**MERGED** Classic Intercontinental Championship Returns

mikde_

I'm from Winnepeg you idiot!
So cody has brought back the classic IC title belt back with white leather and all.

What are your thoughts?

Awesome now we just need to get rid of that spinner belt...........

But anyways cody is bringing back prestige to the belt and if bringing back the old one is wwe's way of doing it then so be it.

I thought it was one of the best promos/segments of the year

but that might just be me, automatically seemed to make Cody more legit as IC champion & he has been the best one for a while

i was getting a little worried because i always kind of liked the now old IC title and i was expecting him to bring in some brand new title but hey what do ya know!

The white leather was a mark out moment indeed.

Im starting to buy into cody rhodes, hes making the title prestigious and bringing back the "old" IC title is a great way to make it more legit in the WWE. I can see Rhodes holding on to the title for a LONG time.

Did anyone see the little tweaks they made on this title, from the OLD IC Title?

IC Title > WWE Title

Yeah gimme the eagle wing world title they used back in the 80's & 90's and I'll be happy. The spinner was a fun gimmick for John Cena's win back the first time he got it, but after a few months it got old, years and years later, it's just terrible.

Glad to have the old IC title back though, the new IC title belt was just a toy too.

I loved the promo, and i too would have liked a brand new design but now i've thought about it, im glad its the "classic" style.
It brings more credibility to the title now, especially since Cody went through some of the names of past winners, it refreshes minds and shows that it is a great title!

Now hopefully when Cody gets his push to be World/WWE champ, we will see another "classic" style title revitalized

This is a good start to bring back the prestige that the title used to have. I think this idea came from Triple H who started his career with the I-C Title.

I hope to see the Old-Winged Eagle WWE Title and the old WWE Tag Titles. The new ones sucks and it definitely looks like a toy.

I loved the fact the Old IC Title Belt has come back into the WWE. I marked out big time when Cody pulled it out of the bag. I grew up with that Belt when I first got into watching Wrestling and I feel like part of my childhood is back. Great move to do that.

The old IC title has been a favorite of mine so it's nice to see a revamped version it's smaller then the original and has the wwe logo only on the side plates no wrestlers but just by bringing it back but a newer version adds more prestige to again Cody should hold it till mania why not but I like the belt

I thought the new one was nice as the old one is nice too. So it is a toss up for me as I can say as long as it isn't spinning I don't care. It is nicer than the TNA WHC title I can say that. Now change the WWE title will you.

There will/should be another version of this belt soon, IMO. I'm looking at the picture shown and it looks almost exactly like the classic design said for one thing.

At the top, where the old belt had WWF...the logo looks more "flipped F, W, forward F'. As if it's a replica bought from Reggie Parks website. The scratch WWE logo isn't even on.

So I'm thinking a new one is being made soon with the scratch WWE on top.

Love the idea of the old design though.

It's awesome, and hopefully it signifies the re-birth of the championship itself. Honestly, the last time the I.C. title was considered a great title was when it had this design. All the matches that were booked as mid-card matches, but often stole the show like Savage vs. Steamboat, Hart vs. Perfect, HBK vs. Razor, etc. I love it!!!

It was pretty cool to see the old ic title. seeing as i was born in 1987, I don't have much memory of that belt, but I know that belt meant a lot more back then and I'm happy to see it getting the respect it deserves. I just hope this means that Rhodes is going to carry the Intercontinental Championship for a loooooooong time!

When I saw the pic of The Classic/Revamped IC Title I had a big grin on my face it brought back a lot of memories from my childhood, I have always wanted and still do want the WWF Classic IC title. The Eagle Winged title everyone wants but for me the title that stood out the most was the Classic IC Title it was held by some of the greatest wrestlers ever Ricky The Dragon Steamboat, The Honky Tonk Man, Macho Man Randy Savage, Razor Ramon, Shawn Micheals the list goes on and now WWE has a chance to get rid of the spinner belt and bring in something a lot better hopefully a revamped Eagle Winged Title Belt ?.

Gotta agree. Seeing that title brought back SOOOO many memories of great IC matches and champions. Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon, Bret Hart, Roddy Piper, Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man and so many greats....it was cool to see him bring back the classic belt to help reestablish it as the number 1 contender to the world title- title it should be. Cody Rhodes is doing the American Dream proud. Now...all they gotta do is get rid of the spinner crap wwe title and those tag team toys.

great to have it back, but people are forgettin this is not the original IC Title, it is the title that was there 1985-1997. That "classic" belt came along after Greg Valentine destroyed the original green IC Heavyweight Title belt after losing it to Tito Santana in a cage match in late 1985. The best looking IC Title by far though is this new/classic version. Prefer a black strap though

I guess I'm the only person who doesn't give a shit. It's a title belt, what the fuck does it matter? I didn't see an issue with the old belt, but hey, if they want to change it that's cool too. I just don't get this notion that it's somehow better than the one we've had for a while now. Is it somehow more prestigious or valuable? No. Do 90% of the viewers have any idea that the title used to look like that? No.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not shitting on it the change. I just don't get you guys trying to pretend that it somehow matters. Like, at all.

Off all the titles to change the design for, they change it for the Intercontinental Title? Honestly, the one we've had for years was perfectly fine. There's other titles *cough WWE Title *cough* Tag Team Titles *cough* that need more re-designing than the Intercontinental Championship.

Oh, and now WWE 12 is going to be severely out-dated.

When I saw Cody bring back the classic white belt IC Championship, I was a bit shocked. Last thing I expected was a Championship to go retro, but the WWE couldn't have picked a better Superstar to make the change. Great promo to keep himself heel cause the crowd popped when he brought out the classic championship. I'm on the fence about this. Yea I love the classic belt that legendary wrestlers like Warrior and The Macho Man Randy Savage made famous, but we need to evolve not rewind.

Do you think this is a step foward in the WWE? Or does it signify that the WWE is at the weakest point it's ever been and will have to live off the past?

I love it!! It's a great look and definitely brings more prestige to the title. They just need to give Rhodes a lengthy title reign.

Cody and Dolph as champs is working for me. Now all they need are guys who talk about really wanting those belts like Swagger (who sld be in the main event), Ryder, Riley, DiBiase.

having the spinner belt design for this many years after it was originally for john cena
is like if they had kept the smoking skull belt design that stone cold used for a few years after

love the old title was never a fan of the weird shape of the last one

i dont mind the wwe belt but i think it would make sense if only cena used it since he created it kinda like u wouldn't have the smoking skull belt used by anyone other the austin

also agree on the tag belts they look fucking weird always did like the old ones in the 90's and the smackdown ones more

That's smart, revert to the past. What? Did you think a belt change will bring any prestige back to the title itself? Horse shit. This tells me only one thing: creative knows they fucking suck and they can't make the belt worth a dime through booking and good storylines, so they'll change it back into what it USED to look like when it matter, therefore brainless marks can go "AW MAI GAD TEH IC TITEL IZ BAK N KODEY WELL B AMAYZENG!!1!"

WWE, you already fucked up the meaning of the previous belt, now you have to fuck it up for the classic IC title? Hey, while you're at it you might bring back the red while and blue ropes. Those were nice. You wanna go really old school? Dig Jim Cornette out of whatever pro wrestling pit-fall he's in, give him a tenis racket and a silly coat and have him manage someone. Someone fat, preferably. I thought this was the "Reality Era", not the early 90's. Has McMahon gone mad?

Good for Cody that he won something. I just HIGHLY doubt this will lead to anything different. It never does, never will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back