Lanny Poffo HOF Worthy?

The thing is Lanny did more than a lot of Hall Of Famers (like Koko B. Ware and Johnny Rodz).

Not really. Koko B. Ware was a major star in the Memphis territories and was a consistently popular mid-card act in WWF during the 80s & even into the 90s. Johnny Rodz is a respected trainer whose taught well known names like The Dudley Boys, Tommy Dreamer, and Taz.

Poffo's most memorable contribution to wrestling came on 11-25-89 on Saturday Night's Main Event. He scored a win over Hulk Hogan via count out and helped Mr. Perfect destroy the WWF Championship belt with a hammer later in the night.

Poffo has done nothing of note in his career, whether it be as a wrestler, manager, announcer, trainer, etc. to warrant being put into a pro wrestling hall of fame.

That being said, if the only way to get Randy Savage into the WWE HOF is to allow Lanny to ride his coat tails in as well, then I'd accept it. It'd be a small price to pay to have Savage in the HOF and Poffo would have accomplished something in his career, kind of.

There is no doubt in my mind that Lanny Poffo belong in the WWE Hall of Fame, I mean if they are going to put an egomaniacal, underwhelming self-serving hack like Hulk Hogan in the Hall of Fame, then Lanny Poffo beyond the shadow of a doubt deserves to be in, just for this special talent alone that I'll let Lanny explain the following video.

[YOUTUBE]wDJQZPitIoE[/YOUTUBE]

Lanny Poffo said:
"The fact that you know that you cannot, proves that you have tried..."

Lanny's sheer honesty, integrity and well...flexibility and the fact that he's the brother of "Macho Man" Randy Savage, and well he got a count out win over a shill like Hack Hogan says that we have to get nomination papers in place to vote Lanny into the Hall Of Fame for WWE. That's how they do that write, they take out nomination papers and make a vote?

So anyone that's opposed to Lanny not being in the HOF, can go kiss a fart. In fact, it has been purported that Randy Savage himself would never go into the WWE HOF unless his brother and father got in, and of course we know how important family is to Mach, remember his father got into the WCW Hall Of Fame in 1995, supposedly at Randy's insistence.

Anyway, that's my two cents...anyone who doesn't want Lanny in, is a hater.

I don't see why he isn't HoF worthy when Koko B Ware is in there. I say put them in as a family and be done with it

He belongs in the Jobber Hall of fame, along with Iron Mike Sharpe, Barry Horowitz and SD Jones.

It should just be Randy Savage that is inducted into the Hall of Fame by himself. Hes was a top face in the WWE in 80s and 90s and in WCW in his later career. Lanny Poffo is just trying to ride his coat tails to the Hall of Fame. Just because you came from a famous wrestling family doesnt make you eligible. If they inducted all of them at once Macho Man would completely over shadow Lanny and there father.

Spent more time as a top heel and was more interesting in that role then he was as a face. Lanny doesn't deserve HOF as an individual, but as a part of the POFFO family and the influence they have had overall, I could let him in that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back