*MERGED* Undertaker's POTENTIAL Wrestlemania Opponents Thread

I am intrigued by Taker/Cena, but, I'd rather see Cena/miz cause quite frankly I don't really care about Taker anymore. However on the other hand, I would like to see Taker/Miz in a title unification bout. (Yes I know and Edge/Taker feud needs to happen by then). Another one I would like to see is Orton/Taker, yeah I know Orton/Taker have faced each other at Mania, but I want to see Taker go out on a loss (a la Bret Hart) and Orton is the legend killer.... Just saying

John Cena would be the most ideal opponent for the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.
First off, when people think of the Undertaker, his undefeated Wrestlemania streak is the first thing that pops out. Therefore, his streak that makes him unique will be left intact.
If management decides to turn Cena heel, the best moment should occur at the aftermath of the match (similar to Bret Hart turning heel after the WM 13 matchup with Stone Cold). This feud could continue throughout 2011.
As of this moment, Cena is the best candidate to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania if they wish to add excitement and people talking about a worthy Undertaker matchup at Wrestlemania.

I am intrigued by Taker/Cena, but, I'd rather see Cena/miz cause quite frankly I don't really care about Taker anymore. However on the other hand, I would like to see Taker/Miz in a title unification bout. (Yes I know and Edge/Taker feud needs to happen by then). Another one I would like to see is Orton/Taker, yeah I know Orton/Taker have faced each other at Mania, but I want to see Taker go out on a loss (a la Bret Hart) and Orton is the legend killer.... Just saying[/QUOT

Cena vs Miz is still not Wrestlemania caliber matchup yet. We could see this match taking place on any given Raw but it wouldn't be the main event at Wrestlemania. Once the Miz is more developed and experienced, then this matchup has what it takes to be the main event at Wrestlemania. It's just too soon for the Miz!

I really like the idea of Cena vs The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. But in no way do I want The Undertaker's streak to end. It's really the only big match that they can offer at this point.

There are some others that would be interesting but wouldn't happen. Sting, would be one. Goldberg would be another. Two people that Undertaker has never faced.

Cena-Taker is the last real money match that hasn't been done yet (outside of the Unforgiven 2003 match nobody cares about); and if The Undertaker is really contemplating retirement soon, it would be in the WWE's best interests - to say the least - to pull the trigger on this match sooner rather than later.

The only way I could see Cena winning is if he is turning heel, which isn't happening anytime soon. Another thing is, throughout Undertaker's streak he hasn't faced the big name of the company at Wrestlemania. Not Austin, not Rock, not Hart, not HBK (when he was on top), not Hogan. The closest you could get is Triple H at WM 17, but I'd say Trips was third in the pecking order at that time. Not that Taker needs anything else to pad his resume with, it would be one last big accomplishment.

Undertaker, if he is able to physically compete at Wrestlemania, is booked to beat King Sheamus. Takr vs Cena will not happen while Cena is the number one face in the compnay. If, and a very heavy if, they ever turned Cena heel, then, and only then, would it happen. Undertaker will not lose at Wrestlemania, especially to a guy who cannot "wrestle" very well.

WELL I THINK TAKER AND CENA IS THE ONLY MATCH AT WRETLMANIA THAT WOULD SPARK ANY REAL INTREST AT WRESTLEMANIA THIS YEAR. BUT RIGHT NOW I DONT SEE IT COMMING ALONG BUT HERES WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE. WE REALLY DONT KNOW WHY THE NEXUS ATTACK UNDERTAKER OR WHO WAS THE HIGH POWER THEY WAS TALKING ABOUT BEHIND WHAT THE GROUP WAS DOING NOW UNLIKE TNA WHO I HEARD DIXIE CARTER SAY IT DONT HAVE TO MAKE SENCE TALKING ABOUT STORYLINES THATS A BUNCH OF BS IT DOES HAVE TO MAKE SOME SORT OF SENCE CAUSE IF IT DONT IT WILL MAKE U LOSE INTREST (SEE THE WHOLE THEY STORYLINE FOR PROOF) NOW I WOULD HAVE LET IT BE CENA BEHIND THE ATTACK SOME HOW WANTING TO GET RID OF TAKER FOR SOME REASON SETTING UP UNDERTAKER AND CENA FOR WRESTLMANIA TURNNIG HIM HEEL I THINK THAT WOULD BE PRETTY COOL CAUSE I SEE MIZ FIGHTING IN A THREE AY AT WRESTMANIA WITH HIM RETAINING MAYBE HIM MORRISON AND ORTON SOMETHING LIKE THAT BUT YEAH THATS WHAT I THNK AS FAR AS THE TAKER AND CENA ANGLE THEY COULD MAKE IT WHERE TKER COMES BACK WANTING TO FIND OUT WHO WAS BEHIND THE ATTACK CASUE OTUNGA ALREADY SET THAT UP WHEN HE SAID IS SHOULD TELL THE REAL REASON WHY WE ATTACK THE UNDERTAKER STATING THAT THERE WAS MORE BEHIND IT

1. Nexus attacks Undertaker, causing Kane to bury him alive.

2. Allusions to a 'higher power' are made.

3. Punk takes over Nexus tonight.

Do you see this the way I do? CM Punk vs The Undertaker at Wrestlemania? Could anyone possibly be better? He's got the mic skills and is young and able enough to make people believe he has a shot to win.

I would REALLY love to see this match but with the Attack tonight on Cena from Nexus minus Barrett with Punk then coming out and putting on the Nexus armband I think this will eventually lead to a Punk vs Cena match at Wrestlemania.

Honestly, I think Cena's gonna be in a title match at Wrestlemania. Too valuable not to be.

But that's a major possibility. I could also see Punk vs Barrett at Wrestlemania if it's booked that way.

Make you a deal, Joe. Bitch Bet - if I'm right and Punk vs Taker @ Wrestlemania occurs, you have to change your name for one month to "Clay's Gonna Kill You." Deal?

I am right with you man. First thing i thought after punk put the armband was taker vs punk at mania. Would be a fantastic match and pretty compelling buildup.

nah dont wanna see Punk-Taker again since Undertaker already buried him in their last feud back in 2009 (Punk hasnt been champ since then)

although i could see Punk-Cena feuding all the way until WM 27

Seeing I believe that Punk leading Nexus is just to keep Cena away from the Title until Mania it's possible. However WWE doesn't know about Taker's health so It's not a lock. My Gut right now says The Undertaker will face Triple H and it may be The last match for them both ever in the WWe.

I think WWE sort of shot themselves in the foot in a way, because I think you are dead right. CM Punk vs. Taker at Wrestlemania is definitely a distinct possibility, and Cena is way too huge to leave out of a title match. The problem is the WWE has done a very good job building up this Cena vs. Punk feud, and now that Nexus is involved it has become even more interesting.

However, Cena vs. Punk will not be as big a match as Cena vs. Miz for the WWE Championship or Cena vs. Orton for the WWE Championship.

Furthermore, with Taker being out until shortly before Mania, it could be tricky putting him into an interesting program with anyone because he has been off television for so long. The only people he has recent history with are Kane and Nexus. Kane vs. Taker has been done to death, and while doing it again wouldn't be unheard of, I'm sure the WWE Creative staff is looking for other options. I can see the Nexus attack on Taker somehow turning into an Undertaker vs. Punk feud which will carry into Wrestlemania.

Basically, here's what I foresee happening. I'm only attempting to scratch the surface here, as I really don't know how the WWE can move from storyline to storyline so quickly.

CM Pun and Cena feud up to Royal Rumble. Neither participate in the Rumble, and instead have a separate grudge match. Cena is attacked by Nexus but manages to pull out a victory.

Wade Barrett removes himself from the entire Nexus situation by winning the Rumble and challenging Edge. (I'm not in love with this, but it might happen considering the lack of main event heels on Smackdown right now)

Cena vs. Nexus ends after a 12 man main event tag match sees a team of Cena and other superstars wronged by Nexus (Truth, Henry, etc.) beat CM Punk and Nexus.

John Cena moves on to challenge Miz.

CM Punk and Nexus move onto The Undertaker and the streak.

The only problem with Punk vs Taker is....it has been done too many times to be a fresh match and Undertaker has defeated Punk too many times that Punk can't be considered a threat to The Streak anymore:

1. September 13, 2009--WWE Breaking Point: C.M. Punk defeated The Undertaker in a Submissions match to retain the World title!
2. October 4, 2009--WWE Hell in a Cell: The Undertaker defeated C.M. Punk in a Hell in a Cell to win the World Heavyweight title.
3. October 23, 2009--SmackDown!: The Undertaker defeated C.M. Punk with the Hell's Gate to retain the World Heavyweight title.
4. October 25, 2009--WWE Bragging Rights: Undertaker beat Batista and Rey Mysterio and C.M. Punk to retain the World title.
5. September 10, 2010--SmackDown!: The Undertaker defeated C.M. Punk.

And I'm sorry for saying this, but Punk and Taker didn't have a good chemistry together. None of their matches can be considered half decent, let alone classic. It's ironic, seeing how Taker got classic matches with people far more talentless in wrestling skill than Punk like with Hogan (Survivor Series 1991), Yokozuna (Royal Rumble 1994), Diesel (Wrestlemania 12), and Batista (Wrestlemania 23).

But I won't deny the fact that Punk is far more qualified to be added to The Streak than Sheamus and Wade.

I posted a couple days ago that I didn't think Nexus was done and it would somehow get back to the Undertaker attack eventually...this could certainly be that. Maybe Undertaker is who Punk was talking about at the Slammy's. Rememeber that the Undertaker-HBK rematch buildup began at the Slammy's last year. I'm convinced, though...I think Punk/Cena might last until Wrestlemania.

Honestly, I'm thinking maybe Punk/Taker is the plan right now, but they're going to leave Punk/Cena available in case Taker isn't healthy in time.

It's all a matter of time. It will come down to how the Undertaker recovers from his injury/surgery. If he heals before Wrestlemania, I guarantee he'll be fighting Punk in April. If he is unable to get back in the ring, then this story hasn't necessarily fallen apart just yet. They can work Cena into the picture easily and possibly make the match for the WWE title a triple-threat brawl. I don't believe John Morrison is going to be thrown out of this after next week.

I do not think that Vince McMahon plans on ever letting Undertaker put someone over at Wrestlemania. But, if(and that's a big "if") they decided to do it, the Superstar to end the streak should be an up-and-comer. My preference would be for Ted DiBiase, Jr. I think DiBiase is an excellent wrestler who doesn't get the respect that he deserves. It would also be kind of cool since The Million Dollar Man brought The Undertaker into the WWE. Why not have his sone end "The Streak"???

After seeing last nights Raw with Cena/Nexus/Punk i cant help but wondering what if Cena gets beat down week after week, then Undertaker makes a surprise return because lets face it WWE have done this in the past before with Cena etc So lets say around RR/NWO time, Cena now with Barret (who is now a face) have a 5 on 3 handicap match at either RR/NWO and Cena/Barrett can pick a partner of their choosing, then Undertaker makes an EARLY return to take on the Nexus with Cena/Barret. After the match i can see 'Taker doing something to Barrett to get even for BA, the Cena/Taker have a stare down... So basically in time for WM27 then Punk/Nexus vs. Wade Barrett and the match EVERYONE wants to see Cena vs. Undertaker. Because tbh Cena is the only person who should face him this year, because all the others would be a let down after the past 2 WMs... what you guys think...?

1. September 13, 2009--WWE Breaking Point: C.M. Punk defeated The Undertaker in a Submissions match to retain the World title!
2. October 4, 2009--WWE Hell in a Cell: The Undertaker defeated C.M. Punk in a Hell in a Cell to win the World Heavyweight title.
3. October 23, 2009--SmackDown!: The Undertaker defeated C.M. Punk with the Hell's Gate to retain the World Heavyweight title.
4. October 25, 2009--WWE Bragging Rights: Undertaker beat Batista and Rey Mysterio and C.M. Punk to retain the World title.
5. September 10, 2010--SmackDown!: The Undertaker defeated C.M. Punk.

And I'm sorry for saying this, but Punk and Taker didn't have a good chemistry together. None of their matches can be considered half decent, let alone classic. It's ironic, seeing how Taker got classic matches with people far more talentless in wrestling skill than Punk like with Hogan (Survivor Series 1991), Yokozuna (Royal Rumble 1994), Diesel (Wrestlemania 12), and Batista (Wrestlemania 23).

But I won't deny the fact that Punk is far more qualified to be added to The Streak than Sheamus and Wade.

Holy shit. I was on deployment from April of 09 till December of 09 and of course we cant keep up with WWE. I could use the internet to keep up but I dont, the bandwidth is to small, its take forever for pages to load up so I had NO idea that Taker and Punk have had so many matches. Punk even won one of the matches cleanly huh? Thats pretty cool. I wouldnt have thought their paths crossed so many times in 2009.

Not to highjack the thread and go off topic but the front page is reporting that Brock wants out of the UFC and wants to be a part of Mania and if thats so, then obviously it would be Taker/Brock. It wouldnt be a match I would personally crave but it would sell like a mother fucker.

wreslte mania is 3 ppvs away and i believe that wwe is already coming up with one of the matches. so a while back nexus made their debut and attacked cena. then at survivor series they attacked the undertaker. john cena beat the crap out of wade barret taking him out of action then the next night cm punk attacked john cena and then joined the nexus to become a leader. what if wade barret went to cm punk for help to get rid of john cena and then undertaker comes to the rescue. we all know that taker is hurt and might not be able to compete at wm but what if they did a tag match with wade barret and cm punk vs john cena and the undertaker. taker could probably hold his own in a tag match and could tag in and out if he needed to. thoughts on my idea?

I have to say, if WWE Creative throws Wade Barret against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania just for the Undertaker to loose his streak against Barret, Well, I'll be the first to say I QUIT. I will not be watching WWE any longer. Not that it matters as I am 1 fan, but, seriously...

What are your thoughts about this? I saw this on the wrestlezone home page - WWE Creative is playing with the idea of having Wade take on the Undertaker.

Man, Wrestlemania matches against the Undertaker are reserved for Established Strong Characters NOT newbies such as the likes of Wade Barret. Don't get me wrong, Wade is coming along well, but still, Do you realize that anyone who beats The Undertaker at Wrestlemania will have such a CATAPULT in his career! There are plenty of others I could think of to give that to instead of a newbie as Wade Barret.

PISS POOR MOVE for Creative to do in my opinion, and I believe it is a strong well proven pointed opinion too.

Will taker even be right to wrestle 1v1 by Mania?

Last i read (can't remember where..) there were thoughts he may not be...

On this match, i don't see it happening, i am very keen to find out from NEXUS why they attacked Undertaker though.

I've heard the rumour of Barrett possibly being Taker's opponent but nothing about him winning, and he wont. Barrett will get the rub by Taker carrying him to a solid match, and in turn Barrett becomes #19 so Taker can hit 20 and retire at Wrestlemania 28.

I have to say, if WWE Creative throws Wade Barret against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania just for the Undertaker to loose his streak against Barret, Well, I'll be the first to say I QUIT. I will not be watching WWE any longer. Not that it matters as I am 1 fan, but, seriously...

What are your thoughts about this? I saw this on the wrestlezone home page - WWE Creative is playing with the idea of having Wade take on the Undertaker.

Man, Wrestlemania matches against the Undertaker are reserved for Established Strong Characters NOT newbies such as the likes of Wade Barret. Don't get me wrong, Wade is coming along well, but still, Do you realize that anyone who beats The Undertaker at Wrestlemania will have such a CATAPULT in his career! There are plenty of others I could think of to give that to instead of a newbie as Wade Barret.

PISS POOR MOVE for Creative to do in my opinion, and I believe it is a strong well proven pointed opinion too.

How the F did you get from Barrett might take on Undertaker to Barrett would win?????????????? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

That makes no sense. I've read that Barrett might take on Undertaker in plenty of places, and not one of them mentioned the possibility of him winning. Again, ?????????????? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back