Meilichia Tribute Thread

Wow Spawn/Buble (sorry man first impressions) dropping "How to Rob an industry N****" man you are on top of your game!! I share identical sentiments about the guy. Based on that outing at the time I thought he was talented and was jawjacked with his barrage of self-exploitation. Anywho enough said, very impressed by that, anyone who hasn't heard "How to rob and industry n****" by 50 cent should give it a listen for the fuck of it.

Yeah, he sold out big time. Every other song from him is about sex. Speaking as a confident heterosexual male, I must say that he is not sexy at all and looks lame these days. Where is Ja Rule when you need him? lol

I always pictured Spawn as more of a classical listener myself. Maybe some opera now and again... showtunes...

I actually dabble in a little of everything. I listen to classical, r&b, rock, pop, rap, and pretty much anything with a driving beat. So that excludes country. lol

Haha Edgefan#1 you're so right, that's why I was taken off guard when he dropped legitimate 50 cent work. Mos Def and Talib Kweli are two of my favourites Spawn who are some of yours?

Mos Def is good. Talib Kwali is alright. They pretty much count as one as Black Star. lol I gotta go classic with Tupac. But then I sidestep one of the south's best storytellers in Scarface. I'm really getting into Rick Ross as well. UGK is classic and always will be. Jay Z sold his soul, I have no respect for him. Ludacris has toned down quite a bit too. Busta is commercial. The west no longer has any strong competitors. Lil Wayne has come into his own with his skills, but his voice gets annoying. So I would have to say that Young Jeezy and TI are new southern favs.

I don't know if most 'goths' enjoy death metal you would have to ask them, I personally am not a huge fan. I prefer classic rock, operatic metal and metal stuff, death metal doesn't often have a good singing voice, which in my opinion all music needs... My favourite bands/singers are Led Zep, T Rex, Tarja Turunen and MSI ... not death metal at all.

I enjoy classic rock, i'll listen to anything except bad pop music and hip hop

I thought it seemed too good to be true. For the record I myself am not a fan of rap (unless your name happens to be Biggie Smalls) rather I enjoy hip hop. Big difference. When the art is performed well it's poetry. Plain and simple. If you listen to Rakim, Nas, Notorious Big, they do well to exemplify this. If you do have ANY incling to give it a shot then I suggest one song to give a chance to: Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Common - Respiration.

"I like to think, and then I sink into the paper, like I was ink" - Rakim.

All music is poetry, if you listen to good music, the lyrics themselves are poetry, why does rap music or hip hop for that matter have to be any more poetic than a rock song?
And why 'did it seem too good to be true?'... that could be taken as an insult, for one you are thinking stereotypically, because i am a goth i don't like a certain genre, you also could be insulting me by not reading what i had wrote.
Music is a personal choice, you like hip hop, i don't.
I have an incredibly varied taste is music, it just doesn't happen to include rap, pop, and techno in most circumstances.

Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, AC/ DC, Zeppelin, Guns and Roses, Van Halen and some lighter stuff like the Eagles, CCR, and John Mellencamp

Black Sabbath is overrated. Judas Priest is literally gay. AC/DC is good, but you forgot Quiet Riot. Zepplin is classic. I'm a Lynard Skinnard fan myself. And you forgot Moody Blues as well. Now which Van Halen did you mean? In my humble opinion, then were only good with David Lee Roth. But Sammy Hagar still kix ass. CCR is too tree huggin hippyish for me. And Well I could say the same thing about Mellancamp. GNR are gods! I'd like to take a crap on Aerosmith. THey are too commercial.

well those are the classic rock bands I like, I've never heard of half the bands you just listed. besides, my primary favorite genre that I listen to is death metal, I listen to classic rock to help myself mellow out.

All music is poetry, if you listen to good music, the lyrics themselves are poetry, why does rap music or hip hop for that matter have to be any more poetic than a rock song?
And why 'did it seem too good to be true?'... that could be taken as an insult, for one you are thinking stereotypically, because i am a goth i don't like a certain genre, you also could be insulting me by not reading what i had wrote.
Music is a personal choice, you like hip hop, i don't.
I have an incredibly varied taste is music, it just doesn't happen to include rap, pop, and techno in most circumstances.

I was definately thinking stereotypically, you have referred to yourself as Gothic and that itself is a "genre". At that I've never met a "Goth" who enjoyed hip hop and I thought you may be the first, hence too good to be true. I respect your taste as far as youve presented it and I thought you had just totally blown the mold. I have to say that hip hop is "more" "poetic" than rock because it is literally spoken word. Like something presented in a coffee shop only with a drum machine behind it...or the Roots and youre a live band. I have to rephrase that I suppose I mean poetry is too fucking broad of a term. To be concise, hip hop is more spoken word poetry like than rock n roll. That's all, no big deal. Was suggesting some really good shit in case you wanted to broaden your horizons with some stuff you might not have heard of. Anywho try and find that on-line slap bass tutorial for me if you can.

I listened to nothing but the Beatles and the Doors (with some Hendrix, Stones, classic rock) until highschool when I started listening to hip hop exclusively. It wasn't until Schism by Tool that I even got back into Rock, which thankfully I did.

well those are the classic rock bands I like, I've never heard of half the bands you just listed. besides, my primary favorite genre that I listen to is death metal, I listen to classic rock to help myself mellow out..

You have never heard of Lynard Skynard? Dude. Sweet Home Alabama? Freebird? The song with one of the longest guitar solos in history? Death metal? So like what? Propain and such?

A few good bands there! Led Zep are my favourite classic rock band, mainly because i grew up on them, and you got to love a bit of glam rock, T Rex where amazing! Queen are good for a drunken sing a long :p
I like a lot of old music though, I like classic rock, and original punk bands... such as Led Zep, Cream, Stranglers, the Who, the Doors, the Eagles, old Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, the Animals, Bowie.
I also like metal, Dark wave, heavy metal, nu metal, operatic metal, punk, rock, soul, classical, early pop-punk... so 'Whatcripplesthelegand' my horizons are broad enough if i do say so myself. As a matter of fact there is only a few genres of music i don't listen to, pop because i like drums and guitars, hip hop/rap because i like good singers, techno/dance music because i actually like music, not just a beat, screamy emo music because its screechy and they can't play their instruments well at all.

You have never heard of Lynard Skynard? Dude. Sweet Home Alabama? Freebird? The song with one of the longest guitar solos in history? Death metal? So like what? Propain and such?

I've heard of Skynard, there are some songs by him I like and some I hate. And no, not all death metal is about pain and suffering and devil worshiping, thats a stereotype. It true that when Death metal started in the early 80's the name Death Metal was coined because a majority of the bands at the time dealt primarily with death and gore and anti religious material. Now there are bands in death metal that deal with politics and animal rights, there are Christian death metal bands, bands that deal with human nature and human philosophy, as well as other religions such as Ancient Greece, Egypt, Old Norse, and some others. The term 'Death Metal' is now known as a genre divider, it keeps the Thrash and Extreme metal bands separate from Death metal.

The two primary types of Death metal I collect are Melodic Death metal and Brutal Death Metal. Many of the bands of these two subgenres are different and they focus on different elements and themes. My favorite Band, Death, the band that started Death Metal, they write songs that deal primarily with Human nature, love, hate, man cruelty to other men, religion, and other philosophy's. Death is part of the melodic death metal portion of Death Metal. Nile is probably my second favorite. They write songs that are based mostly on Ancient Egyption themes. Religion, warfare, worship towards gods, how they lived, family customs, religious customs, rich vs poor, slavery, etc.

It just depends on what your into, I have a hoard of other stuff as well, but those two subgenres are the two which include the bands that I mostly listen to the most.

Meillichia youre horizons are quite fuckin broad granted entirely!!

Have you heard the Tool album which is a best of, but all their songs are redone exclusively with string instruments? The name of it eludes me at the moment but if youre curious I thoroughly suggest a check out. Maynard is a fuckin genius!

Echelon that was quite an informative post on the definition of death metal, very enlightening. The band that covers Egyptian themes sounds very fuckin cool. Suggest one great song that might get me into it?

Right on man thanks a lot. I enjoyed their transitions they were pretty sick and they're obviously skillful musicians. However I couldn't clearly make out the words and I don't like that about music at all, especially when I know the vocalist has something positive/intruiging to say. And I don't believe in looking up lyrics on the net either, unless I'm caught on one word in a sentance or something. Thanks though. Peace.

I've heard of Skynard, there are some songs by him I like and some I hate. And no, not all death metal is about pain and suffering and devil worshiping, thats a stereotype. It true that when Death metal started in the early 80's the name Death Metal was coined because a majority of the bands at the time dealt primarily with death and gore and anti religious material. Now there are bands in death metal that deal with politics and animal rights, there are Christian death metal bands, bands that deal with human nature and human philosophy, as well as other religions such as Ancient Greece, Egypt, Old Norse, and some others. The term 'Death Metal' is now known as a genre divider, it keeps the Thrash and Extreme metal bands separate from Death metal.

The two primary types of Death metal I collect are Melodic Death metal and Brutal Death Metal. Many of the bands of these two subgenres are different and they focus on different elements and themes. My favorite Band, Death, the band that started Death Metal, they write songs that deal primarily with Human nature, love, hate, man cruelty to other men, religion, and other philosophy's. Death is part of the melodic death metal portion of Death Metal. Nile is probably my second favorite. They write songs that are based mostly on Ancient Egyption themes. Religion, warfare, worship towards gods, how they lived, family customs, religious customs, rich vs poor, slavery, etc.

It just depends on what your into, I have a hoard of other stuff as well, but those two subgenres are the two which include the bands that I mostly listen to the most.

Um wow. This is akward. While I was rather informed by your explaination, I'm afraid that there was a slight miscommunication here. I was saying that Death Metal is propain as in pro or anti. I was asking were you into the actual "BAND" Propain. You know, The ones who sing "One Man Army". Sorry about that my friend.

Um wow. This is akward. While I was rather informed by your explaination, I'm afraid that there was a slight miscommunication here. I was saying that Death Metal is propain as in pro or anti. I was asking were you into the actual "BAND" Propain. You know, The ones who sing "One Man Army". Sorry about that my friend.

sorry about that, I've never heard of the band Propain, what genre are they?

Right on man thanks a lot. I enjoyed their transitions they were pretty sick and they're obviously skillful musicians. However I couldn't clearly make out the words and I don't like that about music at all, especially when I know the vocalist has something positive/intruiging to say. And I don't believe in looking up lyrics on the net either, unless I'm caught on one word in a sentance or something. Thanks though. Peace.

here are the lyrics to that song

Asfetiu
Asfetiu

Fiends, criminals, slaves, blasphemers
The word of Ra is against you
Ye are fettered and bound with leather
Straps... helpless, doomed
Wailing in unendurable torment
Lashed to the forked slave stick by the neck

Lashed to the slave stick
Abata ankh t khet
Neba t steb tcha

Ra pronounceth the formula against thee
The Eye of Horus is prepared to attack thee
Sekhmet uttereth words of flame against thee
And pierceth thy breast

Your evil deeds have turned against you
Your plottings have come upon you
For your abominable acts
You shall be lashed to the slave stick

Abui. the god who burns the dead
Shall leave you smoldering in exile from the Netherworld
Abati, the gorer
Causes you to howl like a jackal in anguish

Your doom hath been decreed by Ra
Your unjust and perverse judgements are upon yourselves
The wickedness of your words of cursing are upon you
It is you who hath committed the unutterable
And wrought iniquity in the great hall

Your corruptible bodies shall be cut to pieces
Your souls shall have no existence
Ye shall never again see Ra
As he journyeth in the hidden land
The doom of Ra is upon you

Abata ankh t khet
Neba t steb tcha

Not to get off subject, but did anybody know that photos of Michael Buble surfaced on the net this week? And everybody is making fun of them. lol

Echelon thanks again man. Those lyrics are fucking great. Who makes songs about Egyptian theology? Seriously. Meillichia's point is well represented there with all music being poetry. And at that the reason i enjoy hip hop so much is because when someone has something truly great/prevoking/wonderous to say I really appreciate being able to hear it sussinctly. However I will undoubtedly admit I'm not inclined to pick up on words in rock so easily. Too entranced by the music. Anywho thanks again man good shit, very enlightening.

Spawn what were the pictures of exactly? I'm guessing something explicit thus hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back