Miz needs a makeover/character change.

Mouthy Idiot

Occasional Pre-Show
This actually seems kinda obvious to me at this point. He just finished a horrible year in the WWE. I mean it was Job City. I dont get it. I understand they had other guys to push like Punk and Bryan but I dont get the Miz burial this past year. With word coming down that hes set to film The Marine 3 soon I think this would be the perfect chance to reinvent The Miz. What they SHOULD do is play up this whole Miz losing streak / demotion to prelims and have him go away to film the movie and when he returns I think a face turn would be very interesting.

As far as his look goes, he just is so plain looking to me. He doesnt have that charismatic look/ appeal. I know he cant help that for the most part but he could definetly try something new. Like maybe new ring music and a new haircut and possibly try to bulk up alittle bit add some muscle tone. New ring trunks and maybe something flashy like a tattoo or something to make him look more dynamic. People complained that his promos were getting alittle stale and choppy so maybe if he became a face the crowd could actually really get behind him and he could become very popular . It would take alot of character development tho because hes always been a heel/arrogant guy.

To sum it up, I just think sometimes a guy has to change course alittle to get the crowd behind him. It doesnt have to be an extreme makeover and I know it could flop really bad, but why not take a chance. His mic skills are good enough that if he was a good guy , I could see him being the next megastar who goes against the evil guys like Brock and Lauranitis. Miz would be a decent face and could reinvent the WWE over the next 5 years. Dont forget Randy Orton started out very similar to Miz. Orton was a cocky braggy heel and he became a huge superstar when he went face.

Job City? lolwut. He had a great angle when he was with Truth as the Awesome Truth. Truth messed that up and sure, it fucked things up but really it was The Miz who blew it when he failed to catch Truth before mania. He shouldn't have done what he did and they punished him for it.

He also just doesn't fit in anything they've done since mania. Miz vs Punk? No thank you. Miz vs Shaemus? Oh boy, thats quite bad. There's just nowhere to put him. Heels have been a dime a dozen lately and hes already had his chance to shine. He got some good heat sure but obviously he's doing something wrong if they've kept him down like this for so long. I like how he loses to Santino for the belt, then the next night he beats Santino is 4 mins. Made me laugh really.

Miz COULD be a decent face. He has enough charisma I believe and he can most likely play the part well. If it would happen though, I just cant say for sure.

Oh and don't compare Miz to Orton. Orton had HHH and Flair in his ear and because of that he became a superstar. Miz isn't even near the position Orton was in post Evolution.

I think he is already in the process of a character change, but it's just a slow and sublte one like when Daniel Bryan turned heel. I think if Miz keeps losing big matches, getting left of PPVs etc, and complaining about it the way he is doing, people will eventually start to get behind him, turning him from a whiny heel to a sympathetic face that people want to see do well. The best thing for Miz to do would be to carry on as he is doing, be patient and wait for the crowd to turn in his favour

I disagree, with the news he is gonna be in the new Marine movie, I think they are fixing to have him "quit" or "fired" by whoever replaces Johnny as GM. He then returns later maybe the Rumble or does a "fan campaign" to reinstate him ala Randy Savage.

The Miz, hmm i do think he needs a character change, first of all his name the miz it just doesnt sound like a big stars name in this company, maybe they could play with his name a little maybe try and fit his first name in there somehow, i just cant take the name "the miz" to seriously.

His catchphrase he has to change because iam the miz and iam awesome, sounds like a 12 yr old.

His music is ok no complaints there. But that jacket that he comes out with is just horrible imo, looks like a raincoat.

His Mic skills are good for the most part, since he has done alot of tv i dont think he'll have a problem in that department.

Now trying to make him face idkk, i dont think he would stand out as a face as much as he stands out as a hell, hes just way batter as a hell imo, similar to jericho.

Now hes doing the Marine 3, which is great for him even though it will prob bomb in the box office, and now hes going to take time off i think thats a big mistake, he needs to be in the ring getting back into the title picture.

I belive this whole Miz "losing steak/heat/burial" is a way to write him off t.v. for a while so he can film the movie. He's will probably come back as a "face" because he will be portrayed as a military hero. It will be fresh , I guess...I don't care, I don't like the guy anyway. He's like the Kanye west of WWE, arrogant, annoying and always talking himself up and never letting us forget the hardships he had to endure in the locker room.

The simplest thing to do is to have him feud with Laurinitis, get "future endeavored" or "injured" by Tensai or Otunga, or one of Laurinitis's cronies (thus, giving him time to film the new movie), then have him come back feuding with Laurinitis and he'll instantly be a face.

Well they screwed up miz should of not been on Team johnny at wm28, khali should of been taken out, then teddy needs a guy to fill the role, then AWESOME! miz joins team teddy instant face turn. I really thought he would be this generations answer to the rock. his catchphrase im the miz and im awesome is like if you smell... and his REALLY? Could of caught on. so i jst think wwe missed their chance with him.

The Miz is fine. He's not being pushed heavily right now, which is why no one's invested in him. People aren't sick of the Miz character (at least, not in ways that aren't profitable), so he can be brought up to the spotlight any time the WWE desires.

People are under the illusion here that once a guy starts headlining, anything besides that is a demotion. That's not the case anymore. Performers can move up and down the depth chart fairly easily today; for instance, in December, no one gave a shit about Sheamus. They did before that, however, and that sentiment is easily tapped into whenever the WWE desires.

Miz will do Marine 3, and come back to a push and headline run. He's doing just fine.

Like most of the member here are saying, The Miz doesn't need a new look or a "make over". The Miz will be the star of the Marine 3, so this is the best way to take him out of T.V by make him lose matches and making other wrestler go over. When the Miz returns he will get the spot that he deserves.

I mentioned this in a previous post.

After Miz won the 12 man match at Mania, he was promised by Johnny to be part of some "big" plans. And a job to that quote "goofball" Santino in a pre-show for the US title isn't exactly big. I guarantee Miz will be a face or at least have a face run by the end of 2012. He will get fed up of being ignored and put aside and might play a big role in perhaps getting Teddy his job back.

Miz has got it all: charisma, ring skills, fan reaction etc.

It was after The Awesome Truth and conspiracy storyline they dropped the ball with both Miz and Truth as well. This alliance could have been a huge part in a title run both as a team and individual as well (sort of like the Two Man Power Trip but obviously not as much star power). The Miz just needs some time to re-invent his character a bit (perhaps while he films the Marine and give him plenty of time to prepare himself) and I think Miz as a face will be entertaining and also able to back up what he says in the ring.

The Miz needs to be approached as a new type of "The Rock". He has played heel for a long time, an arrogant smart ass, but a successful heel because there's a lot of fans that like him. If Miz turns face and runs epic promos and continues to keep his fans interested, holy shit, we could definitively have a new generation Rock. He can pull it off, it just depends on what direction WWE creative wants to go with him.

Like most of the member here are saying, The Miz doesn't need a new look or a "make over". The Miz will be the star of the Marine 3, so this is the best way to take him out of T.V by make him lose matches and making other wrestler go over. When the Miz returns he will get the spot that he deserves.

He should have won the United States Title at Extreme Rules that way he could drop the belt to someone on his way out.

I agree 100% that Miz needs a change and hopefully this Marine filming will do it. I imagine he will have to get into better shape and muscle mass for the movie and cut his hair so a new look is very likely. After his recent treatment from Laurenitus I would have him turn face and feud with Johnny & co. Imagine if Cena is in a lumberjack match with Tensai and is getting beat down at end of Raw, Miz is a lumberjack and looks to help Johnny attack Cena by turns on him and the two take on all the heels with Raw ending as the once rivals stare down cautiously at eah other with heels retreating. Johnny irate starts to make Miz life hell too and eventually fires him. Miz films movie and comes back a top face to cost Johnny a match at Summerslam that stipulations have him losing power and thus Miz can return. From there he can keep on as a top face and promote the movie for its fall release.

I'd put him in Vicki's stable. I'd put Miz and Ziggler together for a short while as a team. Have them create an actual feud with whoever the tag champs are. Wouldn't be bad to see them against R-Truth and Kofi. Give them the belts for a bit.

The feud could accomplish to things. When they go over R-Truth and Kofi, Kofi could turn heel. (A much needed turn for him to take a jump up, but a discussion for another thread) Then eventually Miz and Dolph begin fighting over the spotlight. Who's better, who should get the pin, etc. Finally, Dolph and Swagger turn on Miz. Injure him and put him out for a while (Movie Time). Then when he comes back as a face he takes on Ziggler. Now, we have created a story line that gives Dolph, Miz, R-Truth, and Kofi something to be invested in.

p.s. For some reason, Dolph and Miz remind me of the New Age Outlaw pairing. Obviously, Dolph resembles Mr. Ass, but Miz has always reminded me of Road Dogg because he is a great talker, okay in the ring, but overall very entertaining.

I mentioned this in a previous post.

After Miz won the 12 man match at Mania, he was promised by Johnny to be part of some "big" plans. And a job to that quote "goofball" Santino in a pre-show for the US title isn't exactly big. I guarantee Miz will be a face or at least have a face run by the end of 2012. He will get fed up of being ignored and put aside and might play a big role in perhaps getting Teddy his job back.

Miz has got it all: charisma, ring skills, fan reaction etc.

It was after The Awesome Truth and conspiracy storyline they dropped the ball with both Miz and Truth as well. This alliance could have been a huge part in a title run both as a team and individual as well (sort of like the Two Man Power Trip but obviously not as much star power). The Miz just needs some time to re-invent his character a bit (perhaps while he films the Marine and give him plenty of time to prepare himself) and I think Miz as a face will be entertaining and also able to back up what he says in the ring.

I pretty much agree with everything you've said. The Miz has everything you need to be a massive force in WWE. The problem is today's WWE. They decide to push a talent and then, for no apparent reason, depush them with no explanation. They did that with Sheamus, Swagger, and now with The Miz. And it's not the talent's fault. It's the WWE machine. No rhyme or reason to it, just randomly using and not using talents.

As for Miz being heel or face, it doesn't matter to me. Just as long as he's being used on television, I'm happy. WWE are sheer morons for not capatilizing on the guy and his talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back