MD59: Johnny Scumm vs. Saboteur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Two newcomers take each other on as Johnny Scumm will take on Saboteur in a one on one bout. Little is known about these two competitors, but who's going to shine on their first ever night on Meltdown?

Deadline is Tuesday 19th July 23:59 EST

Sabotaging The Saboteur

Backstage after the Contract Battle Royal, which took place at the WZCW House Show, Johnny Scumm makes his way out, having not been successful. He didn't end up being the last man standing in the Ring and his attitude is one to show it. He storms out, shouting in the face of anyone trying to talk to him and kicking anything in sight out of the way.

Scumm: Goddamnit! (He places his head in his hands) That whole thing, that Battle Royal, that contract, it was all mine! I take my eye off the ball for one second and that's it, it's gone. Like the speed of a bullet aimed at the Brain it was over. I was on the floor and I know I shouldn't have been.

Scumm continues charging around backstage, punching walls and doors alike. He is wanting to make his way to a Locker but before he can get there, a man stands in front of him, blocking his way. It's Alvin, one of WZCW's Interns, but Scumm doesn't know this and still decides to launch a tirade at him.

Scumm: Move! I've not got any time to waste with people like you, you scrawny little..

Alvin: You probably don't wanna finish that sentence off now Mr. Scumm.

Scumm: Why's that? I've just lost all chances to get into WZCW being eliminated from that Battle Royal, so do you think that I am in the best of moods right now?

Alvin. Well....

Scumm: How about I finish for you this time?! (Scumm picks up his Battle Royal Application and screws it up. He then throws it into a trash can) No, I am not in a great or good mood at all. I am extremely pissed off and this isn't a moment for you to get on the wrong side of me because looking at you, I would have no problem with showing you what happens to people who do it.

Alvin: I'm not here to get on the "wrong side" of you Mr. Scumm, which looks to be a good thing at the moment. I'm here to say that tomorrow, in the morning, I would like to make an appointment to see you. I understand as a wrestler you must be very busy, but I could be able to bring you very good news.

Scumm: Good news? Unless the guy who won the Battle Royal, Saboteur or whatever his name is has been disqualified and decapitated, no news is good news. Why can't you tell me now, whatever it is?

Alvin: It's not definite news yet, but hopefully for you and my own life, it will be. I need to get going now, where shall I meet you?

Johnny grabs a pen along with Alvins arm. Rather forcefully, he writes on his arm where to meet him.

Scumm: Now go and I guess I'll see you when I have to see you.

Night passes and the new day approaches. It's still early morning, around 6am and Alvin has teamed up with a Cameraman to go and record his meeting with Johnny Scumm. The two men get in a Car and drive down to the meeting place. They stop outside the edge of what looks like a Forest.

C/Man: You sure we're even in the right place Al?

Alvin: Look at my arm. This is the exact place he wanted to meet us. I'm guessing we're going for a walk from now.

The two men walk aimlessly around the Forest and share conversation on just how crazy Scumm may actually be. Daylight is still breaking as by 7am, they finally find Johnny. He is sitting on a Log in what feels like the centre of the entire land. Scumm points at a Log which is situated opposite his for both Alvin and the Cameraman to sit down on. They take their places and Scumm begins to look at them.

Scumm: Welcome gentlemen, to what I like to call just a part of my humble abode. I like to sit here and be at one with myself. Unfortunately, the sun is breaking through the clouds and we've not got the perfect weather for this little..."occasion". So Alvin, have you brought me some good news?

Alvin: I really do hope I have. I've spoken with WZCW officials and even though Saboteur won the Contract Battle Royal, they decided that two other men would be given Contracts to the company. One of them was Jack Skinner, who was the man who eliminated yourself. However, the other man who managed to gain a contract, is you Mr. Scumm. You are officially a member of the WZCW Roster, how do you feel?

Scumm sits there, with his hands on knees and a blank look on his face.

Scumm: Ecstatic. I couldn't be happier. So, do I get some kind of reward for this? A chance to kick Ty Burna's teeth down the back of his throat and take my rightful place as WZCW Champion?

Alvin: Not exactly. You barely managed to gain a contract here Mr. Scumm. What you do get though is a debut match on Meltdown, against the winner of the Contract Battle Royal, Saboteur!

Scumm wants to lunge himself on Alvin as the news has not impressed him in the slightest, but he refrains. He clenches his fists tight and starts to systematically smack them on his knees.

Scumm: Oh, that's just great news isn't it Alvin? A match against the man who I obviously am being billed as "worse than" him? Saboteur, the winner of the Battle Royal, who must obviously be the best out of all the 10 men in that match right? No. You see Saboteur that there's a difference between a Battle Royal and a "Singles Match". In one, it just involves throwing your opponents over the Top Rope. In the other, you need to bring your best to the game so that you can keep your opponent down for a 1...2...3! We've not seen you do that yet, nor have you seen me do it. But anyone can have the luck of the draw in a Battle Royal. You however, will not be so lucky come Meltdown. Whether I choose to go down the path of the Brawler in me, where I pound you down into the mat, only to lift you up onto my shoulders and drop your head down onto my Knee, also known as the Face-Breaker or I choose to work you on the Floor, using grapples and submissions, only for you to accidentally land in my Memory Loss and fade away, I will win this match. You don't stand a chance in hell against me, because I am everything you are not.

Alvin: What do you mean by that?

Scumm: It doesn't matter what I mean. What you need to do is watch me on Meltdown. I'm going to make more of an impression than anyone ever has done so on a debut and it will be explosive. I'll have my hand raised in victory and then I'm on the road to Championship Gold. I don't care what it is, it's going to be mine.

Alvin: If you're so confident Mr. Scumm, then I guess you have every chance in the world at winning come Meltdown, but just to let you know. I've met Saboteur and he's a very confident man, much like yourself. I think it's going to be a well fought match between and for the both of you, but for me to pull a winner from this one? I just couldn't.

Scumm: You don't need to "pull" a winner, because you're looking at him. Although Alvin, you do know that's there's only one way to beat the Saboteur?

Alvin: ....And what's that exactly?

Scumm: Sabotage.

Scumm gets up and walks away. The camera turns to Alvin and he looks dumbfounded. He doesn't understand what Scumm just meant, but as the Camera turns around to catch him, he's gone.

The scene starts with a close up of Saboteur’s face, reminiscent of his first appearance in All-Stars.

Saboteur: So I tossed the last guy over the rope, he crashed to the floor, and I won the Contract Battle Royal! Take it in dude, you’re looking at WZCW’s next big thing!

Pizza Guy: Uh, cool. So are you gonna pay for this or what?

Saboteur reaches into his pants and pulls out a wad of crumpled up bills that he shoves into the pizza guy’s hand and takes the pizza.

Saboteur: Say, you look familiar. Did I ever kill you?

Pizza Guy (dryly): I can say with some certainty that you have never killed me.

Saboteur: Hmm, must be imagining things. Oh well, toodles!

Saboteur slams the door shut and makes his way to the couch where Garrett is sitting, watching M*A*S*H. He puts the pizza box on the coffee table and both he and Garrett take out a slice of pizza covered in all sorts of weird toppings. Saboteur bites right into the pizza as Garrett hesitantly bites in and makes an odd face as he tastes the flavors that aren’t exactly working together.

Garrett: You know, I would have liked to watch your match rather than 100 episodes of various Scott Baio shows. I still can’t believe you won.

Saboteur: Funny thing, I don’t know if I actually won… it all happened so fast! I’ve just been telling people I have because it sounds more impressive. Besides, my match wasn’t televised anyway, but my next match will be!

Garrett: Really? You have a match already? With who?

Saboteur: With Johnny Scumm, a guy that was in the Battle Royal with me.

Garrett: Wow, very nice, so what’s your plan?

Saboteur: Plan?

Garrett: Uh, yeah, how do you plan on beating him?

Saboteur: Well, I figured I’d just go out there and kick his ass. My healing factor should take care of any damage he throws my way, so I’ll just outlast him until I get the win.

Garrett: Sab, do you remember that time you shot yourself in the foot just to prove you have a healing factor?

Saboteur: Yeah, and I did.

Garrett: You couldn’t walk for four months!

Saboteur: But it would have been six months if I were a regular person!

Garrett: You don’t have four months to win the match though, you only have about 10 minutes, tops. I’ll I’m saying is maybe you should come up with a backup plan.

Saboteur: I suppose that’s not a bad idea. After all, all the best heroes have plan Bs.

Garrett: Exactly. You just need to prepare for Scumm. What I think you should do is…

Saboteur: I know! I’ll do a training montage!

A cutaway begins with Saboteur in his kitchen with the Rocky theme playing in the background. He is wearing a wife beater, gym shorts, and a sweatband over his regular costume, and he’s holding a cup with raw eggs in it. He breaks one more egg into the cup and picks it up to drink it. He’s about to chug the concoction when he’s interrupted by Garrett.

Garrett: Hold up Sab, training montages are done to death, maybe you should try something else. Besides, I’m pretty sure drinking raw eggs will do nothing for you except give you salmonella.

The camera cuts back to Saboteur, who has suddenly changed outfits. Instead of gym clothes he is now wearing baggy jeans, a striped polo, and a backwards hat, all still over his costume.

Saboteur: Pffft, I decided against a training montage like, 5 seconds ago. I’m just going to have a long, soul-searching walk montage instead.

Garrett: I don’t think any montage is going to help you beat Scumm on Meltdown.

The camera cuts back to Saboteur, who is now just in his normal outfit.

Saboteur: Then what can I do!? All my ideas come from classic 80s film! They don’t teach you how to beat 220 pounds of angry English orphan in Ferris Beuller’s Day Off!

Garrett: Well, in Joanie Loves Chachi, Joanie wants Chachi to take her out dancing, but Chachi is afraid to because he doesn’t know how. He says no, and it makes Joanie really upset, and rightfully so. However, Chachi is so dedicated to Joanie that he secretly takes dance lessons and surprises her by taking her to a dance club.

Saboteur: So? What’s your point?

Garrett: If you really want something, all you have to do is dedicate yourself to it, and you can do anything.

Saboteur: That might be the STUPIDEST thing I’ve ever… wait a minute, I have an idea! Garrett, slap me!

Garrett is surprised by Saboteur’s odd request.

Garrett: What? Why?

Saboteur: Because whenever someone is being irrational and needs to get serious, a slap in the face always does the trick!

Garrett: Okay, you don’t have to ask me twice.

Garrett winds up and slaps Saboteur so hard that some spit flies out of Saboteur’s mouth.

Saboteur: Ouch! Jeeze, that hurt like a mother!

Garrett: Did it work?

Saboteur: Does it look like it worked? Do you see a light bulb over my head? No, all you see are there freakin’ birds flying around in circles.

Garrett: Uh, I think you’re seeing things Sab.

Saboteur: Wouldn’t be the first time I… WAIT! THERE IT IS!

Garrett: Huh?

Saboteur: No time to explain! I need privacy!

Saboteur grabs Garrett by the collar and throws him into the apartment’s bathroom.

Saboteur: Stay in there until I let you out. There’s a copy of Us Weekly on the toilet.

Garrett: That issue is from 1994!

Saboteur ignores Garrett and shuts the door on him. Saboteur goes to his couch, pulls a laptop out from between the cushions, and sits down and turns the computer on. He types in something and then watches.

Copeland: Ladies and gentlemen welcome to WZCW Kingdom Come!

Connor: We're here in a sold out Wembley Stadium which has over 90,000 fans just waiting to get us started.

The screen fades to black as Saboteur watches Kingdom Come II on his laptop.

We fade back in with the camera focusing on Garrett, who is asleep against the wall of the bathroom. It’s quite dark in the room, but it gets much brighter when Saboteur opens the door. Garrett wakes up when the light from the outside gets on his face.

Garrett (sleepily): Nobody can play mentally challenged like you, Tom Hanks.

Saboteur is standing straight up in the door. His voice is different, much more serious sounding, as if he just saw a ghost. He doesn’t sound frightened, nor does he sound brave, he just sounds like he’s learned something that will change his life forever.

Saboteur: Garrett, I’m ready.

Garrett perks up and gets more alert.

Garrett: Hmmm, what are you talking about?

Saboteur: For the last four hours,

Garrett: You left me in here for four hours?

Saboteur: I’ve been watching WZCW matches non-stop. I’ve watched all the greatest wrestlers that have ever come through WZCW’s doors. Ty Burna, Titus, Everest, Blade… I studied their moves, I watched what separated them from the rest of the bunch.

Garrett seems almost mesmerized by Saboteur’s attitude and words.

Garrett: What is it?

Saboteur: It’s everything. They know when to attack and when to defend. They know when to use their power to pound an opponent into the ground or when to use precise strikes and holds to wear their enemy down. It’s like they know exactly what their opponent is going to do before they do it, it’s like they know exactly who their opponent is.

And you know what? I know exactly who Scumm is.

Scumm is a brawler that decided to take his favorite past time, beating up people that were weaker than him, and change it into a career. He’s been pretty successful too, he’s bounced around from place to place winning a fight here, a tournament there, and he’s made a name for himself, but now he’s in the big leagues and he’s not going to be stepping in the ring with some nobody that’s had one to many beers and a head full of liquid courage. Only the best of the best can get in a WZCW ring, and he’ll be meeting one of the best when he gets in the ring with me on Meltdown.

He better not think he can knock me out with his brawling. I’ve been in fights with people from all over the world. I’ve fought masters of karate, Muay Thai, Savate, Tae Kwan Do, Sambo, you name the style, I’ve fought someone who knows every thing about it and how to use it to kill you. If he thinks his uneducated fists and feet can take down a trained martial artist like me, he’s got another thing coming.

Maybe he’ll rely on his submission holds. If that’s his plan, he has no hope. Maybe he’ll use his figure four leg lock? When the KGB captured me they hung me upside down by my legs for twelve hours. Maybe he’ll try his sleeper hold? When I was training myself to become a mercenary I would practice holding my breath underwater. My longest time? Five minutes and seventeen seconds. Let’s see him keep on a sleeper hold for that long. Or maybe he’ll try his dreaded LeBell Lock. Please, I’ve been exposed to every form of torture there is on this planet, and I sincerely doubt the LeBell Lock could be any worse than being stung by Taiwanese Scorpions repeatedly, having my head smashed against a concrete block until it broke, or being forced to look at naked pictures of Kim Jong Il for hours at a time.

Scumm may be physically strong, but he's mentally weak. Maybe he's taken one too many bumps to the head, maybe the English school system failed him, I don't really know, and I don't really care. He's unintelligent, uncreative, and unimaginative. Strength alone will not get him anywhere in WZCW, and he's missing the other key elements that make a winner.

So I’ve told you what Scumm isn’t going to do to me… but let me tell you what I’m going to do to Scumm. I’m going to break him in every way imaginable. I’m going to show him how real men fight, not with just their muscles, but with their minds too. I’ll wear him down to the point where he’ll be begging for the match to end, and I will oblige him by hitting him with the Death Blow.

Now you might think I’m going overboard right now, Garrett, but I’m not. This is my first official match in WZCW, and therefore the most important match of my career. I CANNOT lose this match, there’s just no way I’m going to let that happen. And it won’t happen, because I am the superior competitor in every way imaginable.

There’s a brief moment of silence as Saboteur stands and Garrett sits in silence.

Garrett: Wow…

Saboteur shakes his head similar to how a dog shakes its body when it’s wet.

Saboteur: Huh? What happened, I zoned out for a second there.

Garrett: Sab, I think you’re ready for Scumm.

Saboteur gets in his hero pose and clears his throat to prepare to talk in his hero voice.

Saboteur: Then it is written in the stars. This Saturday on Meltdown, the world will be treated to a show for the ages as Saboteur vanquishes his foe, Johnny Scumm, and begins a fruitful career in the world’s greatest wrestling federation, WZCW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back