**MERGED** Stable Ideas (keep it in here!!)

Who should join Punk/Lesnar/Heyman?

• Ryder

• Kidd

• Kofi

• the Sheild

• Someone from nXt

• No one

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Horseman were my favorite group of all time and even though I think "Stables" are played out, if done right it could work. Obviously you start with Flair as the manager/mentor. I think Ziggler in the Flair role is the perfect way to spring him into the main event picture. He desperately needs something to break him through. I would say Cesaro as the #2 (big up and coming star similar to Windham and Luger) as far as a Tag Team, I guess Rhodes and Sandow make the most sense of the current teams but I like Sandow's current gimmick and I don't think it fits the Horesman vibe. I would be more interested in a Rhodes/Mcgillicuty (Henning) tag team. It make sense considering their dad's past involvement with Flair and the Horseman.

As I have been thinking of a possbile WWE Horsemen group with Flair as a manager, I could see it used as the catalyst for the ultimate end game of Ziggler v Rhodes. I hold out hope (and have to believe) that this fued is in WWE's plan somewhere down the road and The Horsemen could be a great way to kick it off. You have Ziggler in the lead role and Rhodes in the group as well. Over time, RHodes starts getting stronger and winning programs and than there comes a time where he would challenge Ziggler for the top spot.

I've said it on a similar topic before but a great faction would be one with all the guys that were huge in the indies. With Heyman as the mouth piece it would be awesome. You could have guys who could compete and hold every title.

CM Punk (leader) WWE Champion
Daniel Bryan (2nd in command/Co Leader) WHC
Antonio Cesaro - US\IC champ
Cassius Ohno US\IC Champ
Bring the Rotunda bros up from nxt as tag champs. Now that folks is the makings of a GREAT stable

The Big Show now has the World Heavyweight championship. CM Punk still has the WWE championship. The NEW Dangerous Alliance is in play now! With Brock Lesnar still under WWE contract until the next Wrestlemania. What should Paul Heyman do with this faction if it were to go down like that?

Bring in Tensai as the group enforcer or goon as Matt Bloom aka Tensai is also "a Paul Heyman guy" And there you have it! And with the return of the original Paul Heyman-guy Mick Foley. Have a storyline with the Dangerous Alliance 2.0 built around him. And it could come out looking as great as the storyline with Mick Foley teaming up with Edge back in 2006!

:D

This is something I would really like to see happen. Haymen has always been good at getting guys over on the Mic and could really help elevate a lot of the guys on the roster and these would be the guys I would have join THE DANGEROUS ALLIANCE 2.0

1. Lesner
2. Big Show
3. C M Punk
4. The Prime Time Playerz
5. Cesaro

So I got to thinking. Legacy didn't really get to be what it could have been and there are currently quite a few second/third generation superstars in the WWE so why not give it a second go but with some different members and a better meaning? Here's my group, name yours.

Cody Rhodes- Leader. He's ready to be a leader. He has the look, the skills and the persona of someone who could run a group.

Michael McGillicutty (re-named Joe Henning)- Mid Carder/Tag Team. Have him interfere and help Cody in one of his matches and then the next week announce that since he's aligned himself with a group of perfection, he's taking back his father's name.

Ted Dibiase- Mid Carder/Tag Team- Have him say he's fed up with going nowhere and at one point he was in the running to be a star. Have him join and become tag partners with Joe Henning.

Natalya- The Diva/Manager. Typical diva role in the group. Pretty much the same thing she did in the Hart Dynasty.

This might not be a great idea but it still beats the holy hell out of the 3MB...

With so many 2nd generation talents in WWE, I'd go with a Nexus style takeover gimmick. Legacy 2.0 should be a blowout of the idea, because I doubt we'll ever get another opportunity to use so many 2nd generation stars with such memorable fathers.

Randy Orton should definitely lead the group, especially since he tends to work best as a heel anyway. I'd like to see him reintroduce the group by first ambushing a main event with the other 2 original members, Cody and Ted. For this to work, they'd have to go against the top babyface in the company. If Ryback successfully enters the main event and wins a championship, this would pose a great threat to him and make his first title reign exciting. Furthermore, if Ryback runs through Legacy, it gives them incentive to add members. All members would wear a specific Legacy t-shirt with a distinct, easily recognizable design.

Ultimately I'd use the following talents:

Randy Orton - Leader, main talker of the group and main eventer. I would like to have Orton win the WWE or WHC title with obvious help from his new, massive stable.

Cody Rhodes - 2nd in command, possible attempts to become leader and ultimately would be the catalyst for the stable ending. Cody would push drama in this stable by feeling in Orton's shadow this 2nd time around.

Ted DiBiase - ring tactician, intimidator. I'd shave DiBiase's hair down to a close crew cut so he looks meaner. His current hairdo looks like a banker or fratboy.

Bo Dallas - Young, hungry apprentice to Orton. Dallas would utilize some of Orton's signature moves so he would appear to be a student of Orton. Rhodes resents Dallas, and will try to undermine Dallas' contributions to Legacy.

Mike McGillicutty - Powerful monster. Grow his hair and beard out so he looks more like a rugged beast. Demands to be known only as "Mike Perfect" and debuts a new style of Jacknife Powerbomb called "Perfect Storm"

Richie Steamboat - High flying apprentice to Rhodes. Eventually feuds with Bo Dallas after Legacy breaks up, but would often tag team with Dallas while the stable is intact.

Natalya - Mouthpiece and manager for all talents in the group, would always be at ringside for Legacy matches and often gets involved. Would be cool to see her carry a signature foreign object like a spike or brass knuckles.

Legacy worked because of Randy Orton. Cody Rhodes is not a Main Event talent yet so giving him his own stable would be pointless right now

Everybody likes the idea of factions. Sadly, everybody seems to like the idea of re-creating old factions. Why create Legacy 2.0 when nothing good came out of Legacy 1? Dibiase is irrelevant and Cody Rhodes has been stuck in the mid-card (where he should stay in my opinion). You're idea is basically to put Legacy back together but subtracting Randy Orton and adding Michael McGillicutty and Natalya?

3MB is supposed to be a comedy act. This would be one by accident. The leader is nothing more than a former IC champion. Who is going to take them seriously?

Legacy worked because of Randy Orton. Cody Rhodes is not a Main Event talent yet so giving him his own stable would be pointless right now

Everybody likes the idea of factions. Sadly, everybody seems to like the idea of re-creating old factions. Why create Legacy 2.0 when nothing good came out of Legacy 1? Dibiase is irrelevant and Cody Rhodes has been stuck in the mid-card (where he should stay in my opinion). You're idea is basically to put Legacy back together but subtracting Randy Orton and adding Michael McGillicutty and Natalya?

3MB is supposed to be a comedy act. This would be one by accident. The leader is nothing more than a former IC champion. Who is going to take them seriously?
I completely agree. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of stables, but I think recreating Legacy could potentially be a wash. I think Cena turning heel and joining up with Ziggler, Rhodes, Sandow etc. could make for an awesome, fresh faction. I would like to throw Punk in there as well, but as much as I can't stand Cena, I enjoy watching him and Punk work against each other.

Sorry, slightly off topic. If legacy were to reform at this point, it would almost certainly have to include Orton to work imo.

Definitely has to include Orton. Not enough star power to carry it's self without a main event talent and Orton is the biggest 2nd/3rd generation star in the company. I also like the idea of it being a bigger faction then the original 3 in Legacy. Try to make it a Nexus like takeover. Agree Orton/Rhodes/DiBiase/Henning/Bo Dallas but I actually like Steamboat as being a recruit to Legacy but shunning them to go against them with their adversaries (presumably the Smackdown faces lead by Sheamus). I think it would be a good story line for Smackdown and give some interest to the show and bring Orton back as a high powered heel for the brand.

This probably won't happen since it's looking like Ziggler will soon be going to Smackdown to be the Heavyweight Champ and starting a program with Orton to lead into Wrestlemania. But it's always fun to put together factions.

Another potential concern the WWE may have is Orton's reliability. He already has two strikes against him. Let's hope he keeps his nose clean because losing him would be very detrimental to the Smackdown brand.

edit: and isn't he leaving to film a movie soon?

While I like your idea because WWE needs more factions & it's giving something to guys that have nothing, that's the problem, those have almost nothing!

I tend to lead towards some of the comments above. While I think that plenty good came from Legacy, it mostly worked because of Orton & the fact that Orton was using his history with Triple H to add layers & get him involved with the McMahons.

While Cody Rhodes would make a better team leader than Heath Slater, that doesn't say a thing! It doesn't mean he will be a good leader by any means. And while I have enjoyed his work, Cody Rhodes is no Ric Flair or Triple H or a World Champion team leader.

Ted Dibiase could use something like this, my only problem is how much it will point out how far he has fallen. He became the #2 to Orton after Manu was fired & now he would be the #2 or maybe even #3 to Cody Rhodes?!?!?! That just SCREAMS future endeavored to me!

Joe Hennig on the other hand has tremendous potential, would work great in a stable or faction, & hasn't recieved hardly any the oppritunities or scuccess that the others have. But he could realistically be inserted into almost any faction at this point.

Natalya is great & could be doing alot more but she has basically risen to the "big leagues" in WWE for females & already won the Divas Championship. For her to become a valet or manager would be an even bigger step down IMO & would leave the Divas division w/o their best in-ring talent (besides Sara Del Ray).

So while I would love to see some new factions or even some old ones revived, and obviously WWE is okay with making pointless stables of nobodies like 3MB, I don't think Legacy has any legs for a revival. And I don't think taking out the best part of the old Legacy to add a Diva & a younger talent w/o much exposure is the right way to go.

Is that the only thing you have on your brain? Fantasy booking? For Christs sake, at least pick a stable that was good. Or hell, why even rehash a stable in the first place. Legacy died out for a reason if memory serves. And why does there have to be a particular place for each person? This ain't TV Tropes. Last I recall, the actual Legacy was just Orton and a tag team.

ROFL oh killjoy.... You crack me up. LAWL!!!! :lol: To comment on others ideas, Orton in the group could be good too and I like the one idea about making Legacy similar to Nexus. Anyways, its just an idea to talk about. If it offends you that bad Killjoy then simply don't comment.

Legacy was so bland. Cody and Ted were dead with the crowd and having Orton lead them only further showed how much nobody cared about those two. He completely overshadowed them. I feel like the stable actually held them all back

Maybe they would be better off in a second go-around with your suggestion of Cody as the leader. & each member needs to have a distinct character so they don't become generic lackeys like Cody & Ted were the first time

Actually it would be interesting if they tried this as a face stable. I just don't want to see anymore cocky 2nd/3rd/whatever gen. heels anymore, its a tired gimmick when that's all you have as your gimmick

I can see your stable working, and I would also throw Primo in there, seeing he is Carlos Colon's son.

I'd like to see Primo included in a push like this as well, definitely

It's an idea worth trying. Rhodes needs something to do, unless they plan on making the Rhodes Scholars tag team a permanent thing, which I doubt. Out of the guys the thread starter suggested he'd be the best candidate to lead the group and it's a chance for him to climb further up the card if it works out well. It's also a good way to bring McGillicutty back onscreen more often if he will be involved. Dibiase I'm not sure if he should be involved again. Sure it gives him something to do, but I'd rather see him being one of the faces that ends up feuding with Rhodes and this group. Then again, being a part of this stable is better than doing nothing and they could always tease tension between Ted and Cody later down the line. Natalya as a diva addition is an idea that I like.

The main problem I see with this idea for a stable is that it does not have somebody like Orton who WWE can depend on to carry it. Rhodes would find himself in a sink or swim scenario, if this stable fails then I can easily see him being de-pushed as a result. The original Legacy worked because it had Orton to carry it while the tag team of Rhodes and Ted were learning from him, leading up to what was supposed to be career breakout moments for them. Unfortunately that did not happen. This Legacy 2 idea is worth looking into, but I highly doubt it would ever happen. Maybe sometime in the future when Rhodes has established himself more and won a world title or two, then he can lead a Legacy type stable the way Orton did. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this if they tried it though.

Evolution is considered by many one of the best stables formed in the WWE in recent memory. It's concept was simple, yet impactful: The Past, the present, and the future. It consisted of Ric Flair (The Past), Triple H (The then present), and Randy Orton and Batista (The then future). Utimately, evolution was able to keep Triple H on top during its beginning years and was able to put over and set up Randy Orton and Batista as the future stars of the WWE. My question to you guys is: If Evolution was to form today or if WWE were to resurrect it, who would be in it? My Evolution stable would consist of the following superstars:

The Past: Booker T
Booker T is perhaps the only full time talent in the WWE who has had an incredibly decorated past and is pretty much retired from in-ring competiton. He can perhaps lace up the boots one more time and have a few matches here in there while filling in that manager position much like Ric Flair did for Evolution.

The Present: CM Punk
CM Punk is without a doubt the best heel in the WWE right now, much like Triple H was back in '03. His guidance and dominance can shape the future of the WWE, and CM Punk has enough star power and talent to make almost anything work.

The Future: Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes
They are already an impressive tag team, why not align them with CM Punk to help further their careers? Sandow and Rhodes are future World Champions, they just perhaps need that extra guidance and wisdom.

Evolution was one of the best groups in wrestling history. They had a format that would need to be followed closely if the group were to be brought back. Past, Present, Future. The actual Evolution group had Flair representing the Past, Triple H for the Present, and then Orton as well as Batista representing the future. I would follow this same formula if Evolution were ever to return. The theme music they used originally absolutely would need to return with them. That song was simply amazing. As long as Triple H is part of the team then there's no reason why the same song from the original group cannot be used. With that being said, let's discuss the potential members.

The one representing the Past next time around, in all fairness, has to be Triple H. He was in the role of representing the Present the first time and it has now been almost 10 years since the original Evolution. Who else could they place in the role of representing the Present than his friend, Sheamus? Everyone's favorite Celtic Warrior could turn heel again to be the representative of the Present in a new Evolution. Sandow has a bright future in WWE, and could represent the Future. I would also throw in Ryback as their enforcer and the secondary representative of the Future. It wouldn't be anywhere near as good as the original Evolution but it's a fun idea to think about and I certainly wouldn't be against seeing it take place.

I like your idea, but with a tweak or two. With Flair coming back, I would have both him AND Triple H being the leaders of the group. Automatic attention. Then they will cut a promo turning them both heel while also saying they're taking over WWE again, hint at HBK joining them during the promo to confuse crowd, say its someone they worked with before, then they introduce the next member of their stable as the best wrestler today, and it is Randy Orton, turning him heel. Then after a couple of weeks of tormenting guys like Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio, Justin Gabriel, and Tyson Kidd, Ryback comes rushing to the ring but instead of saving whoever Evolution is attacking, he joins them. Orton grabs the mic and says "You witnessed evolution before, you are witnessing Evolution again. The game HHH and Ric Flair are the greatest superstars of the past, im the best wrestler right now, Ryback will be the best in the future. " Next Raw, they come out to Evolution music for the first time to major boos and heat. They say they found 2 up and comers over the past week and they are both going to be future superstars and hall of famers. RhodesScholars come out and join evolution, Orton says he is taking Rhodes under his wing again and that he has a bright future. commercial break. Then we could have guys like Punk and Cena teaming up against evolution to create cool storyline. Over the next month, Sandow and Rhodes become tag champs, and in 4 months they lose and Rhodes attacks Sandow, leading Sandow to be kicked out of the group. Then rhodes says he has a new tag team partner and out comes ted Dibiase jr, so legacy can reform. Over next year, Rhodes becomes WHC and decides to leave evolution and form a new stable called the fortunate sons. It is composed of Dibiase, Mcgillicutty who will start going out as joe hennig, obviously rhodes, and suprise member Alberto Del Rio. Then these 2 factions would fued and we would have epic storylines!!! Also, HHH, Flair, and Orton would make a VERY authentic feel to the whole Evolution Part II.*I think this would create some of the best promos in recent memory with Punk, Orton, Flair, HHH, Sandow, Rhodes, Punk, Cena, and others cutting great promos week after week*.

I think that Evolution ran his course and I don't want to see it repackaged for now. I think that they tried something with Legacy, but they didn't use the past guy. It worked it was cool, but nowadays heels just hate everybody, till of course WWE gets near to Survivor Series and then they will be the best buddies ever.

If some sort of stable was created it had to be different from that and it had to revolve around some NXT guys as I can't find anything that links the current stars into create a stable. Maybe they actually put Paul Heyman running things with CM Punk, The Big Show and other two guys and that's the similar thing you'll have to Evolution. It will make no sense, but if they want those two guys are a must.

But following the fact that they were actually thinking about re-forming Evolution those are the guys I would put in:

- Kevin Nash? - The Past
- Wade Barrett - The Present
- Drew McIntyre - The Future
- Cody Rhodes - The Future

I know it doesn't make any sense at all, but at least Barrett has the background of a leader character, must like HHH had when they mixed him into Evolution. But I would have to make Nash come out as a friend to Barrett, help him in some sort of match and work the creation of a team. Nash was a big part of NWO, Barrett the biggest part about NXT and those last two guys are just randomly given as I feel they are the <30 years old with more potential.

You'd might as well call this stable, "Don't You Wish I Was My Dad Instead?"

With the exception of Cody Rhodes and Natalya, every other wrestler with a pedigree has been dull as dirt. However, it is a step up from 3MB...athough 3MB is the lowest the bar can go.

I know my idea is played out, but here it goes:

Past: William Regal
Present: Wade Barrett
(WWE has already acknowledged on TV that Regal helps out Barrett)
Future: Drew McIntyre
Future: Mason Ryan

All four men draw paralleles to their Evolution counterparts.
Regal as the dirty fighting old vet
Wade Barrett as the top level guy with great leadership skills
McIntyre with all the talent in the world, but no direction
Mason Ryan the green powerhouse that needs a group to show him along

I know "they shouldn't be in a group together because they all have accents". The accents help the group get over as a more cohesive unit quicker in the eyes of American fans. I know it's popular for the internet to hate on race based groups, but history shows, they work.

If Evolution were to be resurrected today I think it could definitely work. As has been previously stated, Triple H was "the present" in the original Evolution, so now 10 years later it would make sense for Triple H to represent "the past" and serve as the mentor of the group. As for "the present" of this new Evolution I'd have to go with Wade Barrett as he is reminiscent of a young Triple H in many ways and I'm a huge fan of his. I think seeing Barrett wearing a suit and carrying the World Title, with Triple H by his side, would be pretty sweet. Barrett has the potential to be a great heel and this could help him get there. As for "the future" I'd go with Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow. These are two solid young wrestlers who can get it done both in the ring and on the mic. They could work together and win the Tag-Team Titles, or they could compete individually for the IC and US Titles. Cody Rhodes, being a second generation star, has a similar pedigree to Randy Orton in the original Evolution so I think he fits in quite well. Damien Sandow was trained by Killer Kowalski, who also trained Triple H, so there's an excellent connection there, not to mention the fact that Sandow is somewhat reminiscent of the blue blood Hunter Hearst Helmsley character.
So there you have it, my modern version of Evolution would be:
Triple H - The Past (manager/part-time competitor)
Wade Barrett - The Present (World Heavyweight Champion)
Cody Rhodes - The Future (Tag-Team Champion or IC Champion)
Damien Sandow - The Future (Tag-Team Champion or US Champion)

Another option they could go with for a new Evolution would involve having Ric Flair in the mentor position once again. If they do indeed bring Flair back to the WWE, this could be perfect. Have Ric Flair as "the past", managing the group, then have Dolph Ziggler cash-in MITB to become World Champion, and have him represent "the present". Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow could still be used to represent "the Future".
So this version of Evolution would be:
Ric Flair - The Past (manager)
Dolph Ziggler - The Present (World Heavyweight Champion)
Cody Rhodes - The Future (Tag-Team Champion or IC Champion)
Damien Sandow - The Future (Tag-Team Champion or US Champion)

It's important that they recognize however, that if they create a new version of Evolution, they have to be willing to go all the way with it. They can't book the group in the same way they booked Legacy. Each member individually has to appear strong, and then collectively they are made to be even stronger. One of the problems with Legacy was that they never really had a moment where they stood tall as a faction, and all held gold together for an extended period. That is essential when it comes to booking a heel faction. To make a new Evolution work, you'd have to be committed to having "the Present", whoever you deem that to be, as the World Champion for a long run, with the other 2 active members of the group holding titles as well, whether they be singles titles like the IC/US or the Tag-Team Titles, or even both. You have to build the faction up, so that when they are knocked down it has that much more meaning and impact.

I think there are too many super stars from the newer generation. You’re going to end up with a NWO type of roster with like 20 members. I think it would just ok if maybe for bragging right or survivor series they have elimination tag match. Kind of our family is better than your type of story. There are just too many people to go that route.
I think they should just make stables, factions, and tag teams. That would be enough instead of jamming people together. You can always upgrade or improvise older factions and teams or change it up a little but keep the gimmick of the team or stable. Like Money Inc, always buying people off or the 4 horsemen, they had a mix of everything from wrestlers, brawlers, and talkers.

Such as;
Money Inc 2.0 - Ted Debiase Jr and Otunga(because is kind of like an IRS agent way). I would go as far as putting Richardo with them so it looks like Debiase bought because everybody has a price.

The Cartel - Del Rio, Camacho, and Hunico. They would do more run-ins and jump people.

Reality of Rock - The Miz and Heath Slater; Just think it would work well with their gimmicks.

4 Horsemen -Flair (manager), Ziggler, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, and Sandow. These do not have to be the members but it would be a start. Plus there is no other way I would want to see Flair in the ring besides as a manager.

Critical Force (I don’t know) - Mason Ryan and Ezekiel Jackson. He need a power team so run rough shot then when they get beat it ups others creditability.

There would be more. I just think creative should start being creative is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back