Mercury's Face

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
joey.jpg

That is an evil looking cut. That is one of the worst facial injuries I've ever seen in wrestling.

WWE.com has added a new article and photo regarding the injuries Joey Mercury had to his nose and left eye at the Armageddon PPV last night. As of now, it is believed Mercury will be out of action for at least two months. That is one nasty looking cut.

I think it's a shame he's going to be off for two month's, he's only just returned. I think he's looked really impressive since his return. With him being off I expect that to be the last of MNM. By the time he return's it will more than likley be around Wrestle Mania time and by then Nitro will probably be in the middle of a feud. There will be no place for Mercury and he will probably be left off the card.

hey i think tht the hardys are thought to hav a match for wrestlemania, its a longshot but they could do a mnm hardys tlc match or somethin, tht is if Mecury isnt afraid or somewhat tentitive to hav one of those matches again. I think tht the match would be a big seller after what is currently happenin to these two teams so if tht were to happen i for sure wouldnt wanna miss it.

i think they missed a good time for him to turn face. the crowd was cheering him and me and my friends thot a turn was definitely coming until he said matt hardy...then we changed the channel.

There's no point turning him face just because he's got a damaged face. There's nothing wrong with fan's clapping for a heel. They were more than likley applauding the excellent match and what a sick looking injury it was. In a few week's the swelling will go down and the crowd will be giving him heel heat again.

That was pretty harsh that match if anyone saw it rite when he got hit in the face it swolled up right away

There's some people that are saying that Joey Mercury should have turned face after sustaining this injury. But can you remember the last time they played the sympathy angle with a wrestler by turning him face? It was Chavo Guerrero after he was knocked unconscious when Billy Kidman drove his knee into his temple during a Shooting Star Press attempt. The face push for Chavo worked during the feud, but you saw less and less of him until he was sent over to Raw and temporarily repackaged as Kerwin White, a man who abandoned his Latino roots and wanted to represent White America (personally, I found it amusing - it gave Chavo more personality than he has ever displayed at any other time in the WWE ... call me crazy, but I think after the feud with Benoit ends, he should go back to it). After Eddie passed away, the character was buried and Chavo became a face again - WWE figured that he would become a sentimental favorite. But the fact of the matter is that Chavo doesn't play a face very well, and the only time he has in the past is when he was part of a stable (i.e. Los Guerreros or Misfits In Action). I have a feeling that the same applies to Mercury, who if I'm not mistaken was also a heel in his ECW days as Joey Matthews as well.

I feel bad for Mercury and if I were him, I'd never step into the ring with a ladder again. That was the worst botch I've actually seen since Sid Vicious's leg injury in WCW.

has anyone gone to the youtube video of the accident? ha, half the stupid kids thought it was all planned and is fake.

idiots, i think that mercury will be back i'm sure, he's not bad at all, BUT i do agree thats prolly the end of MNM.

Everytime the Wrestlers Step into a Ladder or any other kind of specialty match it's a high risk of something going wrong. Look at what happend to Owen when he was gonna enter the ring from the celing, these guys take risks all the time , what about the guy who sued for breaking his neck due to a rocker dropper? the guys who do specialty matches and pull them off as great as the hardy's and MNM Edge and Christian, Team 3D Road Warriors and Midnite Express as well as Shawn Micheals, HHH, Undertaker, Mick Foley will always have that high drawing power due to the risks they take heck even Shane McMahon took some major hits when he was going against Kurt Angle and Kane. I applaud all these Wrestlers for putting on the best entertainment we have seen though out the years. Yes Joey Mercury you deserved the applause cause you put on one hell of a match and didn't walk away from the wwe you showed up and showed heart when you came out to speak to the crowd and a Match with the Hardy's would be one of the best possible matches for Wrestlemania next year. Here's to hoping that Mercury heals quickly and gets back to action and gives us another GREAT MATCH without getting hurt this time.

I think there doing a good job building the Hardy Mercury feud. I mean most people wont hit someone whos face is mangled.

That doesnt even look like Mercury. I guess that is what happens when the have a special match in the WWE, I have heard McMahon now doesnt want to have as much ladder matches anymore

i think that mercury didnt think that when you step into the ring with the hardys in a ladder match that you get hurt. and now he's blaming them. they wanted to be in that match too! isn't it THERE fault that it happened?

I watched the PPV, and that was the most viscious thing I've ever seen (except for the previously mentioned incident with Sid Viscious). He was bleeding and swelling right away. The buildup to a rematch between the Hardys and MNM is pretty high. I'd love to see it at Wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back