*MERGED* Undertaker's POTENTIAL Wrestlemania Opponents Thread

I agree with Ace of Knaves's analysis. It seems like Undertaker vs. Mr. McMahon COULD happen. HBK will be the special ref but of course in the end, he'll superkick Mr. McMahon, allowing Taker to hit the tombstone.

I also think there's a chance it could end up being Cena. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Sheamus wins the Elimination Chamber then Triple H returns so it's Sheamus vs. Triple H vs. The Miz for the belt at Mania.

That would free up Cena to fight the Undertaker.

IMO, The only possible opponent at this point is….VINCE MCMAHON himself. Why?

1. Barrett is out, that means Corre and Ezekiel Jackson are also out. Since WWE mentioned big time Wrestlemania match, I think we can all agree a match against Jackson will be another one of the worst like a match against Giant Gonzales, Bundy, Henry, Boss Man, or A-Train.
2. Sting & Lesnar are a no no ATM.
3. Jericho won’t return until after April.
4. HHH will be busy with Sheamus.
5. Punk will be busy with Orton.
6. WWE doesn’t have the balls to ever book Cena vs Taker at Wrestlemania. And Cena’s more than likely to go against Miz.
7. A match with mid-carder like Swagger, McIntrye, or any mid-carder at this point is far from big time status. Giant Gonzales, King Kong Bundy, Big Boss Man, A-Train and Mark Henry proved that at Wrestlemania 9, 11, 15, 19, and 22.
8. A match with Diesel has been done before at WM 12 in an overlooked classic, and Diesel will probably face Big Show.
9. Booker T is retired.
10. Another match with Kane is despised even by Vince McMahon himself because the last Taker vs Kane turned out to a lackluster feud and the crowd seemed to be dead during all their last 3 matches.

So, I think it’s going to be Vince himself. HBK will participate as the special referee to add the possibility of him costing The Undertaker The Streak. Too bad if I may say, Taker vs Vince has the potential to be as good as Hogan vs Vince (WM 19) which was a memorable character battle. HBK’s presence will only ruin the whole atmosphere of the match.

But if Jericho can return in time for WM 27, then Taker vs Jericho will rock the world.

While I think that this is not the worst idea in the world, i doubt that it will happen. When was the last time Vince stepped into the squared circle? And if he does not have any ring rust, with just 6 weeks of build, its no way enough for them to build a clash between these 2 a must watch.

They can reveal Vince as the reason behind The Nexus burying Taker and have The Corre backing him up. However, it will be very Corporation like. And while its not a bad thing, it is virtually impossible for them to do that in a mere 6 weeks. Taker vs Vince is not a must watch and WWE won't go down that direction

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it seems that The Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett idea has been scrapped. With Sting not having signed the deal and Brock Lesnar not having persmission from the UFC, the only thing really being considered right now is Triple H.

Triple H is scheduled to return about anytime and seems that the idea is to somehow have Shawn Michaels involved in the match, probably in the capacity as a special referee.

I like the idea better than Wade Barrett quite frankly. It's a story that could be easily set up with Triple H taking the position that he's stewed for a year about the fact that The Undertaker ended HBK's career and intends to challenge him to avenge his best friend to but break the streak. HBK's invovlement as a ref could lead fans to speculate as to whether or not HBK will call it down the middle of will wind up screwing Taker out of the victory, thus ultimately playing at least some role in ending his streak.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it seems that The Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett idea has been scrapped. With Sting not having signed the deal and Brock Lesnar not having persmission from the UFC, the only thing really being considered right now is Triple H.

Triple H is scheduled to return about anytime and seems that the idea is to somehow have Shawn Michaels involved in the match, probably in the capacity as a special referee.

I like the idea better than Wade Barrett quite frankly. It's a story that could be easily set up with Triple H taking the position that he's stewed for a year about the fact that The Undertaker ended HBK's career and intends to challenge him to avenge his best friend to but break the streak. HBK's invovlement as a ref could lead fans to speculate as to whether or not HBK will call it down the middle of will wind up screwing Taker out of the victory, thus ultimately playing at least some role in ending his streak.

Sorry dude, as much as that's a lovable idea, then what about Sheamus? He's been crapping himself about how he ended HHH's career....only to have HHH ignoring him and going against Taker? So sorry, but the circumstance is really unlikely. If only HHH returned last month and settled the bout with Gaymus at EC, then I'm all for it. But right now? Hm, non-non!

I agree with Ace of Knaves's analysis. It seems like Undertaker vs. Mr. McMahon COULD happen. HBK will be the special ref but of course in the end, he'll superkick Mr. McMahon, allowing Taker to hit the tombstone.

If Vince vs Taker happens, I expect HBK to be behind Taker’s back although the storyline might have Vince reminding him “He ended your career, why don’t you do the same to him? Keep that in mind”. This is WWE, so it’s all about drama (LOL).

I expect WWE will show how HBK might be thinking about it, but decided not to betray his pride and his words. And I also expect Nexus or Corre will interfere mid-way during the match only to be cleaned out of the house by HBK & Taker. And then we're going to see HBK giving Vince an SCM before Taker gives him a Tombstone, going 19-0. And then the two legends celebrate. We all go home happy.

I also think there's a chance it could end up being Cena. It's not out of the realm of possibility that Sheamus wins the Elimination Chamber then Triple H returns so it's Sheamus vs. Triple H vs. The Miz for the belt at Mania.

That would free up Cena to fight the Undertaker.

At this point, I'm starting to think WWE REALLY doesn't have the balls to book Undertaker vs John Cena at Wrestlemania AT ALL.

While I think that this is not the worst idea in the world, i doubt that it will happen. When was the last time Vince stepped into the squared circle? And if he does not have any ring rust, with just 6 weeks of build, its no way enough for them to build a clash between these 2 a must watch.

They can reveal Vince as the reason behind The Nexus burying Taker and have The Corre backing him up. However, it will be very Corporation like. And while its not a bad thing, it is virtually impossible for them to do that in a mere 6 weeks. Taker vs Vince is not a must watch and WWE won't go down that direction

U need to note that Vince, with all his status and accomplishments, is far far far far more credible opponent than Barrett, Corre, and the entire mid-card level superstars in WWE. Adding him to The Streak won’t hurt, unlike adding zero talents like Gonzales, Bundy, Boss Man, Henry, and A-Train.

And what's wrong with 6 weeks? Didn't Vince vs Hogan at WM 19 build roughly within the same time line? And if we count the attack at Bragging Rights, then the match has been built for approximately 5 months.

And with Vince's status as a legendary heel boss and chairman of the co and all, how could u say this match is not a must watch? Didn't Vince put a Wrestlemania classic with Hulk Hogan at WM 19? What hinders him to do the same with The Undertaker? I admit his match with Michaels at WM 22 was pretty overrated, but hey, that doesn't mean his possible match with Taker would be bad.

Any Wrestlemania match with Vince, whether we like it or not, IS a big time match:

1. Shane vs Vince at WM 17 was big time.
2. Hogan vs Vince at WM 19 was big time (and a pretty kick a** match, if I may add).
3. HBK vs Vince at WM 22 was big time (although I consider the match to be pretty overrated. Really, Edge vs Foley should have won 2006 MOTY).
4. Bret vs Vince at WM 26 was big time (although it turned out to be the second worst Wrestlemania match of all time right after Lesnar vs Goldberg at Wrestlemania 20, which is eternally the first).

So yes, Taker vs Vince would be big time. Bigger than Taker vs Jericho or Taker vs Sting? Hell no. But big time nonetheless.

U need to note that Vince, with all his status and accomplishments, is far far far far more credible opponent than Barrett, Corre, and the entire mid-card level superstars in WWE. Adding him to The Streak won’t hurt, unlike adding zero talents like Gonzales, Bundy, Boss Man, Henry, and A-Train.

And what's wrong with 6 weeks? Didn't Vince vs Hogan at WM 19 build roughly within the same time line? And if we count the attack at Bragging Rights, then the match has been built for approximately 5 months.

And with Vince's status as a legendary heel boss and chairman of the co and all, how could u say this match is not a must watch? Didn't Vince put a Wrestlemania classic with Hulk Hogan at WM 19? What hinders him to do the same with The Undertaker? I admit his match with Michaels at WM 22 was pretty overrated, but hey, that doesn't mean his possible match with Taker would be bad.

Any Wrestlemania match with Vince, whether we like it or not, IS a big time match:

2. Hogan vs Vince at WM 19 was big time (and a pretty kick a** match, if I may add).
3. HBK vs Vince at WM 22 was big time (although I consider the match to be pretty overrated. Really, Edge vs Foley should have won 2006 MOTY).
4. Bret vs Vince at WM 26 was big time (although it turned out to be the second worst Wrestlemania match of all time right after Lesnar vs Goldberg at Wrestlemania 20, which is eternally the first).

So yes, Taker vs Vince would be big time. Bigger than Taker vs Jericho or Taker vs Sting? Hell no. But big time nonetheless.

I agree I think it would be so simple to hype up the match in such a short period of time.

Vince can play up "I made you" type of storyline saying that he faciliated the Undertaker's rise and legendary career. He can use that angle to say that is why he's the only one that can beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Plus he can play on the Mr. McMahon character's ego saying he's the greatest superstar in the WWE and all of professional wrestling so that's why the streak hasn't been broken, because he hasn't fought taker at Wrestlemania.

They can also have some kind of angle to the storyline where Vince handpicks the guest ref and of course it's HBK and then he tells HBK that if HBK doesn't make sure vince wins, vince will kick HBK out of the WWE Hall of Fame.

The more I think about it, the more this seems like the best way to go, if they can't get Sting.

I agree I think it would be so simple to hype up the match in such a short period of time.

Vince can play up "I made you" type of storyline saying that he faciliated the Undertaker's rise and legendary career. He can use that angle to say that is why he's the only one that can beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Plus he can play on the Mr. McMahon character's ego saying he's the greatest superstar in the WWE and all of professional wrestling so that's why the streak hasn't been broken, because he hasn't fought taker at Wrestlemania.

They can also have some kind of angle to the storyline where Vince handpicks the guest ref and of course it's HBK and then he tells HBK that if HBK doesn't make sure vince wins, vince will kick HBK out of the WWE Hall of Fame.

The more I think about it, the more this seems like the best way to go, if they can't get Sting.

Yeah, I agree with ya there, although I think Vince won't use the HOF part as a bait to HBK. I'm more inclined to think Vince will constantly remind HBK how Taker ended his career, that sounds more threatening than HOF, really. And I believe the match will be a No DQ to allow the interference by Nexus or Corre.

As for the reason why he wanted Taker to be buried last year, anything would do. Heck, even the reasons u stated would do.

The sole reason why I don't see Taker vs HHH is simple: Sheamus. It would be dumb for HHH to completely ignore him after a year claiming he ended HHH's career. That's it.

And yes, either Taker vs Vince or Taker vs Jericho would be cool if they can't get Sting. Well, cooler than rematches or lame matches anyway.

If Taker v Barratt has been scrapped, I'm voting for Taker v Kane at WM.

Surely there is unfinished business from their buried alive match last year, and creating a big build up with something that has a few weeks to create wouldn't really work.

If Taker v Barratt has been scrapped, I'm voting for Taker v Kane at WM.

Surely there is unfinished business from their buried alive match last year, and creating a big build up with something that has a few weeks to create wouldn't really work.

It has been mentioned last year by Vince McMahon himself, Kane vs Taker part 3 at WM 27 is a big no no because their last three matches have been lackluster and the crowd didn't seem into it (especially during their HIAC match). Repeating the boring match-up again won't be big time or big draw for sure. It pains me to say this, but ever since Taker vs Kane at WM 20, the feud has totally lost its magic, unlike during their legendary confrontation at WM 14 and Unforgiven 1998 where the whole stadium was really into it. I agree with anyone saying repeating this match for the third time at any Mania is stupid and pointless, because it is.

I'm still thinking Taker vs Vince. But if Jericho can return in time, I have no doubt in my mind WWE will reveal him as the true leader of Nexus and book Jericho vs Taker at Mania 27.

Well, to be fair... I thought the Undertaker/Kane feud was GREAT... the matches themselves, ehhhhh lol.

The actual feud was great though, arguably their best in terms of the storyline and the execution (minus their first feud). I thought how good the feud was, and especially how good Kane and Taker played off one another helped to stretch it out so long because it certainly wasn't stretched out on the merit of the wrestling.

But that being said, it's almost unfair to say fans weren't into it. They constantly had the best reactions on Smackdown! for months. Agreed the Hell in a Cell received a lackluster reaction, but really, did you expect otherwise? I thought fans were asleep during the entire PPV (minus Cena/Barret) and much like myself, I'm sure fans were disappointed when it was very quickly apparent that this legendary showdown that we've all waited for was indeed going to be kept very PG, thus really weakening the type of impact it could have had. I'm not for senseless violence or weapon use or blood... but a feud like Kane/Taker inside Hell in a Cell needs blood, needs weapons.

Finally, on this note, Taker was never even healthy for the entire thing so I don't think we even saw their best work. Kane was Kane during that run, but Taker wasn't Taker, you could tell. If Taker comes back in full health and well rested, I bet they could put on a solid match for Mania.

Well, to be fair... I thought the Undertaker/Kane feud was GREAT... the matches themselves, ehhhhh lol.

The actual feud was great though, arguably their best in terms of the storyline and the execution (minus their first feud). I thought how good the feud was, and especially how good Kane and Taker played off one another helped to stretch it out so long because it certainly wasn't stretched out on the merit of the wrestling.

But that being said, it's almost unfair to say fans weren't into it. They constantly had the best reactions on Smackdown! for months. Agreed the Hell in a Cell received a lackluster reaction, but really, did you expect otherwise? I thought fans were asleep during the entire PPV (minus Cena/Barret) and much like myself, I'm sure fans were disappointed when it was very quickly apparent that this legendary showdown that we've all waited for was indeed going to be kept very PG, thus really weakening the type of impact it could have had. I'm not for senseless violence or weapon use or blood... but a feud like Kane/Taker inside Hell in a Cell needs blood, needs weapons.

Finally, on this note, Taker was never even healthy for the entire thing so I don't think we even saw their best work. Kane was Kane during that run, but Taker wasn't Taker, you could tell. If Taker comes back in full health and well rested, I bet they could put on a solid match for Mania.

Again, I must remind the fans weren't into it and Vince himself was upset with the feud. Does anyone really want to see another Taker vs Kane when we just got three of them less than four months ago? We're talking about selling point here. I guarantee u another Taker vs Kane won't even begin to help the buyrate and the possibly mediocre Wrestlemania 27 card.

And no solid match can follow Batista, Edge, and Shawn Michaels twice. Classic or legendary is the minimum standard nowadays, so another Taker vs Kane is a no no. The last Wrestlemania match Taker got with Kane at WM 20 was an embarrassment to their legendary match at Wrestlemania 14. I really believe they shouldn't have faced each other against at WM 20, Taker's opponent should have gone to someone else like Vince himself, Lesnar, Goldberg, Rock, Jericho, or Christian.

Almost everyone I bumped (before u) hated the possibility of Taker even going to face Kane again be it inside or outside Wrestlemania.

And the last but not the least, Kane has been added twice to The Streak and it's evident his accomplishments and status are nothing compared to Triple H, Ric Flair, Big Show, Edge, Batista, Orton, and Shawn Michaels. Why add him again? Why waste another opportunity to add a fresh new credible face like Vince?

Agreed, Vince is much more credible than Barrett. I wouldn't want to see Barrett vs Taker either. The problem with the timeline is that both Vince and Taker would be a thrown together fued in a desperate move by WWE. Its also not easy for Vince to associate himself with Barrett too. The last time i checked, before this week's RAW, the last time Vince appeared in the squared circle, he was at the receiving end of a Nexus beatdown. It is still possible for Vince to be the mastermind of Nexus burying Taker at Bragging Rights, however, it will not be too logical.

The difference between Hogan-Vince and Taker-Vince is the history that Hogan and Vince have together.(I'm in no way implying that Vince and Taker have no history together) It is simple to make a fued out of Hogan and Mcmahon because they have so much history together, much bigger than Vince and Taker have.

Regarding Vince status as a legendary heel boss, there is not a shadow of doubt about it. He is one of the best heels in the history of the business, however, you have to take into account that Vince is 65 and it has been ages since he last step foot in the squared circle bar being beaten up by 21 chair shots at last year's Mania. He is in great shape for a man at his age, but people might not buy him as a legitimate threat for Taker's Streak.

Agreed, Vince is much more credible than Barrett. I wouldn't want to see Barrett vs Taker either. The problem with the timeline is that both Vince and Taker would be a thrown together fued in a desperate move by WWE. Its also not easy for Vince to associate himself with Barrett too. The last time i checked, before this week's RAW, the last time Vince appeared in the squared circle, he was at the receiving end of a Nexus beatdown. It is still possible for Vince to be the mastermind of Nexus burying Taker at Bragging Rights, however, it will not be too logical.

The difference between Hogan-Vince and Taker-Vince is the history that Hogan and Vince have together.(I'm in no way implying that Vince and Taker have no history together) It is simple to make a fued out of Hogan and Mcmahon because they have so much history together, much bigger than Vince and Taker have.

Regarding Vince status as a legendary heel boss, there is not a shadow of doubt about it. He is one of the best heels in the history of the business, however, you have to take into account that Vince is 65 and it has been ages since he last step foot in the squared circle bar being beaten up by 21 chair shots at last year's Mania. He is in great shape for a man at his age, but people might not buy him as a legitimate threat for Taker's Streak, although he is the Chairman of the Company, there is just No Chance In Hell that Taker will have his streak ended by him.

I agree with you too about every Wrestlemania match involving Vince being Big Time, but every match involving Vince is Big!, he is the Chairman of the company. But lets break down each and every of Vince's matches at the grandest stage of them all.

Shane Mcmahon vs Vince
- Mcmahon vs Mcmahon and Father vs Son at arguably the Best PPV of all time. It is definitely Big Time and a must-watch. Vince was at his 'prime' in the ring and vice-versa for Shane.

Vince vs Hogan
- It was billed as '20 years in the making' and the fued between Vince and Hogan have escalated to Real-life. People have been wanting this match and of course it is a big time must watch. Vince was not to shabby in the ring either but I must say the quality of the match surprised me.

Vince vs HBK
- As overrated as it is, it was still a great match for Vince's standard(which is pretty high BTW). The fued started even before the Rumble and the match didn't disappoint. It was not only Michaels carrying Vince, Vince had to be at his best too and he was. This was a Big Time match and yet again undoubtedly a must-watch.

Vince vs Bret
- As pathetic as the match was, it was definitely a big time for fans who craved for Bret to finally get his revenge on Vince after 13 years.(especially Canadians) It was hyped like crazy, however, it was not a must watch for Neutrals.

Vince Mcmahon vs The Undertaker - Wrestlemania XXVII?
- The last time Vince had a great match was against Michaels which was 4 years ago. Now at 65, I'm not entirely convinced by his in-ring skills. His heat have also died down in recent years, having their target audience shifted to kids. He has not appeared for a long before this week and he actually got a decent reception on RAW. I am not too sure that he will draw the same kind of heat like when he fueded with Austin , Hogan or even Michaels. A match against Taker might have worked several years ago, but I am not too sure ATM and especially at this Wrestlemania with a huge possiblility of being the weakest Wrestlemania in recent times. Taker will have to be at a 100% and bring his A game to carry Vince to a solid bout, I am not sure if he can. I doubt people will buy Mania for this match or one against Barrett, fully aware that it will not be anything near spectacular to Taker's previous 2 at Mania with HBK or a dream clash such as one against Sting or even HHH with HBK being the guest referee. But, i say lets wait until 2 21 11 before that we can't rule anything out.

I think Taker vs Barrett will be a decent feud down the line but I am glad he is out as Taker's Mania opponent.

As it stands it looks like Triple H is the only viable marquee option, the storyline is there with Triple H wanting to avenge HBK and it will be the 10 year anniversary of their first Mania encounter.

History book says Taker nearly sacrificed Stephanie in 1999 after beating the life out of Vince. Who was the higher power of The Ministry again?

History is a good thing, but not infinitely necessary to make one cares for something. For a start, before Wrestlemania 23 Batista's history with Taker was virtually zero compared to his history with HHH, but who can deny Batista's feud with Undertaker in 2007 is his best feud and the match at Wrestlemania 23 is perhaps the only classic and the best match in Batista's career? And I believe I can say the same about (at least) Diesel in WM 12, Flair in WM 18, Orton in WM 21, and Edge in WM 24 if we're talking about Undertaker's Wrestlemania experience.

As long as it involves a legend and a very very well known name, it's big. History or not it will be big it's almost "set in stone big".

Regarding Vince status as a legendary heel boss, there is not a shadow of doubt about it. He is one of the best heels in the history of the business, however, you have to take into account that Vince is 65 and it has been ages since he last step foot in the squared circle bar being beaten up by 21 chair shots at last year's Mania. He is in great shape for a man at his age, but people might not buy him as a legitimate threat for Taker's Streak, although he is the Chairman of the Company, there is just No Chance In Hell that Taker will have his streak ended by him.

At this point, I think people pretty much realized The Streak will never end although The Undertaker goes against the entire WWE roster or the whole WWE HOF class.

But for argument's sake, like u mentioned Vince is one of the finest heel ever....AND a very sly person. He has every trick in the book up his sleeve to end The Streak. So oh yeah, he's a big threat for The Streak indeed.

I agree with you too about every Wrestlemania match involving Vince being Big Time, but every match involving Vince is Big!, he is the Chairman of the company.

That's why matches like Taker vs HHH or Taker vs HBK worked while matches like Taker vs Gonzales or Taker vs Henry didn't. People cared for the former kind but not for the latter kind.

And being BIG TIME it is, I believe Taker vs Vince belongs to the former. Meaning, another memorable battle.

Vince Mcmahon vs The Undertaker - Wrestlemania XXVII?
- The last time Vince had a great match was against Michaels which was 4 years ago. Now at 65, I'm not entirely convinced by his in-ring skills. His heat have also died down in recent years, having their target audience shifted to kids. He has not appeared for a long before this week and he actually got a decent reception on RAW.

WM 27 will be held in Georgia, the former home base of WCW. Imagine the heat u would have if you were the chairman of a rival company who purchased your rival company and was about to have a match with the biggest WWE legend in the roster.

Don't hold your breath.

I am not too sure that he will draw the same kind of heat like when he fueded with Austin , Hogan or even Michaels. A match against Taker might have worked several years ago, but I am not too sure ATM and especially at this Wrestlemania with a huge possiblility of being the weakest Wrestlemania in recent times.

Say, if Sheamus feuds with Heath Slater, do u think he would have the same heat like, say, if he feuds with Orton? Heat come and go depends on your opponent. Vince is GREAT at making the crowd hate him. That, plus the fact his opponent is the most over guy in the company.

If anything, Taker vs Vince might even be the stand out match of the, as u say it, weakest Wrestlemania in recent times.

Taker will have to be at a 100% and bring his A game to carry Vince to a solid bout, I am not sure if he can.

Well, when fought HBK twice his legs were injured and he had to ice both of them on daily basis. Look how both matches turned out to be?

Taker is a pro, mate. And above all others, a warrior with an astronomical pride. Remember last year when he suffered third degree burn all over his body minutes before his match started but still managed to give a match of the night at Elimination Chamber?

HBK fought with a broken back.

Austin battled with a broken neck.

What makes Undertaker any different than the two?

I doubt people will buy Mania for this match or one against Barrett, fully aware that it will not be anything near spectacular to Taker's previous 2 at Mania with HBK or a dream clash such as one against Sting or even HHH with HBK being the guest referee. But, i say lets wait until 2 21 11 before that we can't rule anything out.

I'm still hoping for Taker vs Sting. If not, then I'm content with Taker vs Vince. Well, anything but Taker vs Corre or another rematches anyway. As for the buyrate....it's a shame, but it's WWE's own fault for not having the balls to book Taker vs Cena while they still can. As the saying goes, u reap what u sow.

I think Taker vs Barrett will be a decent feud down the line but I am glad he is out as Taker's Mania opponent.

Same here, mate.

As it stands it looks like Triple H is the only viable marquee option, the storyline is there with Triple H wanting to avenge HBK and it will be the 10 year anniversary of their first Mania encounter.

As I mentioned in the above post, the only thing that makes Taker vs HHH impossible is Sheamus. If HHH goes against Taker instead of Gaymus, then booking him to brag about ending HHH's career for a year, winning another WWE title, and winning King of The Ring would have gone to nowhere but oblivion.

"Word going around is that WWE officials have discussed The Undertaker vs. Triple H for WrestleMania 27 in a Career vs. Streak match with Shawn Michaels as the guest referee"

I read this on a different site and wasn't sure if it had been mentioned here or not so I thought I'd throw it up for discussion.

Do you see this as a good idea?

Would you like to see this match?

"Word going around is that WWE officials have discussed The Undertaker vs. Triple H for WrestleMania 27 in a Career vs. Streak match with Shawn Michaels as the guest referee"

I read this on a different site and wasn't sure if it had been mentioned here or not so I thought I'd throw it up for discussion.

Do you see this as a good idea?

Would you like to see this match?

It a great idea. However, I would prefer for it not to be a Career vs Streak match. I believe that Triple H still have enough in the tank, and he shouldn't be retiring yet. Michaels as the referee adds a whole new different ball game and this match should be the Plan B if WWE are not going to get Sting in.

So it's gonna be The game Vs Undertaker!?
I've been thinking about that Match for a while now ! I even posted about it one time.
It's clear that this match would be awesome with the story in which TripleH is trying to revenge HBK being retired by Taker.

This is the stipulation "streak vs career" that bothers me a little because it's clear that tripleH is not going to end the streak. So that match would bring as much suspense as tripleH coming out saying "all right I'm retiring now"......

This last thing makes think this match won't happen. What do you think ?

THis is quite supid on WWE's part if it were true...

Sheamus put HHH out of action for nearly a YEAR...and given the HHH's character, you really expect him to just "forget" about what happened and start a fued with Taker? This makes ZERO SENSE, and is rather disappointing.

Is Trips really going to come back just to lose to the Undertaker? What about his feud with Sheamus?

This match just doesn't make sense.

If it does happen, it would be cool if The Undertaker is about to lose and then HBK hits the SCM on Triple H, allowing Taker to hit the tombstone and win.

I actually like the idea of Taker and HHH. I don't think HHH can do anything else for Sheamus, he has already given him the "rub".

I do think it's kind of a push to build this story in a month, but they did the same thing with Michaels and Taker and it came out great.

Do HHH vs Taker with Michaels as the special guest referee trying to "screw" Taker. Now the only thing that kind of takes away from the match is that there is no way in Hell that Taker would lose, although I could see a compelling match coming of it.

I honestly think if anyone ends the streak it would be Cena, but my guess is that Taker retires undefeated.

Short term, I think its great. Triple H vs Taker, and probably HBK as guest referee. There is your money maker. However, game coming back for a month or 2 and retiring? Not sure I like that. I thought he had a good year or 2 in the tank but seems he is done with it now and wants a backstage capacity.

Anyway, looks like 21.2.11 is going to see the return of Taker and Triple H. I hope its not a career vs streak match, I really do.

Beats Taker vs Barrett though on what looked like a weak WM card.

I have nothing against HHH vs Undertaker. It would be a great match. However Career vs. Streak is just a cop-out. Theres no good way to build that in a few weeks and it would be a waste for Triple H to be in and gone in about a month's time. Not to mention this abandons the current storylines both Taker and HHH left previously.

This better not be all there is to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back