Jack Swagger enough is enough.

Mouthy Idiot

Occasional Pre-Show
Raw was so pathetic having Swagger lose to Santino. This is sad how a guy like Jack Swagger is now a full time jobber. I just dont understand what he did wrong to be where he is now in the pecking order. I mean the dude is like 6'5 260 and has an amateur wrestling background. The fact is he really was an "all american" at Oklahoma. WWE thought enough of him in 2010 to put the world title on him. The guy is never gonna be the most loved or even hated and his personality is alittle goofy but I dont get why he isnt pushed as a top guy anymore.

I really really really think they need to repackage this guy and I think the perfect gimmick would be something similar to what the WWF did with Lex Luger. Have swagger come out and really get behind his "all american" roots and start taking on the bad guys . Maybe he comes out and stops Big Shows reign of terror. Something anything would be better then being this jobber whiny heel being led around by Vickie and being dolphs bitch boy. Swagger has to be reinvented and change his presentation. Even change his voice alittle and try new ring music and a new look.

So bascially is Jack Swagger ever gonna be a star and main eventer or is he destined to be mid card and eventually future endeavored.

Yeah, that happens when you aren't a stand out guy. Jack Swagger can be as good as he want's in the ring, but that's obviously not making people give a damn about him. I certainly don't care. Most crowds don't seem to either. As far as I can see, he's dull and uninteresting. I wouldn't miss him if he wasn't on Raw.

Haha dude I fear swaggs time is over. Its a damn shame though espescialy since he won the money in the bank ladder match and oh wait they gave him rhe fucking WHC belt and now he's jobbing to Santino the WORST champion to hold a belt Since David Arquette. I don't like his character but I can understand other people will for the comedy. But WHY give him the damn US belt if he's booked like shit. The Belt is going down the drain just like him. Man I miss the days when respectale guys like MVP held it.. Anway lets do the math: Santino gets his ass handed to him by Del Rio and a week later manages to beat Swaggs. And fucking Cole dares to remind us that he's a former WHC. Yeah what a slap in the face. Not only do you devaluate the character but you make people think that random jokes can win championships. Its like rhe WWE forgot that when they booked Santino like shit he had a strap. So they thought oh yeah he's a champ so lets let him win. Its just nonsensical and straight out BS. At least WWE do the decent thing and take the strap off santino and give it to a guy like Swaggs. Hell right now Swaggs has hitt rock bottom ad if they decide to usr him on tv each week anyway do something Meaningfull with him.*

I have to say that the WWE is completely destroying Swagger's image. He was built as a guy that can be next Kurt Angle, yet he was quickley watered down, and Ziggler was prefered over him (Ziggler deserves the push, but Swagger also deserves to be in the main event scene). Now, as seeing that he is losing to a guy like Santino Marella, makes me feel bad for the guy. I smell him getting 'future endeavored' soon enough. And It will be a shame.

Whoever he is, he is a good wrestler inside the ring plus he can get funny at times if WWE allowed him. Even if he is not in the world title scene or a main event feud, he should at least be involved in a solid upper midcard feud at times, like back int he days Jericho, Benoit and Mysterio were.

I think wrestlers like Jack Swagger, Cody Rhodes and Drew Mcintyre need to be part of a stable under an established main eventer to become big players in the business.

Reguardless of whether some fans like him or not, Swagger is a former World Champion. He's above losing to Santino. That just shows how lazy WWE creative actually is. They have a potential next gen star and don't use him. Typical.

He's above losing to Santino? Last I checked Santino was over and Swagger is not. It's laughable seeing people get so bent out of shape over a guy who after all these years has never connected with the fans losing to a guy who specializes in comedy but is still a popular superstar. Jack Swagger is lucky to have a job.

He's above losing to Santino? Last I checked Santino was over and Swagger is not. It's laughable seeing people get so bent out of shape over a guy who after all these years has never connected with the fans losing to a guy who specializes in comedy but is still a popular superstar. Jack Swagger is lucky to have a job.

You know why he never connected with the fans? Because of the poor booking of his time as the World Heavyweight champion. And saying stuff like "Swagger is luck to have a job', is ignorant and plain stupid. He proved he can wrestle, he proved he can hold on his own as a champion, but the creatives f*cked him over with a sh*tty storylines. So claiming, he didn't connect, is ignorant at best. Obviously, you have no idea what Swagger can do in-ring wise, because if you did, you'll know his a championship material.

It's a TV show for god sakes, it's entertainment...nobody is above doing anything because they're not doing it, their character is. I guess if that's your argument, like Sawyer should've gotten with Kate and not Jack, then you're fine, but if you're talking about these guys outside the boundaries of entertainment, you have to reassess how the business is run.

Like someone else said, Swagger is not over and Santino is, plus they're selling a crapload of cobra puppets to people right now and Swagger is probably costing them money. Of course Swagger jobs to Santino.

Not everyone who can wrestle deserves to get ANYTHING in WWE. You have to have the entire package, and even then, sometimes you JOB.

Remember Royal Rumble when Undertaker JOBBED more or less to Maven? It happens, deal with it.

I agree that Swagger is being misused; there's no way he should be jobbing to Santino. Donn't get me wrong I like Santino but he's a comedy act. I don't know why creative took away his edge when he moved away from Smackdown. Then when they started putting him in suits and have him whining when he won the World title I knew it was over. They need to have him go back to being a wresting machinelike he was at first or develop him into a no nonsense wrestler like they were doing with Angle before he left the WWECW brand for TNA. His mic skills aren't that bad, but if the E is worried about that, they should place him with AW that would flow well with the sports agent gimmick giving him a mouth piece. I hate that such a great wrestler is being wasted.

Why is Sylverter the Cat...I mean Swagger jobbing? Bad mic skills. Even a manager didn't help him. I do think he needs to evolve the character though. Give up the amateur wrestler look because it hasn't worked. Also he's a heel yet had nothing to say after losing his manager?? Not so heel like. Like most heels that don't succeed he needs to get more angry. Have an edge. Perhaps the All American face turn would work, but the WWE hasn't given us much to care about when turning wrestlers recently. They had a perfect opportunity to turn either Ziggler or Swagger which they still might and have us care for both of them, but they dropped the ball so far. He's a good wrestler and I hope he can turn it around.

In my opinion, he must of pissed someone off backstage, that's the only thing that comes to my mind, because the guy got a push and became the WHC, and i think he did a good job, but all of a sudden his career went south, just like McCyntire or the Miz, but i think if the creative team does something right with Swagger, he can be great, i mean, the guy has the talent to be a main event player, has the look, the height and the talent, all he needs is the oportunity, and if he gets it, he will take advantage of it........

Another "WWE isn't using this guy right" thread. My....how original.

But, in all honesty, I do think WWE could've done a better job booking Swagger while he was World Champion. At the same time, however, there's only so much bookers can do and the wrestlers themselves have to carry some of the load as well. I know the writers always get crapped on, sometimes deservedly so, but that can also be a crutch that some people lean on rather than giving the wrestler any share of the negativity.

Inside the ring, Swagger has shown time and time again that he's very solid all around. He can certainly put on entertaining matches and the fact that he's able to do that is a big part of why he's still with WWE. Obviously, it's never a bad thing to have guys who can put on entertaining wrestling matches as part of your roster. As someone else has pointed out, however, Swagger is someone that's consistently failed to make a connection to fans over the years. The fact of the matter is that, generally speaking, Swagger is not over with the audience and never truly has been. Some of that is the fault of WWE Creative and some of it is Swagger's own fault. If you don't have the ability, then all the good booking in the world isn't going to help.

If fans don't particularly care, then it doesn't matter that Swagger is 6'5" & 260 lbs. It doesn't matter that he's a great amateur wrestler. It doesn't matter that he's a 2 time All American. You know why Mason Ryan has disappeared from television? You know why Tensai is pretty much MIA & his push has been stopped? Because they weren't connecting with fans. Ryan is built like a comic book character and WWE pushed Tensai to the moon briefly. One guy has a killer look and the other had the WWE machine behind him, but they still didn't get over.

It annoys me that the US title is on Santino personally. As others have pointed out, however, Santino is over with fans. He consistently gets a good response from fans and, surprise surprise, that does count quite a bit with those who operate wrestling companies. If a guy isn't making the company any money, then he's not going to be pushed. Swagger's not over, so he's not being pushed.

I don't think people should write Swagger off exactly. He's only in his early 30s and it wouldn't take very much work at all to put Swagger in a much better spot than he's currently in. I'm sure he'll find himself firmly within the mid-card title & upper mid-card scenes again before long.

I know it's sort of a theme with these threads to suggest that the wrestler in question should be in the main event picture. Shit, there's not enough room. Not everybody can be a main eventer, not everybody's cut out to be a main eventer. The fact that a wrestler isn't a main eventer isn't automatic proofe that he's not being "used right". Sometimes, the guy just doesn't have "IT".

Could WWE do a better job booking him? Yes that's part of his problem. But he also needs to bring something to the table characterwise. Sure he can do the moves and all but he just doesn't have any personality to him. He's like watching a machine.

But, in all honesty, I do think WWE could've done a better job booking Swagger while he was World Champion. At the same time, however, there's only so much bookers can do and the wrestlers themselves have to carry some of the load as well. I know the writers always get crapped on, sometimes deservedly so, but that can also be a crutch that some people lean on rather than giving the wrestler any share of the negativity.

Inside the ring, Swagger has shown time and time again that he's very solid all around. He can certainly put on entertaining matches and the fact that he's able to do that is a big part of why he's still with WWE. Obviously, it's never a bad thing to have guys who can put on entertaining wrestling matches as part of your roster. As someone else has pointed out, however, Swagger is someone that's consistently failed to make a connection to fans over the years. The fact of the matter is that, generally speaking, Swagger is not over with the audience and never truly has been. Some of that is the fault of WWE Creative and some of it is Swagger's own fault. If you don't have the ability, then all the good booking in the world isn't going to help.

If fans don't particularly care, then it doesn't matter that Swagger is 6'5" & 260 lbs. It doesn't matter that he's a great amateur wrestler. It doesn't matter that he's a 2 time All American. You know why Mason Ryan has disappeared from television? You know why Tensai is pretty much MIA & his push has been stopped? Because they weren't connecting with fans. Ryan is built like a comic book character and WWE pushed Tensai to the moon briefly. One guy has a killer look and the other had the WWE machine behind him, but they still didn't get over.

It annoys me that the US title is on Santino personally. As others have pointed out, however, Santino is over with fans. He consistently gets a good response from fans and, surprise surprise, that does count quite a bit with those who operate wrestling companies. If a guy isn't making the company any money, then he's not going to be pushed. Swagger's not over, so he's not being pushed.

I don't think people should write Swagger off exactly. He's only in his early 30s and it wouldn't take very much work at all to put Swagger in a much better spot than he's currently in. I'm sure he'll find himself firmly within the mid-card title & upper mid-card scenes again before long.

I know it's sort of a theme with these threads to suggest that the wrestler in question should be in the main event picture. Shit, there's not enough room. Not everybody can be a main eventer, not everybody's cut out to be a main eventer. The fact that a wrestler isn't a main eventer isn't automatic proofe that he's not being "used right". Sometimes, the guy just doesn't have "IT".

I dont appreciate your smart ass dig at me Bro. Its pretty damn clear he isnt being used right you idiot. THE DUDE WAS THE WORLD CHAMP 2 YEARS AGO. THATS HALL OF FAME POTENTIAL.

The rest of your post was a bunch of sucking up to the corporate heads and writers of WWE. Instead of defending the wrestler you choose to bash him and make up excuses for why he failed and the bookers are always right. You have no clue about the WWE. Jack Swagger was given the title and was MAIN EVENT for a reason. You just choose to be a little Vince AND HHH and Steph butt kisser and agree with all their decisions on how a GUY GETS BOOKED. Like i said before all they have to do is BOOK a giy to win and the crowd will start to get behind the guy. Look at Ryback hes getting over cuz he destroys guys because guess what "jackhammer" wwe is fake. He is allowed to win . they write it for him to win by squash. They could write it for Swagger to win . They choose not to. Its because they fail at booking guys with talent. Half the guys are just as boring as Swagger and yet theyt magically get pushed. You cant explain it. DOnt tell me the fans determind every move. Thats a load of crap all pro wrestling writers say to appease fans.

See here is the problem, all i know about the guy is that he has an amateur wrestling background and nothing else, who watches pro wrestling for amateur wrestling? nobody or kurt angle would bring impact higher ratings. To me his whole gimmick is a gimmickless kurt angle who hasn't had a single quality match the likes that kurt angle is capable of having on any given night.

The entire time he was with ziggler and vicki i still felt it was about ziggler and i feel that he should have been lucky enough to have had something to do, and there was no payoff for him, he lost his title, lost a number of matches, and as of right he has nothing to do and thats why he was thrown into jobbing for santino last night.

And how in the world does a guy on a losing streak get a title shot, that upset me more than anything I saw last night when i was watching raw.

Give this guy a personality or get him off my tv.

You know why he never connected with the fans? Because of the poor booking of his time as the World Heavyweight champion. And saying stuff like "Swagger is luck to have a job', is ignorant and plain stupid. He proved he can wrestle, he proved he can hold on his own as a champion, but the creatives f*cked him over with a sh*tty storylines. So claiming, he didn't connect, is ignorant at best. Obviously, you have no idea what Swagger can do in-ring wise, because if you did, you'll know his a championship material.

He hasn't proven anything. You can mark out for him all you want and throw around terms like "ignorant" and "stupid", but it doesn't change the fact that he's not over and has done nothing to get himself over. Blame whoever you want, but spare me your childish outbursts and personal attacks.

He hasn't proven anything. You can mark out for him all you want and throw around terms like "ignorant" and "stupid", but it doesn't change the fact that he's not over and has done nothing to get himself over. Blame whoever you want, but spare me your childish outbursts and personal attacks.

You claim he wasn't over? back in ECW this guy was hot. Afterwards he went to Money in the bank and they pushed him too fast. They expected that without a proper character, feud and build-up that the silly briefcase was supposed to get him over in the main event. And when the geniuses realized their mistake the guy was already a WHC champ. What did they do? took the strap off of him and abused the guy. I'm not saying Swagger has no blame, but you try getting over If I book you to look weak, put you in shitty storylines for comedy purpose and don't give you any mic time at all. Yeah good luck bro.

You claim he wasn't over? back in ECW this guy was hot. Afterwards he went to Money in the bank and they pushed him too fast. They expected that without a proper character, feud and build-up that the silly briefcase was supposed to get him over in the main event. And when the geniuses realized their mistake the guy was already a WHC champ. What did they do? took the strap off of him and abused the guy. I'm not saying Swagger has no blame, but you try getting over If I book you to look weak, put you in shitty storylines for comedy purpose and don't give you any mic time at all.

This is the same ECW where Chavo was champion. He wasn't over, he was booked like a winner. The WWE then tried to book him like a winner on the main roster and the fans didn't respond to him. And I wonder why? Booking? Maybe. Or it could be that he's a big goofy looking mongoloid who speaks like Silvester the cat, looks and acts like Biff from back to the future, wrestles a mat style even though he towers over his opponents and should be able to toss them around like rag dolls, and has the lamest nick name (All American, American) in the history of nicknames. Oh I almost forgot his theme music, but i've railed on him enough. You could make your argument for just about anyone who's ever failed as a champion but when it comes down to it the guy just isn't any good. When he's main eventing Wrestlemanias and drawing huge money I'll admit I'm wrong. But I don't think I'm in any danger of that happening.

I dont appreciate your smart ass dig at me Bro. Its pretty damn clear he isnt being used right you idiot. THE DUDE WAS THE WORLD CHAMP 2 YEARS AGO. THATS HALL OF FAME POTENTIAL.

The rest of your post was a bunch of sucking up to the corporate heads and writers of WWE. Instead of defending the wrestler you choose to bash him and make up excuses for why he failed and the bookers are always right. You have no clue about the WWE. Jack Swagger was given the title and was MAIN EVENT for a reason. You just choose to be a little Vince AND HHH and Steph butt kisser and agree with all their decisions on how a GUY GETS BOOKED. Like i said before all they have to do is BOOK a giy to win and the crowd will start to get behind the guy. Look at Ryback hes getting over cuz he destroys guys because guess what "jackhammer" wwe is fake. He is allowed to win . they write it for him to win by squash. They could write it for Swagger to win . They choose not to. Its because they fail at booking guys with talent. Half the guys are just as boring as Swagger and yet theyt magically get pushed. You cant explain it. DOnt tell me the fans determind every move. Thats a load of crap all pro wrestling writers say to appease fans.
JackHammer always tries to cover up his biasses in long winded nonsensical paragraphs. He is the biggest two-faced poster I've ever seen. If this was TNA, I guarantee he'd solely blame management but in the world of WWE, it's the wrestlers fault because management knows what's best. :bang head:. In his eyes, WWE can almost do no wrong. This is why I try to avoid his post.

As for the thread, yes Swagger has been greatly misused. They book a guy like crap and wonder why he can't get over. This is why the whole MITB idea should be limited. It gives the company the chance to put the belt on guys without any real prior momentum and expect a surprise MITB win to write all wrongs and magically push a guy to superstardom. All they need to do with Swagger is make him have wins, compete, etc. Give this man the Kurt Angle treatment since his gimmick is a Kurt Angle light clone. Good booking is the key here. It's not rocket science but instead they would rather spend their time and energy to get a troll over like Hornswoggle instead of putting stock into a guy that could be their future at a time when it's been reported that WWE wants more stars.

As for the thread, yes Swagger has been greatly misused. They book a guy like crap and wonder why he can't get over. This is why the whole MITB idea should be limited. It gives the company the chance to put the belt on guys without any real prior momentum and expect a surprise MITB win to write all wrongs and magically push a guy to superstardom. All they need to do with Swagger is make him have wins, compete, etc. Give this man the Kurt Angle treatment since his gimmick is a Kurt Angle light clone. Good booking is the key here. It's not rocket science but instead they would rather spend their time and energy to get a troll over like Hornswoggle instead of putting stock into a guy that could be their future at a time when it's been reported that WWE wants more stars.

Uhhmmm Daniel Bryan pretty much proves your theory to be false. He was given an opportunity and ran with it, proving that swagger didn't have the all around talent needed. Saying things like "could be their future" shows how your being biased so you shouldn't throw that around. Swagger needs to change. That's all. It has nothing to do with booking.

This is the same ECW where Chavo was champion.

So what? ECW made Morrison, Miz and Punk.

He wasn't over, he was booked like a winner. The WWE then tried to book him like a winner on the main roster and the fans didn't respond to him.

Of course he was. He drew enough heat when he feuded with Hardy and Christian. Go watch his match with John Cena when he first came to Raw.

And I wonder why? Booking? Maybe.

Back in ECW he had enough time to cut a promo. He always drew a reaction from the crowd and was ECW's top heel at the time. His wrestling skills were always good and still to this day his matches are of good quality.

The reason he failed was because of the booking. He started out fantastic had mid-card feuds with MVP and Christian. They were pushing him steadily until they fucked it up with giving him the WHC. He wasn't ready for the belt, and when the bad ratings came in they gave up on the guy. Sure there were times that when he could and should have stepped up. Now he's a shell of his former self. They book him like trash. The point I'm trying to make is that both parties the WWE and Swaggs messed it up. But to degrade a character they build up to such a low hole is just me planting my seeds, letting it bloom and burning my own flowers. What was the point of pushing him in the first place if their just gonna give up later. That's whats pissing me off. And it's not only happened to Swaggs. Just look at Kofi. A guy who should be long in the main event right now but he's doing the same crap for the past couple of years. They push people and then don't follow through with it. And that's sad but true.

LetEmKnow YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD. The hornswoggle thing is 100% true and I dont even need to say anything else. They fuckin put Hornswoggle over ENOUGH SAID. The minute they put over Hornswoggle and Santino and dancing fat men over a competetive Kurt Angle style shoot fighter/wrestler hybrid they look sooo stupid. I thought Vince liked big legit tough guys. Guess not.

Swagger needs Heyman!

If Heyman can get in Swagger's corner and help him cut a decent promo (ala Lesnar) then I believe Swagger's career could really, really take off. Swagger needs to be more controversial to. I'm not saying he needs to be Punk 2.0, but I do think he needs to shoot at the company for not getting behind his back. And when Ziggler becomes face, accuse Ziggler of setting him back.

One great idea to get Swagger back in the spotlight would be for Ziggler to be in the WHC MitB ladder match and be at the top step pulling the case down and have Swagger jump the barricade and pull the ladder out from underneath him.

Really, I don't what else though. I am a fan of Swagger. He can wrestle, he just could use a push in the right direction for connecting with crowds. But hey, he got through to me, so it's not impossible for him to connect with a few more.

So what? ECW made Morrison, Miz and Punk.

Of course he was. He drew enough heat when he feuded with Hardy and Christian. Go watch his match with John Cena when he first came to Raw.

Back in ECW he had enough time to cut a promo. He always drew a reaction from the crowd and was ECW's top heel at the time. His wrestling skills were always good and still to this day his matches are of good quality.

The reason he failed was because of the booking. He started out fantastic had mid-card feuds with MVP and Christian. They were pushing him steadily until they fucked it up with giving him the WHC. He wasn't ready for the belt, and when the bad ratings came in they gave up on the guy. Sure there were times that when he could and should have stepped up. Now he's a shell of his former self. They book him like trash. The point I'm trying to make is that both parties the WWE and Swaggs messed it up. But to degrade a character they build up to such a low hole is just me planting my seeds, letting it bloom and burning my own flowers. What was the point of pushing him in the first place if their just gonna give up later. That's whats pissing me off. And it's not only happened to Swaggs. Just look at Kofi. A guy who should be long in the main event right now but he's doing the same crap for the past couple of years. They push people and then don't follow through with it. And that's sad but true.

You're just stating a bunch of opinions and arguing them as facts. The fact is Swagger isn't over. You can speculate all you want about "What if he was booked better" but they made the man champion, put a mic in his face and he dropped the ball. I'm not saying the WWE doesn't mishandle guys, but Swagger is a guy they were dumb to push in the first place. Vince liked his size and background so we got stuck with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back