CM Punk's potential matches at Wrestlemania

What would you rather see?

• Punk vs Jericho and Taker vs HHH

• Punk vs HHH and Taker vs Jericho

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do you think that Punk vs Jericho may be a non title match?
Highly doubt it.

Do you think it is a good idea for it to be a non title match?
Not at all. There are already two main event caliber matches which are non-title (Cena-Rock and Undertaker-???). Having all the major stars in non-title matches would really devalue the titles.

Considering that both of them are fore-runners to be the champions after EC, putting them in a non-title match would be a bad idea. Also, if these two were in a non-title match,who would be in the title match? Miz vs Ziggler..Don't think so.

Punk vs. Jericho book it! Totally agree with this. the promos will be unbeleivable the match will be amazing and when either of them walk out of the Chamber will look like they deserve to be Champ at WM.

With the MMA style stuff that Taker brings to matches... a D-Bryan/ Undertaker match would be awesome. Bryan holds his own, loses, Taker goes 20-0 but Bryan now looks legit. Their styles would mesh perfectly in my opinion.

However that Undertaker video watching the wall thingy was too epic to stop Taker vs. HHH now. That was awesome, and I spose that is the way to go now that they've started such an angle.

it has clearly been Punk vs Jericho and Taker vs HHH for Wrestlemania 28. This has been the plan for months. HHH at the Slammys clearly started the movement for the third installment of this feud. Michaels will be involved in this storyline as well, possibly as a guest referee.
As for Punk, Jericho returned solely for the purpose of a four month fued with Punk. Jerichop, as part of his deal, will have a WWE Championship run, expected to happen at Elimination Chamber, showing he is good for his word that he is the best in the world at what he does. Punk as the face challenger will create much more interest than defending at Mania.
Jericho is leaving again in April, this feud will have been and gone after Mania and Punk can then move on to his next challenger.

O.K. First of all let me just say that this is probably just wishful thinking but how awesome would it be? There iwll be so mny one on one matches and I think its time we get a stipulation match for the WWE Championship. We all know they both can do it. They are both very athletic. Jericho is a pioneer in the Ladder match and Punk is a 2 time MITB winner. They could still have the amazing technical wrestling that everone wants to see, but it will also give us those "holy sh**" moments. Its unlikely since they are possibly bringing the MITB back to WM but if they dont.. I want to these two go at it in a ladder match. Everyone remembers HBK and Razor Ramon at WM.

Again... this is more than likely just wishful thinking by me but I for one want to see it.

So what about you? Do you want to see this match a ladder match? If not is there a different stipulation match you want to see or just a regular match?

p.s. The show will be outside so it cant be Steel Cage or Hell in a Cell.

O.K. First of all let me just say that this is probably just wishful thinking but how awesome would it be? There iwll be so mny one on one matches and I think its time we get a stipulation match for the WWE Championship. We all know they both can do it. They are both very athletic. Jericho is a pioneer in the Ladder match and Punk is a 2 time MITB winner. They could still have the amazing technical wrestling that everone wants to see, but it will also give us those "holy sh**" moments. Its unlikely since they are possibly bringing the MITB back to WM but if they dont.. I want to these two go at it in a ladder match. Everyone remembers HBK and Razor Ramon at WM.

Again... this is more than likely just wishful thinking by me but I for one want to see it.

So what about you? Do you want to see this match a ladder match? If not is there a different stipulation match you want to see or just a regular match?

p.s. The show will be outside so it cant be Steel Cage or Hell in a Cell.

You will get Jericho/Punk in a stipulation match @ Extreme Rules. I would bet on it being a Ladder Match.

You are also getting them in a stipulation match tonight. They will both be in the Chamber.

They have to go 1 on 1 in a regular match at Wrestlemania.

I still think there is a LOT of money in Cena vs Taker for 20-0 next year, and I'd have Cena defeat Taker to break the streak

God in heaven no. If someone is going to break the streak it either needs to be a face that is over on the level of Stone Cold, or a heel on the level of Shawn Michaels in Canada using one hell of a heel tactic. It shouldn't be someone who is trying to play face and gets booed out of their own home town. In recent memory the only people I can think of that should of broken the streak was either Orton with his legend killer gimik, or Kurt Angle way back when, although now that Angle went to TNA I'm glad he didn't.

If Orton reverted to his legend killer gimik and got over with it I could see him breaking it. Barring that the only people I can think of right now that should be allowed to end it would either be CM Punk, to solidify him as "best in the world," Cody Rhodes, if he explodes whenever he breaks into the world title picture, or possibly Ziggler if he is able to build up more momentum.

Of this three I would say CM Punk. Nothing would give someone the right to claim they are the best in the world than being able to say they broke The Streak.

I went with other. Look, I get Triple H vs The Undertaker was an awesome match, not as good as Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker from WrestleMania XXV, but really, really good. However, I don't want to see it again because of the following reasons:

1. Shawn did it twice. Triple H can do it twice. Shawn has so many ways of performing in big-match situations, whereas Hunter has nothing more than strength. Therefore, this match would be the same.
2. Shawn "needed" this match. He would do anything possible. Adding the No Disqualification rules helped this. He wrestled a different match. At WrestleMania XXV, he fought 'Taker to beat him, but at WrestleMania XXVI he fought 'Taker to prove something. Different stipulations help, but we saw No Holds Barred last year. Last Man Standing is pretty much the same, isn't it? Instead of a 3 count it's a 10 count.
3. I want Kane vs The Undertaker III.

Kane vs The Undertaker III. I know I just said Shawn and Triple H only need two matches, but this is completely different. Two brothers of the same stature and power. Practically fighting your reflection if your Undertaker. Also, this is a new Kane, a more aggressive, faster, stronger Kane. Not the Kane we saw at WrestleMania XX who wanted to prove Undertaker was weak, and not the Kane we saw at WrestleMania XIV who wanted to get revenge on Undertaker who killed his parents. This I want to see. If this is 'Taker's last WrestleMania match, hell, his last ever match, let the brother who fulfilled the Undertaker's story beat him to the very end. It has to end this way, because if Kane doesn't end the Undertaker, then the Kane/Undertaker saga will never ever be complete.

And I want to see CM Punk vs Chris Jericho. Won't go into detail why, because it is pretty obvious. It will be an awesome match, and it looks as if it will happen now Jericho has an agenda for not losing at Elimination Chamber. The match will more than likely steal the show, but it won't go on last. We know what will.

As for Triple H. I don't know what to do. I have always, always been a Triple H fan, never his biggest fan, but a fan. It just seems, however, since 2009, I haven't really cared for Triple H. No offense to him, but I'm not bothered whether or not he is at WrestleMania. Nothing for him. If he wants to really be that next McMahon figure, he has to let it go. He must realise what he said in the promo on Raw with Shawn, it will be his business, and he needs to let go of what he has done in the ring, and undertake what he now controls outside of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back