**Merged** All John Morrison Discussion

Whats clear is that he's on his way out the door soon. The WWE will try and milk whatever they can out of him for the next couple of months, then show him the door.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/243386-report-wwe-star-soon-to-be-done-with-company

F4Wonline is reporting that the talk backstage is that John Morrison will not be re-signing with WWE when his contract expires very soon.

The feeling is that both Morrison and WWE have had enough working together and are ready to move on without each other.

Hey guys, I'm sure that you have all heard about John Morrison's contract expiring in the very near future. So I pose this question to all of you, why should John Morrison stay with WWE?

Honestly, I don't know why he should stay with WWE. He hasn't won a title in a very long time or has he been in a compelling storyline for a while. His long time girlfriend just left WWE, so why should he stay?

Thanks Guys!!!

i don't think he should stay. I'm kind of a fan of his but I don't think the WWE has anything for him anymore. He'd be better off rebooting his character or going to TNA or something :disappointed:

Well as said before, I kinda like JoMo and would wish for him to get a grip on his mic issues... but either way, whatever WWE does with him, it's probably not a bad idea - either they turn him heel and give him a serious chance as such, or they let him go/he doesn't resign and goes to TNA for a bit (where his style fits perfectly, I suppose), maybe he can profit from the different environment where more is "possible" to say on the mic and where he can get some more practice in the promo department... He's still fairly young, so he could be back in WWE sometime down the road, who knows.

Either way, I hope they do something with him soon... but if he's really leaving then jobbing him out to everyone on the roster makes sense of course, it's the usual way of doing things. If it's just a setup for a heelturn, I'm fine with that as well. In any case, something's gonna change for JoMo soon, and it's gonna be for the better - because in the past few months, he was just going nowhere, despite being still very much over with a certain demographic. So any sort of change is a good one, even if it should mean him leaving WWE for a while... Maybe abscence will make the heart grow fonder, in this case.

It's the best interest of both parties that he goes to TNA. WWE can def. use him, but they don't ever give him a push that he deserves. That doesn't necessarily be a main eventer (although I wouldn't mind that), but at least have some relevance in the mid card.

He could make a great heel in TNA, and would be a nice fit. Would love to see him face guys like Style and Angle.

WWE is the biggest wrestling promotion in the US! That's why he should stay... WWE could use him, he's just paying the price for what happened earlier this year, it's happened to a lot of wrestlers in the past, Everyone knows the same happened to Triple H in the 90's.. Who knows, might just get a decent push after VKM is done with him..

First of all he is gonna leave but not forever...After his contract expires he will be out maybe a year(i would love even two years) of WWE but he's young,undoubly one of most talented superstars in WWE so he will be back in big style..Mark my words..O and btw I'm sorry about my spelling of words,cuz my english suck soo... :)

Looking at it, some people are better suited for a spell in TNA just to get themselves in a better position to go back to WWE. Christian was a prime example of someone who just wasn't working in WWE, went to TNA, achieved a bit, and came back and achieved a hell of a lot more at WWE. Maybe this rejuvenation period at TNA is what Morrison needs. Only question i have is with him being WWE raised and what name he'll get in TNA. I can't imagine he'll go back to being Johnny Nitro, however much Bischoff would love that.

I can only see 2 reasons why John Morrison should stay. 1. To be a jobber to other wrestlers, and 2. For Zack's dad :lmao:

Seriously, I don't think there is any reason for him to stay. He was buried way too deep for him to crawl out. Yes his parkour tricks look cool, but it doesn't really matter since he can't win any match. He should just leave to save face or else he could be the best jobber of all time.

WWE is the biggest wrestling promotion in the US! That's why he should stay... WWE could use him, he's just paying the price for what happened earlier this year, it's happened to a lot of wrestlers in the past, Everyone knows the same happened to Triple H in the 90's.. Who knows, might just get a decent push after VKM is done with him..

That made no sense at all and it seems you're letting your fanboyism get in the way of rational thinking, because you're saying since wwe is the biggest promotion he should stay and continue to get buried and treated like crap?

He should go somewhere that he would treated fairly because he has more talent in his pinky than most of the wwe roster to be treated the way he does.

He should stay there because it's his only option. If he decides to go to TNA his career might as well be dead in the water. He's clearly not talented enough to make it in japan seeing as his matches make absolutly 0 sense. Now after weighing his options he can stay with WWE and continue to be on the cover of magazines and on mainstream television shows or he can go tour the indys for the rest of his career and be the next Greg Valentine

Um, because there is no where else to go? TNA is a sinking ship. He better keep his ass in WWE if he ever wants to make any real money.

Why should he stay? Well... where else will he go? If he's serious about being a professional wrestler he'll stay with the E, go to TNA and have ten people watch his match or get another day job; perhaps his local mcdonalds is hiring?

Triple Haytchh in the 90's huh. Co leader of DX, leader after Michaels left. Feuded with mankind, undertaker, stone cold, and the rock. Two time Champ in that period, where's the punishment. If Morrison only cares about the money then he should stay. If he cares more about actually not getting squashed and winning more than he loses than he should leave. It's a shame WWE is getting older and their constantly squashing the future, wtf.

That made no sense at all and it seems you're letting your fanboyism get in the way of rational thinking, because you're saying since wwe is the biggest promotion he should stay and continue to get buried and treated like crap?

He should go somewhere that he would treated fairly because he has more talent in his pinky than most of the wwe roster to be treated the way he does.

Actually, it made perfect sense really. He should stay because he is currently in the biggest company in the world, and he does get on TV, and does get his face out there. He is not going to get buried forever. As Ruthless said, the same thing that is happening to Morrison happened to HHH in the mid-nineties. After The Kliq had their "Curtain Call" in Madison Square Garden, HHH held the bag and had to face the brunt of VKM's rage over it. Hall and Nash were gone, HBK was untouchable cause he was the champ, so it was all on HHH, and oh boy, did he get buried. You think what is happening to Morrison is burying him? Try being HHH and losing a series of matches culminating in a Slop Match to Henry Godwinn. That is being buried. Eventually though, as we all know, after about a year to a year and a half (depending how you want to look at it) of shit for HHH, he started climbing back out of the black hole he was in, and became huge. Again, 1996-mid 1997, look it up. HHH was treated like shit. The same thing can happen to Morrison if he was just willing to pay his dues for the mistakes he made this year. Instead, he will probably leave, go to TNA where 20 people will watch him every night, and sadly, get lost in the mess over there. He should stay with the WWE, and just accept the fact that he fucked up, endure this shit for a time, and then start climbing the ladder again. Hell, during this time he could even, you know, develop his promo skills a bit, which is the one thing really that is holding him back from being a big star.

I don't think he should be released. His a good in-ring performer and still gets a pop every time he appears. He's still a good guy to put some heels over, like what happened with Del Rio, after the title loss.

I think he should form a tag team with Zack Ryder, since the last already lost the US Title shot to Mason Ryan. Zack do the talking, and JoMo carries the action. And this might be a good chance for a gimmick change for Zack (making him more serious) and put Morrison relevant again.

Possibly, both of them can be drafted to Smackdown and relaunch their careers there.

Actually, it made perfect sense really. He should stay because he is currently in the biggest company in the world, and he does get on TV, and does get his face out there. He is not going to get buried forever. As Ruthless said, the same thing that is happening to Morrison happened to HHH in the mid-nineties. After The Kliq had their "Curtain Call" in Madison Square Garden, HHH held the bag and had to face the brunt of VKM's rage over it. Hall and Nash were gone, HBK was untouchable cause he was the champ, so it was all on HHH, and oh boy, did he get buried. You think what is happening to Morrison is burying him? Try being HHH and losing a series of matches culminating in a Slop Match to Henry Godwinn. That is being buried. Eventually though, as we all know, after about two years of shit for HHH, he started climbing back out of the black hole he was in, and became huge. The same thing can happen to Morrison if he was just willing to pay his dues for the mistakes he made this year. Instead, he will probably leave, go to TNA where 20 people will watch him every night, and sadly, get lost in the mess over there. He should stay with the WWE, and just accept the fact that he fucked up, endure this shit for a time, and then start climbing the ladder again. Hell, during this time he could even, you know, develop his promo skills a bit, which is the one thing really that is holding him back from being a big star.

In reality it was only about a year. HHH was IC champ by the time survivor series rolled around. And after losing again and again to the green Rocky Myavia, got Chyna. But you are correct look at the guys Hunter had to carry feuds with while being punished. Marc Mero, Henry Goddwin, Duke the Dumpster Drosey.

However, for Morrison it is more then paying his dues. Despite what many of his fans in here bitch and complain about he is not, a main event guy. Oh sure he may make the occasional trip into that realm but really nothing about him is main event except his ego. His matches are often botchfest, his mic work is at the exact same place as when he first came in with MNM. He refuses to take his game to the next level. Son in reality the best he can hope for is to be upper midcard with the occasional stop in main event land when story line dictates it.

With that said he should stay. A. The money is better. B. Despite what the TNA fans believe if Spike tv pulled out they would be dead in the water. C. TNA is already over run by guys who could not quite cut it in the WWE, wanted a more relaxed environment to pursue herbal clarity, or get caught drinking and driving way too often.

John Morrison should stay with the WWE. He has the talent but isn't the name of an Angle, Christian, Hardy or a Booker when they went over to TNA and after six months he probably wouldn't be too high up the card.

A couple of years ago I could see him getting up into the World title picture on a regular basis and maybe win it. But for various reasons he has fallen be they backstage (his relationship with Melina), his look or others progressing at a better rate than him. I see him now as a good talent to have around and win the US or IC title and on put over the likes of Ziggler or R-Truth if they have 'bigger fish' on a PPV.

I've gotta be honest, this is the happiest I've been with TNA in the two plus years since I started watching. I'm honestly genuinely really looking forward to BFG at the end of the week. I'm fairly happy with the direction as of late and with the news of Vince Russo's work being moderated, I haven't felt so confident about them for as long as I can remember.

Morrison is someone I'm a mark for. WWE have given him a lot of shots on the surface but you get the feeling that between all the bad words exchanged between him and the back and the fact his character hasn't been able to sustain anything for a good year now, he just isn't going anywhere higher than he is.

John Morrison has also, in the past, shown to me a lot more than we see in his godawful recited promos as of late. He's got currently untapped potential:

[YOUTUBE]EoLmkDaHqGk[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]c_ffItJdxFc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]kWJzn2plw-U[/YOUTUBE]

I think Morrison SHOULD go to TNA. He needs serious character re-invention, his gimmick was good but because of the complete under-utilization of what it could have been, it's gone completely stale. He needs a character overhaul for starters. I think something darker would really suit him and add a new string to his bow, just like Jeff Hardy as he turned heel last year. It would be something we've never seen from him, an extra layer.

Most of all, I don't want to see one of my favourite talents go off the TV. He's got great ability if it's directed the right way. He does things that are previously unseen. I would think he'd be a welcome addition to many and most rosters, but especially TNA who's penchant for ex-WWE guys would make it hard for them to resist. That coupled with the fact he's still young. He could be the next Matt Morgan, and before you chuckle, Matt Morgan is a pretty over face in TNA,; upper tier competitor who has sights on the world heavyweight championship.

That was a whole load of ramble but I think you can tell I'm basically all for a move.

Triple Haytchh in the 90's huh. Co leader of DX, leader after Michaels left. Feuded with mankind, undertaker, stone cold, and the rock. Two time Champ in that period, where's the punishment.
You must be new. Triple H was supposed to win the 1996 King of the Ring, but because of an incident known as the "Curtain Call" he was buried and jobbed out for the better part of 1996. It wasn't until the fall of that year when he beat Marc Mero for the IC title that he started getting pushed again. The fact that you don't know this story is stunning.

As per the topic at hand, I think a better question is: why should WWE keep him? What has Morrison done to make himself indispensable? He had his shot with the Sheamus feud and couldn't keep the momentum. It seems he spends more time whining and crying about his girlfriend (we all know the Trish story from Mania) than he does trying to improve. He seems disinterested. I don't see why WWE would keep him when they have guys they aren't using who at least look like they want to be there.

You must be new. Triple H was supposed to win the 1996 King of the Ring, but because of an incident known as the "Curtain Call" he was buried and jobbed out for the better part of 1996. It wasn't until the fall of that year when he beat Marc Mero for the IC title that he started getting pushed again. The fact that you don't know this story is stunning.

As per the topic at hand, I think a better question is: why should WWE keep him? What has Morrison done to make himself indispensable? He had his shot with the Sheamus feud and couldn't keep the momentum. It seems he spends more time whining and crying about his girlfriend (we all know the Trish story from Mania) than he does trying to improve. He seems disinterested. I don't see why WWE would keep him when they have guys they aren't using who at least look like they want to be there.

From my viewpoint, he looks to be suffering from a bit of burnout. Yes, I know he just got back from an injury, but that, on top of the WWE's grueling schedule, can burn anyone out easily.

Let him go to TNA for a year, or maybe two. He could probably get a decent money deal, hell, maybe even be able to bring Melina in with him, and still work with a much more relaxed schedule. This way, he can recover from the burnout.

He should not stay with the WWE because he's one of the most overrated wrestlers of this generation and has no business being anything more than a mediocre midcard wrestler. Let him leave and go piddle around in the indies, I have no interest in seeing him on my television on either WWE or TNA.

He should stay for the money... he wont get more in TNA and eventually he will be used....he is getting TV time so whats wrong?...when a storyline lines up that fits him in he will get his shot...patience is a virtue.

He is getting on television almost every week and was even on HIAC PPV the other week against Cody Rhodes...... he got a tiny segment on RAW this week and then was in a match against christian beaten but un-cleanly by four wrestlers....he got his part.

So...are you seruous bro ?

I signed up just to post in this thread.

JoMo is one of my favorites and I think it sucks that he's been buried like Tutankhamen for a while now. I would agree with some that he should go to TNA and try to pull a Christian Cage, but I don't think that would work now. When Christian did it there weren't a ton of WWE guys there already and TNA wasn't in the position it is atm.

JoMo should stay with WWE because it's his only shot. TNA isn't going to do anything with him. They couldn't get traction with Jeff Hardy(other issues aside) and he was one of the biggest guys in wrestling when he went over there, so I don't see them making some big star of Morrison either. He's going to have to bite the bullet and take the lashings to earn some respect from the right people to get anywhere. If he does it though, he could become a big big star.

If he wants to continue to make decent money, he should sign back with the WWE and hope for a decent push to fall into his lap, seeing as he's not doing a whole lot to earn one. He hasn't said, done, or changed anything since R-Truth used him as a springboard into the top heel category with Miz and Del Rio. Could that be because creative isn't letting him expand and grow? Possibly, but look at what Ryder has done. Zack Ryder has basically taken away the "They're holding me back!!" excuse from every wrestler who isn't over. He's shown that, if you want it bad enough, you can get yourself over whether they like it or not.

If Morrison really wants to feel like the big man on campus, however, he should jump ship to TNA. His wrestling style and weirdo gimmick would fit perfectly into the fold in Orlando. He would be on the road much less, and be free to do pretty much whatever he wants to. Of course, he woudn't make anywhere near the amount of money in TNA, but he wouldn't have to wear a T-shirt that had the word "Jomosapien" on it either. So which one will it be?? The Lady or the less attractive but low maintenance Lady?? The choice is yours Johnny

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back