MD45: Scott Hammond vs. Steven Holmes w/Doug Crashin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Originally scheduled to be a tag team match between the Crashin Movement and Brothers in Arms, Doug Crashin had to pull out due to a hamstring pull and will be now at ringside while CM member Steven Holmes takes on Scott Hammond. While neither were successful in their respective Championship matches, there's no doubt that both men are motivated to do well for their respective teams.

Deadline for RPs is Tuesday 14th September 23:59 EST

The following was shot for WZCW.com

We open up in a medium sized arena. People have flooded the arena. It’s completely sold out. The fans are practically bloodthirsty, waving their signs, chanting names of their favourite wrestlers. It’s fever pitch. Spirit Never Dies by Masterplan can be heard playing the background as the final few discover their seats.
[YOUTUBE]1oDXRo78rtY[/YOUTUBE]

Finally, Selena Anderson enters the ring, microphone with her, looking ravishing as always. The microphone is a plug-in. Some fans are clearly heard giving her the wolf whistle while others make various flattering comments about her. She’s obviously relishing the spotlight. She giggles a little and, with a smile on her face waves, to the crowd. He puts the mic to her face as she prepares to talk into it.

Selena: Ladies & Gentlemen; Welcome to WZCW!

The crowd lets out an almighty roar. They are clearly up for what should be a fantastic show following the Pay Per View. She puts the microphone to her face once again.

Selena: Our opening contest is scheduled for one fa--

Suddenly Selena is cut off by the blast of...

[YOUTUBE]8-pVJ3w0tJI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

...Hells Bells by Bruce Faulconer! It can only signal the arrival of one man; Steven Holmes! Holmes slowly walks out from the curtain with a devilish grin stretched across his face, almost as if he’s feeding off of ruining Selena’s big moment. The fans absolutely despise Holmes and they boo him like there is no tomorrow. Holmes continues to gleefully smile and strut to the ring. He’s kitted out in a very expensive suit, his hair has grown since his appearance at Unscripted and he rubs his hand through his hair. He enters the ring, smile intact and asks for the microphone off of Selena. She’s obviously upset by Holmes’ interference in the usual proceedings but she complies. With a heavy hart and a long face, she leaves the ring as looks around the arena. The fans continue to boo him relentlessly. He goes to put the microphone to his face but this only prompts more boos. Holmes laughs. He tries to speak a few more times with the same result, but eventually the booing dies down. He attempts it again...

Holmes: Such a warm reception he--

The crowd boos, cutting him off. He continues anyway, raising his voice over the crowd’s.

Holmes: (Unclear due to continued booing) May I speak?

The crowd just boos even louder. Holmes shakes his head, laughing. He attempts to put the microphone to use again as the booing dies down, the crowd getting a little tired of the booing.

Holmes: I see you’ve worn yourself out. Before I begin, I must take the time out to pay tribute to a special man in WZCW history. This man was well loved by the fans, this man was well respected by a lot of people in the back, he captured gold, and while his reign at the top may not have been the best, it sure was fun. He was always a great character. One of the greats in WZCW...

Holmes pauses as the crowd breaks into a ‘Thank You Titus’ chant. Holmes nods, looking slightly moved.

Holmes: This man was a pioneer and a true great, I’m of course talking about; Hunter S. Kravinoff.

The crowd erupts with hatred, booing Holmes as the expected the former World Champion, Titus’, name to be mentioned. Holmes laughs, having played the crowd like a fiddle.

Holmes: Not quite what you were expecting?

Again, a HUGE uproar of boos.

Holmes: The fact of the matter is, Kravinoff will never again set foot in this ring because of myself, Doug Crashin & Dr. Kurtesy. It was us who ended his career. We’re taking over, and while Unscripted wasn’t quite what we planned, we definitely left a lasting impression on WZCW, would you not agree?

The crowd responds again with boos. This time a ‘You Suck’ chant breaks out. After half a minute or so, it dies down.

Holmes: Now onto my point. I came out here tonight to make a statement, to show why the Crashin Movement is that much better than anything else in WZCW. Much better than Reckless Youth. Much better than Brothers in Arms. And oh so much better than Pride of Toyota.

The crowd boos once more. Holmes stands there and soaks up the boos.

Holmes: As I bring up the tag team division, you should all know that we will soon take gold in that area. I, Crashin & Kurtesy will win championships and the World Tag Team Championships are one of the most sought-after prizes in WZCW. Now, unfortunately Mr. Crashin injured his hamstring at one of these shows a few days ago and thus will not be wrestling. Instead he will be acting as my manager. However, Dr. Kurtesy has a perfect opportunity. Dr. Kurtesy will take on former World Heavyweight Champion; Everest.

The crowd pops at the mention of Everest’s name.

Holmes: That’s right, Everest. A man who you fans don’t quite know if you love or hate. A man who appears to be winding down. A man who appears to have left the door open, and through that door will stand The Crashin Movement. Kings among men. You see, Everest is part of what I would call a two man dynasty. He & Titus have been here for so long. They’ve been through so much, or at least they had until Big Dave ended Titus’ career.

The crowd once more boos. Holmes has a look as if to say that he wasn’t quite happy with the result at Unscripted.

Holmes: I think Titus was a true innovator, laying the ground work for us. I truly do believe that but it’s not his time; It’s the Crashin Movement’s Time! It’s time for a change and with Titus, as well as Vengeance, now gone, it has begun. BUT there is still one more that has to go; Everest. Everest doesn’t seem to realise that his time is up, and if he won’t give it up peacefully, I guess we’ll just have to take it from him. And show him that we simply are better than not only him but the entire WZCW roster. Now this brings me onto Baez...

The crowd pops for Baez.

Holmes: Now, I will say this, Baez beat me at Unscripted. He did. But he also needs to know that he was damn lucky. If that ladder had fallen practically any other way; I would be a champion and Mayhem would be dead and buried...or burned, I hadn’t quite decided what to do with the belt. The man has more luck than a four leaf clover, and he’s not even Irish.

This draws a few laughs & a few boos as one Irish fan get a little vocal.

Irish Fan: Why don’t you shut the f*** up and get on with goddamn show? You’re boring my kids.

The crowd pops for the Irish fan. Holmes looks shocked and a little disgusted. His jaw is open.

Holmes: You have children and you still use that foul language? You sir disgust me. What kind of father are you? I think you’re a worse father than Baez would be. I mean, Baez only cares about things as deformed as him, that’s why he cares so much about that stupid piece of trash belt. The damn thing is held together by glue. By the way sir, if you didn’t already know, glue is bad for your children so I wouldn’t buy him a replica of that Mayhem Belt.

The Irish fan is obviously displeased.

Holmes: Anyway, I want Baez again but I have to turn my attention to Scott Hammond. Hammond... you and I have met once before in a one on one situation. Allow me to remind you of how that went. Role the footage:

Meltdown 43:
Hammond signals for London’s Calling as Holmes slowly gets up. Hammond gets Holmes up onto his shoulders, but Holmes pushes off Hammond’s shoulders and lands behind him. Holmes quickly rolls up Hammond, putting his feet on the ropes for leverage, 1... 2.... 3!

Harrys: Here is your winner, Steven Holmes!

Holmes: You see that. I beat you 1-2-3! In the centre of this very ring you were defeated by me. You were squashed by a better wrestler and once again you will lose because I’m just simply better than you. It’s not your fault, it’s genetics. I was simply bred to be better. I hope you’re listening in the back by the way because I have to say I find it a tad surprising that you would team with Wasabi Toyota. A man who you don’t know very well, a man with a past as shady as his can never be trusted. I would leave this partnership, before he stabs you in the back.

The crowd boos.

Holmes: Next on the agenda is Austin Reynolds.

The crowd cheers in approval of the Elite X Champion.

Holmes: Mr. Reynolds, I will be on your segment this coming week and I’ll make it a point for you to recognise that I WILL be formally requesting a championship match on the Ratings Spike this week. I will let you know that an Elite deserves a belt called the Elite X Championship. It will be all about me as I--

Suddenly Holmes’ mic cuts out. The crowd cheers. Holmes’ face, embarrassed, burns a bright red. He hurriedly looks around as if to see why it cut out. Suddenly, he spots Selena with the other end of the cord. He drops the microphone and exits the ring. He approaches Selena, his face still a crimson red.

Holmes: (Off Mic So Only Selena Can Hear) What the Hell do you think you're doing? Plug the damn microphone back in!

Selena shakes her head and now has a cheeky grin on her face.

Holmes: I swear to God if you don't plug that microphone in I’ll--

Selena puts her finger up to stop him from speaking. Holmes is shocked that she would dare speak do such a thing.

Selena: What're you going to to do? You're going to hit a woman in front of these fans? Is that what you're going to do? You weren't even supposed to be out here, let alone eating up the whole evening.

Holmes clenches his fists and grates his teeth as he fumes, knowing that he can't hit a woman, at least not in front of all the people. He turns and storms off, in a fury. He mouths something into one of the WZCW.com cameras about Reynolds, Hammond & last of all Selena, who stands there with a triumphant look on her face.

End Scene.

The scene fades into a small ally behind a row of shops, where Scott Hammond and Wasabi Toyota, otherwise known as 'The Brothers In Arms' are waiting outside a rusty steel door. Toyota has a worried look on his face as Hammond is looking a little uneasy

Listen, this is the best guy I could afford. I'm sure he's a very good guy bro.

And you couldn't have found someone who wasn't called 'Dr Deepthroat'?

Hey man, I spent as much as I could, and I just want to see you get better.

I told you before, I'm fine, I just need a little time.

And this guy can help push the process along. Are you ready?

No.

Okay, lets go.

Hammond slides open the rusty steel door and walks inside, followed by a very reluctant Wasabi Toyota. The come into a very small waiting room, with the paint and wallpaper peeling off the walls. Hammond and Toyota are the only two people in the room as Hammond sits on a plastic chair at the opposite side of the room. Toyota walks towards him and hears a crunch under his foot, realising that he had just stepped on a cockroach

Don't worry about a thing, this is going to work.

Really? I'm expecting Dr Nick from 'The Simpson's' to step out of that room at any minute.

A man with a stocky build, wearing a knitted black jumper and wearing a pair of thick glasses steps out from a room next to where Hammond is sitting. He motions to Hammond

Mr Hammond is it? I am Dr Deepthroat. (Looks towards Toyota) And you must be my new challenge, Mr Toyota. Both of you please step into my office.

(under his breath) That's what a serial killer says before he indulges.

Hammond and Toyota walk into Dr Deepthroat's office. The room looks suprisingly clean compared to the look of the waiting room and the outside. The doctor signals Toyota to sit on a couch across the room and shows Hammond to a small seat next to him. The doctor looks over some notes and sits directly in front of Toyota with a notepad and pen

Right Mr Toyota, please tell me about the events that lead to your good friend to meet his demise.

Hunter and I were preparing for our Tag Team Title match at Unscripted. We were eager to defend our titles in this match as we were competing against two other teams, and I remember Hunter asking me to collect his belt from our locker room, and the next thing I saw was Hunter, blleding profusely, being worked on by the paramedics.

And was it at that point that Mr Hammond came around and saved you?

Saved me? Well, he was walking past the paramedics in the back and told me how sorry he was, and if I needed anything to just ask him, and so, I did.

So I hear you lost your tag belts on the same night that you lost your partner. Did that, you know, mess you up?

MESS ME UP??? That is your stupid psychological viewpoint?

Calm down Wasabi.

NO WAY! THIS GUY IS A COMPLETE IMBECILE!

How did it feel to know that your long time tag team partner was finished?

Are you serious? Scott, I cannot do this.

Toyota stands up and throws a paperweight towards the head of Dr Deepthroat who ducks to avoid it. Toyota then walks past Dr Deepthroat, and exits the building. Hammond follows him out, catching up to him as he was passing a cafe

You want some lunch?

Sure. That guy was an idiot, don't take me to see a shrink ever again, you hear?

You got it. I was just trying to help.

Well...don't.

Hammond and Toyota sit at a table in a small cafe and order drinks and food

Listen man, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have pushed you to see a shrink. I just thought it might help to get your head back on straight.

While I do appreciate the sentiment, I probably would have been more successful seeing Dr Steven Kurtesy. Dr Deepthroat...really? Do you want to talk about Unscripted?

There is nothing really to say Wasabi. We were both mentally unprepared for that match. Neither of us knew that we would be teaming together at the start of the night, but we proved that we were worthy. The Brothers In Arms will be Tag Team Champion, and we can beat Reckless Youth, and for that matter, anyone in WZCW, and we will do it for Kravinoff. But I guess we should sart sorting out preparing for our matched this coming week, huh?

The Crashin Movement will pay. That is what I am putting my energies into. I have always vowed to fight evil, and these men are evil.

I know man. But hey, the good news is that I have Steven Holmes this week on Meltdown. I watched a tape the other day of Steven talking trash about Hunter and me. Stupid bastard thinks that because he got a tainted win against me a few weeks ago that history will repeat itself or something. He was trying to push a wedge between you and I already.

How so?

He was saying stuff like you have a shady past, blah blah blah stab me in the back, I stopped listening to be honest. I watched his match with Baez at Unscripted, and I wasn't impressed. He will be stopped. Although I am a little weary about Holmes having Crashin in his corner. That is never a good thing. They are a cancer in WZCW, you only have to look at what they were trying to do to the Mayhem Division, and I plied my craft in that division since my debut. Holmes is what is wrong with 'Englishness' in this day and age. I'm glad that Baez shut him up at Unscripted, but I intend on slowly him right down on Meltdown.

I have faith in you, and if I was a betting man, which I'm not, I would go with you 100%.

Thanks man. I am really sorry about Kravinoff, I hope I can be a worthy replacement.

You will. Together, we just need to master our craft and the tag team titles will surely follow. You must focus your energies on defeating the evil that is Steven Holmes.

At that point, a lady brings over a large cheese pizza, and places it in front of Toyota, who stares in delight

Enjoy buddy.

I will do...friend.

The scene fades out as Hammond and Toyota continue their conversation

Reactions: gd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members