MMA GSD For July is Dropping H-Bombs on Russia

UFC 136 is going to be fucking incredible.

Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard (for lightweight title)
Jose Aldo vs. Kenny Florian (for featherweight title)
Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann
Demian Maia vs. Jorge Santiago
Melvin Guillard vs. Joe Lauzon

Two title matches on one card? Haven't seen that in a long time, when did they last do that?

That show looks amazing.

129. Easy to remember for me as I was watching it and got a call that my new baby cousin was born lol.

Anthony Pettis vs. Jeremy Stephens and Mike Russow vs. Dave Herman added to UFC 136, probably on prelims.

Holy shit this card rules.

Anthony Pettis vs. Jeremy Stephens and Joe Lauzon vs. Melvin Guillard will both be a fight of the year candidates for sure.

Man... UFC 136 and UFC 137 are shaping up to be the greatest back-to-back UFC cards in history.

This card is cursed. I guess they offered the fight to Maldanado, who turned it down due to the time to prepare.

Either they move Hamill or Gustafsson up (probably Gustafsson since nobody wants to see Franklin vs. Hamill II), or they should move Rich off the card entirely and have him fight Machida in a couple of months.

Man... UFC 136 and UFC 137 are shaping up to be the greatest back-to-back UFC cards in history.

Time will tell if they can out-do 116 and 117, but I'm right with you.

I agree this card is cursed. I agree with the idea to move Gustafsson up considering Hammil doesn't have much time to prepare. I hope they don't move Rich off the card because he's been training all this time and it'd be a terrible thing to happen to him. If Leben takes this fight, I will become a fan of theguy again. One of the most true fighter this sport has ever seen.

Man, with my luck in sports and pro wrestling lately, I have a feeling the roll will continue with MMA in the next few months.

Fedor will beat Hendo
Shogun will beat Griffin
Gomi will beat Diaz
Penn will beat Condit
Diaz will beat GSP

Those are my five favorite fighters all winning in the span of 3 months (I also want to predict that Cro Cop will beat Nelson and then go on to beat Lesnar in Lesnar's return fight, but I'm not that confident, lol). Not to mention Amir Khan (my favorite boxer next to Vitali Klitschko) will win this Saturday.

Oh, and the Saints will be undefeated by the time Diaz vs. GSP happens.

The first half of the year, all my fighters and favorite teams lost and kept fucking losing, and a few years were taking off my life because of it, but my luck is changing. I know it, and I can't wait to quote this post down the line to show how I was 100% accurate in these predictions months ahead of time. :)

Since Franklin is off the card completely I can see them doing Machida/Ace in the fall sometime. Someone suggested doing that fight at 125 which would be cool to. A lot of people are bitching that Machida isn't getting somewhere higher up the ladder but he is one win past a two fight losing streak. Franklin is a fine match up for him. Or Davis maybe if they really want to test Mr. Wonderful.

Well, more speedbumps in the grand prix as Overeem won't fight in September which was when they wanted to schedule the next fights. He then says he wants to stay active and fight as much as possible whether that's in SF or another promotion. He says he will not fight in September but will have a fight in October and it will be in SF or another Org which means that's postponing the tourny another few months. Shit's getting ridiculous real quick.

I like Overeem but he sure does act like a spoiled btich sometimes. He would have had enough of a training camp if he had taken 2-3 weeks off after Werdum. Now he's saying he went into that fight with a broken toe and it needs to heal, sure didn't mention that when people were first criticizing his win. Anyway, hope this shit gets sorted out and the damn GP goes forward. They probably won't move it to October because of the ridiculously stacked 136/137 cards.

According to Overeem he agreed to an October bout with Big Foot Silva, and it was Strikeforce who changed the date to early September.

He has every right in the World to say no since it was SF who made the changes, not him. It's not Overeem's fault if Strikeforce is running out of big fights to make that they need to push up fights in advance.

According to Overeem he agreed to an October bout with Big Foot Silva, and it was Strikeforce who changed the date to early September.

He has every right in the World to say no since it was SF who made the changes, not him. It's not Overeem's fault if Strikeforce is running out of big fights to make that they need to push up fights in advance.

Nothing was ever announced regarding the GP continuing in October, nothing was ever even discussed publically about it happening in October. They might have said ''Yeah, maybe October'' and that's about it. I always stray away from accusing fighters of juicing but Overeem has caused shows to be moved in the past, includuing the last GP show...so ya know...maybe he's just waiting for his ''medicals'' to be cleared.

I love Overeem, but he was willing to fight Duffee on two days notice...

Overeem wasn't dealing with an injury then, though.

Call me a blind fan, but if Overeem says he's injured, then I believe he's injured.

Not if my Pack have a say. Don't we open vs. you ham-and-egg'ers?

Yes they do. It will be the greatest, most epic opener in NFL history and the Saints will win 38-35. :)

UFC 138 will be in the UK, with the first five round non-title main event between Chris Leben and Mark Munoz.

I don't get it, it would have made more sense to have Bisping vs. Mayhem as the Main Event.

The UK fans usually make for a great atmosphere atleast.

Anyone see any of this last weekend's random MMA events? Some Legends show in Japan and a new Shark Fights event aired I guess. I might check out the Shark Fights one.

UFC 138 will be in the UK, with the first five round non-title main event between Chris Leben and Mark Munoz.

I don't get it, it would have made more sense to have Bisping vs. Mayhem as the Main Event.

Agreed.

I also don't like that Munoz is Leben's next opponent. Hopefully Leben can stop the takedown and knock his ass out.

The UK fans usually make for a great atmosphere atleast.

Anyone see any of this last weekend's random MMA events? Some Legends show in Japan and a new Shark Fights event aired I guess. I might check out the Shark Fights one.

DREAM was also this weekend, though no footage has yet to circuit. Mousasi apparently had the most brutal knockout of the year thus far, so I'm looking forward to see that.

DREAM was also this weekend, though no footage has yet to circuit. Mousasi apparently had the most brutal knockout of the year thus far, so I'm looking forward to see that.

Oh yeah I thought I heard something about that, Grand Prix finals or something, right? Was it DREAM 17 or a non-canon card like the Fight for Japan card was?

Oh yeah I thought I heard something about that, Grand Prix finals or something, right? Was it DREAM 17 or a non-canon card like the Fight for Japan card was?

It wasn't stacked, but it had a few good names (Mousasi, Kawajiri, Whitemare, etc.), with a big headliner in Takaya vs. Miyata. It's definitely a show worth checking out when HD.Net airs the fucking thing. They used to air these shows live, and now they wait a week... pisses me off to the fullest extent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back