Meltdown 126: John Doe vs. Tony Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
The camera turns on to show Agent Derek Henderson of the FBI parking outside WZCW headquarters. He goes inside flashing his badge to the security to get past the metal detectors. Once past he gets into the elevator and hits the button for the top floor. He gets out only to be stopped by the temp secretary outside the office of Kenneth A Banks, the owner of WZCW.

Temp: Excuse my sir, do you have an appointment with Mr. Banks? I'm not supposed to let anyone past without one.

Agent Henderson just flashes his badge and walks past her into Mr. Banks' office where the owner of WZCW is working at his desk where he looks up in annoyance at being interrupted. Instead of talking to Agent Henderson he addresses the temp secretary who walked in behind him.

Mr. Banks: Ms. Brooks, what is this? You know I don't like being disturbed, especially when they don't have an appointment.

Ms. Brooks: I'm so sorry Mr. Banks, he flashed a badge a walked right by me without saying a word. I can take him back out if you'd like.

She goes to grab Agent Henderson by the arm but stops when Mr. Banks raises his hand and starts talking again.

Mr. Banks: I'll take it from here Ms Brooks. You just go back to your desk and make sure no one else gets in.

Embarrassed she just nods her head in silence and shuts the door as Mr. Banks looks over at Agent Henderson.

Mr. Banks: Ms. Brooks mentioned a badge. I'm going to need to see that before this goes any further.

Agent Henderson hands Mr. Banks his badge and credentials who looks them over and hands them back before saying another word.

Mr. Banks: How can I help you Agent Henderson? I must admit a little surprise at having the head of the New York branch of the FBI's Organized Crime Division in my office. I assure you I came by my wealth legitimately.

Agent Henderson chuckles quietly as he puts his badge back in his pocket.

Agent Henderson: I'm not here for you Mr. Banks, I'm here because I got a disturbing bit of news and I wanted to warn you that you may have made a mistake.

Mr. Banks leans back in his chair and looks thoughtfully at Agent Henderson.

Mr. Banks: I've been accused of many things in the process of making my fortune but making a mistake has never been one of them. Would you care to elaborate?

Agent Henderson pulls out a thick manila envelope and passes it to Mr. Banks

Agent Henderson: You recently hired Anthony Mancini to a contract and I wanted you to be aware of the kind of man he is.

Mr. Banks looks silently through the papers and after he's done he hands everything back to Agent Henderson.

Mr. Banks: None of this is new information Agent Henderson. I do a thorough background check of everyone who works for me from Bob the backstage worker to the WZCW World Champion Dr. Zeus. Mr. Mancini's background was some cause for alarm which is why I did something I almost never do and signed him to a developmental contract to start off and only just recently gave him a full contract.

Agent Henderson: Were you aware Mr. Banks that Mancini is under investigation for Arson and criminally negligent homicide in the death of a New York City night club owner?

Mr. Banks looks at Agent Henderson for a few silent moments with a thoughtful look on his face.

Mr. Banks: I'm assuming because you used the phrase under investigation that you haven't yet found sufficient evidence to file criminal charges?

Agent Henderson: No yet sir but both the FBI and NYFD are looking through everything to gather the evidence we need.

It's at that moment Ms. Brooks' voice crackles over the intercom on Mr. Banks' desk.

Ms. Brooks: Mr. Banks there's a Mr. Mancini here to see you. He says he has an appointment.

Mr. Banks: Send him in Ms. Brooks I think he would want to hear this.

A few seconds later Anthony Mancini & Gino Rizzoli walk into Mr. Banks' office giving Agent Henderson a surprised look before giving his attention to Mr. Banks.

Tony Mancini: You wanted to see me Mr. B?

Mr. Banks narrows his eyes and leans forward before talking in a quiet voice.

Mr. Banks: Yes Mr. Mancini I did but from this moment on you will either call me Mr. Banks or sir. I am your employer not your friend.

Tony recognizes the tone of authority in Mr. Banks voice and his attitude changes completely.

Tony Mancini: My apologies Mr. Banks it won't happen again sir.

Agent Henderson snorts under his breath but for the moment no one pays him any attention.

Mr. Banks: Good, now that we have that cleared up yes I did want to see you. I wanted to tell you that your debut match will at Meltdown 126 and you will be facing John Doe.

Tony's eyes widen slightly at the mention of his opponent and Gino's eyes narrow like he's thinking about something.

Tony Mancini: Not taking it easy on the new guy are you sir? Throwing me right in the deep end my first time out.

Mr. Banks: There is no shallow end in WZCW Mr. Mancini. I don't employ enhancement talent like other wrestling companies. If you can't cut it against the best you don't deserve to be here.

Tony nods his head as Gino whispers in his ear. Agent Henderson tries to get close enough to hear but before he does Gino stops talking.

Mr. Banks: One more thing about John Doe and then some good news you may not be aware of. You were at Apocalypse, you say John Doe lose his tag team titles to the Phantoms of Chaos. Despite everything he tried he lost. He can't be in a very good mood after that don't you think?

Tony Mancini: Probably not sir, at least I know I wouldn't be. I've got my work cut out for me that's for sure. I'm confident I can beat him though. You said there was some good news?

Mr. Banks smiles and pulls out a slip of paper.

Mr. Banks: The other day I had my personal assistant Ms. Hardwood put out the list of the annual Gold Rush Tournament participants on WZCW.com your name is on that list. Normally I wouldn't give a rookie a spot in the biggest tournament in WZCW but due to roster changes I had no choice. Next week on Ascension you'll be facing elegANT in a qualifying match.

At the mention of the Gold Rush Tournament Tony's eyes widen in both surprise and greed. When he talks everyone can hear the greed and selfishness in his voice.

Tony Mancini: Thank you sir. I wasn't expecting a chance like this for a while. I promise not to let you down.

Mr. Banks: You can't let me down Mr. Mancini people will pay to come to the show whether you win or lose. If you don't have anything else that's all I have for you.

Tony gets up and immediately starts whispering with Gino coming up with a strategy not only for John Doe but elegANT as well. As they walk by Agent Henderson Tony gives him a rough shoulder check and smirks at him as Gino closes the door behind them Mr. Banks turns is attention to Agent Henderson who is still standing where he has been the entire time.

Mr. Banks: Was there something else you needed Agent Henderson?

Agent Henderson: Yes sir, I was hoping you would give me permission to stay backstage during the shows. You heard the tone in Mancini's voice, I'm afraid he'll do something besides fight his opponents in the ring.

Mr. Banks gets a thoughtful look on his as he leans back and thinks about Agent Henderson's request.

Mr. Banks: You may Agent Henderson but make sure you don't get in the way and if you find something you come to me before you do anything.

Agent Henderson nods his head in acceptance of the conditions and heads for the door. The camera fades to black as it pans back to Mr. Banks leaning back in his chair with a satisfied smile on his face.

While the production crew toils away, prepping for the on-camera interview, Johnny Klamor and John Doe sit quietly in folding director-style chairs, facing each other. Doe is facing the floor, his hands folded in his lap, while his thumbs move slowly across the webbing between his fingers. Johnny is going over his notes, occasionally muttering to himself, sometimes crossing out what appears to be paragraphs of text. With every swipe, his frustration grows visibly.

Production Assistant: We're about seven minutes from rolling, Mr. Klamor.

Johnny Klamor: Huh? Oh, okay. Thanks.

Johnny goes back to his work, mildly perturbed by the interruption. John Doe looks up for a moment, then goes back to inspecting whatever it was that had his gaze on the floor.

What feels like hours pass...

Johnny Klamor: God dammit! I can't do this!

With that, Johnny throws his folder towards the screen behind them. It flutters open as it falls to the ground as the contents spill out. Johnny jumps to his feet, his face nearly matching his signature red blazer, his pudgy finger extended in Doe's direction. John Doe sits quietly, his body language unchanged, but his gaze now moved from the floor to Johnny. The corner of his mouth curls up into an almost-grin, anticipating the oncoming outrage from his counterpart.

Johnny Klamor: I've been doing this a long time, and dealt with a lot of shady people, but YOU! YOU, Mr. Doe! You take the cake! And not just you, but the entire farce you call a Trinity! Dr. Zeus! Ramparte! What is it all for? Huh? Can you tell me that?

Doe doesn't respond, and instead just sits more upright, his hands remaining folded in his lap, the grin still resting on his face. Klamor turns and sends his chair flying with a kick.

Johnny Klamor: Can you hear me? I know these little sit down chats aren't your style, but I demand some respect, kid! What's your goal?

John Doe: Johnny...Can I call you Johnny? If you don't know what it's all for, then you haven't been paying attention.

Johnny Klamor: I've been watching. I've seen everything you guys have been up to. I may not be on TV every week, but I'm always lurking...watching...I saw you and Fallout rise above the odds, and win the tag belts. Then I saw you and your father let Fallout be taken out as a pawn to your scheme. Then I saw you both get into Ramparte's head, brainwashing him into...whatever it is you believe. And then, you know what I saw?

John knows where this is going, and rises to his feet, clenching and unclenching his fists. The smile is gone. His eyes widen.

Johnny Klamor: I saw you lose your belts! You thought you could take on a hall of famer, and a hell of a wrestler in Ty and El Caidos, and you lost! All your best laid plans, eh, John? Huh? How about that!?

John Doe: Like...I...said...Johnny. You haven't been paying attention. The belts...They meant nothing in the grand scheme of things. At least, they weren't at the start. Live Mas was not worthy of their reign, and we made it our goal to diminish some of the sickening light that has been plaguing this company. Once the belts were ours, the next mission was to tear down Ty and the dragon. Ty was delusional, to think he could come back here, and pretend nothing happened in the past. We made it our goal to break him down, and unleash the Chaos he had buried deep down. In the process, the belts became a part of me. Losing them crushed me to the core. I have a new mission. It will be revealed soon enough...When the time's right. Ramparte...he has his own mission. And...I think we both know about the champion's mission, and the fat waste and the loose cannon that are challenging him.

Johnny Klamor: Loose cannon? Ha! Who are you to talk?!

Without either man realizing it, they are face to face, both gritting their teeth in rage.

John Doe: You say you see a lot, and you keep showing that's a lie! In case you didn't know, I've discovered a lot about my past, as well as my future! You call me a loose cannon!? I like to think of it more as a controlled chaos, and if you want to see exactly what I mean, then keep up with the questions!

Johnny backs away, realizing he's taken it a step too far, nearly tripping over his chair, and instead falling into it. Now seated, he stares up at John as the grin returns to John's face.

Stacey Madison: Hey! What's going on in here? John? Johnny?

Stacey had rushed in during the argument, but neither man had noticed.

John Doe: Johnny and I are...having a little chat.

Stacey Madison: Chat? Really? We can hear you guys down the hall!

John Doe: Sometimes, things need to be said a little louder than usual, for the point to get across. Don't you worry your little blonde head. Johnny here is okay.

Stacey Madison: I'm not just some dumb blonde, John!

John turns away from Johnny, now facing Stacey.

John Doe: But, aren't you? You're all the same, hiding behind your masks! But that's a story to be revealed another day, Stacey.

Stacey Madison: Masks? What are you talking about, psycho?!

John Doe: The Trinity...We're going to pull back the veil on this whole thing. Every member of this roster is wearing a mask, and their true faces will all be shown soon enough...Soon enough...

Stacey throws her hands up and turns, flipping her hair in the process, before walking out. John calmly sits back down, grinning in Johnny's direction once again.

Production Assistant: Okay, guys...Live in thirty seconds...

Johnny quickly grabs up a sheet of paper that was resting near his feet, and regains his composure, smiling at the cameraman as he counts down the final seconds before air.

Johnny Klamor: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another WZCW.com exclusive! You know me, I'm Johnny Klamor, and with me today is the ever-interesting...John Doe.

The camera switches to Doe, who remains unmoved, his hands clasped in his lap, and his eyes fixed on Johnny's face.

Johnny Klamor: He's...uh...never been one for interviews, so this is a bit of a special occasion for WZCW. Now, John, at Apocalypse, we saw you attempt to defend both of the tag team titles against the Phantoms of Chaos. As the fans well know, you were unsuccessful in your bid, but put up a hell of a fight. What was the gameplan?

John Doe: The simplest gameplan there can be. Inflict pain.

Johnny Klamor: Is there any plan in place, to pursue a rematch? Or are you done with the tag division for the meantime?

John Doe: When the time's right, I will regain the tag team championships. For now, there's other, bigger, fish to fry.

Johnny Klamor: Care to clue us in?

John Doe: Nope.

Johnny Klamor: Give me something here, John. We have a lot of time to fill.

John Doe: I told you, off camera...Everyone in this godforsaken place is wearing a mask. And it's my job to reveal their true faces.

Johnny Klamor: Which brings me to your match this week. The rookie, Tony Mancini.

John Doe: What about him?

Johnny Klamor: What mask is he wearing? Everything seems pretty cut and dry with him. He's got a bit of a sketchy pass, some possibly shady happenings in his personal life...and he's a fan of hurting people. Like you.

John Doe: No one enjoys inflicting pain the way I do, Johnny. And that's where Mr. Mancini wears his mask. He wants to play the tough guy, and put on this persona of someone not to be trifled with. Yet, he knows not with who he trifles. We'll see if he can absorb pain as easily as he claims to dish it out. If he won't listen to the Word Of LaVey, then it will be a Baptism By Blood. Doesn't matter to me.

Johnny Klamor: So your gameplan is to go for a submission?

John Doe: My gameplan is to make him hurt. Whether he taps out, or stares at the lights for a three count makes no difference to me.

Johnny Klamor: Moving on from Mancini...How do you feel about being excluded from the upcoming Gold Rush tournament? Word around the water cooler is that you would have done quite well, had you been included.

John Doe: Exactly. Why would I need to enter the tournament, to earn a title shot, when the belt is safely in the hands of my father?

Johnny Klamor: That makes sense, but what about Ramparte? Dissention in the ranks?

John Doe: Let's just say he's a quality...insurance policy. Ramparte enters the tournament...wins...and we don't need to worry about anyone else attempting to end my father's reign over this company.

Johnny Klamor: You guys seem to have it all figured out...don't you?

John Doe: Have we failed at anything we've set out to do, to this point?

Johnny Klamor: You did lose your tag belts, and...

John Doe: You really don't pay attention, do you? Losing the belts was a setback, but the ultimate goal of breaking down Ty and El Caidos was achieved.

Before Johnny can answer another question, John rips off the microphone, and throws it down, causing a high-pitched squeal. Johnny looks defeated, staring down at his notes as Doe slams the door shut behind him.

The camera cuts to black...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back