Money in the Bank Ladder match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

NegativeFeedback

Mid-Card Championship Winner
How about they skip the "beat-down, cash-in & 2-minute match" this year and just put the vacant World title on the line in the Money in the Bank ladder match?

And to make it better, how about having 6-8 undercard matches where all the winners join the World title ladder match?

1. Seth Rollins def. Randy Orton
2. John Cena def. Kane
3. Cesaro def. Sheamus
4. Bad News Barrett def. Dean Ambrose
5. Dolph Ziggler def. Jack Swagger
6. Roman Reigns def. Rusev
7. Bray Wyatt def. The Big Show
8. Bo Dallas def. Big E

Then you have all 8 men in the main event. I'd have Bray win it, defend against Roman at Battleground, and then face a returning Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania.

Not a bad idea, but why have so many matches on the card? And what, no other title matches? I mean, IF you had all those 8 qualifiers, plus, say, Diva's and Tag title, plus the MitB itself, there'd be 11 matches. Which isn't so great, even if it were Wrestlemania, where they'd have an extra hour. 11 matches in 3 hours is just going to be rushed, and therefore the matches won't be as good as they could be.

1. Seth Rollins def. Randy Orton
2. John Cena def. Kane
3. Cesaro def. Sheamus
4. Bad News Barrett def. Dean Ambrose
5. Dolph Ziggler def. Jack Swagger
6. Roman Reigns def. Rusev
7. Bray Wyatt def. The Big Show
8. Bo Dallas def. Big E

Out of those 8 matches, at least half of them deserve a minimum of 15 minutes. So, counting backstage promos, entrances, etc., you're looking at a minimum of half the PPV gone. So now that leaves an hour and roughly 15 minutes for at least 5 more matches. And we're not even talking about a Diva's match, which they always throw on there. If they're going to have 8 matches, have at least the ones that aren't as big on RAW so then there's more time.

Couldn't you have both?
WWE like to have 2 MITB matches, and we know the intercontinental or US titles won't get one, so why not have a MITB for the title and the traditional MITB match for the contender?

Have your main eventers in qualifying match in the month leading up to the event, and the mid carders, or people not quite main event levels in qualifiers aswell for the title shot MITB.

Gives some decent build-up and something interesting to watch leafing into it. Gave Bryan the chance to actually recover and take some time to get back to full fitness.

I've got no idea who to put the title on, although I'd say triple H.
If it were up to me I'd say Brock Lesnar, but he wouldn't go for the extra dates.

When Bryan comes back he has chance to get it back and we'll see where we are, and of course you'll have your MITB contract winner to step in whenever. Gives the younger guys a platform to really step up in the next year.

I'd be up for that idea if Money In The Bank was the enxt PPV and not the one after the next show. By the time Bryan won't have defended for two months and I think they should've stripped him or announced an interim champ by then.

But I like the idea. WWE could have a lazy PPV that'd actually work with the way that's been suggested. Pair people in qualifiers on the undercard and then have them move onto the MITB match. It'd appeal because nobody would know who'd be the ladder match and a new champion would be a certainty.

Completely defeats the purpose of the MITB concept, its supposed to be given to someone who the creative believe is ready to be holding top championship gold, I reckon they'll give it to Cesaro or even Ambrose & Rollins, not Reigns though as I believe they don't want to build up such a big guy to win the title in they kind of circumstances.

Couldn't you have both?
WWE like to have 2 MITB matches, and we know the intercontinental or US titles won't get one, so why not have a MITB for the title and the traditional MITB match for the contender?

Have your main eventers in qualifying match in the month leading up to the event, and the mid carders, or people not quite main event levels in qualifiers aswell for the title shot MITB.

Gives some decent build-up and something interesting to watch leafing into it. Gave Bryan the chance to actually recover and take some time to get back to full fitness.

I've got no idea who to put the title on, although I'd say triple H.
If it were up to me I'd say Brock Lesnar, but he wouldn't go for the extra dates.

When Bryan comes back he has chance to get it back and we'll see where we are, and of course you'll have your MITB contract winner to step in whenever. Gives the younger guys a platform to really step up in the next year.

The problem with having an interim champ is that you need to decide what happens when DB comes back. If you put it on a big star for them to lose it straight back to DB then surely that just hurts them.

If you don't give it straight back to DB, are WWE going to go with the same storyline of DB chasing the title again?

Giving it to Kane makes sense as there would be no real issue of DB winning it back from him.

Couldn't you have both?

That's a pretty good idea, although I don't know if WWE has enough legitimate contenders to make a believable match. They'll end up with too many Tensais and Tyson Kidds like they've done before.

Completely defeats the purpose of the MITB concept, its supposed to be given to someone who the creative believe is ready to be holding top championship gold.

How does my idea contradict that statement? The winner of this match will be a guy creative believes is ready too. But we're cutting out the middle man here. This guy will fight tooth-and-nail with 7 other men and win the world title. If anything, this guy will be even more over as champion because he didn't have to follow winning a hardcore ladder match fair-and-square with a cheap beatdown/cash-in.

The problem with having an interim champ is that you need to decide what happens when DB comes back. If you put it on a big star for them to lose it straight back to DB then surely that just hurts them.

I don't see the problem with Bray Wyatt winning it and dominating TV for 2 months before dropping it to D-Bry at SummerSlam. Bray is really over and he can definitely solidify himself as THE supervillain of Raw if he gets to hold the title. He also has history with D-Bry, so having D-Bry finally pin Bray Wyatt in the SummerSlam main event would be huge. The Attitude Era had tons of short reigns that got heels really over. It wouldn't hurt Bray one bit. We all know he'll get the World title again at some point.

I'd be up for that idea if Money In The Bank was the enxt PPV and not the one after the next show. By the time Bryan won't have defended for two months and I think they should've stripped him or announced an interim champ by then.

But I like the idea. WWE could have a lazy PPV that'd actually work with the way that's been suggested. Pair people in qualifiers on the undercard and then have them move onto the MITB match. It'd appeal because nobody would know who'd be the ladder match and a new champion would be a certainty.

WWE can strip the title soon and keep it vacant for a month. It's been done before.

Why not have this, and have someone like Cena or Orton win it. They have won MITB before, but losing to Bryan won't hurt them one bit.

If you want some an up-and-comer pushed, also have a proper MITB with a briefcase, and push the guys (Barrett, Reigns etc) in this, and award one of them the title.

So, you could have:-

MITB briefcase match

Ziggler, Reigns, Barrett, Rollins, Ambrose, Cesaro, and throw in a Kofi Kingston or RVD as a high-flying tease to the match.

MITB Match for WWE World Title

Cena, Orton, Batista, Wyatt, Kane, Christian, Del Rio, Big Show,
(Not much of a match, but none of these guys will be hurt by Bryan gettting back the title. I would have included Punk if he were still around, and it would have made the match better).

I'd have just one Money in the Bank match a year now. 2 was excessive, back when it was a part of 'Mania it would often be a highlight of the evening. This year, I'd like to see the following talents participate:

Bray Wyatt
Luke Harper
Eric Rowan
Dean Ambrose
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins
Fandango
Dolph Ziggler
Cesaro
Bad News Barrett

like this idea a lot. i'm always a fan of ppv events having matches that matter and make sense. that have some meaning and purpose. go figure.

Y2Jake makes a good point though in that MITB is not the next ppv. so there's an issue there maybe.
TheICChampion has another good point in the number of matches that this ppv would have if done exactly the way the OP suggests.

some of those qualifying matches could be tag matches or 6-man tags to determine who advances into the MITB Ladder Match to maximize the time and lower the quantity of matches, making room for the Tag Titles, US, IC and Divas Title Matches. or some of the aforementioned singles matches could take place on the Raw and Smackdown shows leading up to the ppv.

again, the main issue i see with this is that MITB is not the next ppv. so what to do with the WWE Title until then?

Justin LaBar just wrote an article about that not too long ago. he suggested making the Evolution vs. Shield Elimination Match at Payback for the WWE Title. let Triple H win. he went into depth as to why that should happen, but it made sense to me. given the history between Triple H and the other members of Evolution would allow that group to disband. plus Triple H vs. a returning Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam, exactly one year after Triple H screwed Daniel Bryan out of that title to begin with, is money.

so i like Justin LaBar's idea a lot for the WWE Title picture while DB recovers. if that's what does in fact happen, how about the OP's idea for a #1 Contender? put the MITB participants in qualifying matches on the ppv. at least that'd make the match unique in that you wouldn't know the participants going into the match. it'd make it very unpredictable to say the least.

i'm curious to see what WWE does with their World Title in the coming weeks and months. if it is still vacated by the time MITB comes around, i would be all for this kind of concept taking place. it's almost like a King of the Ring meets Money in the Bank type of deal. in my opinion, that's the best of two great ideas.

I don't like this idea. It eliminates the whole purpose of the Money In the Bank match. The match is a #1 contendership match where the winner can cash in the title match at any time they wish. This is what seperates the Money In the Bank match type from traditional Ladder matches, well that and the number of contenders competing in the match. What you are looking for is an 8 man Ladder match for the World Heavyweight Championship. Money In the Bank matches should always be about the briefcase, that's how it was designed and it's a format that works. I would never want to see a Money In the Bank match be for the world title itself instead of for a title contract. They should change up the cash in methods instead, as there is absolutely nothing wrong with the match type itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back