*MERGED* Undertaker's POTENTIAL Wrestlemania Opponents Thread

the worst part is that they are planning to turn him face if he goes to smackdown but then again if i knew triple h would turn heel i thought he would be terrible i didnt watch wrestling in the triple h heel days i started watching i 2006 sighs those wer the days

Well it will good for Wade.It sits perfectly.I mean Undertaker was taken out by Nexus,so there it is,'Taker comes back takes out Barrett during his match and challenges him for a match at WRESTLEMANIA.I guess Barret can use this feud better than anyone else.Ofcourse Undertaker should win at Mania,but Barret can get the rub by their match and also continuing the feud into the next ppv,where Barret gets the win over Undertaker.
And for any doubters,Undertaker will keep the streak as long as he wants to................................. ...........................FACT

Man, Wrestlemania matches against the Undertaker are reserved for Established Strong Characters NOT newbies such as the likes of Wade Barret. Don't get me wrong, Wade is coming along well, but still, Do you realize that anyone who beats The Undertaker at Wrestlemania will have such a CATAPULT in his career! There are plenty of others I could think of to give that to instead of a newbie as Wade Barret.

PISS POOR MOVE for Creative to do in my opinion, and I believe it is a strong well proven pointed opinion too.

I hear what you're saying, but let me first assure you (as another guy before me has) if Wade wrestles Taker at 27, he will not win.

Furthermore, I don't think 'Taker's WM matches should be even considered "reserved" as such for established stars. Not in the least. Yeah, sure, it's great to go into a long-anticipated match with the Undertaker and another strong character, but my God, if you want to talk about a real boost for somebody's career, saying that you were beaten by the Undertaker at WrestleMania is pretty impressive in itself. I'd say that the Undertaker beating anybody at WrestleMania is much more beneficial for the looser rather than the Undertaker. Sounds strange, I know, but think about it.

With that, how anti-climactic would it honestly be to have 'Taker's streak end? Nobody wins in reality. If somebody ever does, they are most likely not going to be of good-enough caliber. They'll get a sparkly little gold star next to their name that says: "I beat the Undertaker at WrestleMania" - but they have effectively just shit on the monumental matches between Taker and HBK or Edge and all the other folks he has beaten, such as Flair and Triple-H.

If Triple-H didn't do it at 17 and Michaels didn't do it in either of their exchanges, then it will forever be a bad investment for the WWE to have Undertaker loose at Mania... much less against Wade Barrett.

Like I said, the best rub that anybody can really get from the situation is to loose to the Deadman at Mania - especially rookies. Now that to me is a much safer, more effective and beneficial long-term than winning against him at Mania.

Lastly, I personally hope Wade doesn't face Taker at Mania. I am not a Wade Barrett fan and I have disliked him ever since I first watched NXT. I'm not going to say that he sucks and he's terrible and can't wrestle - I don't believe that he'd be getting where he is if he honestly didn't have a future. I just don't like him.

Also, Barrett/Taker is a possible back-up plan at this point. Let's not get too carried away with the idea I suppose. If WWE can wrap up Lesnar - then I'm all for Lesnar/Taker at WrestleMania!

I personally think Barrett is the perfect opponent for the Undertaker. The last two years have been against an already established star.

For those say, there is no drama if the Taker faces Barrett, well there is no drama is Taker faces anyone this year. Taker will win.

But The Undertaker will lose next year. Why? Because nothing about Mark Calaway that says he is not an Old School guy. An Old School guys know, you leave on your back. He understands that its good for the business by doing the honors.

How do we know he is Old School? :

Taker forcing McMahon to seek out Hart in Montreal.

Undertaker threatening HBK if he didn't show up and put over Austin at WM 14.

I cite The Hardy Boyz book, talking about how Undertaker is the Judge when it came to locker-room court.

Undertaker suggesting to Punk's that is dress code was not up to standard as Champion.

Undertaker is the leader when he steps in the building and from books, news sites, shoot interviews- he expects respect for the business and expect others to do the same.

So in all of that, do you really expect Taker NOT to put someone over at a WrestleMania. Taker will lay down at WM and he will be proud to do it. He wouldn't have it any other way.

It's just not going to be for Barrett this year.

I hear what you're saying, but let me first assure you (as another guy before me has) if Wade wrestles Taker at 27, he will not win.

Furthermore, I don't think 'Taker's WM matches should be even considered "reserved" as such for established stars. Not in the least. Yeah, sure, it's great to go into a long-anticipated match with the Undertaker and another strong character, but my God, if you want to talk about a real boost for somebody's career, saying that you were beaten by the Undertaker at WrestleMania is pretty impressive in itself. I'd say that the Undertaker beating anybody at WrestleMania is much more beneficial for the looser rather than the Undertaker. Sounds strange, I know, but think about it.

With that, how anti-climactic would it honestly be to have 'Taker's streak end? Nobody wins in reality. If somebody ever does, they are most likely not going to be of good-enough caliber. They'll get a sparkly little gold star next to their name that says: "I beat the Undertaker at WrestleMania" - but they have effectively just shit on the monumental matches between Taker and HBK or Edge and all the other folks he has beaten, such as Flair and Triple-H.

If Triple-H didn't do it at 17 and Michaels didn't do it in either of their exchanges, then it will forever be a bad investment for the WWE to have Undertaker loose at Mania... much less against Wade Barrett.

Like I said, the best rub that anybody can really get from the situation is to loose to the Deadman at Mania - especially rookies. Now that to me is a much safer, more effective and beneficial long-term than winning against him at Mania.

Lastly, I personally hope Wade doesn't face Taker at Mania. I am not a Wade Barrett fan and I have disliked him ever since I first watched NXT. I'm not going to say that he sucks and he's terrible and can't wrestle - I don't believe that he'd be getting where he is if he honestly didn't have a future. I just don't like him.

Also, Barrett/Taker is a possible back-up plan at this point. Let's not get too carried away with the idea I suppose. If WWE can wrap up Lesnar - then I'm all for Lesnar/Taker at WrestleMania!

I agree with you, man. Wade isn't ready to face The Undertaker at Wrestlemania just yet. Wade Barret doesn't deserve to face Taker, let alone ending The Streak. No offense, but there's no way he can follow Taker matches with Batista, Edge, and Shawn Michaels twice. It's down to the bone impossible. He still needs to improve his in-ring work BIG TIME. And since Taker won't be at full health if he performs at Mania 27, we can't expect him to carry Barrett to a legendary match. It would be considered a worthless match whose only purpose is to keep the streak alive, just like the throwaway matches like against A-Train (WM 19) or Mark Henry (WM 22).

And The Streak isn't just a place to randomly push anyone anymore. If u want to go against Taker today, u need to be big enough to follow the match before u or u'll fail (just like Vince hoping Mark Henry at WM 22 to carry on after Randy Orton at WM 21, failed cause Henry isn't as credible as Orton). I'll list the accomplishments of his last 4 WM opponents (cause Henry never accomplished anything and never will). By defeating Batista at Wrestlemania 23, Undertaker defeated someone with:

# Pro Wrestling Illustrated

* PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2005)
* PWI Wrestler of the Year (2005)
* PWI ranked him #1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2005

# World Wrestling Entertainment

* World Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
* World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Ric Flair (2) and John Cena (1)
* WWE Championship (2 times)
* WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Rey Mysterio
* Royal Rumble (2005)
* Match of The Year 2007 vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania 23
* Feud of the Year (2007) vs. The Undertaker

# Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards

* Feud of the Year (2005) vs. Triple H

He also main evented Wrestlemania 21 prior to meeting The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 23. And by defeating him Undertaker have also defeated the entire Evolution members following Triple H at Wrestlemania X-7, Ric Flair at Wrestlemania X-8, and Randy Orton at Wrestlemania 21.

By defeating Edge at Wrestlemania 24, Undertaker defeated someone with:

* World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
o World Heavyweight Championship (5 times)
o World Tag Team Championship (12 times) – with Christian (7), Chris Benoit (2), Hulk Hogan (1), Randy Orton (1) and Chris Jericho (1)
o WWE Championship (4 times)
o WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (5 times)
o WCW United States Championship (1 time)
o WWE Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Rey Mysterio (1) and Chris Jericho (1)
o King of the Ring (2001)
o Mr. Money in the Bank (2005, 2007)
o Slammy Award for Couple of the Year (2008) – with Vickie Guerrero
o Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion
o Royal Rumble (2010)

Along the way, The Undertaker also defeated one of the E&C members, both Rated RKO members, and the leader of La Familia.

The last but definitely not the least, by defeating (and retiring) Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXV & XXVI, he defeated someone with:

* Pro Wrestling Illustrated
o PWI Feud of the Year (2008) vs. Chris Jericho
o PWI Match of the Year (1993) vs. Marty Jannetty on Monday Night Raw on May 17
o PWI Match of the Year (1994) vs. Razor Ramon in a Ladder match at WrestleMania X
o PWI Match of the Year (1995) vs. Diesel at WrestleMania XI
o PWI Match of the Year (1996) vs. Bret Hart in an Iron Man match at WrestleMania XII
o PWI Match of the Year (2004) vs. Chris Benoit and Triple H at WrestleMania XX
o PWI Match of the Year (2005) vs. Kurt Angle at WrestleMania 21
o PWI Match of the Year (2006) vs. Vince McMahon in a No Holds Barred match at WrestleMania 22
o PWI Match of the Year (2007) vs. John Cena on Raw on April 23
o PWI Match of the Year (2008)] vs. Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV
o PWI Match of the Year (2009) vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXV
o PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (1995, 1996)
o PWI ranked him #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 1996
o PWI ranked him #10 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003
o PWI ranked him #33 of the Top 100 Tag Teams of the "PWI Years" with Marty Jannetty in 2003

o WWF Championship (3 times)
o WWF European Championship (1 time)
o WWF Intercontinental Championship (3 times)
o WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (5 times) – with Diesel (2), Steve Austin (1), John Cena (1), and Triple H (1)
o WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Triple H (1)
o World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
o Royal Rumble (1995, 1996)
o Fourth Triple Crown Champion
o First Grand Slam Champion
o Slammy Award for Best Slammin' Jammin' Entrance (1996)
o Slammy Award for Best Threads (1996)
o Slammy Award for Squared Circle Shocker (1996) Won for collapsing; Owen Hart accepts the award for making Michaels collapse
o Slammy Award for Master of Mat Mechanics (1996)
o Slammy Award for US West Match of the Year (1996) vs. Razor Ramon in a Ladder match at SummerSlam
o Slammy Award for Leader of the New Generation (1996)
o Slammy Award for Best Finisher (1997)
o Slammy Award for US West Match of the Year (1997) vs. Bret Hart in an Iron Man match at WrestleMania XII
o Slammy Award for Match of the Year (2008) vs. Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV
o Slammy Award for Match of the Year (2009) vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXV

I didn't list Michaels Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards cause it's too many to name and the page won't be able to sustain it. By defeating and retiring Shawn Michaels, Undertaker also defeated three Kliq members (including Diesel at WM 12), one of The Rockers, both DX members, and two NWO members.

No offense, but what would The Streak gain by defeating Barrett? Wade is yet to win any title or being involved in legendary feuds. The Undertaker has been on his best Wrestlemania runs in the last 4 WM, defeating Batista, Edge, and Shawn Michaels twice. Usually after 2 or 3 WM he had to deal with talentless big man from lower mid-card instead of legit main eventers at WM, I don't think we need to see another low-profile match in The Streak anymore. This is just my opinion though, but unless WWE does something drastic with Barrett over the next few months until Mania, it'd be hard to even consider Barrett a real threat to end the streak. Barrett hasn't even held a title yet. And he constantly lost against Cena and Orton. Wow, what a way to build up his credibility.

When Taker faces guys like Batista, Edge and Michaels twice, and then faces Barret the year after, you can't really take it seriously.

And WWE are planning to receive more than 1 million PPV buys, right? I laughed at the plan. How can Wrestlemania 27 reached even 750,000 buys with low-profile or predictable matches like CM Punk vs John Cena, Triple H vs Sheamus, and Undertaker vs Wade Barrett? Where even Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker for two years in a row didn't have 1 million buys? Where there'll be no Shawn Michaels, Jericho, Batista, The Rock, Stone Cold, Goldberg, and Lesnar? Is Vince sure Justin Bieber singing for 3 minutes can draw more than a million buys?

Looking back at the last two Wrestlemanias, approximately 960,000 people ordered WrestleMania XXV, this amount was less than the 1,058,000 buys that WrestleMania XXIV achieved. And Wrestlemania XXVI this year didn't do any better. Approximately 885,000 people ordered the event, grossing $39 million in revenue. This figure is down from WrestleMania XXV's figure of 960,000 buys. And both events didn't even have a sold out crowd. Worse yet, WWE had to give away 10,000 free tickets for Wrestlemania XXVI to fill out the empty seats.

As I said, I'd be surprised if Wrestlemania's 27 PPV buyrates even reached 750,000 with such horrible card. Looks like WWE will have to give away 30,000 free tickets this time. I mean, 3 months into the event but ticket sales are still going? Wow!

There's only two matches that can guarantee the 1 million buys: Taker vs Cena or Taker vs Lesnar. Taker vs Wade just won't cut it.

People are taking Undertaker's Streak to be some bull shit stepping stone for "Miz" or "Barret", his Streak IS bigger than all his title reigns combined and it is of much significance. As Ace rightfully pointed out Undertaker has beaten people of insanely high calibre, and the only one left out of today's roster is probably Cena himself.

McMahon isn't some stupid crack pot who would put Miz vs Undertaker and hope for a million buys *as he is doing (the hoping for mill buys... ¬.¬)*, yes it seems Miz is WWE's next big thing but is he ready to go toe to toe with arguably McMahon's biggest creation? No. The Streak is currently worth more to all superstars than the WWE/WHC titles, it just shows how important it is.

Another point Ace made was about CM Punk not having chemistry with 'Taker, and he is totally right. CM Punk does not have chemistry with 'Taker, it's a bit like Edge & Kane currently. Anyways, Punk seems to have more things going for him and he doesn't need to face 'Taker for his Streak (same goes for Miz, Barret, Sheamus and the rest... might aswell add Zach Rhyder seeing as someone is bound to add his name to the list vs 'Taker).

Right now Lesnar and Cena are the best bets...

People are taking Undertaker's Streak to be some bull shit stepping stone for "Miz" or "Barret", his Streak IS bigger than all his title reigns combined and it is of much significance. As Ace rightfully pointed out Undertaker has beaten people of insanely high calibre, and the only one left out of today's roster is probably Cena himself.

McMahon isn't some stupid crack pot who would put Miz vs Undertaker and hope for a million buys *as he is doing (the hoping for mill buys... ¬.¬)*, yes it seems Miz is WWE's next big thing but is he ready to go toe to toe with arguably McMahon's biggest creation? No. The Streak is currently worth more to all superstars than the WWE/WHC titles, it just shows how important it is.

Another point Ace made was about CM Punk not having chemistry with 'Taker, and he is totally right. CM Punk does not have chemistry with 'Taker, it's a bit like Edge & Kane currently. Anyways, Punk seems to have more things going for him and he doesn't need to face 'Taker for his Streak (same goes for Miz, Barret, Sheamus and the rest... might aswell add Zach Rhyder seeing as someone is bound to add his name to the list vs 'Taker).

Right now Lesnar and Cena are the best bets...

Many, many thanks, mate :)

This is the first time I've ever seen someone completely agreed with me in wrestlezone forum (LOL). Yes, I'm not saying Barrett vs Taker or Miz vs Taker would be a bad match, it's just WM isn't the perfect place to see those kind of matches. WM is the place where we see Taker vs Jericho or Taker vs Lesnar or Taker vs Cena.

I think it's a real pity Vince preferred Taker to face 5 talentless lower-mid card giants in 5 different manias in the form of Gonzales (WM 9), Bundy (WM 11), Boss Man (WM 15), A-Train (WM 19), and Mark Henry (WM 22) instead of actual legends like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Mankind, Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, The Rock, Stone Cold, Mr. Perfect, Ultimate Warrior, Ted DiBiase Sr., Owen Hart, and Eddie Guerrero.

Maybe Vince did that not only to push the giants, but also because he had other guaranteed draw at those times. But now, if he books Wade vs Taker, I think we can agree the match will be a small draw, what can Vince count on to draw? Sheamus vs HHH? Punk vs Cena? Miz vs Morrison? I'm sorry, but if Taker vs HBK, Sheamus vs HHH, Bret vs Vince, Batista vs Cena, Edge vs Jericho, and Rey vs Punk only managed to garner less than 900,000 buys, surely Punk vs Cena, HHH vs Sheamus again, Taker vs Wade, and Miz vs Morrison wouldn't do any better.

I've been saying this but I'll say this again. There's only two matches Vince can count so that WM 27 reaches 1 million buys: Taker vs Cena or Taker vs Lesnar. Other matches wouldn't even draw 750,000 buys. Trust me.

taker cena would be epic. You know taker isnt losing his streak, but if ANYONE did you know it would be cena. Dont think cena would even want to end the streak.

I see taker and cena possibly teaming to take out wade punk and nexus.

as for sting coming to wwe please no!

Damn there's alot of discussion about the streak and Takers WM opponent, I for one don't actually mind who he faces as long as its some one who he can manage to pull a great 5 star match out of...

There are many possible opponents for The Undertaker but I'm gonna list a few, and I'll warn you now some of these may be pretty far fetched but I felt they needed a mention...

Ok first I'm gonna go with The Miz I know this probably won't happen but this is exactly what would put Miz in the history books and make him a legend and be remembered for a very long time.

Another possibility is Triple H, Now I know that HHH is rumoured to be facing Sheamus in a return match from last years WM but I would really enjoy this match and the build could be excellent if they do this right have a heel Triple H pissed off about Undertaker retiring HBK, repeatedly attacking Undertaker and then at Wrestlemania the loser must retire Taker wants to retire both members of DX and Hunter wants to give Taker a taste of his own medicine.

Next up is Brock Lesner this has been swirling around the rumour mill for a while now and In my oppinion WWE should fork out as much money as they can to Dana White to bring Brock back for a one time match deal at Mania.

One person who could really use this because it seems WWE has nothing for him write now is Wade Barret, Barret needs a decent push right now after getting squashed by Cena at TLC and facing Undertaker would be awesome for him.

The next on the list is Randy Orton these two had a great feud in 2005 and this would give Randy sometime to do for the next few months because I really don't see what WWE could have for him right now.

And finally the big one John Cena this would be an absolutely epic match and people have been waiting to these too face off for a long time and whens better to do it than the grandest stage off them all Wrestlemania, having Cena end the streak would be stupid, he has established himself as a legend in many ways already so The Miz or Barret would be a better choice to end the streak in my opinion...

Well that's my opinions on all this streak rumours and stuf, I doubt many people actually bothered to read this but if your in the few that did well thanks I guess :p

Since I'm not allowed to create a new thread, I guess I will voice my prediction right here and ask that anyone who wishes to reply just quote me somewhere in your reply so i can find it easier.

1st I'm sorry but I must say Im not a hug fan of The Undertaker. I'd prefer if his streak broke. IMO all good things must come to an end. I understand that they will prolly make him 20-0 and he will retire and I'm okay with that. Good for him and the WWE for allowing him that opportunity.However, I feel that he is too gimmicky and it takes away from the sport. Yes it's fake, but the fact that they made him loose to Kane at HIAC because of i little led in the bottom of a jar...? come one. I'm getting off topic though, my point was that I feel that they could really utilize his record in 2 ways. Make him 20-0 and never have anyone come close to it again ever, OR, use it as a huge push for a superstar.

Everyone keeps talking about Taker's final opponent. Some say it will be HBK, other say HHH, and i think the only other big guess is Cena. But what I've come to question is... What if the UnDertaker gets to CHOOSE his final opponent?

Now I will be the first one to support Shawn Michaels in his retirement. If he says he never wants to wrestle again I fully support him. It would be absurd to tarnish such an illustrious career. However... What if Taker states the following, "In all my years in the WWE, I've fought countless opponents, been a (#) time world champion, and gone undefeated 19 years in a row... In all this time there has only been one man... one man who has ever come close to ending my streak, and I want my last match to be the bes match of my career. Therefore, I choose for my opponent at WM to be...." Then HBK's music hits.

This would be my ideal scenario as no one is effected. HBK doesn't have to return to the WWE after this match as a full time wrestler. Yes he said he would never wrestle again, but he also said he would help out the WWE in any way he could, and if the circumstances were right he would come back. There would not have to be any bad blood as Taker and HBK setlled their feud.

It wouldn't really matter after this point. He could win and retire 20-0, or he could lose, but loose to the show-stopper, Mr. Wrestlemania.

So what do you guys think of my prediction? Unlikely yes, Awesome? You bet.

Its just been reported that they are going to try and book Barret and Undertaker at wm if Undertaker can make it back in time.

I think this is a good thing for Barret if they can pull it off. Im sure Barrett won't win but what a add to the resume this would be if he does get a match at wrestlemania with the dead man him self.

There where reports that John Cena would like to face undertaker at the big stage but I think they should save that for win undertaker is ready to retire because I don't think they want just anybody face taker in his last match.
So John Cena vs. Undertaker in undertakers last match would be a better fit, I would think.
I hope they have this year and then next year be his last Wrestlemania and call it 20 and 0.

Back to undertaker vs Barrett.

Can Barrett handle a match with undertaker? Is he worthy of a position like this? Would you chose some one else?
For my opinion, I think this is the best thing they could do for Barrett and I hope that undertaker can make it back in time.
Barrett seems like he is wanting to move up in the company and you can see that fire in his eye that he is willing to work hard for them.

I can see a Barrett/Taker match being nothing but a positive direction for Barrett's career.

I could only hope that WWE would dedicate everything to Barrett's career as a heel. Basically, I feel that if anyone is to ever beat his streak, it will kill their face credibility. If WWE wanted to keep Barrett a heel, have him beat Taker. Then, continue his career by having him come out bragging every week about putting Cena out of the company and defeating Taker at Wrestlemania. Then, whoever the champ is at the time could comeback saying something like, "Yea, that's what you DID. Let's see what you can still DO." Barrett starts a program for the title, thus earning his main event status.

However, if Taker is not able to compete at Wrestlemania, Kane could be a suitable opponent for Barrett. Kane could run a two month "face/tweener" angle claiming that he didn't need or want Nexus' help defeating the Undertaker once and for all.

I think it could work.

My initial feelings toward this news was disappointment, because you want that epic match up between Taker and his opponent at Mania and Barrett isn't at the moment big enough for such a huge match, IMHO. Whenever reports came out that WWE was already scripting out Taker's opponent for Mania, the two guys that I didn't want to see the most were Sheamus and Kane; Sheamus because I dislike the guy immensely and Kane because it's been done to death (for the record, I dislike Sheamus because his matches are boring and slow and his "king's" wardrobe is just silly looking).

I don't hate the idea of Barrett v Taker...I'm just a little disappointed by it. Taker needs to fight someone who's been around the block, has worked for years to earn the honor, and maybe has been a proven champion, at one point. We've seen him fight guys who were just hot at the time and it turned out to be a weak point in the streak's integrity. I don't feel like Barrett has been around long enough to prove himself worthy of the honors, is all. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dogging on Barrett, but the guy hasn't even been in the WWE for a full year, now. You might as well have him fight Alberto Del Rio. I mean, I know Barrett has done a lot more than Rio, so far, but it just doesn't have that big fight atmosphere like we've gotten used to within the past few years.

Truth be told, I was holding out for a CM Punk v Taker match. It too has been done to death and the two didn't have the best chemistry when they did feud, but I was thinking that maybe the Nexus angle could spice it up a little bit more. Honestly, I think I'd rather see Taker and Edge have another title match. I've said before that I know I'm not going to get my Edge v Christian match like I've been dreaming of, so you might as well. The two put on a great match at WMXXIV, and I could get excited about the rematch. I know that it doesn't make any sense because Taker has to resolve his issues with Barrett and Nexus, but it's a long way till April and I don't know how much heat Barrett will garner without the Nexus gimmick.

Again, feel free to disagree, this is just what I would like to see. I won't pout about a Barrett v Taker match, but I will just be somewhat disappointed.

taker does need to retire but not until hes 20-0 and as for the match im hoping it happens when i read on here they were thinking about it i was like fuck yes they need to have this match wade barrett its a great wrestler and will give wade a huge rub

Im from england and i am a massive wade barret hater, he is so boring, with a finishing move that does fuck all. he should be fighting del rio or christian at best at mania, if this match does go ahead after the massive last wrestlemanias undertaker has fought in, this match will be a joke. probably worse wrestlemania 19 handicap match.

i think if vince wants a big mania he needs either hhh (to avenge shawn michaels) or john cena to face taker at mania. coz lets face it the miz vs john cena is hardly gonna ge the million buys vinnie mac wants

MASSSIVE DEL RIO FAN

PEACE

Im from england and i am a massive wade barret hater, he is so boring, with a finishing move that does fuck all.

No offense, but what finishing move these days does look legitimately exciting? It doesn't dictate one's success. I mean, look at John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz. Great Success, but they're finishers are bordering on useless. As for thinking hes boring, that's a load of you know what. He was the only one holding Nexus together. Let's be clear; he's only been on the main roster for less than a year, and his mic skills are outstanding.

If he were to beat Taker, it would give him a massive credibility boost, especially if he beats him clean. However, this wont happen and the streak will continue

I wouldn't say he isn't worthy of it, however I can think of someone else who is more worthy, Sheamus. Sheamus is a two time WWE Champion and would look more convincing when deciding can someone beat The Undertaker. I mean, neither man would win, but I think given the fact that Wade Barrett was just "tricked" into giving up his leadership role in Nexus, the creative team would wanna deal with that moving forward instead of dealing with it for a few weeks, ending it and then handing Barrett over to The Undertaker. It would be a nice feather in his cap however, but again Sheamus deserves it and should get first consideration. Hopefully I see him instead of Barrett. Wade's steam has died down incredibly now IMO. Sheamus still has something to offer.

I honestly cannot belive how okay people are with wade barret vs the undertaker at wrestlemania. make becasue it is from my english point of view but if this does go ahead we are looking at probably the worst wresltmania ever. what match would people honestly look forward to? undertaker vs barret even with an amazing build up, whcih again won't happen will be shit! john cena vs the miz,- how this can headline wrestlemania makes me wonder why i even watch wwe anymore,MITB has been done to much, i mean honestly i think people are just trying to make the best of a bad situation in my opinion, sorry to everyone that thinks im being a dick, but its true!

My initial feelings toward this news was disappointment, because you want that epic match up between Taker and his opponent at Mania and Barrett isn't at the moment big enough for such a huge match, IMHO. Whenever reports came out that WWE was already scripting out Taker's opponent for Mania, the two guys that I didn't want to see the most were Sheamus and Kane; Sheamus because I dislike the guy immensely and Kane because it's been done to death (for the record, I dislike Sheamus because his matches are boring and slow and his "king's" wardrobe is just silly looking).

I don't hate the idea of Barrett v Taker...I'm just a little disappointed by it. Taker needs to fight someone who's been around the block, has worked for years to earn the honor, and maybe has been a proven champion, at one point. We've seen him fight guys who were just hot at the time and it turned out to be a weak point in the streak's integrity. I don't feel like Barrett has been around long enough to prove himself worthy of the honors, is all. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dogging on Barrett, but the guy hasn't even been in the WWE for a full year, now. You might as well have him fight Alberto Del Rio. I mean, I know Barrett has done a lot more than Rio, so far, but it just doesn't have that big fight atmosphere like we've gotten used to within the past few years.

Truth be told, I was holding out for a CM Punk v Taker match. It too has been done to death and the two didn't have the best chemistry when they did feud, but I was thinking that maybe the Nexus angle could spice it up a little bit more. Honestly, I think I'd rather see Taker and Edge have another title match. I've said before that I know I'm not going to get my Edge v Christian match like I've been dreaming of, so you might as well. The two put on a great match at WMXXIV, and I could get excited about the rematch. I know that it doesn't make any sense because Taker has to resolve his issues with Barrett and Nexus, but it's a long way till April and I don't know how much heat Barrett will garner without the Nexus gimmick.

Again, feel free to disagree, this is just what I would like to see. I won't pout about a Barrett v Taker match, but I will just be somewhat disappointed.

I second the notion.

Damn, finally after his best run against 4 main eventers in a row (Batista, Edge, and Shawn Michaels twice) in 4 Wrestlemania classics, The Streak goes back to square one to being used to push someone who hasn't win anything to superstardom, like Giant Gonzales at Wrestlemania 9 or A-Train at Wrestlemania 19.

I'm sorry, Barrett just isn't ready for something this big. Because there's no way an injured Undertaker can carry anyone....and there's no way Wade can carry anyone to a legendary match at the moment. It would sicken me if IWC label this match as burial if Taker wins...

Seriously, this is a joke....I mean, if Undertaker does defeat Barrett at WM 27, what kind of credibility would The Streak gain?

I'll list the accomplishments of his last 4 WM opponents (cause Henry never accomplished anything). By defeating Batista at Wrestlemania 23, Undertaker defeated someone with:

# Pro Wrestling Illustrated

* PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2005)
* PWI Wrestler of the Year (2005)
* PWI ranked him #1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2005

# World Wrestling Entertainment

* World Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
* World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Ric Flair (2) and John Cena (1)
* WWE Championship (2 times)
* WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Rey Mysterio
* Royal Rumble (2005)
* Match of The Year 2007 vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania 23

# Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards

* Feud of the Year (2005) vs. Triple H

He also main evented Wrestlemania 21 prior to meeting The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 23. And by defeating him Undertaker have also defeated the entire Evolution members following Triple H at Wrestlemania X-7, Ric Flair at Wrestlemania X-8, and Randy Orton at Wrestlemania 21.

By defeating Edge at Wrestlemania 24, Undertaker defeated someone with:

o World Heavyweight Championship (5 times)
o World Tag Team Championship (12 times) – with Christian (7), Chris Benoit (2), Hulk Hogan (1), Randy Orton (1) and Chris Jericho (1)
o WWE Championship (4 times)
o WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (5 times)
o WCW United States Championship (1 time)
o WWE Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Rey Mysterio (1) and Chris Jericho (1)
o King of the Ring (2001)
o Mr. Money in the Bank (2005, 2007)
o Slammy Award for Couple of the Year (2008) – with Vickie Guerrero
o Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion
o Royal Rumble (2010)

Along the way, The Undertaker also defeated one of the E&C members, both Rated RKO members, and the leader of La Familia.

The last but definitely not the least, by defeating (and retiring) Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXV & XXVI, he defeated someone with:

* Pro Wrestling Illustrated
o PWI Feud of the Year (2008) vs. Chris Jericho
o PWI Match of the Year (1993) vs. Marty Jannetty on Monday Night Raw on May 17
o PWI Match of the Year (1994) vs. Razor Ramon in a Ladder match at WrestleMania X
o PWI Match of the Year (1995) vs. Diesel at WrestleMania XI
o PWI Match of the Year (1996) vs. Bret Hart in an Iron Man match at WrestleMania XII
o PWI Match of the Year (2004) vs. Chris Benoit and Triple H at WrestleMania XX
o PWI Match of the Year (2005) vs. Kurt Angle at WrestleMania 21
o PWI Match of the Year (2006) vs. Vince McMahon in a No Holds Barred match at WrestleMania 22
o PWI Match of the Year (2007) vs. John Cena on Raw on April 23
o PWI Match of the Year (2008)] vs. Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV
o PWI Match of the Year (2009) vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXV
o PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (1995, 1996)
o PWI ranked him #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 1996
o PWI ranked him #10 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003
o PWI ranked him #33 of the Top 100 Tag Teams of the "PWI Years" with Marty Jannetty in 2003

o WWF Championship (3 times)
o WWF European Championship (1 time)
o WWF Intercontinental Championship (3 times)
o WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (5 times) – with Diesel (2), Steve Austin (1), John Cena (1), and Triple H (1)
o WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Triple H (1)
o World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
o Royal Rumble (1995, 1996)
o Fourth Triple Crown Champion
o First Grand Slam Champion
o Slammy Award for Best Slammin' Jammin' Entrance (1996)
o Slammy Award for Best Threads (1996)
o Slammy Award for Squared Circle Shocker (1996) Won for collapsing; Owen Hart accepts the award for making Michaels collapse
o Slammy Award for Master of Mat Mechanics (1996)
o Slammy Award for US West Match of the Year (1996) vs. Razor Ramon in a Ladder match at SummerSlam
o Slammy Award for Leader of the New Generation (1996)
o Slammy Award for Best Finisher (1997)
o Slammy Award for US West Match of the Year (1997) vs. Bret Hart in an Iron Man match at WrestleMania XII
o Slammy Award for Match of the Year (2008) vs. Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV
o Slammy Award for Match of the Year (2009) vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXV

I didn't list Michaels Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards cause it's too many to name and the page won't be able to sustain it. By defeating and retiring Shawn Michaels, Undertaker also defeated three Kliq members (including Diesel at WM 12), one of The Rockers, both DX members, and two NWO members.

I'm wondering what kind of credibility would The Streak gain....and whether or not we can suspend our belief, because after defeating guys like Batista, Edge, and Shawn Michaels twice, u really can't expect we can take this match seriously. It's like putting Undertaker against Big Show & A-Train after he defeated Triple H & Ric Flair or putting him against Mark Henry after he defeated Randy Orton.

And what worries me is the quality of the match. I don't think Taker vs Wade has what it takes to enter Undertaker's top 10 Wrestlemania match. This here below is my own personal list of Top 10 Undertaker's Wrestlemania match. I'll also give my POV but no worries it won't affect your chance to get BA even if your opinion is different from mine....as long as your opinion is reasonable on my account. And relax, I'm a pretty reasonable guy.

Usually, most people agree with my list (although some don't, but it's rare). Either way let's use this as the model and here goes:

1. Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania XXV)
2. Undertaker vs Edge (Wrestlemania XXIV)
3. Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania XXVI)
4. Undertaker vs Batista (Wrestlemania 23)
5. Undertaker vs Triple H (Wrestlemania X-7)
6. Undertaker vs Kane (Wrestlemania XIV)
7. Undertaker vs Diesel (Wrestlemania 12)
8. Undertaker vs Ric Flair (Wrestlemania X-8)
9. Undertaker vs Randy Orton (Wrestlemania 21)
10. Undertaker vs Sycho Sid (Wrestlemania 13)

What do u think? Where will it rank and why?

My POV:

For a start, I think we can agree there's no way in effing hell Taker vs Wade would even begin to touch the top 5, seeing how Taker won't be totally fit for the match and Wade has zero ability to carry someone to a legendary match. And yes, I'm saying Taker's match with Wade won't be as good as his match with Batista. Because before Batista had a WM match with Taker he had a series of great matches with legit main eventers in the form of HHH, JBL, great tag matches with Rey against Kane and Big Show, and Booker T. And he was damn over the crowd, and he wasn't as talentless as IWC"s made him up to be. He was at his PEAK of his main event run and he was more experienced (no matter how much IWC would hate this fact) than Barrett, seeing how Wade basically stuck with dull matches against either Orton or Cena. So no, I believe Taker vs Wade won't even lick the top 5.

On to bottom 5, a legendary match with Kane at WM 14. This has one of the, if not, finest storyline and most memorable build up of all time. Combine that with Kane's and Taker's astronomical chemistry at their first outings, and there u go. Not taking anything away from Wade, but I don't think he can top this one either.

The next is two overlooked gems with Diesel and Ric Flair. His match with Diesel is one of the finest example how The Undertaker carried someone with so-so wrestling talent to an underrated classic. Watch the match if u don't believe me. Too bad he couldn't have done the same with Giant Gonzales, King Kong Bundy, Big Boss Man, A-Train, and Mark Henry. But maybe that's also due the fact Nash was over as Diesel after a year long world title reign and no one could deny at the time he faced Taker, he was perhaps the finest monster heel in WWE.

And Taker had a wild under-appreciated brawl with Flair...a bloody one, too. Add the fact that Flair could actually move and wrestle around 2002, and he was over with the fans, and he had this legendary in-ring psychology Wade definitely lacks, not to mention his ability to sell any kind of move. So basically, the match was of guaranteed quality.

Sorry, but me thinks Taker vs Wade won't touch any of these two either.

That leaves us with Randy Orton and Sid. Taker's match with Sid was kinda his match with Diesel, but to a very lesser extent. And his match with Orton is on the list not only because it was Orton's best Wrestlemania match to date, but also the match which rocketed the credibility of The Streak to the seventh lovely heaven. Regardless, I can tell Taker vs Wade won't touch any of the top 8, but has the possibility to either best Taker vs Orton or Taker vs Sid. Dunno which, tho. Of course the match can also be worse than either of those two. But anyone here can't deny the fact that Sid was over on the crowd and he was decent enough to be somewhat deserving to go up against Undertaker. No offense to Barrett, but the inexperience level would not really put his match ahead of Sid vs. Taker.

I think there's no doubt since Taker vs Wade is penciled we're going to see Undertaker's worst Wrestlemania match ever since his encounter with Mark Henry at Wrestlemania 22.

Pretty big honour for Barrett if he gets this match. Proves he's come along way because any match with the Undertaker at Wrestlemania is a big deal. It may also be the Undertaker's last Wrestlemania (since his body is rapidly falling apart).

I would almost prefer this or another top heel. I don't want to see the Undertaker take on another babyface at the show. He needs to go up against a top heel. I really don't know who else could work the program with him.

If it is regarding the whole Nexus attack, that's a bit messed up. Since Barrett was kicked out of Nexus, is the Undertaker just aiming for Wade or all of Nexus? this current story line with CM Punk becoming the leader leaves a whole in this story. Not a big one but I think it's a big strange that Barrett would be kicked out of Nexus, make his character move on from Nexus only to bring it back up again at the biggest PPV of the year.

I'm not hating on Barrett if he gets this match. They need to establish future superstars and Barrett is a perfect fit. Barrett attacking the big show is establishing as a major player if he beats the big show, then kane it will establish him ready to face the Undertaker. I'm not saying it's going to be a shawn vs undertaker type of match cause i doubt anyone can do a match as good but it will be a decent match.

I'm not hating on Barrett if he gets this match. They need to establish future superstars and Barrett is a perfect fit. Barrett attacking the big show is establishing as a major player if he beats the big show, then kane it will establish him ready to face the Undertaker. I'm not saying it's going to be a shawn vs undertaker type of match cause i doubt anyone can do a match as good but it will be a decent match.

Decent match? I doubt it can top Undertaker vs Sid, let alone Undertaker's Wrestlemania matches with Shawn Michaels, Edge, Batista, Masked Kane, Triple H, Diesel, Ric Flair, and Randy Orton. What kind of decent match is that? And what is the use of a decent match if Barrett can't prove he's comparable to the 9 names I mentioned? So much for being the future of WWE, Wade.

Its pretty obvious Taker's streak will be kept alive here. Though that's not a problem for me since most times at WM Taker's victory is a lock.

I'm not sure what is happening to Barrett though but unless he get's his Nexus back up I hardly find this match to be compelling since the reason we are going to see Taker vs. Barrett is because of what happened at Bragging Rights.

Match wise then, im 50-50. For one haven't been impressed with Barrett's in ring work and Taker's injuries might hamper him to being in top form.

I guess If I had to chose an opponent for Undertaker at WM it would be John Cena because that kind of match speaks for itself.

Though if ever not Cena I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Jericho returning only to feud with Undertaker. It's almost criminal they didn't have a program together despite being both on the same brand for a year.

Another possibility would be Daniel Bryan. Now hear me out. Daniel Bryan has been red hot imagine what happens if Bryan challenges Undertaker at WM being the competitor he is. It's wont be as epic as Shawn vs. Undertaker but even if Bryan looses, provided they have a great match, it could make Bryan a superstar and look like a million bucks.

There's no doubt, that the hype is there for the buildup to the WM Match seeing that Nexus caused Taker his Buried Alive Match against Kane. But To be honest with you, Barrett is not Wrestlemania Worthy to face the Deadman. Now a regular Pay-Per-View, Yes. Cause right now Barrett is young in his career, and this is his first Wrestlemania, and how will he deliver at the Superbowl of all Wrestling Events? It's a toss up. The WWE already thinking bout taking a risk with the Miz vs. Cena Match for the Championship with Miz Main Eventing as Champion for the first time. And quite honestly Cena matches doesn't sell well either. But Taker's Match doesn't needs to be a risk. I wouldn't mind seeing Taker and Shaemus though.

There's no doubt, that the hype is there for the buildup to the WM Match seeing that Nexus caused Taker his Buried Alive Match against Kane. But To be honest with you, Barrett is not Wrestlemania Worthy to face the Deadman. Now a regular Pay-Per-View, Yes. Cause right now Barrett is young in his career, and this is his first Wrestlemania, and how will he deliver at the Superbowl of all Wrestling Events? It's a toss up. The WWE already thinking bout taking a risk with the Miz vs. Cena Match for the Championship with Miz Main Eventing as Champion for the first time. And quite honestly Cena matches doesn't sell well either. But Taker's Match doesn't needs to be a risk. I wouldn't mind seeing Taker and Shaemus though.

Couldn't have said it better, there's no way Wade vs Taker could work. Wade is too green for such a challenge. He is yet to put a great match on constant basis, how the hell did WWE hope he can have a legendary match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, nonetheless?

Well, one thing we knew for sure, neither Taker vs Wade or Taker vs Sheamus can be a legendary match following Undertaker's last 4 Wrestlemania matches. Nor they can contribute anything worthy for the 1 million buyrate plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back