or Dolph? Whoever gets better pops should stay or turn face. I think Ziggler would make a better face than heel at this point, and I feel Morrison's face turn was sudden, and very uncreative.

Honestly, I feel these two could have a solid feud, and without a title involved just a feud. A feud that takes both of them to the next level. Both are close in size, and have not had many matches with one another. I wouldn't mind seeing this happen.

Without a doubt it's Morrison. Ziggler is good, don't get me wrong, but Morrison right now is better than Ziggler. He's great in the ring, He's great on the mic. His promo with Edge was great. Ziggler is solid, I think he needs to have a solid program with someone other then Khali. Yes Morrison is taking some time to get use to his face role, but he's starting to hit his stride. So right now, Morrison is better, but I can see both of these men in the main event in the next year or so.

Personally I always liked Morrison's in ring ability and work on the Mic. However I also thought he was a little too immature at times with his facial expressions. Last night however I watched Smackdown and really enjoyed his Promo before the match with Edge and I thought he and Edge put on a great match. A few more performances like that and a new finisher like a Super kick, or something quick hitting like his flashy character and allow him to pull out a win out f seemingly hopeless doom like HBK with Sweet Chin Music, AJ Styles with the Pele Kick, Randy Orton with the RKO. Something impactfull and quick hitting. So yes I am much higher on Morrison than Ziggler.

I agree. Those 2 feuding would be great. Beside Shelton, dolph ziggler is my second favorite wrestler. If Dolph finished his "feud" with Khali then i would not mind seeing that.

Every time I see Ziggler, all I can see is Spirit Squad and how horrible they were. I think that Morrison being ECW champion is a significant step up from Dolph-y-boy. I also think Morrison can put on more entertaining matches. There is a reason they put him in the MITB matches. I doubt you will ever see Dolph in one of those.

Every time I see Ziggler, all I can see is Spirit Squad and how horrible they were.

EXACTLY! Ziggler is the last one left from the Sissy Squad, and the push he is getting (if you can call it a push) is only because Kenny Dykstra is gone, Kenny was the only member of the Sissy Squad that didn't suck. Ziggler sucks and is only over for being annoying....

Morrison on the other hand.... I have been a fan of since back when he was tag teaming with Mercury as Johnny Nitro back in 06. His face turn wasn't uncreative, it was necessary. A lot of heels get cheered too much, so they get turned face to see if they get over. (Orton and Edge being some of the exceptions that just stayed heel). Morrison is great as a face and is one of the best in the ring. He is going to be the next HBK. Not litterally, but in terms of in-ring style and what pushes he might or might not get.

As far as the question of "Ziggler or Morrison?" goes.... Morrison is MUCH better! If you must know why then I only got two words for ya.... STARSHIP PAIN!

I'm gonna go with Morrison! He seems to be better on the mic and much better in the ring! Although Ziggler is great! Morrison just has that vibe, he appeals more towards me! They both IMO have bright futures a head!

I like Ziggler better. Simply put, Ziggler is a wrestler. Morrison is an acrobat. I don't hate Morrison, but the praise he gets makes me sick. Ziggler is making strides much better IMO. I could see Ziggler feuding with The Undertaker at some point. Morrison? Rather see him wrestle people like Rey Rey and R-Truth.

Ziggler all the way. He has the talent and the skills to make it. I'm really into this "romantic relationship" story line with maria. But in the end, he will be feuding for now for the IC title and then hopefully hold onto that belt for some time, lose it, and then ascend into the main event scene, i mean, smackdown isn't as crowded there as it was with edge injured and hardy rumored to be gone soon. This is the perfect time for ziggler, and i expect him to make the most of it.

If you couldn't tell by my signature and my avatar, I'm a big MoFo (Morrison Follower lol). I have been since I saw him as Johnny Nitro as part of MNM and even more so when he had his first big singles feud with Jeff Hardy over the IC Title. He's only gotten better with time and he'll only continue to get better. It's not all hype, he really has a lot of HBK's old mannerisms, the showmanship, and the desire to make you remember his matches. He's got the skillset, the look, and the connection with the crowd to make it far.

Now, I'm not going to go all Morrison on everyone. To stay on topic, I do think Ziggler will go far, especially seeing his recent matches. Anyone that can make a match with Khali seem even halfway entertaining is alright in my book, but I do feel Morrison is way ahead of him at this point, as far as Character establishment and charisma, but give Ziggler some time and he'll get there.

Loved the ziggler vs. morrison match tonight, although ziggler was on the role coming into this I really didnt expect him to grab the win but was pleasantly suprised to see it.

Was also shocked to see him come down at the end of the main event, and with edge out, hardy on the fringe of leaving, it looks like smackdown is on about to really change. It is clearly the A show at the moment, much more enjoyable than the Legacy and Hunter show

Why can't it be both? Theyre not both face or heel, so there is plenty of room for both. Theyre both very talented and have bright futures. Its not like you had to choose Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart, when they worked so well together and were so popular at the same time. Ditto with The Rock and Austin.

I think right now it is still a bit too early to say much about Ziggler. I did say a while ago that he reminder me of a Rick Rude/ Mr. Perfect character which was said tonight by Jim Ross on Smack Down just as I said a looooong time ago that Morrison was the next HBK. If memory serves me correct I had quite a hand in presenting that idea to the populous here, and so far I have been right as many of you agree and apparently so does the WWE since they also said tonight Jim Ross said that Morrison was like a young HBK. Damn I'm good.

Going back on point since I am now done stroking my ego. I do think it is too early to tell with Ziggler. At this point it is still sink or swim. I do like him, but I am not placing any bets just yet about the success or failure of his future. I like his ring work, and I've liked his gimmick from the git-go with the whole " Hi! I'm Dolph Ziggler!" but I don't think he's got it all together yet, give it time.

I say he doesn't have it all together yet because for starters I think he needs some real mic work. He doesn't seem very genuine to me, the gimmick seems very put on at times during his monologues and to me he doesn't look very comfortable with the stick in his hand yet. Secondly, this is who he is right now, not who he will become. Right now the character we see in Dolph Ziggler is like a BETA version. Right now he is being tested, and as he passes and fails adjustments will be made, so this is not the finished product, he has to evolve a bit first. This all goes back to it being to early to tell much about him for sure.

Do I think he has great potential? Yes. But do I think he has a leg up on Morrison at this point? No.

John Morrison is a much more developed wrestler and character all around. His style, his gimmick, his mic work has all been honed for a while now and he is as someone else said starting to find his stride. His in-ring style much different than Ziggler's and for that I can't say that it is necessarily better or worse. I will say however that Morrison's style is meant to be more spectacular and overall more entertaining than Ziggler's. But as far as actual quality in ring, as far as I can see they are both great.

What I am more interested in is not who has been better so far, as much as it is who is going to be better. Right now John Morrison is the guy on top light years ahead of Ziggler , and that might change, no one knows for sure what the future holds. Morrison however is a multiple time tag champion, Intercontinental champion, and ECW world champion which does give his the stronger resume.

Since their styles in-ring are so different and Morrison's is clearly the more dazzling of the two I think it would be unfair to compare then by move-set. I think the things that would be better to judge them on would be crowd reaction and interactivity, selling ability, work ethic, mic skills, match quality, opponent quality, and marketability.

whats the deal with some people saying that morrison isn't a good wrestler. i beleive he can out wrestle on smackdown. i mean really..ziggler? he's OK at best.
morrison is just as good as AJ Styles. (i don't like TNA but he's talented)
another thing i would like to ask who's the most entertaining superstar to watch?
mysterio, r-truth, ziggler, shelton? NO. i beleive morrison can outperform any superstar in WWE. that's just my opinion

Morrison seems more like an acrobat or stuntman than a wrestler (but were in an era where its more about the entertainment or highspot aspect of the show).

I strongly disagree with that last sentence. The WWE has been always about entertainment. The 'attitude era' fad only had about 25 minutes of actual wrestling on the show.

I agree with you about Morrison. I personally believe he should change his "sexy boy" look. Change is ring attire & gain more muscle mass. I like him for the sole reason that he is fresh new superstar with a ton of potential, nothing more. As for Ziggler, where have I seen this one before? "The next HBK"`s have come and gone and it would be unfair to put Ziggler into this category so early in his young career. I think these two super stars need to find an actual indentity and be their own persons.

With the negatives aside, I can safely assure that Morrison will be a main eventer. Great in ring work and isn't half bad on the mic either. He needs one trait, that single characteristic that makes him special and I haven't seen it yet.

I think both of them are very talented athletes. I know Morrison will go far and has potential main event talent. As for Dolph Ziggler he is young but has great potential so I hope he does great.

I myself prefer Ziggler but Morrison is just as good. Morrison has been to the top and did good. Held the ECW Title, had a hell of a feud with Punk, and has stayed the constant performer. His promo skills are better then most and i think had a good future. Ziggler has become better in the ring and has that factor that makes him likeable. His feud with Khali has been ok at best but i think that if he gets someone his size the real wrestling starts. His future is in his hands so hopefully he doesn't mess it up.

It's close but I would have to say Morrison. Ziggler is great, but he hasn't really done anything to impress me yet. JoMo is so athletic and has impressed me his whole career. I dont think i have ever seen a bad john morrison match.

Like i said, Ziggler is great but i think it's too early to be calling him the next big thing or anything like that yet. I guess we will just have to watch this whole thing unfold.

As much as I like both of these stars in the ring, they had an average match at best this past smackdown airing on friday. Honestly a feud between these two men for the rights over the IC title contention is perfect. Morrison should costs Dolph a title match against Mysterio. Ziggler and Morrison both need a strong feud right now to keep Smackdown entertaining. Both of these men have solid in ring skills, and I think once they gain some chemistry with eacho other they pull off another mid card classic. What I'm saying is I want to see both men bring out the best in one another.

Right now, Morrison has the upper hand over Zigs IMO.

Morrison has been building over a year to be a star. Zigs is just starting for me, I hated him and saw nothing coming from him until he debuted on Smackdown. Now, I find Zigs quite entertaining and good to watch in the ring but Morrison has a quality about him that screams popularity and money. He'll get his push soon enough and it's gonna be fucking great. A Ziggler Morrison feud in the future wouldn't be too bad, their styles would compliment eachother well.

Currently it looks to be Morrison because it seems like he will be challenging for the world title sooner than we know it especially if Jeff Hardy is on his way out and if WWE keeps CM Punk as a heel Straight Edge champion. Heck Morrison already has a pin fall victory over the champion Punk. So as far as current levels on the roster go Morrison is a big step ahead of Ziggler IMO.

Ziggler will get there eventually but is currently getting built up in the mid card where he is going to be feuding with Mysterio over the IC title. Also it may take Ziggler a few title shots before he becomes IC champion and then after he finally wins it he needs a decent title reign with the belt so then after he has been established with all of that, then they can take the step up and push Ziggler to the higher level where Morrison is about to reach.

Morrison has been there and done that with the IC title he has proven himself to be a solid worker and was an upper mid carder for long enough. He has proved that he can work good entertaining matches and I expect him to CHALLENGE FOR not WIN a world title in the near future because IMO he isn't ready to hold the belt but he can at least challenge for it and prove himself worthy of being a world champion while doing so.

So yea Morrison is a level or two up from Ziggler, however I am glad that both of them are on SmackDown (the better brand) so they can further their careers instead of being constantly pushed down by the immortal main eventers of RAW meaning in Vince's eyes only these men get to be in the top spot on RAW: Cena, Orton, Batista, and The Nose other then that who do you see main eventing RAW? So i'm glad that both of them are on SmackDown.

While I think Ziggler is more diverse as a wrestler I see Morrison getting his big push first. Ziggler will win the Intercontinental title by the end ofthe year probably sooner. John Morrison could very well be World Heavyweight Champion by Wrestlemania. But I like the slow approach they are taking with Ziggler versus the rushed thing they have going on with Morrison. I like both characters and am glad they are on Smackdown where they can thrive and not Raw where they would be jobbers for Triple H.

While Morrison does have some great matches, i honestly think that Ziggler is catching up quite quickly to the Shaman of Sexy. I enjoy watching both men work, but Morrison seems to suffer from the same problem as Shelton. They have outstanding athleticism, but think that's all they need to succeed. How long have these 2 guys been around? Morrison debuted in '04 and Benjamin in '03? So 5-6 years we've been waiting for them to pull their fingers out and yet.... here we are.

Ziggler gets thrown in with one of the worst stables ever created, works his ass off to avoid suffering a Kenny Dykstra style burying and release, and now people are suddenly talking about him in the same breath as people who've literally been there twice as long as him.

I too, never thought i'd give a monkey crap about the guy who's 'vintage' offense is introducing himself, but i watched the video package before his match with Khali and would you believe it, I ACTUALLY WANTED TO WATCH THE MATCH, despite the involvement of Khali. And when he won, i was mainly confused due to the Kane run-in, but was also happy that he'd won. He had the result that the Miz should of had in his match with Cena, but that's my opinion on it so.....

The difference between the two? Ziggler actually talks, and generates heat, whereas Morrison rarely talks ever. Give him a 5 minute promo to be uploaded online, or a seat at the announce table and you can't seem to shut him up. Give him a mic in the ring and he doesn't do shit. What's up with that?

I've near enough given up on watching WWE television so maybe his promo work has improved, but based on what i've seen, Ziggler is more likely to wear gold in the next 3 or 4 months than Morrison.

Morrison is defently better than Ziggler. Don't get me wrong Zigg dog is a great in-ring wrestler and can pull a decent promo every now and then but Morrison is jsut a legend. I love this guy. I have ever since his ECW title run. Morrison is just a good all-round dude. He can play both heel and face well, he cuts great promos and his athleticism and knowledge in the ring is jsut second to none. I would be highly surprised if Morrison doesn't get a world title run, and so will everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back