MD 151 - Triple X/Keaton vs Kagura/Callie Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
352n9qh.jpg

Shameel's 80's Dance Club

Toronto Ontario Canada

7:45 PM

Shameel's 80's Dance Club was one of the hottest dance clubs in all of Canada, started by the Shameel Family with their rich history of dancing and boozing around the world.The club was already filling up with attractive women and young men looking to hook up. Lately the club was having trouble with toughs coming in to try and intimidate the crowd....with toughness, but they were kept in check. Tonight some would get through the cracks though, trouble was brewing in Toronto.....lets zoom in on two of those trouble makers right now, shall we?

"So what Meatball? I came here for a good time tonight, and meet up with my tag team partner."
Mark Keaton and his pal elbowed their way through the crowds towards the bright neon green booths.

"I was hoping to party a little more, that's all boss." BigRoad moped as they slid opposite to one another in the 80's gimmick booth.

They ordered chicken wings, pizza and hamburgers...and beer, then more chicken wings for BigRoad. Mark tapped his gold ring on the cheap table, nothing to say and watching the women dance in the large dance floor situated in the middle of the club. He kept an eye on the entrance to the club, his tag team partner was going to meet him here to talk strategy.

"You think he'll get along wit us Mark?" Big Bad Roady asked after a basket of chicken wings arrived at the table, he grabbed one and chewed away.

"He better man, I'll tellin ya, he better realize that I'M the team captain of this group. I'm the two time tag team champion, the multiple year end award winner, tag team of the year, Vis Imperium son of a bitch. I'm the blonde dynamo, the ...."

"Did ya hear? WZCW brass are tryin to ban me from ringside? Do they not know I'm still your bodyguard, boss?" He grabbed another wing and devoured it.

The beers arrived.

Mark grabbed a beer and took a swing, he wiped off his mouth.

"They can't, not this time, man. You'll be in my corner in my match vs Kagura and Callie. I have something to prove against those two idiots, we're not losing this close to Kingdom Come, I'll make sure of it BigRoad."

Big Bad Roady nodded, then chugged a beer. The pizza arrived and he quickly grabbed a slice.* Mark lit a smoke knowing he wasn't allowed to smoke in that section of the club.

"Look, I've been thinking, dude. What kind of entrance am I going to have at Kingdom Come this year? If there is one thing I want, it's a fucking rockin entrance."

"Well, what if you have a rock band carry you down to the ring while you sing your entrance music and play the guitar?"

"Maybe, but picture this...a monster truck breaks through this huge wall and a few hundred pyro bombs go off right when a Twisted Sister song breaks out, I'll pull a wheelie right to the ring then jump out and play the guitar right on the hood!"

Big Bad Roady wasn't paying attention to Mark anymore, Mark noticed this and tried to follow BigRoad's eyes as they scanned the crowds, he was expecting to see Triple X walking through the hot women, possibly with an entourage of older chicks in tuxedo's or some shit, but all he saw was a bunch of toughs making their way towards them. Big Road gulped and tried to say something to Mark, but it was too late, the row of five toughs lined up right in front of their booth, blocking off the sights of dancing flesh and blue lights swirling this way and that.

The leader stood there staring a hole through BigRoad with his arms crossed, his henchmen trying to match his mean look.

2dvlv8i.jpg

DURAN BLACKBURN

The leader of the famed Canadian Motorocycle gang named Skull's Angel's. Duran founded the famously savage and brutal motorbike gang when he was twenty five years old, a year after his first murder and his second gang he was ever part of. Now his headquarters recently moved from Calgary to Toronto, but his divisions are all over Canada. Big Bad Roady was in this Toronto division, but parted ways with the gang....but not without leaving behind a 100 thousand dollar, unpaid bill to his group. One that was blamed on two of his gang mates. BigRoad has tried to leave this part of his life in the past, even going so far to shave his once long hair and gain 100 pounds.

"Big Bad Bob." Duran said through a scratched tone of a million packs of cigarettes and cigars, "Or should I call you...Big Bad Roady?!"

"I don't know what your talkin bout, my name is Big Sam Burly."

Duran wasn't amused, he put his hand over one of his leather clad henchmen's hand, making him put the switchblade away.

"Let's have a seat men. This is a celebration after all, a reunion!"

Duran slid in next to Mark Keaton, one of his henchmen slid in next to him, the other three stood along the table, trying their best to continue to block everyone's view of the club.

"Dude, the fuck is going on?" Mark barked at his bodyguard. BigRoad gave Mark a serious look as if to say - Shut up, now is not a good time-

"I'll tell you what's going on you fucking blonde headed little shit, this bald headed fucker across the table from me is going to be gutted like a pig tonight. Right across his big, fat gut! TELL HIM WHY BOB!"

Big Bad Roady looked everywhere except the gaze of Mark and Duran. He wanted to grab a chicken wing out of nervousness but decided not to. He thought maybe grabbing a beer and starting a melee right now, but he knew all of them were carrying blades or even guns.

"You see, your pal here was once part of a motorcycle gang called Skull's Angel's...."

"Whaat?! For real Meatball?! You were part of that badass bike gang?! Give me five right now!" Mark smiled and held up his palm for a high five, but BigRoad continued to avoid eye contact.

Duran Blackburn stared at Mark incredulously. He shook his head and continued..."You see this guy across from us, he used to go by the name Big Bad Bob. Every gang member in Toronto was afraid of him, he was built like a brick shithouse, long greasy hair and used to have this mean ass goatee. He'd also smoke these stinky cigars all the time and put them out on people. Guy was a real asshole. There was this botched bank robbery by some of our members, Big Bad Bob hid 100 thousand of it at his place, but to make a long story short, made it look like it was Vinny and Cap's place, they took the fall, got caught by the cops and WHOOOSH! This fuck face vanishes into thin air! GONE!"

"Cool story." Mark said, uninterested as he took a swig of his beer.

"Y'see we have this guy in Skull's Angel's named Paco, guy is a seriously huge wrestling fan. He watches the damn show like his fuckin life depends on it. Then it dawns on him, Big Bad Roady is actually Big Bad Bob from back in the day! But with no muscles and a 100 plus pounds heavier, with no hair or goatee. Did I mention the guy is detailed?"

"Listen Duran, I can get your money back. I make decent pay, I'll give you my first years salary. What do ya say to that?" Big Bad Roady pleaded, Mark was shocked at how nervous his giant bodyguard was. He soon realized that this was no joke.

"Problem is Bob," Duran lit a bumpy, brown cigar, recognition flashed in BigRoad's eyes, a little shame as well, "Interest has grown in all these years. I'd say in the terms of two and a half million dollars."

"What?! Are you outta your fuckin mind dude?!"

Duran raised his hand, calling off all his henchmen as they reached in their leather jackets.

The leader of the Skull's Angel's turned his head slowly and stared Mark right in the face, his cigar hanged out of the corner of his mouth. Mark flicked his own cigarette in his mouth and took a long drag. Both men's eyes started to water and smoke curled around their cheeks and nose, Duran gave up first and butted his cigar. He promptly swatted the smoke out of Mark's mouth and stared at him again.

"Listen, I've heard things about you, a wild party animal, woman killer, rock and roller. You are way out of your league right now, especially in this situation. I would suggest, shutting your fucking mouth right now or I'll cut a brand new mouth from ear to ear. You understand me kid?"

Mark stared at the man with all seriousness, "A mouth on my neck would make drinking beer really difficult."

Duran closed his eyes, it was possibly the dumbest thing anyone has ever said to him. One of his henchmen chuckled then turned away, another let out a giggle then covered his face, he also turned away. Big Bad Roady's face was white as a ghost, he couldn't believe Mark had just talked back to the devil himself.

"Bah ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa haaaa!!!" Duran slammed his fist on the table, knocking over all the beer.

"You fucking asshole! I can't believe this guy! Did you hear what he said to me Jacob?! A mouth on my neck would make....ha haaa haaa haa...would make drinking beer really difficult!"

"Ya boss! Like dribble outta yer neck eh?! What a hoser!" His henchman sitting next to BigRoad blurted out, laughing with his boss.

"Anyway," Mark tried to ignore everyone and refocus on BigRoad, "Like I was about to say before these turds showed up, I think my entrance at Kingdom Come should be something really wild, like fire and lightning bolts man. You can imagine those pricks Stormrage and Matt Tastic will come out to something special to try and amp the crowds.* I can show everyone up, I think...."

Duran held a switchblade to Mark's throat.

"You still fail to see the situation your in, you have to be the dumbest son of a bitch I've ever met."

Mark grabbed Duran's wrist and bent it, he slammed his hand down on the table, sticking the knife on the surface, in a quick move, he elbowed Duran right in the nose then pushed him and his henchman right out of the booth. BigRoad quickly stood up and double clotheslined two henchmen at the edge of the table, knocking them both out. Mark jumped up and the table and did a running dropkick, knocking out another man. Big Bad Roady grabbed the last henchman and gave him a skull pounding head butt, sending him flying over a rail and landing on the stairs.

Duran scrambled to his feet. He back staggered his way through the crowds, calling back to Mark and BigRoad...

"I won't forget this Bob, and your stupid friend! I won't forget this! You owe us 2.5 million dollars! I WILL COLLECT!" He made his exit out of the club just as Triple X entered.

"Oh, there's Triple X. Time to let him know who the team captain is." Mark sat back down with BigRoad, they ordered more beers.

Triple X would soon join them......

TO BE CONTINUED

(In another RP....)

The bright blue neon sign could be seen far into the distance, but the closer Triple X got to it, the more repugnant it became. He hated places like this. Even in his days as a tearaway teen, getting fake ID and sneaking into places he didn’t belong, this was most definitely not his scene. Hell, give him a good old fashioned gin joint any day.

He pulled up to Shameels and dismounted his motorcycle, taking a moment to take in the obnoxious glow. There were a handful of party-goers smoking their lives away by the door, and a group of choppers to the side of the building.

Of course he’d pick somewhere like this, X thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

A FEW DAYS EARLIER

‘He wants to what?’

X landed a hard kick to the middle of the bag, before grabbing a towel and sitting on his weights bench. Andrey, wearing some very fetching reading glasses, held his phone up again.

‘Hey square!

So we’re partners on Meltdown and we should have a team planning meeting. Meet me in two days at Shameels 80’s Dance Club. That’s in Canada, in case you didn’t know.

Don’t let the captain down!

Mark FUCKING Keaton.’​

X laughed. ‘The fucking nerve of that asshole. Captain? I’ll show him.’

‘Is it not worth perhaps humouring what he has to say?’

‘Oh come on-‘

‘Mr Xander, just listen-‘

‘I’m not giving the time of day to that motherfu-‘

‘Xander, please! Just listen.’

X shakes his head, looking up at Andrey, who sits on a chair opposite him.

‘Amongst all of your accomplishments, are any of those in a team? All of your championships; are any of them in the form of tag team gold?’

‘……no…’

‘Then what harm is there in listening to a two-time WZCW tag team champion? Even if it is a sack of overbloated ego like Mr Keaton.’

‘You honestly think I should go?’

‘Yes. If for no other reason, you could bring him down a peg or two.’

X laughs. ‘or seven.’ He stood from the weights bench and walked to the window. ‘You’re right. Keaton is, for all of his annoying traits, probably one of the best tag team wrestlers in the company. And against tough opposition like Kagura and Clark, it might be…beneficial for us to collaborate.’

‘See? Not such a bad idea.’

‘Well that depends…’ X turned to Andrey and smiled. ‘…on whether I hit him before we get to strategy.’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Walking in, X’s nostrils filled with the smell of stale beer, burnt chicken, vomit and more stale beer. The dance floor was already heaving with people; some on the more attractive side and some…not so much. Around the edges of the dance floor were bright green neon booths.

Yep, they feel exactly like Keatons style.

As he walked further in, a large group of tough-looking biker dudes were hurriedly coming from the opposite direction. The leader, scruffy looking and grizzled to the bone, bumped shoulders with Xander. He turned to face him, noticing his nose was busted, and his left cheek was beginning to swell.

‘What you looking at, fuckface?’

‘You’re the one who looks like he has a face full of fuck.’

He snarled at X, but his lackeys ushered him towards the door. ‘You’ll be next on my list.’

‘Can’t wait, buttercup.’

X threw the battered gang leader a shit-eating grin as he walked by, heading straight to the bar.

‘A Pepsi.’

‘You want that with vodka, rum, whisky?’

'Did I ask for any of those?'

'No-'

‘Then just straight, thanks.’

The barkeep pooped the lid on the bottle and slammed it onto the counter.

‘Pussy.’

X glared, dropping his money onto the alcohol-soaked bar, moving away before he could hear the barmam swear at him more. He scanned around the cubicles, assuming Mark Keaton’s style would be to prefer one of those. At least this early into the evening; he wouldn’t put it past him at all to be in the middle of a bunch of scantily clad ‘groupies’. But no; his first instinct was correct, and he walked over; Big Bad Roady staring at him as he approached and Keaton pretending like he hadn’t actually seen him until he got up close.

‘There he his!’ Keaton lifted up his beer bottle as X sat opposite the two. Xander noted the broken glass and the blood smeared on the table.

‘You know, it really doesn’t shock me that you’d come north of the border to party in a grimy, headache-inducing club like this and to get in a fight as well.’

‘Sounds like a compliment.’

‘It really isn’t.’

‘Mark Keaton, huh?’

X and Red were both running along on an early, muggy New York morning. The streets were beginning to become busy, but the two simply ran through, almost in their own little world.

'Yup'.

‘You don’t seem too happy.’

‘I mean…I’ve crossed paths with the guy, but not enough to know whether I should be happy or worried.’

‘Probably both, mate.’

They turned off of West 129th street onto Malcolm X Boulevard, continuing straight down the street.

‘You worried about your opponents?’

‘I mean, I’d be silly not to raise an eyebrow at Kagura. Former Queen for a day, World Champion…but she lost it almost immediately and needs to build herself back up. And Callie Clark no longer has her Elite Openweight Championship so she’s in a similar boat.’

‘True…though you did lose against Mikey Stormrage too. You’re in need of a pick-me-up.’

‘Thanks for that.’

‘That’s what I’m here for.’

He’s right, X thought. Losing against Mikey was a huge setback. I mean, Mikey was a former World Champion, but I genuinely thought I could prove myself against him.

I shouldn’t still be having to prove myself.

They continued on running, until they reached their destination; Central Park. They stopped as they stepped foot in the park, Red bending over and X crumpling to the floor, lying on his back while catching his breath. Xander pulled a bottle out of his backpack, throwing another to Red. They both took a moment to collect themselves, before Red walked over to X.

‘You’re worried about Kingdom Come, aren’t you?’

X looked up. ‘What?’

‘You’re worried you won’t make it on the card.’

X sat up. ‘It’s not that-‘

‘But it is something there, right?’

X paused for a moment, having another drink. ‘We have one set of shows left and somehow I still have no idea what I’m going to be doing. If anything, like you said.’

Red nodded, hands on his hips. ‘And you thought you’d be doing more, right?’

‘Honestly…’ X looked up to Red. ‘I really thought I had a shot at being in the World Championship picture.’

Red smiled, holding his hand out. X grabbed it, and his pal pulled him to his feet.

‘Mate, my advice? Take each match as they come. Use whatever dismay you have in your current situation and fuel your desire to push yourself to where you wanna be.’

‘Sure. Sounds easy.’

‘If it was, Xander, everyone would be World Champion.’

X nodded, patting Red on the shoulder as they looked on the sun rising over the beautiful park before them.

‘I’ll have plenty of dismay to spare having to team with Keaton.’

‘Better you than me, mate.’

‘So…what we doing here, Marky-Mark?’

Keaton was clearly annoyed by that little nickname, but tried his best to smile it off. ‘I figured we should talk some strategy. I mean, we are a team on meltdown, and as team captain-‘

‘-woah, okay, let me stop you right there. What's this "Team Captain" crap?’

‘Yeah. Team Captain. You been listening to that screamo shit a little too loud?’

‘Who the hell says you get to be team captain. More importantly, why the hell do we need a team captain? We’re wrestling for one match.’

‘Spoken like someone who’s never had team success before.’

‘Yeah, usually because I’m too busy getting success by myself.’

Roady’s eyes widened as Keaton began to smile. ‘Funny that. Seems like you ain’t done shit since you’ve been back.’

‘Oh really?’

‘Yep.’

‘Sure.’ X took a swig of his Pepsi. ‘I mean, other than beating Lynx, beating Titus, twice, once in his own match, lasting ages in the Lethal Lottery after already performing, and……oh yeah, beating your old buddy Constantine. Who you beat?’

Keaton took a long drag of his cigarette. ‘Lets see...Mikey Stormrage, Phantoms of Chaos, Ace Stevens, Lynx, just to name a few.’

‘Seem to recall you having some problems with Mikey and Stevens, Triple Dipshit. And I remember Lynx beating you first.'

X smiled. ‘Your buddy here couldn't get through Lynx without a huge assist from yours truly, so I'd quit while you're ahead pal.' He turned back to Keaton. 'I do seem to recall the last time we were in the same ring you got eliminated first while I lasted to the end of the match. Or am I remembering that wrong?’

‘You lost as well, dumbass.’

‘Fair point.’

‘And, for the record, I’m team captain because I’ve won the WZCW Tag Team Championship twice. How many have you won?’

‘No, you’re right. Though I was too busy not hanging off of someone’s cape, winning singles gold.’

‘Yeah. That was a hell of an achievement for 1995 but we’re in present day now.’

‘The present day where we don’t have tag team titles because you and your buddies killed them off.’

‘Because we killed the competition off.’ Keaton stood up, rounding the table. ‘Something you wouldn’t know about.’

‘You’re kidding, right?’ Xander rose to his feet too. ‘Cooper was so bored he thought it was beneath him. He went out and learned how to be a half decent wrestler. And lets face it Unremarkable Mark, you only hung around him because of the big gold belt. You hoped it’d rub off a little of that magic, am I right?’

The two squared up, Keaton smiling while X remained stoic-faced. Roadie sat there, watching intently whilst gnawing on a chicken bone.

‘I’ve main evented shows for the World Heavyweight Championship. You had to watch while you played bitch to Cooper before he split.’

‘Yeah, well…..’ he took a puff from his smoke and blew it into X’s face. ‘That’s still closer to the World Championship than you’ll ever get.’

X had had it, and before he realised what he had done, he’d pushed Keaton. Clearly incensed, Mark dropped his cigarette and pushed back, knocking X into a group of big, footballer-types clearly out looking for women, dancing away. The young men were clearly pissed, pushing X back…who knocked Keaton into another group of bikers. Mark had a look on his face of Oh not this shit again, while Xander looked at the guys he’d barged into with disdain. The two superstars ended up back to back, staring the two groups down.

‘Great work, team captain!’

‘Ahh, just look at it as a little training for our impending teamwork. Roadie; request a beat, we need an ass-kicking song!’

Roadie obliged, running over to the desk to the DJ, shouting over the current song. The DJ nodded away, throwing on a track to hopefully suit the coming battle……

[YOUTUBE]EsUUr22n8N4[/YOUTUBE]

‘The FUCK? Roadie, ROADIE! Tell him to-‘

‘Shut the fuck up!’

The two groups closed in on the two, who raised their fists and prepared to enter the fight.

5 MINUTES LATER

‘We’ll kick your ass next time!’

The jocks, nursing their broken ribs, smashed noses and other assorted injuries, were pointing at Triple X as they hobbled to the door. Similarly did the biker gang.

‘Stay out of Totonto, asshole.’

‘I ain’t scared of Skulls Angels, I ain’t scared of you. NOW GET OUT OF MY CLUB, MOTHERFUCKERS!’

The lead biker made a cut throat gesture as they exited. X wiped his bottom lip, a small cut had formed, while Keaton looked down at his bruised knuckles.

‘Do you piss off a gang everywhere you go?’

‘Hey, the first group was Roadie’s fault. Those guys, fair point.’

‘Well at least you don’t just talk a good game.’

X stopped and looked around; noting the amount of dancers who were staring at the two in their bright green booth. ‘You know this is what Callie Clark and Kagura are banking on, right?’

‘What’d you mean?’

‘They’re gonna count on us ripping each other apart. ”Ohhh, they’re the bad guys, they won’t get along and by the power of friendship…” I dunno, some bullshit like that.’

‘That shit's not gonna happen.’

‘I know.’ X ran his hand across his chin. ‘Kagura’s a former World Champion, and Clark’s won the Elite Openweight Championship. And I know from experience that’s no mean feat.’

X picked up Keaton’s beer from earlier, passing it to him. ‘Kingdom Come is literally around the corner. Neither of us can afford to let them get the better of us.’

‘Obviously.’ Mark took a swig of his drink. ‘So what do you got in mind?’

‘Oh…’ X smiled. ‘I thought you were the team captain?’

‘Yeah well, call it delegation.’

X shook his head. ‘We can’t take them lightly, but you were right earlier. You clearly have the advantage in these rules. Kagura hasn’t really recovered since losing the World Championship so quickly, while Callie has floundered since losing her Championship. They’re both in fight or flight, and I say we make those fuckers fly.’

‘Hell yeah.’ Mark lit up another cigarette. ‘Want one?’

X laughed again. ‘You know, I don’t think we’ll ever like each other. But fuck it, I think we both hate losing to assholes like that more.’

‘Amen.’

‘Why are you still holding that out?’

‘Call it an olive branch.’

‘And I don’t smoke.’

‘Ah, shit. Well, fuck it, more for me.’

Roadie walked over from the bar. ‘Uh, boss…the manager said you need to put your smoke out. Entire building is a smoke free place.’

‘Awesome. Let’s grab another drink!’

X slapped Keaton on the shoulder. ‘Its been real, Marky Mark. See you in Newcastle.’

‘Yeah, whatever.’

Xander walked out of the club, and over to his bike. He took a second to breathe in the fresh air, and smiled.

‘Could have been worse.’

#TripleElite

tumblr_inline_ophfb2b2441r8knqm_540.gif

Tweet from @CallieClark: Everybody keeps asking me, do I hear Yanny or Laurel? All I hear is Callie, as in Callie Clark, brand new and RECORD BREAKING 3 time Elite Openweight Champion! The 3rd time is the charm and now my championship and I will begin our reunion tour, and it's going to run right through Kingdom Come when I beat anybody who dares step to the queen.....but for the record it's totes Laurel. #TripleElite #ItsLaurelNotYanny

Backstage After Meltdown 150:

I was on top of the world, I proved once and for all I was better than Lynx and took back my championship, my baby, and not only was I the champion again, but I just set ANOTHER record, I just became the first person to win the Elite Openweight Championship for a 3rd time and it was time to brag! I saw a couple crew members standing against the wall talking, and smugly walked up to them, lifting my championship off my shoulder as I approach.

Hey hey guess what? You're conversation isn't important, because I just beat Lynx! I'm the history making, record breaking 3 time Elite Openweight Champion!

I grinned and walked away, as I did I saw Backstage Bob approaching and quickly walked up to him.

Bob! Good news, I just beat Lynx to become the new Elite Openweight Champion for the record breaking third time!

I pushed my championship smugly into the face of Bob, who took a step back.

Umm congrats, but truth to told I was rooting for Lynx...

I shot the most evil glare I could muster at Bob, how DARE he insult me like that!

You LIKE Lynx!? You're what's wrong with this company then!

I shook my head then shot him a smug smile.

But don't worry, you'll realize your mistake soon....because I beat Lynx to become the record breaking 3 time Elite Openweight Champion! You know how many people have won the Elite Championship 3 times? One! And who's that one? Me!

I started laughing and roughly pushed past Bob, as I found another group of people talking.

Hey hey, guess what? Someone made history tonight, ME! I just won the Elite Championship for the record breaking third time! I'm on the top of the world once again!

I laughed and skipped away, singing the whole time about my glorious victory. This was a sweet moment, finally all the haters who doubted I'd take back my championship were proven wrong and I ended the conspiracy against me. I'll have to make sure to have the most expensive bottle of champagne possible sent to my hotel room so I can really celebrate.

Two Days Later: A Cafe In Paris

I was sitting at a table in the corner of a nearly empty cafe in Paris, sipping my peppermint latte with my prized possession, my championship, sitting on the table in front of me. I had decided to stay an extra day in Paris after everybody else left yesterday, partly because I was way too hung over to leave yesterday, and I was no rush to leave the luxurious 5 star hotel in Paris, one of the nicer cities in the world that isn't New York, for a run down dump of a city Newcastle, that didn't have a 5 star hotel. I mean seriously, they expect me to stay at a 4 star hotel? Or even worse, 3 star?

I shuttered at the thought of such a travesty, even if I knew it was going to be a nightmare come to life. I kicked my feet up on the chair next to me and took another sip of the latte, as I got a call from Gabi.

Gabiiii! I was wondering when you'd call to congratulate me on winning back my championship! Did you see how easy it was for me to beat Lynx? Gosh it felt good to stand over him, championship in hand! The only thing that would have made it better is if he started crying, oh how I would have loved if he started crying!

I laughed and pictured the thought in my head of him crying, and that just made me laugh harder. If he gets into my match at Kingdom Come I really should make that a goal to accomplish in the process of winning.

Yeah sorry I've been busy, but congrats sis! It really was great seeing you beat that loser, only wish I could have been there to watch you beat him myself. Now you need to get your signatures on that petition to make the winners of that stupid league fight each other for the honor of facing you, instead of both getting title matches.

Ugh girl I know! Luckily I do have about a hundred signatures already, sadly these stupid French people don't seem to understand how important my petition is. I mean the biggest show of the year, and let's just hand multiple people a shot at the greatest Elite Champion of all-time!

I shook my head in disgust, I could hear Gabi agree with me as I took another sip of my latte.

I mean think about it sis, it was a year ago today we signed our contracts, and even though those barbaric savages ruined your career in the Mayhem Championship match, I've reached a level of greatness nobody thought possible! I've done more for the Elite Championship than anybody, I broke the curse on it, I've made it a championship worth winning!

Well we both knew you were destined for greatness, it was all a matter of time. And even though I'd love to be there with you, holding a championship of my own, it didn't work out like that. Now you need to really cement how good you are, and break Eve's record reign with the title, so every record with that title belongs to you.

I nodded in agreement, truly that was the only thing I had left to do as Elite Champion, and considering Eve is one of my enemies for beating the first person to ever pin me, and costing me a spot in King For A Day, it would be sweet to take her precious record away from her for the longest reign.

Ohh that sounds like a great idea sis, would be a great way to finally get one over on her too. Hey before I let you go, you teamed with Keaton once before, what should I expect from him? He's one of my opponents this week.

I could hear Gabi get annoyed at the mention of his name, ever since teaming with Keaton she complained sooo much about how annoying he was.

Ugh Keaton, he's a spaz in the ring. He comes in with no game plan, no focus, just runs around like a chicken with his head cut off doing whatever comes to mind. Plus he's a creepy little bastard, he kept trying to hit on me! Such an awful partner, I don't know how Cooper tolerated him for so long. But the biggest thing is he's a hot head, piss him off and you'll beat him even easier than you already will.

I nodded despite Gabi not being able to see me, an idea was already coming to mind about how to handle him.

He better not try flirting with me, I'll slap him silly.

I took another sip of the latte.

Good to know though, I'll remember that. Shame you never were in the ring with Triple X, he's a wild card to me. I don't even know much about him besides that he calls himself "X Rated", does he think that's even a good nickname? Or even possibly true?

Gabi laughed.

He probably thinks swearing makes him X rated.

HA! Probably does! He's not even R rated though, and unlike me he can't even win when gold is on the line. I'll figure out a way to handle him, but hey I should let you go sis, I need to leave here soon for that god awful city of Newcastle. And I can't even just stay in London because its freaking 5 hours away. The struggle is real.

Ugh that sounds awful, good luck dealing with that sis, I'm sure you'll find something decent with the city. I'll talk to you later.

I hung up after saying goodbye to Gabi, she gave me some useful tips for handling Keaton so that was a success. Paris was good to me, but sadly I had to leave.

Two Days Before Meltdown: Callie's Hotel In Newcastle

I had finally gotten settled into my hotel in Newcastle, you could really tell the difference between four star and five star, and they didn't even have a spa! I mean what kind of people don't offer spa service in their hotel?! Ugh thankfully I did have something to make this trip more tolerable, my fur baby Sid. I had paid someone to fly with him over to Newcastle so I could spend some time with him. He was curled up in a ball on my bed, next to my Elite Championship as I was reading Triple X's roster page on WZCW.com

So he calls himself X rated, yet he's straightedge?

I laughed and shook my head.

If you can't enjoy a nice glass of a fine wine, or celebrate a big victory with some champagne, you simply can't call yourself "X Rated".

I picked up my championship and brought it closer to me, reaching over to pet Sid for a moment in the process.

And he blames the fans for his body getting destroyed over the years, yet loves violence? God this guy is a walking contraindication! He didn't even sign my last petition to Ban The Mayhem, so he can't be all that concerned about getting injured again can he?

I shook my head and kept reading.

With a goal of wanting to beat all the fan favorites, you'd think he thinks he's Thanos, but that's just not the case. If anybody is like Thanos it's me, because me having my championship back is like Thanos having the infinity gauntlet, I'm unstoppable!

I laughed, causing Sid to perk his head up and look at me in confusion.

Oh boy, if only Kagura was like you, and just simply followed my directions. I'd have nothing to worry about this week, we'd destroy Triple X and Keaton!

Sid got up and walked over to me, so I started petting him again.

But nooo she doesn't even communicate with me, how am I supposed to team with someone who doesn't speak English!? At least she's a former world champion, even if she proved that win to be a fluke, she's clearly better than Keaton and Triple X, so if she stays out of my way and doesn't choke like she did at Lethal Lottery, we'll have a great chance at beating those fools.

I nodded.

This match might not mean anything in the long run, but I couldn't lose before the biggest match of my career, and I had to send a message to those left in the league. I am once again on top of the world, this time nobody will knock me off my throne.

The events of Meltdown 150 were both negative and positive. On one hand, Kagura finally got her well sought-after victory over Tyrone Blades. At Meltdown 147, she hadn’t done that much stewing over the loss, because in the end she had won his respect, and that’s all she had wanted from the beginning. This time around she wanted that “W,” because she had more to lose this time. Pre-Meltdown 147, she had been arguably the top contender to the world title, and now the roles were reversed. And after a chaotic, back and forth match, she had beaten Blades. This assured her a position in the hunt for the title post Kingdom Come, since Eve had never beaten her. She could claim a title match against either one of them. There was just one problem. A 182-centimeter, 220-pound problem.

The ref gives Kagura a moment alone to bask in the victory as a WZCW medical attendant comes to ringside to check his eyes. Kagura climbs to the second turnbuckle to bow to the fans, when suddenly she is taken down from behind by a masked man with a chair shot. The man removes the mask to reveal himself to be Garth Black as the crowd rains down boos. He drives the end of the chair into her chest a few times before he kicks her out of the ring.

That chair shot stung beyond belief. All the air in her body just shot out of her from the shock of having her kidney’s compressed. She had been so exhausted from her match, that she didn’t have the energy to fight back. Her head hit the mat on the outside with a thud. Confused, dazed, and disoriented, she had barely processed the tirade that Black had delivered a moment later.

But let’s back up for a bit…

At Lethal Lottery, she had limited interaction with the man. Logic would have suggested that he make Titus his next target, considering that he was the one that threw him over the top rope. But the powers-that-be had suggested otherwise. And the creative decision baffled Kagura just as much as anyone else. Why were she and Black fighting? Because they were both former world champions looking to gain some momentum in the world title hunt post-Kingdom Come? Okay. Well, then it was filler. Suddenly Kagura felt herself being swept away from the sandy shore of the main event beach and dragged back down into the depths of the undercard. Granted, she still would have been treading water on the surface, but still. The water was cold, and the waves were rough. And it was tiring having to fight wave after wave, waiting for that one rogue to swallow you up and send you spiraling out of control, as your career sunk all the back down to the depths of preliminary hell.

By the Gods, she was not going to let that happen again!

Ascension 126 marked Black’s return to television, and he had left some scathing remarks. Though, Kagura couldn’t find fault in his logic. She too had wished to be part of the main event match. She was owned a rematch, and here’s the most important part: SHE WASN’T PINNED! Fucking Batti Otaku was, and that stung. Black had spent months as Cooper’s punching back, if she recalled. If anything, she had more of a claim than he did. But she had accepted the match with him all the same.

Now that brings us back to reality, or just a bit after Black had knocked her out cold…

Kagura watched the rest of the video from her first-class cabin on board the Eurostar service from Paris to London. Why the Eurostar? It was cheaper than flying, it was fast, and she had an easier time maintaining her privacy. Which was important to her right now, because she was pissed. Really pissed.

The venom that he spewed was unfounded. At least when Titus cut an opponent down, he was right about the points he made. Garth Black on the other hand, was just spiteful. She didn’t regret cashing in the briefcase before Lethal Lottery. The match with Constantine could have been more competitive, but in the state those two girls had left him in, the match wouldn’t have gone long anyway. And then she really would have looked like an evil witch, beating up on a defenseless man even more so than what was necessary. The match was short, sweet, and what it needed to be. But she wasn’t going to justify that to Black. She didn’t need to. If she had been the type of person that he was, she would have probably demanded that the main event of Ascension 125 be restarted, and that she refused to defend in a triple threat.

And what was strange to her was that Black hadn’t always been a bastard. Wasn’t he the guy that fought injustice? Wasn’t he the guy that stood up to corruption? Hadn’t he been the type of guy that would have had her back? The type of man that would have said, “Lets go out there and have a good fight, and may the best person get the next shot.” What happened? Was his previous persona just a façade? Was he being controlled by a malevolent force like she had been? Made she hadn’t of known him at all. She currently had a million thoughts, but only one of which mattered.

He’s wrong about me!

‘Black! You want to make this match personal? Fine. Thank you, for provoking me. For giving me motivation to fight. The last few weeks I have grown increasingly frustrated. I listen to people. I read social media. I wasn’t dumped. My boyfriend didn’t leave me. I’m not really by myself. It’s scary having to navigate a foreign culture with limited knowledge of the language and customs, but I’ve managed. You want to call me weak? Okay. Just don’t complain about the system holding you back once I’ve kicked your ass at Kingdom Come. I’ve been at the bottom of the card. I know what it’s like to claw your way to the top. I’m prepared to do it all again if I must. Are you? Seems to me you’ve forgotten what it’s like on the bottom tier. I’ll be more than happy to show you your place. So please, attack me again. Call me weak, again. Call me worthless, again. It’ll make my victory that much sweeter. And unlike you, I won’t have to gloat. I won’t have to draw attention to myself or belittle you to make myself look stronger. Everyone already knows that I’m already that damn good. And soon Mr. Black, so will you.’

A knock on her cabin door brought in the stewardess, who was quickly scared away by the intense look that Kagura shot her. Her onyx orbs showing passion and fire that hadn’t been there in weeks.

---​

After catching another train from London to Newcastle, Kagura had settled in at her hotel for the round. After this next match, she’d travel to Spain for Kingdom. That was a weird feeling. Not nearly as weird listening to Mark Keaton do standup comedy backstage. Speaking of Mark Keaton, she had another match with him coming up soon. In a tag match with Triple X. Like Garth, she had limited contact with Xander thus far. He was a fierce competitor, but from what she observed, he seemed rather two faced. He claimed to hate the world, and everything in it, yet had a doting girlfriend of his own. She was aware of the lives the other competitors lived. Everyone seemed aware of her relationship with Derrick, even though she had done everything to keep it private. And Talia traveled with him a lot. Kagura wondered if the aggressive personality that he showed in the ring ever showed up in Xander’s personal life. It had in hers when she and Derrick first started dating. She wondered, was he secretly abusive to his girl? Did he yell and scream and take his anger out on her? If not, then where did it all go? Unlike Keaton, who clearly did not mind winning or losing if he was having fun, Triple X seemed like the type of guy that let that bother him.

Triple X wanted to be world champion. Like her, that was his dream. And like her, he struggled to rise beyond his current position, while she had made it all the way to the top. And here’s where she and someone like Black were different. She wasn’t going to belittle Xander for his failures. She wasn’t going to demean his accomplishments. She didn’t mind being the object of his frustration. The prospect thrilled her. Excited her. Why? Because Kagura craved the challenge! Nearly die fighting Batti Otaku in a chain match at Unscripted? Awesome. Defend the world title in a triple threat match at Lethal Lottery? No problem. Choke out Black at Kingdom Come and show him that all his bravado wasn’t worth jack shit? Couldn’t wait. Tagging with Callie Clark against Triple X and Mark Keaton? It would be her privilege…

…As long as that prima donna of a tag partner knew her role then everything would be fine. She had nothing against Clark, but she didn’t trust her. Not that she expected her to abandon her, but she expected to be shown zero respect, and that was going to be a problem. Current Elite champion or not, Kagura did not care.

The sound of her phone ringing snapped her out of her thoughts. She walked across the living room and picked it up. It was an international called from an unknown number. Wait a minute. The area code… was Japanese! Her heart suddenly leapt forward as she answered.

“Hello?”

“How are you doing, babe? Did I catch you at a good time?”

Kagura’s eyes widened. She couldn’t believe her ears.

“D-Derrick?! What are you doing? I-I mean how are you doing?”

She heard laughter coming from the other end. She crossed the carpet and sat down on the sofa.

“You sound surprised. I’m sorry for not calling you sooner. Work has been hectic. We’re doing a lot of good projects at the museum. Money’s good too. The job is going to last a bit longer than I told you; at least six months longer.”

Kagura’s mood deflated. It was great to hear from him, but this meant that she wouldn’t be seeing him anything soon.

“But don’t worry, I still plan on going to Kingdom Come in Barcelona. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

Kagura’s eyes lit up in anticipation.

“I can’t wait to see you too. I’m not going to lie; things have been tough without you, Derrick. I’ve managed to get by with my smartphone, but I always felt so much more at ease having you around. I’m not a people person. Or rather, I don’t like dealing with people.”

She heard him laugh in the background.

“I wouldn’t disagree.”

She scoffed and responded with a playful tone, “You’re the boyfriend. You’re supposed to comfort me in my hour of need!”

“If I were there, I’d do more than just comfort you. I’d comfort every inch of your body.”

She giggled, “Hey now, don’t make promises that you can’t keep!”

He sighed, “When I see you in Spain, I’ll keep that promise to you all night.”

She purred, “You better! Mama’s got a lot of pent up frustration that she needs dealing with. And I’m not talking just about the sex.”

“I saw what happened to you on Meltdown when that Black guy attacked you. That looked like it was rough.”

“It was rough. And not the good kind of rough either. I can see through a guy like Garth Black easily, the problem is that I don’t know his motives. Honestly, I’m pissed. And his words hurt! Maybe he wants to get me riled up so that I’m lose my composure and make a mistake. What do you think I should do?”

There was a short moment of silence, as little bit of static filled her ear.

“I think you should have patience and treat this match with respect. That’s what you’ve always done, right? Don’t be the snake in the grass. Be the tiger on the hunt. A guy like Black probably has an inferiority complex; he’ll likely trap himself. But before he does that, show him that you aren’t a coward. But I assume that you were already going to do that, right?”

Kagura chuckled, “Yeah.”

After some more back and forth banter, Kagura remembered something important that she had to tell him.

“I don’t blame you for leaving, Derrick. You followed me for so long and helped me achieve my dream of becoming world champion. Holding that title was only worthwhile because you were with me.”

“I traveled with you because I wanted to,” he responded.

“And I left because I saw an opportunity to chase my own dreams. When I was little, my dad wanted me to be a doctor or a lawyer. I did get my decorate, just so that I could satisfy his wants, but I always wanted to be a museum curator. I’ve always liked the arts and history, and there’s an opportunity for me to do that with the position that I have now. But even so, no matter I am, or what I am doing, I just want to be with you. No matter what.”

There was another moment of silence, filled with more static. Kagura smiled.

“I just want to be with you too.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back