**Merged** All John Morrison Discussion

John Morrison is definitely a main eventer waiting to happen if creative pull their heads out of their ass and put talent before their problems. the guy has so much potential to be a future world champion. he is the total package perfect to be a main even caliber guy
You mean like putting him in matches vs the Miz who is a heat magnate where he still doesn't get more than midcard-level over? Or like, pushing him against a hot heel when he's a babyface returning from injury? Creative DOES have their heads out of their asses, you don't. He's not over and never has been and never sustains it.

If you mean "total package perfect to be a main event caliber guy" you mean "he lacks any character ability whatsoever, can't talks worth a shit, looks like he's hiding behind his bling and glasses because he's scared shitless, lacks any coherance in his matches unless someone is leading him and using his flips to their potential but he is a guy with a decent look" then yes, "total package". Lex Luger was a better pro wrestler than Morrison, he actually got fucking over. Lex wrestled to his character and carried his character. He was dumb as fuck and did about 2 moves but he got more over because he was a decent talker and could carry a character. It's not about moves or even look, it's about putting everything together to create a character people buy into.

JoMo shouldn't have acted like a douche to Trish at WrestleMania 27, regardless who is real life outside of the ring girlfriend is, Melina was never getting on the card and saying Trish took her place is utter crap and JoMo listening to her patter took a huge bite out of his ass.

Will JoMo ever work his up the ladder?
Absolutely unless he bails when his contract is up, hopefully he takes his punishment like a man and comes back on fire, Sheamus and Miz had at least 4 credible matches with JoMo in late 2010/early 2011 so we know JoMo has "it" but he needs to see the bigger picture to his career.

There's a lot of Morrison hate that is usually unwarranted.
"Morrison failed over and over again"
How?
His first real push was with the ECW title, he failed that push because he was suspended, not for his lack of heat, because he got plenty.

His second came in Smackdown when he was beating, a still FACE CM Punk, he didn't fail that push, Mysterio got suspended so they decided to give him the intorcinental title, he stayed extremely over and the only two wrestlers who more over than him at that point in Smackdown were Jeff Hardy and The Undertaker.

His final push came through his fued with Sheamus, a great fued with matches that are near-universally labelled "great".
He then had an amazing match with Miz on the first ever Raw. TWJC:The beginning, The Miz was not a heat magnet back then, he barely got any heat at all.
He was then placed in the match at Wrestlemania that received the third most attention from the WWE and probably the most from other media.
He was then in the main event of extreme rules and would have won if it werent for R-Truth.
He lost that push because of an injury and personal issues.

Morrison has pushed through the "Mid-Card overness" status plenty of times, and although he falls short on the mic, you will rarely every see a Morrison match that doesn't draw plenty of attention from the crowd. Those "oohs, aaahhhs, yeeaaahhh and woooaaahhhs" you consistently hear from the crowd during 99% matches? That shows he's a good professional wrestler.

Honestly, its too soon to tell if he's on the rebound, but I sure hope he is. He's stayed over after being squashed for months and is entertaining to the MAJORITY of WWE's fans.

I hope he loses his job, and soon. Each time he enters an arena, I'm forced to fastforward my DVR. My finger starts to hurt.

He stinks. What does he have? He can do a flippy? That's literally the only thing he has going for him. Well, I suppose he has a nice set of abs, but so does damn near every other wrestler on the planet. He can't talk, his entrance is dogshit, same with his music. After years of giving him television time, he isn't over. Sorry, but he isn't. He could disappear tomorrow, and no one would give a shit. Sure, his couple hundred internet marks would create another thread and cry about it, but even that wouldn't last longer than a week.

Simple truth - no one cares.

Morrison hasn't been made to look anything. The guys has never been more than mid-card level over. He's never been permanently anything but a mid carder. Any main event pushes he's had, he's failed. Piling up wins and a strong push don't get you over, YOU get you over. Over the past 6 months, Morrison has added new flips, which is what he's already good at. However, hasn't added dick to his character, which he's not good at. He needs to work harder and actually focus on fixing his weaknesses before I'll say he's "on the rebound". Ziggler makes anyone look good.

You mean like putting him in matches vs the Miz who is a heat magnate where he still doesn't get more than midcard-level over? Or like, pushing him against a hot heel when he's a babyface returning from injury? Creative DOES have their heads out of their asses, you don't. He's not over and never has been and never sustains it.

If you mean "total package perfect to be a main event caliber guy" you mean "he lacks any character ability whatsoever, can't talks worth a shit, looks like he's hiding behind his bling and glasses because he's scared shitless, lacks any coherance in his matches unless someone is leading him and using his flips to their potential but he is a guy with a decent look" then yes, "total package". Lex Luger was a better pro wrestler than Morrison, he actually got fucking over. Lex wrestled to his character and carried his character. He was dumb as fuck and did about 2 moves but he got more over because he was a decent talker and could carry a character. It's not about moves or even look, it's about putting everything together to create a character people buy into.

Agree

That just an example of a typical morrison fanboy's response praising his talent. If look defines a maineventer, then mason ryan would be on top of the world right now. Blaming creative for morrison demise is absurd since Morrison has been given chance after chance. Morrison needs to do his own part as well and not just let creataive do all the job, and that is by improvising and accommodating to what creative presented to him.

If anything i think Vince know's that John Morrison is a great wrestler, and his contract's coming up soon. Supposedly he is not booked for any wrestling events after dec. 1st. So maybe he is finished with WWE at that time. Vince maybe coming around a bit because his release date is close so he is trying to give John Morrison some win's to maybe persuade him that thing's will get better for him in WWE. Whether people think it or not VINCE i am positive keep's a eye on TNA'S progress constantly. I don't think he want's JOMO to go to TNA. Look at when Christian wen to TNA, and TNA made him world champion. Christian never had a hint of a world title shot in WWE until he went back, and VINCE put's the ECW world title on him, and now the WWE WORLD TITLE.
All in all I think VINCE is trying to persuade JOMO into possibly staying by letting him get some win's back, and build back up again.

I think Morrison is a great talent. Loved when he teamed with The Miz and how well they got over with the Dirt Sheet. I loved Morrison as a heel, he had that it factor about him. The spot where he came off the apron and landed feet first on the barricade is worthy of an applause. I'm not a huge fan but not understanding the criticism of his in ring performance. He would be a great addition to the hardcore title division if its brought back in near future.

It's a little too early to say at this point. It's very tempting to believe that Morrison's time in the doghouse is coming to an end. After all, Morrison is very good inside the ring and just flat out puts on entertaining matches. Otherwise, why have him go over Dolph Ziggler, who has shown himself to be one of the real up and comers in the WWE over the course of his run as United States Champion. I can understand Zack Ryder as WWE has been pushing Ryder and he looks like a good potential candidate to be the next US champ. So yeah, why JoMo if things are getting back to normal with him and he's not on the verge of leaving the company?

I think what's ultimately kept JoMo from ultimately breaking through to the next level on a more permanent basis has been his lack of ability on the mic. His mic skills have always been his biggest weakness. I think Morrison could benefit from what WWE has done with Ziggler. During Ziggler's time as US champ, he's been given opportunities to work on his mic skills and his overall on screen character and he's done a really good job. His mic skills right now are quite solid and I think he has the potential to be downright great. Maybe WWE should give Morrison some similar opportunities.

Lets say that the WWE creative staff had a decent wrestler that's been losing ever since he came back from an injury. He's got some heat on him for some stuff from last April so they really didn't feel the need to push him, especially with all the other talent on that roster. Now this guys contract is running out in a few weeks and they aren't sure how things are going to go, but they do know that if they keep burying him they're definitely going to lose him. Whats the best course of action?

Let the guy win one damn match. Who cares? Ziggler isn't going to lose any swagger with the fans with one loss. So JOMO wins a match, if Santino wins one match is he suddenly the next in line to face Alberto del Rio?!? Let they guy have one clean win, he's not Barry Horowitz! If anything it'll keep him from feeling like he's being buried until either side figures out which direction they wanna go.

Morrison is too good to just let go and Vince knows it. If Vince can make a buck off him then he'll do everything he can to keep Morrison around.

It would be nice to see Morrison finally get pushed like he deserves. He suffered due to drama that Melina caused but she is gone now and he should not have to suffer. As for those who talk about how bad he is on the mic, obviously none of you have ever watched any clips of The Dirt Sheet, a show he used to host with The Miz. Combine those promos with Morrison's skill in the ring and his continued fan support, you have someone worth pushing. I have always been a fan of his and think it is time to build him back up. I do not think he should win the US Championship from Ziggler though. It is Ryder's time now. A couple of victories in good feuds is what Morrison needs at the moment.

You can make it just fine without charisma. Just ask Benoit or Bret Hart. People put way too much stock in charisma. Yeah, hard to be a top star without it. Well, there is still a midcard and plenty to do there.

Im not from the states so i dont know how the wrestling adverts go, but is he normally advertised. with the way they have been using him in recent months, i cant imagine him ever being a featured act on an ad, maybe occasionally, but i dont see it is that big a news??

They normally put everyones name that will apprear at the show. Even put some peoples names that won't appear. Not necessarily advertised in glowing lights, but more just like a list.

Morrison is too good to just let go and Vince knows it. If Vince can make a buck off him then he'll do everything he can to keep Morrison around.
Considering Morrion doesn't really get over and he could be pretty easily replaced with a dozen indy guys, I don't think Vince can make a buck off him.

Indy guys would probably work for cheaper too because it's their shot. Morrison thinks he's better than he is. "I wrestle after everyone else talks" is on his twitter. That's all well and good but you have to be entertaining. You have to be over. WWE doesn't go "well you had two 4 star matches last month, let's push you". They go "you aren't over, sorry, let's try again".

Hit the nail on the head. Good moves don't make you a good wrestler. Being able to have a match people believe in do.
Morrison has had his fair share of great matches and to say he hasn't is just horse shit.
Being able to say things on the mic and look cool doesn't mean you have mic skills and have charisma. Making people believe you believe what you say and believe you are that character does.
Even more horse shit. Just because you don't believe that he believes what he's saying doesn't make you right.
Morrison does neither. He still looks like some fit douchebag trying despirately to play a character.
To you. But you really have shit proof of that.
He doesn't make anyone believe in him.
Prove that. Cause I'd love to hear it.

His fans are fans of his moves, not him. You could replace him with 100 indy guys and get the same reaction.
This is just an overall stupid thing to say. The same could be said for just about anyone in the WWE. If you supply the right gimmick, the wrestler will get over. The WWE obviously sees something in Morrison. If they didn't, he'd been gone a long time ago.

[Yt]9Xsk6rPiIuc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/MEDIA]

He's pretty over there of you ask me. Wade Barrett was over when feuding with Cena. Yet lost all momentum. So that throws out your Miz argument. Even so, he was one of Raw's most over superstars when he was feuding with Miz at the beginning of the year. He went away for a couple of months and hasn't had shit to do since.

Morrison isnt the best thing in the WWE and far from it. But to say he should be gone is just stupid. If anything he can be a midcarder and help build the division. Just because you think he sucks doesn't mean others do. Morrison is over. He sells good and he's a fine worker. But the bullshit your spewing out is just that, bullshit.

If that is the final time I ever watch John Morrison in a WWE ring, I must say I'm satisfied and hope him well in wherever he goes, chances are It'll be TNA and I'll end up watching him anyway as they push him to the moon and beyond for no reason whatsoever, but at least that may be his final time on WWE PPV or WWE television in all.

Latest developments. Jomo is finished. No doubt will job next week and made to look an idiot...lets hope so anyway!!!

After almost nine years with WWE, John Morrison's days as a Superstar are coming to an end.

PWInsider.com reports that Morrison will be parting ways with WWE following next Monday's Raw SuperShow in Columbia, South Carolina. His original contract with the organization expired earlier this month but he agreed to an extension to fulfill shows in which he was advertised for.

Morrison has been looking forward to leaving WWE for the past several months due to unhappiness. The feeling is said to be mutual as WWE did not make much of an effort to retain the Prince of Parkour.

According to sources within TNA Wrestling, company officials are strongly interested in utilizing Morrison and Melina as a couple. There has also been talk of making him the centerpiece of the X Division and having him work a program with current champion Austin Aries. However, it is unknown whether Morrison has spoken with TNA.

John Morrison is going to get squashed like an orange tonight on Raw. By none other than Brodus Clay.

That will kill any momentum he has when he signs for TNA!!!!

Well it seems like that JoMo is going to be sent out by Brodus Clay. This news was reported by LordsOfPain:

Brodus Clay stated Sunday on Twitter that he will destroy John Morrison tomorrow night on Raw. The message was quickly deleted.

This is a great idea and is beneficial for all involved. It will help Brodus look like a monster and will be a way to write JoMo out of WWE.

Bye-Bye Morrison.

I would have him go up against Ryder. Career vs US title opportunity. It'd make wonders for his YouTube show, even though they jelled him off on it.

SD619, agreed that it would be good for both parties involved, but at the same time, Brodus needs to be careful with giving out storyline information to the public. I bet he got reprimanded by McMahon for that.

I guess this is goodbye to a guy I've enjoyed seeing regularly on my television on a weekly basis. He definitely has his faults, but JoMo's always had some undefinable quality to him that I've felt drawn to. I'm not sure why, but I have always wanted to see him succeed. I still think he could've been something big, especially right before being drafted to Raw a couple years back. If that wouldn't have happened, I think he would be in a much better spot in the WWE and wouldn't be leaving right now. Maybe he'll end up in TNA? Best of luck, Morrison.

:icon_cry: So this is it? Ambushed and squashed by The Miz. Call it poetic in-justice. I absolutely loved this guy. I truly and maybe naively thought he could be the next HBK, yeah I was one of those folks, but with good reason as the parallels were there for a while and his character had the right dashes to be just that. I call this a horrible waste on the part of the WWE and a major failure to utilize a talent they could have made HUGE. What's even more saddening to me is that his experiences here seem to have soured him completely on wrestling in general as he doesn't seem interested in going to TNA at all, and wants to try his hand at acting and other interests. I would say "This is the worst case of wasting valuable talent since....." but I don't know who to compare it to.

Let's just hope that TNA makes a captivating offer to him and he decides it's worth his time. I think a lot of us would like to see him go to TNA, become a bigger star in that company, and return to WWE at some point to finally be sent to the top ala Christian. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility but the way he's been treated at WWE seems to have ended his interest in the business in general. Cross your fingers folks. Hopefully this isn't the last we've seen of John Hennigan.

CM Punk spoke of trying to bring a "cool" feel back to wrestling. When he spoke on that, I thought of a few under utilized characters that could definitely help. Morrison was the 1st person on that list.

The man's a walking Youtube moment. With him on your roster, you had a wrestler that could give you Holy Sh!t moments without needing a ladder. All you had to do to repackaged him was take off the fur coat & the ugg boots.

The man is a star, but not a movie star. A wrestling star. I didnt care whether he was heel or face, whether ECW or IC champion, whether on the cusp of the WWE title or jobbing on Superstars, I was entertained. And now I'm disappointed.

Lets not push guys that have worked on their craft for years because they have different opinions than the big wigs up top. Lets focus on new, green guys because they have jacked muscles. Hey Ryan, Ezekiel, Brodus, come to the ring and do some more scoop slams. The crowd really eats those up!

CM Punk spoke of trying to bring a "cool" feel back to wrestling. When he spoke on that, I thought of a few under utilized characters that could definitely help. Morrison was the 1st person on that list.

The man's a walking Youtube moment. With him on your roster, you had a wrestler that could give you Holy Sh!t moments without needing a ladder. All you had to do to repackaged him was take off the fur coat & the ugg boots.

The man is a star, but not a movie star. A wrestling star. I didnt care whether he was heel or face, whether ECW or IC champion, whether on the cusp of the WWE title or jobbing on Superstars, I was entertained. And now I'm disappointed.

Lets not push guys that have worked on their craft for years because they have different opinions than the big wigs up top. Lets focus on new, green guys because they have jacked muscles. Hey Ryan, Ezekiel, Brodus, come to the ring and do some more scoop slams. The crowd really eats those up!

Morrison was a spot monkey who had the personality of a fish finger. He was also VERY unprofessional after what he did at Wrestlemania 27. Backstage he also had no respect whatsoever after he let Batista sleep with his girlfriend.

Morrison has been there 8 years and has been mid card all that time. He wasn't going anywhere further than he had already. Leaving WWE is a risk, but if he can go to TNA and reach his potential then maybe he could return one day and become the superstar his fans believe he could be.

I am not convinced...and to compare this guy to HBK (some do) is an utter joke. HBK was wrestling 60 minute iron matches in the Wrestlemania main event at the same age and same point in his career. He was putting on 5 star matches month after month and oozed charisma.

What has Morrison ever said or done? Nothing anyone will ever remember (oh his spot at this years RR was pretty cool though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back