**MERGED** Stable Ideas (keep it in here!!)

Who should join Punk/Lesnar/Heyman?

• Ryder

• Kidd

• Kofi

• the Sheild

• Someone from nXt

• No one

Results are only viewable after voting.
A faction of "Paul Heyman guys" could be something that's interesting. I wouldn't hold my breath, however, on Brock Lesnar being a part of it. Brock Lesnar is pretty much a mercenary. He likes to make a lot of money without really having to do a whole lot of work. One reason why MMA appealed to him so much is that he could show up once every 6 or 8 months, have a single fight, cash a major paycheck and then not have to fight again for another half a year or more. In a way, his current WWE deal is like that. Lesnar isn't interested in being really even a part time wrestler, but Lesnar has helped jack up the ppv buys by a significant margin that he's appeared on so WWE has had to settle for using him as a special attraction. I read an article a while back saying that Lesnar only had about a dozen or so appearances left in his current contract, so we probably won't see Brock Lesnar until it really gets time for the final big push towards WrestleMania. If he signs another WWE deal after that, it'll probably be along the same lines as his first one.

As far as a group of "Paul Heyman guys", I'd rather see a group of indy guys formed into a group with CM Punk as the leader. It could be used as a way to bring in guys from NXT to the main roster, such as Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, maybe someone like Antonio Cesaro and Kassius Ohno. Guys who are "indy guys" are the ones that are probably most likely to be labeled as "Paul Heyman guys" Having CM Punk as the leader of the group would be a good way to put these guys in the middle of a high profile angle. The key to the success would be for each wrestler to contibute to the group in their own way rather than having a bunch of followers following a single charismatic leader like we saw with Nexus.

It'd be a great way for WWE to put attention on a handful of new, fresh stars in the company in a meaningful way. If WWE did go this direction and Vince stepped out of the way to let Triple H ultimately decide how to book the group, it could be a huge success because Trips believes in those wrestlers.

I wluldnt mind it honestly. Problem is Lesnar wont make that many appearances which would sort of rely on big show and punk to carry the stable. Punk could carry it but would big show be a solid 2nd command? Is big show still a big draw? Many questions would need to be addressed for this to happen. This is why I'd want lesnar to be full time so he and punk could lead the team. This likely wont happen but it was to happen I could see a team of heels joining. Could we see something like this at survivor series? If it happens, it would most likely be without lesnar. But no doubt I would most definitely want to see this play out.

As much as I hate the fascination and constant desire people seem to have for factions, I've gotta say this one could potentially happen. However, if it's gonna happen it'd have to be Lesnar, Punk, maybe The Big Show if they need the added numbers, any mid-card heel you like be it Dolph Ziggler or Cody Rhodes or even a guy like Drew McIntyre or Joe Hennig to boost that guy and then finally someone for the future like Dean Ambrose who we know Punk and Heyman both like. However, finding people to feud with for a stable this size would be difficult for any time other than Survivor Series. I'm really not a fan of singles competition with people representing groups throughout the night but, I guess if Punk would be in the WWE title picture, Lesnar would be in a feud and the bottom two would be in a tag-team match it'd probably work out ok.

My version of it would have to be Lesnar, Punk, McIntyre and Dean Ambrose. I don't think Dolph needs a stable or a faction to get over or to advance but, I think someone like McIntyre or Hennig (if he brought up and pushed) could really benefit from it.

I think the idea of a Paul Herman faction has great potential .... Just picture the power house Brock ...... The cunning and talented cm punk .....Ziggler ...... Daniel bryan .... And for the first time since evolution they actually make a stable that dominates for a while and doesn't get beaten down by cena 0_0 .... They hold all the gold .....

Hopefully sparking the birth of another faction maybe even manned by hhh ! And we finally get our faction wars

No man. Just no. No Two Point Oh's. Stop it.

EV2 was wack enough. We need to stop this bullshit and be original.

You do realise EV2 was a completely different stable, in a completely different company, without Paul Heyman's input? EV2 was a bunch of ECW originals forming a faction in TNA. Nothing like The Dangerous Alliance.

Anyway, this would be a great idea. WWE usually introduces new stars with them beating jobbers week in week out, with no meaningful payoff. I like Jack-Hammers idea the most. Heyman could come out with each individual and progress them as there mouthpiece. Every once in a while they would help each other out as necessary, even having a tag team to really dominate and establish themselves. As well as 'Indy' guys, there could be one or two wrestlers already on the main roster who could join. Somelike like Cody Rhodes or Wade Barrett, who could say that they are sick of being misused by the WWE.

It is a good idea, however its unlikely to ever happen, but we can live in hope. The more they use Paul Heyman the better. Nobody can hype up a superstar like he can.

I would like a dangerous alliance but i just dont see a lot of wrestlers as dangerous... brock lesnar seems like it but not really anyone else. So they would def need a new name if it's going to be a faction with brock and punk at the leader position. Mcintyre looks stupid with the band... he is pretty much a nobody now, I would say Brock, Punk, R-truth and turn brodus heel. I would like that faction.

The second everyone started talking about Punk & Heyman & possibly leading a new nWo, my first thought was - Paul E. Dangerously & The Dangerous Alliance 2.0!

Let's face it, while nWo is pretty old now, it still get's brought up & I would assume most fans 12 & up would have atelast a vague idea about nWo. Not only do alot of young fans dont know much about Heyman but most people don't know or have completely forgotten about the Dangerous Alliance. And i feel, not only would it be alot more relevant than a rebirth of the nWo & makes more sense, but i think it could be VERY FRESH!

Factions seem to be more rare than fossils these days. Not only do I think a faction would generate interest, but a faction with the likes of Punk & Heyman that was given consitent time on TV could be amazing!

The last time a faction was the main focus of WWE programming was the Nexus & that worked VERY well......until the pay off & departure of Nexus. Which in this case would be pretty simple not to screw up since Heyman isn't full time, the story right now is all leading to Punk losing, & guys like Punk, Big Slow, & Lesnar couldn't stay together very long anyways.

It just makes perfect sense to me & that's why I don't see any of it happening.

It's too obvious & Vince never likes to do the obvious, unless it seems different or rattles people in some way. Not to mention this whole idea would involve Vince giving Heyman more power, control, & screen time, which I don't see happening anytime soon with Vince still in power.

So I'll keep my fingers crossed for "Dangerous Alliance V.2.0 vs. The McMahon Legacy" as Survivor Sries 2012, but I wouldn't hold my breathe.

I think it would be great. It getting closer to Survivor Series they could have a traditional tag team matches vs VKM guys. But I don’t thing people like Rhodes and Sandow need Haymen. They should maybe get people that can’t get over on the mic. I am not saying I'll be mad or disappointed it would be great. But there are people that need help on promos etc. that could really use his style. Also I wouldn’t want Ziggler to join either because Punk is WWE champ. He would always be #2 to Punk unless they dumped him like Evolution did to Randy.

Servivor Series Match
Hayman Guy's: Brock, Punk, Albert(Tensi), and Orton/Barrett
VS
VKM Guy’s: HHH, John Cena, Jack Swagger, and Ryback

Picked Orton, cause he wants to be heel, he is not that great in Promos and doesn’t talk much anyway. And he could bring up how he was never a VKM or HHH guy and brings up what happened in Evolution. Or Barrett. Let’s face it, he did not comeback with as of big of an impact as he should of. Hopefully Tensi will turn into an Albert character and team with Hayman.

Do you think WWE should re-sign Flair so they can create a new version of the 4 Horsemen? I think they should do it and have Orton be the leader with Flair playing the JJ Dillon role as Manager. I think they can combine Orton with Cesaro, Sandow, and throw in one up and comer to complete the group. Maybe have Kofi turn heel for the first time and join. They need to do something interesting because the product is pretty stale right now. Orton is awful as a babyface but pretty good as an arrogant heel. Do you think it could work?

Do you think WWE should re-sign Flair so they can create a new version of the 4 Horsemen? I think they should do it and have Orton be the leader with Flair playing the JJ Dillon role as Manager. I think they can combine Orton with Cesaro, Sandow, and throw in one up and comer to complete the group. Maybe have Kofi turn heel for the first time and join. They need to do something interesting because the product is pretty stale right now. Orton is awful as a babyface but pretty good as an arrogant heel. Do you think it could work?

Are you serious???? Orton?? The Horsemen were an elite group of guys. All of them were work horses and had strong personalities. Orton is as boring as watching grass grow when he is on a mic.

Cesaro I could see working in the group possibly. Kingston, no way. Sandow, nope. Kingston nor Sandow are guys that would fit well within a stable.

Nice thought, but don't think it would work. Besides, Orton was already in a 4 Horsemen remake. Evolution, anyone?

I think Orton does need to finally turn heel again, but he works better solo nowadays, anyway. The whole Legacy thing never really got off the ground and, IMHO, felt really forced. Being in Evolution helped catapult him, but since his character's more psychological and sociopathic, teaming him up with people regularly doesn't seem to fit his M.O. anymore.

Plus, Flair's basically on hold to come back until this lawsuit with TNA is done, so anything involving him won't happen anytime soon

Like what happened with Orton, guys like Ceasaro, Sandow and other young up-and-comers could benefit from a stable. Rhodes Scholars is working fairly well right now. Ceasaro needs to establish himself a bit more before taking that step. Still too green. Kofi does need some freshening up, but I think it will be hard to flip him without changing his entire character around. Plus, he also works better solo. Just my opinion.

Flair coming back and being a manager .. i believe would work .. maybe like for Prime Time Players ... but i agree the idea of recreating a horseman group has been done way to many times, Evolution...Fortune... the thing with Stables they all have to have a common goal .. what would be the goal now ... Flair (Heavyweight champ) Anderson & Blanchard (tag champs) Windom (US or TV champ) .. Dominating forces that could all be tag teams or single.... not many of those left now adays

Kofi turning yeah i agree he needs a new persona .. hes getting dry .. all his moves are the same anymore .... boom boom boom ... stop the taunting and get to work and just kick ass

im likeing thebeck idea for a match cept one thing ....
Team Heymans - Lesner, Punk, Tensi, Bigshow, Miz
Vs
Team McMahon - HHH, Ryback, Cena, Orton, and Shamus

this would be the way that Orton would be able to turn heel ... Team Heyman wins the match ... Orton turns shakes hands with Heyman, for about 2 months than Orton gets tired of his mouth piece (Heyman) and turns on him (granted that may get him more of a push to the mid-heel but that way it shows he dont care if your face or heel)

Basically that was what was done with Evolution, with Flair moving into the JJ Dillion managerial role and Triple H moving into the No. 1 star/lead heel role Flair used to play. Orton & Batista basically played the rising new comer role that guys like Arn Anderson and Lex Luger and later Chris Benoit played. The only difference was The Horsemen typically had one other legit top level singles star alongside Flair (originally Tully Blanchard, later on joined by Barry Whyndam, later Arn filled that role). Also, Flair was still competing, albeit on a limited basis, but as a legit threat (he won more matches than he lost, earning wins over HBK & Orton among others) and even won the tag title with Batista during Evolution, making him a more active participant than Dillion.

Flair as a manager certainly would work because he has done it well in the past. Any new group would need at least one major player as an anchor to give it credibility, in turn raising the profile of the younger talent involved. Who that would be is anyone's guess.

Because Flair quit TNA and the subsequent law suit over alleged contract tampering between the companies, chances of seeing Flair in WWE onscreen this year remain slim. However, Vince has always been a big fan of Flair, and much of the roster has positive relationships with him, including Cena, Orton, Taker, and of course HHH, so at some point I definately expect him to return in some capacity next year, if nothing else WWE can milk it to sell some more DVD's.

The WCW Dangerous Alliance had Rick Rude, Larry Legend, Arn Anderson, Steve Austin and Bobby Eaton in it. The only one who "needed" a mouthpiece was Eaton so I don't think you need to limit yourself to guys who can't get themselves over on the mic.

Heyman has always been golden and a Dangerous Alliance return would definitely be cool for the WWE.

a new 4 horsemen?
dolph ziggler- hes a born flair remake
ted dibiase-- he would fit in a stable well and needs the push now that i heard he turned heel
joe henning and brey wyatt--they worked great in nxt and as new nexus members. they would fill the tag team aspect very well

No. Please don't bring back another (newer) version of the 4 horsemen. Like someone said, the wwe tried to get another similar faction going back in 03 called evolution. This wont happen because flair isn't signed to the WWE, and why would he want to lead another dead end faction? Not only that but the WWE doesn't have any current wrestlers capable of achieving anything close to what the 4 horsemen did. I think it would be pretty dull if the WWE tried to pull something like this. The 4 horsemen are history. Be a fan, experience their tenure man.

Flair as a manager I think is a really good idea, but there have already been too many Horsemen remakes. The latest being Fourtune. I didn't mind the group at all, and I actually thought they were pretty good, but i think to do it again would definitely be overkill considering we also had Evolution. I say if they do sign Flair just let him manage one up and comer, and let him get over with Flair.

I think it would work. Just think about it. Its raw in Charlotte. Ric Flair appreciation night maybe? Hes around through out the night, mingling. During a select few maches maybe he comes out from behind the curtain to observe. No one thinks anything of it. Main event comes around, John cena vs dolph ziggler. Flair on commentary. All of a sudden shit goes down in the match amd dolph is joined in the ring by 3 other men. Lets just say its Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, and either barrett or ceasaro. The four of them are beating john cena like a government mule, so ric flair gets up, the crowd goes nuts as he grabs a chair and rolls his floppy skin into the ring once more. The cavelry retreats as Flair and Cena stand together triumphantly... and then... Cena turns... met with a steal chair in the gut... and a WOO! The troops roll in and resume the beatdown, and flair gets on the mic proclaiming this group of men to be... the NEW Four Horsmen. Raw ends with all four men standing tall over John Cena... each of them with four fingers in the air. Now you guys are going to sit there and honestly tell me that wouodnt ve one of the most awesome things ever? And yes, I know Sandows gimmick would have to change. Thats ok though.

Are you serious???? Orton?? The Horsemen were an elite group of guys. All of them were work horses and had strong personalities. Orton is as boring as watching grass grow when he is on a mic.

Cesaro I could see working in the group possibly. Kingston, no way. Sandow, nope. Kingston nor Sandow are guys that would fit well within a stable.

Yeah, Benoit had such a strong personality, so did Roma LMAO please Orton has plenty of personality & is damn sure a work horse. If you can't see that then you're just a blind hater. Enough with your non sense, I'd love to see a new Horsemen group. We haven't had one since 1999. I like the idea of Flair as the J.J. Dillon of the group who wrestler part time when it's called for. Add Orton as the front man, Barrett as the enforcer, & 2 young up & comers like Cody Rhoades & Cesaro & you have yourself one hell of a group of Horsemen.

WWE.com actually posted an article on legendary factions reborn and the 4 Horsemen was on it. Their lineup consisted of Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan and Wade Barrett. The way the article was written, Cody Rhodes was the 'leader' ala Ric Flair and Barrett the 'enforcer' ala Arn Anderson but there weren't any specific roles for Bryan and Ziggler other than their attitudes.

there's a few comments about how Brock Lesnar wouldn't fit into this, but he could easily fit into it as the 'enforcer', taking out guys just for fun. As he said, he's an ass kicker so that could easily be worked in.
I actually see him coming out and saving Punk from Ryback at HIAC, just because I could see Ryback being in the same sort of role on another side

Please don't bring up that god awful Fortune group from TNA. That was so shitty. lol. And there hasn't been 4 horsemen since the late 90's. Evolution was similar but it did not have the name. The whole point is to have the name and also so they can use the bad ass theme music.

I’m all for this idea!! Back in WWE 12 the video game, as soon as I heard Brock Lesnar was in the game, I immediately made the New Dangerous Alliance Tag Team with CM Punk and Brock Lesnar, using the Straight Edge Society entrance, with Brock in Luke Gallows spot. It fits, trust me, try it. I think in order for this to work, we would need more Stars. I’m thinking Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Big Show, The Miz, Antonio Cesaro, and the Rhodes Scholars. I’d even add Eve to the mix. Mission one, take all the Titles in the WWE. Mission two, take control of Raw and Smackdown, and in essence Main Event and Slam.

While the WWE have had similar groups to the Horsemen in recent years, there has never been a group in the WWE actually called the Horsemen. For that sole reaon alone I would want to see it. If for nothing else just to hear the Horsemen theme week in and week out would make it worth it (one of the greatest themes ever). If this were to happen if/when Flair comes back t the WWE this is how I would envision it.

Ric Flair: Manager
Dolph Ziggler: Leader of the group/ World Champ
Antonio Cesaro: Enforcer of the group/ US or IC champ
Prime Time Players: Tag Champs

You could also add a diva or two to the group as the Horsemen have had girls in the stable before. You could pick pretty much any diva who doesn't have much going on at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back