Unofficial Randy Savage 'n' family HQ

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
Randy Savage was one of the biggest wrestling stars of the 1980s, but he was not the only member of his family to be in the wrestling business. I don't anticipate that either of the other two Poffo family members made the tournament, but if they do, they are more than worthy of support.

Macho Man Randy Savage

Randy Savage is one of the most sucessful wrestlers of all time. He was popular, could cut a mean promo and he was good in the ring too. Savage held the WWF title for a year during the peak of Hulkamania, and like Hogan, he was able to be incredibly over as both a heel and a face during his career.

The one thing that Savage emphatically had over Hogan was his in ring ability, and Savage should appeal to those who criticise Hogan's limited move set. However, like Hogan, his immense popularity should mean that he appeals to Hogan's fans too.

Savage won 6 world titles, 4 in WCW and 2 in WWF, as well as having a lengthy Intercontinentl reign and winning the first World War 3 match in WCW. Savage has something for everyone, and is my pick to win the tournament.

Leaping Lanny Poffo/ The Genius

His brother Lanny is probably best remembered as The Genius, a heelish know it all, who later managed the Beverly Brothers. The Genius was an entertaining and original character and even managed to beat Hogan by countout, although admittedly after Mr. Perfect interfered.

However, it is his career before this that makes him interesting. As Leaping Lanny Poffo the Wrestling Poet, he was over as a face jobber to the stars. In this capacity, he was one of the first people to utilise the moonsault in North America, and was a pioneer of high flying wrestling in the WWF several years before people like Owen Hart.

Following that, he went to WCW, where he either managed to Winston Bogarde his way through his contract for four years, or was the man inside Wild Cat Willie. Either way, it is a unique feat.

Angelo Poffo

The father of the family was a wrestler in the 1940s, wrestling as the Masked Miser. He continued into the 70s and 80s and held numerous Tag Team titles with people including his son Lanny, and Nikolai Volkoff.

He later founded International Championship Wrestling, whose alumni include Bob Orton, Mr Wrestling I and One Man Gang.

He is one of only 17 people that made it into the WCW Hall of Fame before it ceased inducting people.

What's more, he held the situp world record for several years managing over 6,000 in one sitting.

So, in the upcoming tournament vote for all the Poffo's you can.

I'll be voting for Randy throughout the tournament. Though it'll be tough for me to decide if he ends up facing Sting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back