MMA July - Slaying The Burger King

Ronda has gone full Diaz on us, holy shit.

PduKRqB.jpg

Oh my god I cannot stop laughing.

Bellator is the company that wanted to promote "legitimacy" in MMA. They went so far as to promote Ben Askren and Cole Konrad and televise their fights to prove that.

When news of this - you had to know it was going to happen, especially where there have been rumblings of Tito making his return - broke just now, I legit lost it laughing.

They're really following in TNA's footsteps. Lure your main competitor's (and it's not really a competition) washouts to your company, and promote them first and foremost over everything and everyone else.... with the false pretense that they're still major stars.

fc61vae.jpg

:lmao:

I thought this was a joke on the forums at the moment. I was just doing some quick searching for news and this came up on some wrestling forum. I didn't think it was true. I have no interest in watching these two fight at this stage in their careers. Tito hasn't won anything in years and Rampage isn't someone I want to watch.

I'll pass on this one.

What's really funny is how they literally built the announcement of the fight like a pro wrestling match.

They started a rumor on the internet that Rampage was going to fight Roy Jones Jr. They actually invited Roy Jones to the show tonight to sit ringside. They promote a "MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT" from Rampage Jackson. And then of course, Rampage announces he's fighting Tito Ortiz. Swerve. Ultimate swerve.

And a complete fucking joke. I would have at least enjoyed watching Roy Jones knock Rampage the fuck out within 3 rounds, but this? Absolutely no appeal to watch the two most washed-up fighters in the sport make complete fools of themselves. And the fact that they're actually putting it on pay-per-view is an even bigger joke.

I...just...wow.

I know a few weeks back I mentioned that I read Tito was wanting to make a comeback, but I didn't think it would come to this. Outside of the lucky punch that basically KOed Bader into a guillotine choke, Tito's last win was Ken Shamrock in 2006. I can't believe they think people will pay PPV money to see this.

How long have I told everybody what a joke Bellator is? Musta been a long fucking time because i've been kinda gone for months. It's seriously sad at this point. I mean, it's like they're trying to fail. They don't want to do anything right. Their champions either lose non-title fights or never fight at all, they tell us they won't sign UFC rejects yet go ahead and sign Rampage and Tito fucking Ortiz; two guys who are barley above Bob Sapp as the saddest fighters in MMA, and then they have the gall to charge it's fanbase fucking money to see them fight. How sad is it when a promotion that thinks it is totally cool to charge us money to watch Tito Ortiz fight Rampage Jackson? It's a travesty. It really fucking is. I can't even laugh anymore. It's just to sad.

Know who I feel bad for? Michael fucking Chandler. The guy is the only fighter on their sad, sad roster capable of becoming a star in this sport. He is in my opinion, a top 3 Lightweight in the world. Not only is he getting passed up to headline the first Bellator PPV by having two of the biggest jokes in MMA main event, but he is stuck in that absolute shithole for the foreseeable future. Fuck Bellator. I don't see how anybody can defend them anymore.

“Vitor, I accept. However, he has a title of No. 1 contender. If he’s willing to put that on line, not only will I fight him, but I’ll do it on December 28. Weidman defends his title, Rousey defends her title, and Vitor, you have a title and I want you to defend it against me," - Chael Sonnen.

So with Vitor turning down the offered fight with Tim Kennedy and then not responding to the offer of Rashad Evans at 205, we find ourselves in this tricky situation. Vitor only wants to fight at 185 if the title is on the line so this fight with Chael is being spoken about at a catchweight. Chael of course can see the problem with that in his quest for another title shot at 185. A win over Vitor at 185 is huge considering he's at the top of the contenders list and is probably next in line if Chris Weidman can defeat Anderson Silva in December.

If Chael can beat Shogun in Boston then the fight with Vitor becomes a real possibility and something I would look forward to. It's even more interesting that it could take place in Brazil since the evil machine that is the UFC is clearly hiding Vitor down there because of laws and regulations in other places! All kidding aside, it would still make this fight much more interesting if it's down in Brazil.

No August thread. I'll start a quarterly thread next month.

Rousimar Palhares is getting off the roids for good, I mean, dropping to 170. Seeing as how he'll be losing a lot of muscle, I really can't see him being successful in this division and enacting his gameplan, which is muscling guys to the ground, and he'll probably get cut after losing to Rick Story or someone like that.

Also I'm going to this and it should be cool. I have a VIP Ticket, which includes:

Includes meet, greet and photo op with Dana and guests before event opens to public. Anyone who purchases their ticket in advance gets entered to win 2 (two) Premium tickets to the UFC Fight Night on Saturday Aug. 17th.

ufchomecomingfinalflyer.jpg

I think the biggest MMA weigh in fail took place last night. Last night at the WSOF weigh in Lew Polley weighed in at 237lbs....for a light heavyweight fight. That is 32 pounds. That is insane. I remember a couple years back some guy missed weight for a fight with Ricco Rodriquez in Shark Fights by twenty something and Ricardo Mayorga missed weight in his MMA debut by twenty, but those seem like nothing in comparison.

I just remember Lew Polley being the only coach to be fired from The Ultimate Fighter, because he would keep contradicting JDS' advice to the fighters, and would basically push the fighters to the brink of exhaustion.

"This not 'Team Lew'... This 'Team Junior'!"

Dana White has offered Nick Diaz a fight.... vs Lyoto Machida at 185.

Dana's been trying to make Machida vs. Belfort but Belfort wants nothing to do with it, so he's made the offer to Nick to fight Machida since Nick's talked about moving up to 185 since "retiring."

As Nick Diaz's biggest fan, I'm down if he's down. He'd bring the fight to Machida like no one has before, and I think would wear him down and take a decision.

BREAKING:

Forrest Griffin is no longer a douche bag. Got to hang with him and Dana last night. Brittany and Arianny were at the party too and were really trying not to really talk to anyone.

Dana pretty much flat out told me that he doesn't see the UFC coming back anytime soon because the city is busting his balls.

So what did Forrest say to you to not be a douche bag anymore? I mean, you were against him for a long time. Did he give you the cure to cancer or something? All kidding aside that's awesome you got to talk to those guys, and a damn shame if what Dana says is true.

Also, did anyone else here about Arlovski stepping in to fight Mike Kyle at WSOF5? Should be a nice slugfest but I hope it ends quickly. It has the potential to be a snoozefest if these two get out of the first. Either war WAR ARLOVSKI!

Brittany and Arianny were at the party too and were really trying not to really talk to anyone.

These two are in for a World of pain and suffering once their looks start to fade away. They better marry rich while they still can.

Stoked for you though that you're having a great time, man. Hope the rest of the week goes the same!

Also, did anyone else here about Arlovski stepping in to fight Mike Kyle at WSOF5? Should be a nice slugfest but I hope it ends quickly. It has the potential to be a snoozefest if these two get out of the first. Either war WAR ARLOVSKI!

If Arlovski's smart, he'll take Kyle down immediately and submit him. He doesn't want any part of Mike Kyle standing up.

Agreed. Mike Kyle is a killer on the feet and will likely take AA's jaw off if he connects with anything. To this day I don't understand why Arlovski hasn't utilized his superior ground skills more in his career. I know he likes to put on great and exciting fights but he could have done more damage to the Heavyweight division in the day if he would have locked that knee bar he has on some dudes.

These two are in for a World of pain and suffering once their looks start to fade away. They better marry rich while they still can.

Stoked for you though that you're having a great time, man. Hope the rest of the week goes the same!

Brittany already seems like she's had an unnecessary amount of Botox done and if I were to guess is probably a hardcore chain smoker.

The Q&A with Ronda Rousey and the weigh-ins were a great time. I encountered quite the unique individual yesterday sitting in front of me. Dude must have weighed about 350 lbs, was rocking a Team Rousey shirt, had Rousey as the background on his phone, talked about how much he loved Rousey (and kept talking despite my best efforts to get him to leave me alone) and just about came in his pants when he came back from getting his UFC Magazine signed by Ronda.

I bit the bullet and bought an autographed poster that I'm going to need to get framed.

It's really cool being there for the weigh-ins. I always watch them online so being there in person is such an awesome experience. Conor McGregor's family was there and holy shit, there were a bunch of smokeshow Irish girls there with them.

I'll take pictures tonight and post them up. Such a great card. Pickett vs. McDonald is a Prelim, and a fight between the #5 and #3 ranked Bantamweights. Such a stacked card, so many fights are FOTN candidates.

Does anyone know if mike easton has been cut? He was just at some bar I'm at and was dodging the question as to who he is fighting next.

Wiki says he is still employed, just doesn't have an upcoming fight.

After tonight I think it is safe to say, Reem will never sniff the UFC title. Hype train certified derailed. Also I think it may be time for Shogun to hang it up. He has lost three of his last four, and it took him four rounds to finish Brandon Vera in that fight, and hasn't won back to back fights since he beat Coleman and Chuck back in '09.

I asked Mike Easton when his next fight was (he was half in the bag and started screwing with my buddy's concentration on a basketball game in the bar) and he said that he's basically ready to go. He's been telling this to Joe Silva, Sean Shelby, etc, and they won't get back to him.

I'll never understand why Shogun worked on his boxing so much going into this fight. His TDD is shoddy at best to begin with, and for a BJJ Blackbelt, it seems like he forgot everything he knows.

As I was going ballistic (as was the rest of the arena) when Chael submitted Shogun, some random Brazilian guy came down and started celebrating with us and said that Chael pulling off the submission is definitely a product of his training with Vinny Magalhaes, and at this point, Chael might even have better BJJ than Shogun, Wandy, Vitor, etc.

I don't think Shogun should retire. All he needs is one big win to get back to where he was prior to this fight and I'd still pick him over Lil Nog or Bader. I'd still give him a pass for the Vera fight as that was a fight where Vera really rose to the occasion.

The atmosphere for Reem/Browne was insane in the first place and when Browne knocked him out, everyone went NUTS. I really thought the fight should have been stopped when Reem was nailing him in the corner.

I hope Bellator stay in business forever, just so I can laugh at MMA news on the regular. They hire Vladimir Matyushenko, a guy I respect, and his debut is supposed to be against Christian M'Pumbu, the guy you may remember as the champion who lost a non title fight to Travis Wiuff. M'Pumba gets injured and has to drop out, so who do they hire to replace him? Houston Alexander. Their main event for that show will feature two 40+ year old former UFC gate keepers.

The co-main event is Patricio Freire versus Diego Nunes, who I had no idea had been released from the UFC.

Other than poor Eddie Alverez and to a lesser extent Michael Chandler, the whole promotion makes me lol.

Yaz, i've been saying that for years. You know what I was told? "Competition is good for MMA, you're not even a real MMA fan if you hate Bellator. Just another Zuffa schill." Now, I just sit back and laugh because almost everyone is seeing my point of view on the subject. You know what sucks? We're going to see Chandler fight mid to low level fighters his entire career.

So it looks like Vitor Belfort will face Dan Henderson on November 9th in Brazil at a Fight Night type event. I'm a little disappointed because the possibility of Belfort vs. Sonnen was something I wanted to see added to the Weidman/Silva II card in December.

In regards to this fight I think Vitor will get the win over Henderson. The last two times Dan has fought I've picked him to win and he's not got the job done both times. I hope he wins but chances are that Vitor continues to roll through opponents as he waits for a middleweight title shot against Weidman once he beats Anderson.

Unless Wanderlei refuses to fight/isn't healthy enough then it looks like he will fight Chael Sonnen at UFC 167 as the co-main event. Very excited for this fight and hopefully Wanderlei accepts the challenge. I expect Chael to drive Wanderlei into the fence and take him down for three rounds and walk out with a victory. After his fight with Shogun I can't look past Sonnen against someone like Wanderlei.

Wanderlei got his Pro Wrestling on by cutting a promo on Chael Sonnen. Very entertaining stuff.

[YOUTUBE]V0tg0eSdFcE[/YOUTUBE]

UFC needs to pony up the $$$. It won't hurt to give Wandy this one big paycheck that he quite frankly deserves as much as anyone ever has. If he loses (which he most likely will), then it'll probably be his last fight, so why not give him that huge payday as he's walking out the door? He's more than earned it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back