**MERGED** WWE Hall of Fame 2013 Discussion (Keep it in here!!!!)

Mick-Foley.-007.jpg

The NY Post announced this morning that the Hardcore Legend, 3-time WWE Champion, 8-time WWE Tag Team Champion and Hardcore Champion now has one more title to add to his already stunning list of accomplishments: Mick Foley, WWE Hall of Famer!

Foley was announced as the very first inductee into the Hall of Fame Class of 2013, and is all but confirmed to headline the event on April 6th from Madison Square Garden. Not too bad for a kid from Long Island, who was brushed aside because he didn't have the "look" of your typical athlete.

I sent Mick a text message about an hour ago, congratulating him and letting him know that we're all proud of him, and everything he's accomplished in this industry. His career has been incredible, and if there were ever a true story of inspiration to be found in pro wrestling, it has to be Foley. Whether you love him as Mankind, Cactus Jack, Dude Love or the more traditional Mrs. Foley's baby boy, Mick is an incredible talent that deserves to headline Madison Square Garden.

One question remaining: who will induct him? I have my mind absolutely made up, but if I'm being reasonable it comes down to four men.

-The Rock
-Terry Funk
-Tommy Dreamer
-Paul Heyman​

Bang bang! Have a nice day!

EDIT: FUCK YOU JACK HAMMER!! xD

Since it's WrestleMania season, rumors and talk are flying as to who will be inducted and who should be inducted. So, let's just keep it all in here to keep from cluttering the forum up.

A few hours ago, the New York Post reported that Mick Foley will be inducted into the 2013 class of the WWE Hall of Fame at Madison Square Garden the night before WrestleMania. Foley is the first of the inductees to be announced and I'm guessing that the formal announcement of this will take place on Raw this coming Monday.

In a lot of ways, Mick Foley is an ultimate success story in WWE because he's certainly not the type of person you would peg for becoming a big star. Foley never had a particularly good look, he wasn't all that athletic, didn't have a good body and frankly he wasn't that gifted inside of the ring. But, Foley is someone that's loaded with personality and can deliver fiery, passionate promos that got him over with fans. Foley will always be remembered primarily as a hardcore wrestler because no DQ settings are where Foley made his biggest impacts inside the ring. From that standpoint, Foley was innovative and did things that many fans had never seen before, American fans especially. Depending on how you look at it, that's something of a mixed legacy when you consider the toll it's taken on Foley physically and the numerous imitators over the years. But hardly anybody worked harder or pushed himself more than Foley.

Foley is the PERFECT first choice for this class.

You have a likeable legend who your entire fanbase knows and mostly adores, every guy in the back respects, has a mainstream presence due to being a New York Times best-selling author multiple times over, still cuts one of the best promo's in the business, and he's from New York.

If Foley didn't headline this class it would have been a major dissapointment.

Also Foley's monologue's are so engaging, especially when playing off legit emotion, that we are sure to get potentially the greatest acceptance speach in the history of the honor.

Foley himself admits that he wasn't a great technical hold for hold wrestler, but that his style allowed him to be in the positions he did. His style did take its toll though. He originally retired at the age of 34. Think about that. Punk just turned 34 in October and is considered in the prime of his career. Cena will turn 36 in April and he still has a good five years before he will think about hanging up the boots. He has admitted that during his comebacks he would wrestle a big match and barely be able to walk the next day. He had a lot of factors working against him, but he managed to come through. Many people say Foley winning the WWE Championship was one of their favorite wrestling moments. On top of that the ceremony is in New York, at The Garden, the same stadium Foley recalls so fondly when talking about his youth. I know the WWE HoF, like most company run HoFs, isn't the most prestigious institution, but it is still a great moment for a great man.

I think he should do his acceptance speech as Mick Foley but there should be appearances by Cactus Jack, Dude Love, and Mankind and there's no question Mr. Socko should make an appearance.

I always liked all of Mick's characters because he seemed like he was having so much fun all the time. He also is a great success story in that he just seems like an average guy off the street. He didn't really have "the look" of a professional wrestler (at least at the time he was popular). His matches were always entertaining and he's been involved in some legendary matches. The Hell in A Cell match where Undertaker threw him off of the cage is a legendary moment in pro wrestling history. Also, I'll never forget his "I Quit" match (I think at the 1999 rumble, against the Rock. That was amazing.

Congrats, Mick.

OP Foley was very gifted inside of the ring. If Foley wasn't, neither was Bruiser Brody - this blows all kind of shit out of Ric Flairs *ONCE* agenda ridden argument.

Good pick. Foley constantly sacrificed his physical well-being, and he put his body through hell for pro wrestling. I know a lot of people refuse to accept Foley as a legit legend in pro wrestling, but his heart and burning passion for wrestling is something to be admired. He didn't have a chiseled physique, and Foley never fit into the mold of a main eventer. But Foley should be remembered as a guy, who decided to be different, and his passion for the business was an important factor for breaking through the proverbial glass ceiling.

Also, expect Foley to be the headline guy for the Hall Of Fame ceremony this year. We all know the Warrior will never accept the invitation, and Bruno Sammartino is in the same boat. Plus, I haven't payed too much attention to the Lany Poffo drama, but I'm pretty sure Savage is still a no-go. Unless, WWE surprises everyone with an unexpected shocker, Foley is the only guy with some real name value.

I wouldn't mind Edge giving the inducting speech for Foley, and Triple H would be another ideal choice.

I think it is a good pick, and it's cool he gets to have the induction ceremony at MSG. Foley put his body through hell for us his whole career and without a doubt he should be in. I think The Rock should be the one to induct him. I know a lot of people think the HOF is a joke and maybe it is, but it still does make for some great moments to see guys like Foley get in. Just hearing their stories make the show worth watching. Glad to see Foley is in.

I just think not having Savage in just belittles the whole HOF. I think Savage is good enough to carry his family into the HOF.

I remember reading a post from Sly about how The Miz deserved to go into the Hall of Fame more than Owen Hart. He was right. When you put Owen's career up against The Miz it's a victory for the guy who was on the reality show.

The Miz is a former WWE Champion, was the main event of WrestleMania and defeated the biggest name in professional wrestling today to retain his WWE Championship. How many people can say they beat John Cena one on one at WrestleMania? It's a really short list. Now I'm not saying The Miz should be inducted right now but you can make a good case that Owen didn't do anything more than the Miz during his wrestling career.

Owen was a tag team guy, he tagged with everyone. Multiple time champion in that division, good for him. He had a great feud with Bret Hart who was a star. Does that make Owen a star? No it doesn't. Other than the feud with Bret, who happened to be his brother, I don't think Owen did anything memorable. Looking at his feuds Owen never took a main event spot as heel after it. Was he a world champion contender like his brother? Owen was never anything to call home about.

His death is a huge reason people want him in the Hall of Fame. It was tragic but does that mean his career should be given more recognition then if he didn't die like he did? Owen Hart would not have this push for the Hall of Fame if not for his tragic death and if his last name wasn't Hart.

Owen Jones who fell to his death inside a WWF ring probably wouldn't have the same kind of fan base as Owen Hart does. Should Owen go into the Hall of Fame this year? Nope and I don't see when he would. His wife doesn't want it and I'm not going to argue with a woman who suffered like she did.

1. If you look at the impact of there careers you cannot compare Owen to Miz and say Miz had more
2. Owen died while still in his prime He died for the company which alone puts him the position to deserve it.
3. If he hadn't died do you not hink he would have been in WWE for a good more years. Probobly could have even got a WWW title

And his wife not allowing his usage is disrespectful to his memory and what he loved. By denying you deny who Owen is and what he speant his whole life trying to do

1. If you look at the impact of there careers you cannot compare Owen to Miz and say Miz had more

Other than his death what impact did Owen Hart have on the business? He had a great match with his brother which is often called the best opener at WrestleMania ever but that's it. He was a tag team guy that went from partner to partner. He had one big feud which was with his brother and didn't reach those heights again.

2. Owen died while still in his prime He died for the company which alone puts him the position to deserve it.

If a footballer dies on the field they don't deserve to go into the Hall of Fame. Owen doesn't get a free pass just because he died in the ring. It was tragic but Owen shouldn't be made a legend because of it.

3. If he hadn't died do you not hink he would have been in WWE for a good more years. Probobly could have even got a WWW title

His wife has said Owen was unhappy with the company and wanted to leave. I doubt Owen would have stayed with the WWF considering everything I've heard and what his wife has said about his thoughts about wrestling at the time.

And his wife not allowing his usage is disrespectful to his memory and what he loved. By denying you deny who Owen is and what he speant his whole life trying to do

She lost her fucking husband!

You have no right to say what she is doing is disrespectful. Did you know Owen? Probably not. You only lost a guy you saw on television every week. His wife lost the person she loved. If she wants to keep Owen off television than that is her right. She has suffered more than anyone because of Owen's death.

I can't believe someone would write something so stupid.

The 2013 Hall of fame Class predictions:

Mick Foley: He has already been announced and will lead the 2013 class. What is there to say about Foley that hasn't been said, one of the most deserving to be in the hall of fame who put everything on the line everytime he went into the ring. Great choice to lead the class this year.

John Bradshaw Layfield: After a successful return to the WWE in which JBL added a lot to the commentary team and the induction of his best friend and former partner, Ron Simmons, last year, I think that 2013 would be a good year to induct JBL. Theirs no doubt that he deserves it for his WWE championship run, his commentary, his great tag team work and the fact that he was an all round solid performer in the ring. I don't see him wrestling again other than in a one off match or a royal rumble, so 2013 should be the year JBL gets inducted into the hall of fame.

King Kong Bundy: He has hinted that he will be inducted this year and I think that he deserves it. An underrated big man who while it wasn't a good match, headlined the second Wrestlemania.

The New Age Outlaws/ DX They returned to the WWE recently, and with the WWE usually putting in a tag team or stable, I could see either the New Age Outlaws or DX being inducted this year.

Bob Barker: He has been the highlight of the WWE celebrity videos recently and was the best guest host of RAW, where he actually was entertaining unlike a lot of hosts. He seemed to enjoy his time on RAW and I think that he is worthy of the celeb wing of the hall of fame

So there's a report that the Kliq may get inducted into the Hall of Fame this year.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/12952/major-news-the-kliq-sammartino-backlund-to-wwe-hof

How do you feel about this?

My problem with this is it just seems like a way to get Pac into the hall. All the other guys in the Kliq are Hall of famers in there own right, Pac just happens to have the right friends. Maybe you feel that Pac should be in anyway, but I feel that there should be a line somewhere and he doesn't make the cut. Also the Kliq isn't a wrestling team. They're a group of friends that broke Kayfabe at MSG. Pac wasn't even there for that anyway.

I don't understand why you'd put this group into the Hall. If you were someone who only watched the show's, and didn't read anythign on the internet, you wouldn't even know who the Kliq was. What wrestling accomplishments did the Kliq do to be inducted into the Hall? It just looks like HHH trying to get his friends in.

PWInsider.com reports there has been discussion and consideration in WWE to induct Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Sean Waltman in the Hall of Fame as a
group.

Both The Kliq or DX were two groups involving many of those members that has been discussed.

Earlier, PWInsider.com reported there have been discussions in WWE for either The Kliq or DX to be inducted this year into the Hall of Fame.

WZ has learned from sources to expect DX to be inducted and for WWE to recognize Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Sean Waltman, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg at the ceremony.

We're told the DX group is expected to headline the 2013 class.

This would make Shawn Michaels the second two time hall of famer behind Ric Flair who was inducted both by himself and with the Four Horsemen.

Well, it’s about time!! I’m glad the WWE is possibly inducting D-Generation X into the WWE Hall Of Fame. Of course, with everything else the WWE has done in the past, I do have a few things I’d like to change.

I would have rather had the Kliq go in first, the New World Order second, and then D-Generation X third, but that’s just a personal preference.

It says the WWE HOF will recognize Shawn Michaels, Triple H, X-Pac, Road Dogg, and Mr. @$$. That’s fine, but I want all of DX inducted, just like I wanted all 16 Horsemen inducted when they took their rightful place as the first Stable in the Hall Of Fame. Chyna and Rick Rude both deserve to be inducted into the Hall Of Fame on their own, and they sure as hell deserve to be inducted with DX. Including Tori, I guess, is like me saying Paul Roma should be included in the Horsemen induction, not a major player on the Team, but on the team nevertheless.

With Ric Flair, and soon Shawn Michaels, being inducted into the Hall Of Fame twice, does this ensure us that Ric Flair and Triple H will be inducted 3 times each?? You have to believe Evolution will be inducted eventually, at least after the New World Order. Better yet, will Triple H be inducted 4 times if / when the Kliq is inducted??

It’s still too early, and the card is always subject to change, and anything can happen in the WWE, but if this rumor holds true, then congratulations to D-Generation X!!

It's all part of the plan. Hunter gets inducts with the Kliq, then DX, then evolution then on his own. The Hunter can be a 4 time hall of famer while those losers like Flair and HBK only got in 3 times. Then the wwe can proclaim Triple H is the greatest of all time.

almost forgot The Corporate Ministry then it would be 5 time HOF lol.

so with the talk of WWE starting to induct stables as a whole into the WWE HOF, how would you feel with them being inducted?

Someone mentioned them to me as a possible group going in or simply the "hart family" The first question would be who would you induct in as the stable? To me Hart Foundation is Bret and Anvil. Yes I know there was a brief time when the whole hart family was called the hart foundation during the war with Austin in 97 but to me that is the hart family, not the hart foundation. To me a stable should be inducted either when you can't justify inducting the members individually or when they won't be inducted without the group. I still say the Horsemen induction was nothing more than a ploy to get Flair back on WWE TV as I felt the other members were deserving of their own individual inductions.

My issue with the Hart Family inducted as a whole is the only ones not already in the hall of fame deserve their own personal induction. I'd much rather see Owen inducted individually than get lost in the shuffle of a stable induction. Same holds true for Bulldog and Anvil. As or the rest of the Hart Family not already in the HOF (basically everyone but Bret and Stu), I can't justify them being in the HOF at all as every account I've read about them basically makes it come across like they were riding their dad's and brothers coat tails to mediocre success.

I'm fine with DX and all being inducted into the Hall of Fame, but I also think that Mick Foley should be the headliner, in recent years, well actually... for as long as I can remember, please correct me if I'm wrong but the headliner was the first person they revealed for the new Class... which in this case was Foley.

And don't get me wrong, I don't think Foley should headline only for that, I think he truly deserves it, the accolades, not just in WWE but everywhere he went, he's been involved in so much even after his in-ring retirement, he's the most active legend. He's done so much for the company that he deserves going in as the headliner.

And let's not forget what he put his body through week in and week out just to please us, the fans. It's a wonder how he hasn't killed himself, he's done some of the most incredible things, things I think anyone else would be too afraid to, he has my upmost respect.

I know suggesting this will be tantamount to blasphemy to some, but I say in all sincerity that the Brooklyn Brawler should be inducted. I already hear the cries of "jobber," but I feel he's one of those cases like Johnny Rodz. He's been with the company for 30 years, has aided in the training and development of numerous Superstars, and had his share of memorable moments in the ring. I feel it'd be futile for me to try to go further in making a case for him, as I'd likely delve into hyperbole, and a lot of folks would never be convinced. With this year's HOF emanating from Brawler's home turf, he'd be fitting. Moreover, at least in my opinion, he'd be deserving.

What are the chances that Carlos Cabrera and Hugo Savinovich get inducted into the Hall of Fame at some point. Cabrera has been with WWE since 1993, Savinovich was there between 1993 and 2011.

In my opinion the deserve to be. For the Spanish audience they are essentially the voice of the WWE and without them I can't imagine the WWE product would be as popular. JR and King are in the Hall of Fame, why should the Spanish Announce Team?

Well, it’s about time!! I’m glad the WWE is possibly inducting D-Generation X into the WWE Hall Of Fame. Of course, with everything else the WWE has done in the past, I do have a few things I’d like to change.

I would have rather had the Kliq go in first, the New World Order second, and then D-Generation X third, but that’s just a personal preference.

So you want a group of people in the Hall of Fame that have done NOTHING but kill careers and pushes for many people who were trying their damndest to make a living, threw temper tantrums because they didn't get their way, and threaten to walk out on the company if their demands weren't met?

That's like if I became valedictorian of my graduating class because I assaulted the principal until he was crippled. Induct maybe Hunter or Pac, but DO NOT induct the Kliq as a group. It was a backstage group that caused endless nightmares for people. Doing that will be a spit on the Hall of Fame that even the most jaded of marks can see. But, seeing as King Hunter is in charge now, he's just going to do whatever he wants.

As for me, I heard that WWE wants to put Jake Roberts and Scott Hall in the Hall of Fame as a part of their "rehabilitation"

WWE should test their sobriety by having an open bar backstage at the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. I can guarantee you that they'll not only fall off the wagon, they'll tip the whole thing over!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/267629-wwe-issues-press-release-for-sammartinos-hof-induction

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/267621-breaking-major-name-to-be-inducted-into-2013-wwe-hall-of-fame

Here are two articles posted on the main site. What are your thoughts on this? What does that mean fot Triple H's future with the company?

Personaly, it's great to see Bruno inducted. He is the most deserving. Although I never hoped HHH would convince him, he did! Being WWWF Champion for 8 years means a lot. Bruno was someone who trully gave this title the much needed prestige, that it needed in its early days.

It about time Sammartino gets in. It's great he finally agreed to go in. The man held what is now the WWE Championship from May 17 1963 to January 18 1971 and again from December 10 1973 to April 30 1977. You can count on one hand the legends that deserve to be in WWE's HOF as much as Bruno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back