*MERGED* Undertaker's POTENTIAL Wrestlemania Opponents Thread

Well they have 6 week's to build it up, that could definatley be enough time. Expecially with the story already set in place, Triple H trying to get revenge on Undertaker for retiring his best freind Shawn michaels.

Just wait and see what happens people, you got to admit this match will sell A LOT more ticket's than Undertaker vs Wade barret.

If he does go against HHH again, it will be his third rematch after Kane and Shawn Michaels. And rematch is always risky. While the rematch with Shawn Michaels was a class, the match was Kane was a mockery to their legendary match at Wrestlemania 14. Until today, I still believe The Undertaker really should have faced someone else at Wrestlemania 20 like The Rock, Jericho, Vince himself, Foley, Lesnar, or even Goldberg instead of redoing an epic fail with Kane.

As of now, Undertaker is 18-0 with only defeating 17 names. Out of those 17 names, 5 don't belong in The Streak and was pushed only because Vince fell in love with them due to their size. Of course, I'm referring to Giant Gonzales, King Kong Bundy, Big Boss Man, A-Train, and Mark Henry. All in all, that makes only 12 credible names on The Streak. And surely adding HHH again will only move the number, not the names he's been defeated.

19-0 by defeating 12 credible names only sounds weird to me. And personally, I don't see retiring HHH as a big deal. He's not even on the same level with HBK or Taker (although I'm sure HHH feels he is).

And I find this match to be a cheap way of avoiding yet Taker vs Cena again for an unknown reason. Six weeks are barely enough to keep a classic retirement match. Just look at JBL vs Rey at WM 25.

Austin's retirement match with Rock at WM 19 has years of history within it.
Hogan and Vince real life feud culminated at WM 19 was HUGE.
HBK and Taker last year got months (or need I say a decade?) of build up.

I'm not going to mention Flair because he wrestled again in TNA after WM 24, so calling him 'retired' is an insult to people who actually retired.

The difference with HBK/Taker is, HHH/Taker last met ten years ago not one year ago. And six weeks of build up in this kind of storyline with the current IQ of the WWE creative team feels rushed and cheap in my book. I might change my mind, but this is how I fell ATM.

In all honesty, I'm more interested on seeing Vince revealing himself as the one who ordered Nexus to attack Taker and then goes against Taker at WM 27. He's a fresh name a very credible opponent.

Besides, then what is going to happen to Sheamus? I mean, he sh*t himself in every promo he's in on how he retired HHH, he won the WWE title again,and he even won King of The Ring....only to have HHH completely ignore him?!

I actually like this. I don't think HHH will win, but I wouldn't like to see Barret against Taker. Not that I don't like Barret, but I don't think he is such a big star to go against Taker at this point in his career. Yes, I do mean that I want to see a big star facing Taker at Mania not some guy who had been there for a damn year.

I also don't think they are running out of ideas. I think if they wanted to they could get Cena vs Taker on the card, but they are saving that for later. I think they want to build it so huge that it will be Taker's last match. I also think they are saving it for Taker's number 20 win or match at wrestlemania.

Overall, I think this will make for an interesting program. I don't think they will be able to keep HHH face, but it would be cool to see face vs face. I prefer this than a Taker vs Barret or Taker vs Kane match.

If you wanna talk about tradition and torches being past, the person who faces Taker at WM doesnt necessarily have to win the match. I mean HBK didnt have to win the ladder match with Razor Ramon at WM to be held in high regard afterwards. People dont even talk about who wun that match, but they do talk about Shawns performance and thats what i think it needs to be focused on. Like somewun else said earlier, take this report with a grain of salt because wwe is always changing things.

I personally think that the streak shouldnt be broken. If anything, should taker ever face a new comer than i think taker should still win, but if the new comer is gonna be worth anything anyways i think he should put on a spectacular performance. That way he gets over anyway, and taker's legacy at WM stays in tacked.

Ten years later n there doing the same match, good to c wwe moving on n doing new things Hahahaha WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!

Austin and Rock faced each other 3 times...

People don't remember that they have NOT faced each other one on one in over 10 years. Just like Undertaker and HBK didn't face each other in 11 years leading into WM 25.

Who cares if it's a rematch? Different story line, different gimmick for Undertaker, could be HHH's last match if he loses.

No matter what WWE does for the main events people here will say it's stupid and sucks.

When it was said Taker would face Barrett, people didn't like it either. Or Taker/Kane.

If he does go against HHH again, it will be his third rematch after Kane and Shawn Michaels. And rematch is always risky. While the rematch with Shawn Michaels was a class, the match was Kane was a mockery to their legendary match at Wrestlemania 14. Until today, I still believe The Undertaker really should have faced someone else at Wrestlemania 20 like The Rock, Jericho, Vince himself, Foley, Lesnar, or even Goldberg instead of redoing an epic fail with Kane.

As of now, Undertaker is 18-0 with only defeating 17 names. Out of those 17 names, 5 don't belong in The Streak and was pushed only because Vince fell in love with them due to their size. Of course, I'm referring to Giant Gonzales, King Kong Bundy, Big Boss Man, A-Train, and Mark Henry. All in all, that makes only 12 credible names on The Streak. And surely adding HHH again will only move the number, not the names he's been defeated.

In all honesty, I'm more interested on seeing Vince revealing himself as the one who ordered Nexus to attack Taker and then goes against Taker at WM 27. He's a fresh name a very credible opponent.

Besides, then what is going to happen to Sheamus? I mean, he sh*t himself in every promo he's in on how he retired HHH, he won the WWE title again,and he even won King of The Ring....only to have HHH completely ignore him?!

In terms of Kayfabe, those names matter. Which it does. Because in real life, the streak doesn't mean a damn thing.

Who would by WM to see Undertaker beat up Vince? Last year we saw Bret Hart and his family beat up Vince. People shat on that match (which was wrong to do due to Bret's condition)

They obviously aren't dumb enough to ignore the Sheamus thing so maybe he'll play apart somehow.

And I don't know how Undertaker would face any of those guys at WM 20 when they all had their own thing going at the time. Plus Kane was the one who buried him.

I feel what the writer is saying. What's going to lead up to this Taker, HHH Mania match in only a few weeks. What about the unfinished business with Kane; but not at Mania. Just have Taker put Kane on the shelf. Or what about Nexus? "What about Sting?" Please not Trips, and I agree with the writer: Trips' not on the level of Rock, Stone Cold, Hogan, "Cena", Michaels, and a few other greats. Trips good. Don't get me wrong. But not that good. As far as retiring HHH, we've seen one dramatic send off at the hands of the Undertaker. Why rerun?

I'd like to see Sting get a send off with the WWE. I'd like to see Sting face the Undertaker at Mania. Another thing I'd like to see is Sting come to the WWE as a heel, yet having devotion to his true fans, his Stingers. As for the Mania match, I'd like to see Sting pull a Bella Twins on Taker, defeating Taker, ending Taker's Streak. By Bella Twins, I mean have a Sting impersonator hiding under the ring not known to the ref. It'll be controversy. Controversy makes cash. (Michael Cole sounds like Squidword.)

I do not think the streak should be broken. It gives people a reason to continue to talk about the legacy of Undertaker for many years. Also, similarly to what WunNightStan619 said about the ladder match between Razor/HBK, you don't hear much who won the Undertaker/Mankind HIAC match at the King of the Ring, all you ever hear about is the bumps Mankind took with the fall off the side of the cell into the announce table. I would much rather focus on 1 point of what makes WM great, and that is the fact that nobody beats Undertaker there, similarly to that fall in HIAC, and how great it was, and nobody can ever top it.

This obviously shows the stupidity of vince mcmahon believing barrett vs taker is gonna draw for mania. Mcmahon should have realized in the beginning that this year mania totally lacks star power and money match. He understood and scraped the hhh vs shamemus, which nobody cares anyway. Now, wwe got 6 weeks of buildup to this match.

I really dont believe hhh will retire somehow given the fact the star power density of main eventers is so low. Vince needs hhh to elevate the young guys as part of the youth movement thing. Cena, orton, edge, and taker are not enough to elevate the young guys.

Personally I hate the idea with Shawn we coudl potentially see him pull it off HHH I dont get it. Plus the fact is that HHH should retire but be able to come back for a fued or two bsdies I felt HHH would be a great person to help get a Shemaus, Alberto or even Drew over before he left

According to sources, the Barrett/Taker match has been scrapped and their developing some other big time match for Taker. Imo, just give us our Cena/Undertaker match. Let Miz face Aaron Rodgers (he challenged him after all and plus wouldn't be the first time a football player wrestled. They get hit and bashed for real on the field so this is nothing. If anything I would be worried for the Miz) or Sheamus (Celtic King vs Mr. Awesome, who wouldn't want to see that!?). Just give us fans what we want. The biggest face vs face WM showdown since Hogan/Ultimate Warrior (remember how much money that showdown made).

Garantee you, book John Cena vs Undertaker for WM27 and watch the tickets sales increase and pay per view buys sky rocket.

So the Undertaker just forgets about Kane and Nexus then? And I suppose HHH just forgets about Sheamus?
This is desperation booking by the WWE because they've not managed to arrange something properly for Wrestlemania. If it happens, expect HBK to screw HHH. I remember Shawn saying something about them "Telling each other when it's time to retire"

If this is indeed going to happen, well there's a couple of holes about the Taker/Barrett storyline as well the HHH/Seamus one. Obviously the E knows how to end storylines quickly on free TV, so it's not such a big issue.

However, my biggest problem would be if it's "career vs streak" cause we all know HHH will lose. But HHH was basically out since march of last year and only bring him back to be retired? This is only speculation obviosuly yet it is more tempting to see HHH/Taker rather than Taker/Barrett.

I would take the report with a grain of salt...I don't see them being able to build up Triple H vs Undertaker with less than 2 months worth of build. Would he return only to retire again so soon? I don't really think so...plus he has a beef with Sheamus to settle.

But I agree with you. It helps everyone involved if someone about to retire jobs to a rising star. It can make them. You mentioned Triple H? He wouldn't have gotten nearly as over if it weren't for his feud with Mick Foley. He's a decent wrestler on his own, but yes, it was MUCH better for him to finally get a major win and heel heat by retiring a fan favorite.

WWE in general doesn't seem to like to put young guys over convincingly anymore. In the writers' minds, only top guys can beat top guys. I really lament this.

Shawn put over Miz twice and clean just a month before retiring so yes he did put someone over on his way out and the Undertaker rematch was a nice touch, wrestling has very few fairytail like endings and Shawn from 2002-10 put over a great deal of people he necessarily didn't need to, he was the first one of the main eventers to put over Orton back in 2003.

Undertakers undefeated streak @ Mania it's needed big time, from a long time fan their is two things in wrestling I believed were real and should happen, Bret Hart's return and Undertaker staying undefeated @ Mania, and one happened and the other is currently on going.

Undertaker doesn't need to loss at mania, he can put ANYONE over on another PPV and it wouldn't hurt his legacy, but WrestleMania and his quality of matches is a testiment to him, when people think of the Undertaker they don't think of his multiple tag title runs, or his hardcore title run (thou it was fun) or his world title runs, some were memorible some weren't but you as a wrestling fan will ALWAYS remember him for being undefeated at WrestleMania, hell Edge was 6-0 at Mania and when WWE realized they've had him loss at every Mania since, (23, 24, 25 and 26) thou one was MITB and Big show was pinned in the triple threat, he's only losses are to Undertaker and Jericho and their is no shame in either.

No one else will replicate or even come close to making 18-0 or even 5-0 in fairness without WWE ending their streak and with most guys being put in the MITB they take away their 0 before they get started.

Undertaker vs. HHH is about the best option they have business wise. Wrestlemania sells loads more than other ppvs because yes it is over hyped but also this is the one ppv people who normally don`t buy or even watch the other ppvs tune in. Many of those people are fans who got disinterested into the product but still tune in for WM because there is that one match on the card that reminds them why they love the business...WM always have an old school feeling, specially when it comes to Taker. John cena vs The Miz is not going to get those people to buy the ppv...say what you want about the fact that they are their prime etc...they are never going to sell wm like the previous one. Last 2 wrestlemania had Taker vs. Michaels as the center of the show. Fact, minus the Taker match, the expected card will do horrible for wwe, it is difficult to hype those matches. So yes, Undertaker will be the focal point of wrestlemania and a match vs. HHH will be what will sell wrestlemania. Will the match be good? I am not so sure, two guys who has been out of action for a while and not really at their prime, I expect nothing like their match in 2001. But business wise, that`s about the best decision they can take, none of the other expected matches will sell the ppv.

The thing with Sheamus. Triple H can come back, teach him a lesson on Raw. Plain and simple. Then he can say he has bigger fish to fry and target the Undertaker. Sheamus isnt a factor in all this, sure he put him out of action but Trips already beat him last year.
A good old fashioned beatdown will be suffice...kind of a sub plot. Maybe have Trips and Sheamus main event a Raw to settle the score.

A good way of building Trips return. I see this happening.

So the Undertaker just forgets about Kane and Nexus then? And I suppose HHH just forgets about Sheamus?
This is desperation booking by the WWE because they've not managed to arrange something properly for Wrestlemania. If it happens, expect HBK to screw HHH. I remember Shawn saying something about them "Telling each other when it's time to retire"

You are only right about one thing - this is desperation booking.

However, this is the right match and it should have been planned directly after HBK's career ended. It was the PERFECT set up for WM 27. What a better story than a guy looking for revenge for his buddy. This is the easiest story to write and by far the most believable. You get two legends in the ring. Two legends that can headline the show. Two legends that almost stole the show at the best PPV ever to happen (WM17), if it wasn't for an epic Rock/Austin showdown. This is what WM is all about. It wasn't the smartest writing, but it got us what we needed.

On the flip side, the WWE axed Cena/Punk, Taker/Kane/Nexus, and HHH/Sheamus all for WM. That wasn't smart booking from day 1. They ran themselves into a dead-end and now have to act like nothing happened. Not cool. That was Creative's fault in the very beginning. These feuds aren't all WM worthy and can be held afterward, but we didn't need to bring it this way.

Also, fuck anyone who acts like a baby when it comes to HHH/Taker (not directed towards the person I quoted). Go watch their WM 17 match and tell me these two aren't legends inside the ring as well as outside. HHH/Taker is one of the few real matches left for Taker. Next year should be Cena/Taker. We aren't going to get Sting so quit bitching about it. This is by far the best bet and it's not even close. Taker/Kane would have sucked and the internet fan base would have been pissed off. Taker/Barrett isn't a good enough match for the streak.

You are only right about one thing - this is desperation booking.

And also a cheap way of having a match. If Taker wins, he goes 19-0 only be defeating 17 men and that's lame. 5 out of those 17 names are total misfits (I'm talking about Gonzales, Bundy, Boss Man, A-Train, and Henry), that means only 12 credible names out of 19-0. Somehow, I got the feeling The Streak would look like a joke if this match happens. And this is my only concern about the match.

All in all, I don't hate the match-up. But I dislike the impact it will have on The Streak.

However, this is the right match and it should have been planned directly after HBK's career ended. It was the PERFECT set up for WM 27. What a better story than a guy looking for revenge for his buddy. This is the easiest story to write and by far the most believable. You get two legends in the ring. Two legends that can headline the show. Two legends that almost stole the show at the best PPV ever to happen (WM17), if it wasn't for an epic Rock/Austin showdown. This is what WM is all about. It wasn't the smartest writing, but it got us what we needed.

I wouldn't call HHH/Taker inferior to Rock/Austin wrestling wise. Personally, I'm no fan of rematches because they will add zero credibility to The Streak and it's hard to outdo the first match (like what happened to Kane and HBK). But this match may be the huge draw WWE need for Wrestlemania 27, seeing how they still got like 20,000 tickets available less than 2 months into the event...which pretty much tells us Taker vs Wade & Miz vs Cena aren't doing much of a draw (no surprise).

If WWE play their card right, this match could be build like Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 25 where Taker & HBK first met again after 11 years. HHH is a legend now unlike 10 years ago, so with the right build up this can be another once in a lifetime experience IMO. And HHH is in a dire need of another Wrestlemania classic. I mean come on, the last time he got a WM classic was at WM 20. That was ages ago when dinosaurs were still roaming around.

With the right in-ring psychology, Taker/HHH can give Taker/HBK a run for the best Wrestlemania match ever status.

I just hope HBK refuse to participate as ref because his presence would be too distracting and may hurt the match's overall quality, just like he did to Bret vs Taker at Summerslam 1997 and Rock vs HHH at Judgment Day 2000.

Taker vs HHH is cheap enough way to a desperate buyrate, adding HBK is insulting. It's as if Taker/HHH isn't a big enough draw on their own.

On the flip side, the WWE axed Cena/Punk, Taker/Kane/Nexus, and HHH/Sheamus all for WM. That wasn't smart booking from day 1. They ran themselves into a dead-end and now have to act like nothing happened. Not cool. That was Creative's fault in the very beginning. These feuds aren't all WM worthy and can be held afterward, but we didn't need to bring it this way.

Couldn't have said it better.

Also, fuck anyone who acts like a baby when it comes to HHH/Taker (not directed towards the person I quoted). Go watch their WM 17 match and tell me these two aren't legends inside the ring as well as outside. HHH/Taker is one of the few real matches left for Taker.

HHH/Taker are always gold. Not only their match WM 17 (which was a classic) but also their match at Insurextion 2002 (WWF's last match ever) and King of The Ring 2002. And look how crazy the crowd was when they were the only two men remaining at SD! Elimination Chamber in 2009 . U put that at Wrestlemania, I can only say fasten you seatbelt cause you're in for the ride of a lifetime.

Also Next year should be Cena/Taker. We aren't going to get Sting so quit bitching about it. This is by far the best bet and it's not even close. Taker/Kane would have sucked and the internet fan base would have been pissed off. Taker/Barrett isn't a good enough match for the streak.

At this point, seeing how WWE go so far on avoiding to book Cena vs Taker even if they have to sacrifice HHH's career, I'm starting to believe we will never see Cena vs Taker at any Wrestlemania in this lifetime. I'm sure WWE refused to learn anything from their failed staredown at Royal Rumble 2011, so WWE will either book Cena vs Orton again next year to headline WM 28 or they will try all their might to bring The Rock to HOF as well as 1 last match against Cena.

As for Taker....I can only see his match being with Jericho at WM 28, let's face it if they do Taker vs HHH this year and the match turns out to be as good as I said, there's no way Sheamus, DiBiase Jr, Rhodes, McIntyre, Barrett, Jackson, Miz, Morrison, and any other youngsters are able to folow it. Only Jericho can.

Although since last year Austin expressed an interest on facing Taker at Mania 28 in an interview, I wouldn't be surprised if Vince brings Austin back only to go against The Streak.

Austin would be very awesome to face Taker, I mean the history between them two, only negative thing about this is Austin is in bad shape it would be hard to say if he could headline one more show, in my opinion it looks like Taker vs DX has been wwe biggest feud that's been going the last few years HBK tow years ago, HBK last year, and possibly Triple H this year, if Taker sticks around a bit longer I could see a lot of potential for future plans, imagine if Diesel stuck around another year, or at least a few months for one more match and have Taker vs Diesel either at summer slam or next years wrestlemania, personally summer slam would work better because Diesel i think is in horrible shape to headline a mania match but could you imagine Taker being the one and only man that ends the entire clique, and then to follow this you could have Taker vs Jericho next year if Taker does stick around that long, just my thoughts but could be interesting

Austin would be very awesome to face Taker, I mean the history between them two, only negative thing about this is Austin is in bad shape it would be hard to say if he could headline one more show, in my opinion it looks like Taker vs DX has been wwe biggest feud that's been going the last few years HBK tow years ago, HBK last year, and possibly Triple H this year, if Taker sticks around a bit longer I could see a lot of potential for future plans, imagine if Diesel stuck around another year, or at least a few months for one more match and have Taker vs Diesel either at summer slam or next years wrestlemania, personally summer slam would work better because Diesel i think is in horrible shape to headline a mania match but could you imagine Taker being the one and only man that ends the entire clique, and then to follow this you could have Taker vs Jericho next year if Taker does stick around that long, just my thoughts but could be interesting

He will stick longer than that. Even JR believes Taker can go until WM 30. I really expect Taker to go against Jericho next year, it's been long overdue.

And my only concern regarding Taker vs Austin is same as yours.

I very much agree I mean Taker vs Austin would be great, the streak vs the most popular man from the attitude era, though Austin would have to be top game if he was to do this, and as for Taker being around a few more years, if you don't get Austin there is only really a few big names left after Triple H, Jericho being the top possibility, never been done as far as I know, Cena has been brought up by some people, and if Taker sticks around till Wrestlemania 30 like you said, they need to give him some big names, if you don't have sting or Austin, only person I can see aside from Jericho and Cena is I don't know maybe Orton I mean wwe can pull off things but with a few years left they need to make his last matches big for mania so far I just see Jericho and Cena after this years wrestlemania

only other options I see in the next few years aside from Cena, Jericho, and Orton, would be Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, and yes Sting, but lets face it possibilities of this are highly doughtful and more a dream then reality at this current time and lets face it Hogan is definitely pretty much used up and is in TNA and just needs to quit, sting well as much as id like to see this as anyone else lets face it its not going to happen, of course 3 years time is long but he could be retired by then, and odds just dont look good right now for him to sign with wwe not saying it will never happen but not saying it ever will either, as for macho man and warrior well there personal differences with McMahon kind of blow those ideas off, so like I said I only see Jericho,Cena and maybe even Orton left as top guys to take on the streak, possibly Austin if he shaped up enough for the big match

The Triple H/Undertaker match is obvious desperation after the VKM "dream match" pitting Taker vs Lesnar fell through ... and the fans "dream match" of Taker vs Sting appears to have never been seriously considered. But so what? This is the best possible match we could ask for under the circumstances ... and the story will be easy enough to tell in 6 weeks time while adding to the legacy of what I believe the streak has become.

Now I have a ton of thoughts on what I think the streak is ... and how I think the WWE should use the streak to their advantage in the coming years before Taker eventually hangs up the boots for good.

I'll start by saying that I never cared much for the streak prior to the two HBK matches. I always just viewed it as a fun factoid despite the WWE hyping it up for the better part of a decade. I looked at some of his opponents: A Train, Bossman, Giant G, Bundy, Psycho Sid, Jimmy Snuka, Jake Roberts and Mark Henry, and I was never really impressed by the streak because outside of wrestling Sid for the title at WM 13, none of those matches took center stage - they were really just throw-away matches.

HBK's involvement was really a statement from the WWE to the fans - and that statement spoke volumes as to how much ending the streak means to the guys in the locker room. Perhaps the single-greatest star the WWE ever developed from scratch, a guy who had accomplished everything there was to accomplish in the WWE, HBK became obsessed with ending the streak. It was as if he had no challenges left in the world of wrestling outside defeating Taker at Mania, and he was willing to put his career on the line if he couldn't accomplish that one last thing.

Forever, people on these boards asked the question: "Who should be the one to break the streak?" ... and people always responded that it should be a young guy that the WWE wants to push to the moon. I think the matches with HBK threw that idea out the window. I think the streak from now on needs to pit the Undertaker against a main event talent that has accomplished everything, and who NEEDS to be the one to end the streak to put a bow on his own career.

...In other terms --- The streaks NEEDS to be the focal point of The Undertakers Mania match from now on ... Adding to his own legacy by ending the streak needs to be the main reason the wrestler challenges The Undertaker at WrestleMania. I just won't buy a match pitting Taker against a guy trying to make a name for himself ... or The Taker's match being the blowoff to some petty feud he had with a guy for taking him out.

Triple H is the perfect candidate this year. He has accomplished it all. The only thing really left for him to do is to defeat Taker at Mania ... it's just bonus that he has added incentive to do it this year - To avenge his fallen friend by finishing what he couldn't.

...And if the WWE actually does make this a career-ending match for Triple H, then watch out. Retiring HBK and HHH in consecutive years will only make the streak even more important in the coming years ... easily pushing it ahead of the Title feuds as the top draw to WrestleMania.

This is crazy that Kane/Barrett wouldn't be involved in some type of capacity with the Undertaker upon his return. Undertaker just forgets his little brother dominating him for the first time in his career? Taker forgets how while his little brother was doing this Wade Barrett was conspiring to help Kane take him out???? Seems "CONVENIENT" to say the least but here's how it could play out!

Taker returns. Taker is interrupted by Kane and everyone thinks here we go again. Kane says Taker should've never came back because now Kane is going to have to finish it once and for all. Kane's beaten him in No Holds Barred, Hell In a Cell and Buried Alive matches. He's beaten Taker at all his own trademarks and the only thing left to do is defeat him at Mania.

They are interrupted by Wade Barrett who says not so fast Kane, without my help, you would've never been able to take him out. They are all interrupted by Sheamus. Sheamus gets in the face of Barrett, Kane and Taker and says now that Sheamus is the king and he's ended the career of HHH, he wants to end the streak of the Taker at Mania. Next comes the surprise return of HHH who comes out to go right after Sheamus. HHH takes out Sheamus and Kane and Barrett go after Taker. Taker tries fighting them off, but Kane and Barrett are too much... enter HHH who helps Taker take Kane and Barrett out and when everyone thinks they'll celebrate together, HHH does a kick to the gut and the pedigree.

It all starts there. HHH/Taker. Sure, HHH could also run another match with Sheamus and defeat him in a no dq match or whatever. Sheamus could be pissed that HHH returned and treated him like an afterthought and bumps into Kane, Kane laughs at Sheamus getting beat by HHH. Sheamus says I didn't forget that you accused me of taking out the Undertaker but the difference between us is that I'm not a coward and if I took out the Taker I'd not be hiding pointing the finger. Serious face by Kane... Kane/Sheamus set up for Mania. HHH/Taker set up. As for Barrett, not sure, but I think that works realistically.

HHH could even win some type of match against Sheamus, Barrett, and Kane to win the right to face Taker. And then Taker can have feuds with Kane, Sheamus, Barrett set up for afterwards which maps out the whole year for Taker... this way nothing goes forgotten. I know I've written a lot, but what do you think?

This the first time I have actually sat down and wrote about my feelings towards a Triple H/Undertaker feud at WrestleMania and when I really think about it, I don't think I like the idea.

Firstly however, it must be said that a Triple H /Undertaker feud is probably the biggest thing that the WWE can do with the streak without having to pull out the ace in the hole (John Cena). Triple H is the most credible superstar in the company when he is around and going over him is like finding gold at the end of the rainbow. However, people have done it and it is always something to behold. The Undertaker did it at WrestleMania X-Seven and, more recently, John Cena managed to pull it off too. Those tow matches were absolutely off the hook and having it be revisited ought to be pretty entertaining. However, the thing that annoys me is that Triple H is, supposedly, putting his career on the line against Taker! What the fuck is that all about?

What is more shocking is that no one expects him to win. I am the biggest Triple H mark that you may have the good fortune of meeting and I even know that Triple H is never going to go over The Undertaker if they face off at WrestleMania. He couldn't do it in 2001 and he certainly cannot do it in 2011. Answer me this one question, who honestly believes that any other result that Undertaker beating Triple H is possible? Not fucking me! What annoys me most is that they are basically announcing the retirement of Triple H if they do go ahead and make it Streak vs Career. Let's face it, the WWE can either gain something from it or loss everything.

If The Undertaker wins, then they get to tout the streak for another year before they end up having John Cena face Taker. If they have Triple H win and beat the streak when no one else has been able to manage it, it is only going to give credence to the fucking idiots that say Triple H is only a success because of his marriage to Stephanie McMahon and that is just not a good idea. Triple H would be the most hated man in the history of the WWE and that can only be good if they plan on turning him heel. But then the streak is gone and the Undertaker would likely follow it quite quickly. Depending on the outcome of the match, the WWE is going to lose one superstar, I feel, and that upsets me greatly.

Triple H is walking into career suicide if he takes on Taker and I don't think I would buy it for a fucking second. That being said, if it is not a career vs streak match, then no one is going to want to see it. Taker has already beaten Triple H, as I have said and the WWE are not going to re-hash an angle that has been done just for this event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back