MMA July - Now featuring Heisenberg's tears

I dunno, I think Anderson would destroy Nick.

I'd love to see the fight though.

You seem quite certain on that. What makes you think Anderson would destroy Diaz?
I know it sounds like a stupid question because it's Anderson Silva but still, i don't think Anderson has really fought anybody like Diaz.

Nick is ten times the fighter Forrest is though, and a better chin but yeah I see a James Irvin-esque finish. Still Nick will put up a much more competitive fight, he's a major threat to Andy on the ground.

Roy Nelson said:
COACHES: Here are my Assistant/Guest Coaches the non-ufc coaches will be helping but not on the set because they are black, criminals, white, Olympian, Great TV ... (disclaimer I have know idea, just opinion)

NON-UFC ALLOWED
Muhammed Lawal
Kurt Angle
Victor Conte

UFC ALLOWED
Royce Gracie
James Johnson
Jeff Mayweather
George St. Pierre
Nick Diaz
Nate Diaz
Rashad Evans
Forrest Griffin
Chael Sonnen
Jake Shields
Gilbert Melendez
Martin Kampmann
Amir Sadollah
Mike Pyle
Gray Maynard
Ron Frazier
Anthony Brown,
I am a student first, teacher second. Let give theses kids an opportunity of a life time. A UFC SUPER CAMP

It's a shame they wouldn't approve Angle. Sure he's batshit crazy but still an Olympic Gold Medalist.

I went crazy when I saw this list, and while I love all the guys he's got that he's gonna be able to bring in I just can't stop thinking about how pissed I am over Angle not being on TV. Whether you like him or not he's a goddamn Olympic Gold Medalist, plus that would make damn good TV. Oh well, still a kick ass list of guys.

I love the bit about the other guys not being on TV because they're "black, criminals, white, Olympian, Great TV"

Nick is ten times the fighter Forrest is though, and a better chin but yeah I see a James Irvin-esque finish. Still Nick will put up a much more competitive fight, he's a major threat to Andy on the ground.

Agreed, but i really honestly believe that Diaz stands a chance standing-up with Silva. Silva hasn't really come across a stand-up fighter that is direct, accurate and as aerobically charged as Diaz in recent memory. And there's the added element of Diaz's awesome BJJ.

Ehh I have faith in Diaz and that he could win but on the feet not really. I'm not saying he's gonna get wrecked there but at some point in five rounds if Diaz doesn't sub him and they spend a decent amount of time on the feet Anderson would hit something that would atleast rock Nick. I'll be such a frickin sick fight regardless though I don't care, just wanna see it play out and as long as it's exciting and doesn't end too quick I'll be happy, and that's what I expect to get.

Usually when fans count Diaz out it irks me, but against Anderson it's understandable. Anderson should definitely be favored in the fight.

That said, I of course think Diaz has a better chance than most are giving him credit for. If Nick did beat Anderson, I think it'd be with body work. Nick is BY FAR the absolute best body puncher in MMA, and if he could survive Anderson's initial onslaught (which is more than possible due to Nick's chin, toughness, and stamina), I could easily see Nick wearing Anderson down with his work to the body and stealing the later rounds.

I'm not saying this because I'm not a Vera fan but neither of them really deserve a shot, especially him. Vera is Frickin 1-2-1 which is really 1-3 in his last 4 and his last win was against Eliot Marshall....not exactly contender worthy, sure a win over Shogun would improve his stock massively but there are more deserving guys out there. Shogun doesn't really deserve it either but 2 wins and a loss that was a close fight of the year makes him more acceptable.

Aside from Hendo the most deserving guy is Gustaffson by a mile, he's got a nice streak, subbed Diabate & Te Huna, KO'd Vlad & Hamil and dominated(nearly KO'd) Silva.

I like Vera but he doesn't deserve it. Shogun really doesn't either, especially when you consider how badly he lost to Jones, but they seem to want to bring Gus along slowly and Davis just lost to Rashad so they don't have any other young guys. They have no one else. The only contenders are guys that Jones has already beat. Unless they gift Forrest or Lil' Nog there are no name guys he hasn't beaten.

Maybe Glover Teixeria is he beats Rampage

The Erick Silva Hype Train after this fight...

train_derail.jpg

Scratching my head “@FightCoveMike: @JonnyBones The winner of Shogun vs. Vera is guaranteed #1 contender at 205.”

Jones on the winner of Shogun/Vera getting a title shot.

Fitch/Silva is simply awful match-making. What the fuck is the UFC thinking? My God...

And the only shot in hell the winner of Shogun/Vera gets a shot at the Light Heavyweight title is if Hendo lands a lucky punch. Otherwise, I have to believe the UFC isn't going down that route. Then again, they did book Fitch vs. Silva, so they can be pretty ******ed at times, so you never know...

Dana has taken back naming Shogun/Vera a #1 Contendership bout.

When the fans speak, we listen. So whoever scores the best win, whoever gets the fans excited by going out there on Saturday and looking the most impressive, he will get the winner of (Jon) Jones versus (Dan) Henderson.

Okay Dana, if that's true, give us Anderson vs. Diaz and give it to us before Diaz's suspension is over.

That's funny since his usual reaction is "if you don't like the decision/ fight you're not a real fan". Let's just hope he continues to listen.

Also I'll be at the Fox 4 Presser so if you're watching pay attention because I'm gonna try hard to get some questions in. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back