**Merged** All Cody Rhodes and His IC Title Discussion

I totally disagree if anything its brought the value up of the IC title. Not only was Cody taken what Randy had but was also dishing it out. Randy and Cody kinda reminds me of Hogan and Warrior in a way...

Has the rivalry elevated Cody? Definitely. Has the rivalry elevated the IC Title? Definitely not!

I'm looking at Randy Orton: whether heel or face, he's a dominating presence that wants to take everything from his rival. He doesn't want to just beat John Cena, he has to beat up his father too. Triple H, I don't like you. Watch me drop your wife on her head. Why did he punt Y2J out the business again?

Cody should get it worst than any of those guys. He's a man that Orton put under his wing and elevated his game to the next level in so many ways. And you put a paper bag over my head? Orton supposed to want to take his mask, his belt, hunt down Goldust & Dusty Rhodes, and burn down his high school in Marietta, Georgia(I'm from Marietta. Lol)

You wanna elevate that title? Have Rhodes be Orton's whipping boy until Orton decides that he's beaten him in every way, and now he wants his belt as well. This gets Cody to realize the severity of the situation and, whether clean or with interference(I always felt like Cody's "baggers" should've been low carders that could help him win), Cody pulls out the win in their final match at a PPV. That would make Cody, the IC belt, and the next person to hold it look great, while not diminishing the status of Orton at all.

Wow this topic is kind of stupid. Orton is helping Cody become a star. What devalues the IC title is that their are 2 heavyweight champions, and their is another mid card champion.

what's your opinion on the Intercontinental title during this feud?
To me, it doesn't seem like there's been any interest in it from Randy?
That hardly does anything for the credibility of the title - if I recall correctly, all Michael Cole (could have been Matthews) was on about at the end of Fridays match, was how Randy was looking to the World title picture.
This feud was a perfect opportunity to raise the stock of the IC title, but if anything, made it irrelevant.
Thoughts?

You are absolutely right and these other guys are forgetting their wrestling history and their WWF history..

The fued should not completely be about Cody Rhodes just moving up. It should revisit issues that started up in Legacy and it should be about the title at some point. C.R. holding that belt means he is going in the right direction, an ex WHC champion holding no belt means he has fallen. At issue is whether C.R. believes Orton has plateaued. If Rhodes feels that way his I-C title serves as a validation prop. The fued needs to escalate over that title and Randy needs to take it. When he does he can use that as grounds to get back in Henry's business. Historically he was the default number 1 contender anyways. The I-C title has more merit as leverage then Big Show's stupid threats that simply demand WHC title shots or Xtian's 1 more time b.s.

In WCW the U.S. champion routinely went head to head with the WCW World champ. In ECW the TV champ did likewise with the heavyweight champ. Booker T. held the World and U.S. titles simultaniously.

Vader, Flair, Steamboat, Sting, Hart, Luger, and The Giant/The Big Show all had U.S. title runs after their WCW Heavyweight title runs. Luger, Sting, and Flair had them IN BETWEEN World title reigns.
Rhino held the ECW heavyweight and tv titles simultaniously until ECW's failure.

Here are your WWF examples though. I always think of HHH's reign as I-C champ in 2001. He lost it to Hardy which might had put Jeff Hardy on another level leading to his World titles years later, its debatable. Kane beating Trips for it in 2001 also elevated him. Its also to be noted that his I-C title victory from Trips and his 24 hour WWF title reign in 1998 did more for him then his 3 month WHC run..
When Pedro Morales held the I-C title after holding the WWWF heavyweight title it did not hurt. I feel like the same can not be said for JBL or arguably Mysterio.

When Hogan took on the Ultimate Warrior and lost his WWF title to him, Warrior's I-C title was also on the line.. Orton blowing it off, not trying to make the fued more personal by taking it, and using it as a excuse to ingage Henry at some point absolutely damages Cody, belt and all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back