**MERGED** CM Punk Time Off Thread. (Keep it all here!)

I say something will develop between now and SummerSlam to pit Punk against Brock, Shield, and Heyman. When Living Colour hits on his return, he will get a monster pop.

I'm feeling a Cena heel turn between then and now as well, so that will freshen up that incredible rivalry.

just to let you all know according to WWE Ticket Section on WWE.com

CMPunk has been Officially PULLED from Extreme Rules PPV on Sunday 19th May 2013 as you will see here:
http://www.wwe.com/events/wwepresents-extremerules-stlouis

CMPunk has also been Officially Pulled from WWE ''LIVE'' Shows & WWE Raw World Tour Shows for the following dates ONLY ..........

Tuesday 16th April 2013 - Sunday 28th April 2013
Friday 3rd May 2013 - Friday 31st May 2013
Saturday 1st June 2013 - Sunday 9th July 2013
Friday 14th July 2013 - Friday 21st July 2013

apart from the dates above CMPunk is Currently ''STILL'' Advertised for all WWE PPV's from June 2013 to August 2013 and he's also advertised for all WWE Raw TV Tapings from Monday 29th April - Monday 17th June 2013

Being out until SummerSlam won't do any damage to Punk. He's insanely over at this point in his career and a long wait will only cause fans to go crazy once he finally does come back.

Given how he was written off television, everyone is ultimately wondering what's going to be next for him. Will he come back as a heel or a babyface? Who will he feud with next? Will he go after the WWE Championship upon returning? Will he go after the World Heavyweight Championship? Will he continue his feud with The Undertaker? Will Paul Heyman still be with him? These are all questions fans want to know and given how Punk has become a legit main eventer over the course of the last, roughly, 2 years, being out until SummerSlam won't damage him.

Punk's knees are said to be pretty banged up. The spot with Taker lying on the table at WM didn't do him any favors. He already had surgery once this year right in the midst of his WWE Championship run, so taking a good while to rest up and allow his body to heal will only help him out in the long run. It's too late if he tears his ACL or something and will be out for about a year.

My best guess is that CM Punk will return around July after Money in the Bank and start a feud with Brock Lesnar and that angle will also involve Paul HeyMan in some sort of fashion.

I've been thinking about how to bring Punk back.

One idea is to have Punk randomly make an appearance and screw somebody over at the Payback ppv, whether heel or face, to set up a feud with the person at Summerslam.

I have a feeling we are gonna see Punk vs Taker at summerslam in some type of gimmick match with Punk going over than seeing Punk vs Taker 2 at WM30. Just a gut feeling that this is where wwe will go with this.

The more interesting part of the story was that Punk was ready to quit... if that is actually true then there is something seriously wrong in WWE right now. Punk is known for being a "squeaky wheel" but with Dwayne's recent hijinks and now Punk being ready to walk away if needed then it does make you wonder whether it is the confusion over Vince/Trips being the boss that's causing problems or just that writers still "don't get it". It'd be interesting to know if it was because Taker refused to lose the streak or if Punk didn't want to work some of the Bearer angles.

As it stands, Punk out till Summerslam is only 3-4 months and not that unusual, Kane, Show, Taker all regularly take that amount of time out in an 18 month period and Punk is almost guaranteed to be face again to the crowds when he returns so it lets his heel deeds subside a bit.

They have some names to return like Christian, potentially RVD and maybe even Batista so Punk isn't going to be missed in the short term... but whatever they do they have to work on keeping him happy for the longer term as he is still crucial to them.

The more interesting part of the story was that Punk was ready to quit... if that is actually true then there is something seriously wrong in WWE right now.

Hard to say. I hadn't heard discussion about him quitting, but read some stuff recently about him being discontented with the direction of his character. But if he was ready to pack it in, it sounds like the same thing as two years ago, when he had "one foot out the door."

Now, if the reason he's getting a few months off is to soothe his wounded feelings, that's great for him, but if he's as high-maintenance as these rumors make it sound, even an "insanely over" performer reaches a point of diminishing returns.

I don't know what his difficulties with the company are (if any) but when I think of the guys sitting in the back, itching for some air time and wishing they could get Creative to write something for them, I'd like to think a guy who is featured as much as Punk could gain a little perspective on his situation.

I'd prefer to think he's happy with his employer and that the 3-4 months off are to rest the numerous injuries he's suffered.

I am glad he has taken some time off because he deserves it. The guy is awesomely good on the mic and in the ring. It's pretty obvious he is well *beaten* up and this is the time to relax and heal up. He will be back by Summerslam and will get the biggest pop when he returns but a week later he will get the loudest boo's because that's how good he is.

Punk will continue threatening to quit as long as he's sure WWE will give him what he wants when he sets his eyes on the revolving door. He's playing the industry because lets face it, he's becoming bigger than the company. Punk isn't the type of lapdog that Cena is. If he's unhappy with the product he has no problem walking out. Its the same we've seen with Lesnar, Batista, SCSA, and The Rock. Once these superstars become larger than the ship they're sailing on, they have no problem jumping off even if it means they'll drag the company overboard with them. I hope that he takes the time off that he needs and comes back with a cooler head for WWE's sake.

Well, as we all know, CM Punk has decided to take a short break from WWE to rest and heal but their is something you may not know..

I know this may sound hard to believe but honestly, I didn't believe it until I saw photos and back stories but a women at my work place, her family is good friends with The Undertaker and his first wife. She was telling me about how fantastic Taker is and when WWE came to England, they always met with him and when to the shows for support. They have met his current Wife, former WWE Diva, Michelle Mccool and said she is one of the nicest women you'll ever meet.

..Anyway, getting off track here.
So, she was telling me about the potential main reason for Punk taking absense. It was because he was complaining about being in programs with part time talents like Taker, Brock, HHH and Rock and was complaining that he felt like he couldn't do his best (in-ring wise) with these talents as he was told not to be at his best with them. That's why, when you see, well, for some people anyway, his matches with Daniel Bryan and younger talent are much, much more mat-based, fast paced and dangerous spots and more exciting to watch.

So, that's the main theory as to why Punk has took some time off. Believe me, don't believe me. This is true.

But he did an elbow drop from the top rope to the outside on Taker at Mania and their match was the match of the night, also went for a spot on the table with The Rock at both Rumble and Elimination Chamber, and if your referencing his feud with Triple H from 2011 didn't they also do a ton of spots in their match involving a steel chair or something? So straight off the bat that makes no sense.

Also, it was reported well before Mania that Punk would be taking time off post Mania before it was ever revealed he would be working with Taker, as far back as the Rumble he wasn't being advertisement for shows post-WrestleMania. So how would he know what pace Taker could/couldn't work? And considering his match with Taker was the exact opposite of what you claim he "opposes" this makes a ton of plotholes in your story.

I doubt the legitimacy of it but I'll stick with the fact he had knee surgery after Christmas, he was kept from working matches leading into Mania to protect his knee, he hurt it further at Mania due to the "not do dangerous" yet dangerous table spot and now hes taking proper time off after almost three years of constant ass busting to recover.

Is this the same C.M. Punk who wanted to take time off nearly two years ago but was persuaded to stay based on promises of what I'm guessing were a lengthy WWE Championship reign, a match with The Rock and full time headliner status just below Cena?

I imagine he's slightly jaded with wrestling and he wants to take time out to heal and recharge.

I doubt that Punk will be able to stay away for very long, if he does intend to leave for good. If his intention was to quit while the audience wants more, he'll eventually get an offer too sweet to resist.

Time off is probably a good idea since it seemed like a strategy to get the crowd to hate him by having him appear as often as possible so he would out wait his welcome. However, I was at the show when he fought The Rock and he had at least half the crowd cheering him over Rock. If he came back today, I think that reception would be just as loud as if he came back next year.
I'm sure that he wants to come back at a time when he's really needed. I doubt that he'll ever fued with Cena again, Cena doesn't need help getting booed. I figure that if they go the direction I hope they do, which is make a monster champion out of Ryback, they'll eventually bring in Punk to make it even more interesting.

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android

Me personally I think Punk deserves the time off just like most people believe so too. He doesn't need to leave for a year or anything like that but resting his mind and his body will do him good. But I guarantee when he comes back it will be the major storyline of WWE. Watching WWE the last two weeks have been terrible with Ryback and Cena. The only things that are actually good to watch is The Shield and waiting for the Orton heel turn.

Anyways, what is his role when he comes back? In my opinion I think he should team with Lesnar at PayBack or SummerSlam against HHH/Taker, i've always wanted to see "The Pual Heyman Guys" finally team up. Thus leading Lesnar and Heyman to turn on Punk and bring back the face/tweener role he had around MITB/Summerslam in 2011.

My thing is, I read somewhere that Punk didn't want to wrestle forever. He doesnt want to have his body extremely destroyed into his 50s like we have seen others do ie Rick Flair, Undertaker, Kane(almost), Jericho (almost). Punk has said he respects them, but he doesnt want to do it. Maybe im buying into the kayfabe that punk doesn't love his job, but there comes a point that everyone has to hang up their boots, and honestly i believe punk will do it sooner not later, and that is very disappointing to me, however they cant do this forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back