Matt Hardy Arrested for DWI; Fired from TNA

...I think this was just an excuse to fire a guy that they were probably overpaying for.

Maybe so, and perhaps it will finally cause TNA to take a look at what they're getting themselves into, instead of joyously hiring any big name star WWE gets rid of. Matt's actions in the last months he worked for WWE certainly should have given pause to his next prospective employer, yet TNA has proven to be the landing place of performers with substance abuse problems. No, not all of the pick-ups have resulted in disaster, but there's always that chance with a druggie, isn't there?

Isn't it ironic that Matt was the first Hardy Boy to be fired, though? Many folks speculated that having his big brother aboard to ride herd over him would help Jeff straighten out. Instead, the little brother's problems wound up infecting the big one. There might not be a direct connection, of course, but the irony is a little too steep for my taste.

In Jeff's case, he refused to go to rehab (if the reports are correct) and announced he's at home, recovering......which is akin to hoping the problem will disappear if he stays out of the public eye long enough. If he stays away for awhile, he probably hopes TNA will "forget" about his transgressions. In the past, they most likely would have.

Now, because of Matt, that's not certain anymore. Stay tuned.

Many people have posted how ridiculous it is that people like Jeff and Kurt become successful after their fuck ups and Matt hardy gets accused of something and is automatically fired. As for what he could've done, lets leave that out of it. Nobody screws up a chance to keep their job if theres still not sufficient evidence to conclude to anything.

What scenario did he exactly get caught up in? The fact that he drove into a tree? Nobody drives into a tree on purpose, and a lot of people who are not under the influence have car accident. Just cuz someones brother is a drug addict that doesnt mean we have the right to label his entire family like that.

As for the Slater thing, the woman waited so long because the security company she was working for supposedly reported the incident and were working on it. Its a damn security company, I dont blame her for thinking that they had a grip on the situation. Slater's only alibi is his fiance, and we know those never lie. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying Slater's guilty, I'm just saying that when alcoholics, drug addicts, and alleged rapists keep their job and Matt gets fired before hes proven wrong that says a lot about how much TNA cared for Hardy.

You need to look at this from TNA's point of view.
I write a post on page 2 or 3 regarding this but I'll re-do it here.

1. He's TOLD fans to request their money BACK from shows he was pulled from.

Ok, nice going company guy their paying you x amount and the little money they earn you're telling fans to ask for it back because some worthless curtain jerker was pulled from the shows due to some suspention.

2. He's done NOTHING for TNA, apart from cause trouble backstage.

Remember his little outburst that he and Jeff had made rating sore though the roof?? when in reality the ratings had actually decreased?

3. Matt's the biggest jobber in Wrestling history.

I swear Matt has some kinky fetish with being dominated and cuckhold, Adam bangs Amy, admits it and want to see matt face to face to resolve it and Matt DECLINES (not such a man after all) they feud on TV, Matt bigs himself up so much and WWE make him look WEAK on tv. Couple of years later Adam and Matt are having cosy pictures together, no self respecting man would have his picture taken with the guy who FUCKED his partner and ruined his life yada yada yada. I swear I don't know what Amy (or his new broad) see in Matt, he's a pussy. He's ALWAYS on the losing end in his storylines where he's pretty much been dominated.

4. Matt's longevity in wrestling his down to his brother that and the fact Adam fucked Amy and WWE released MATT (LOL)

Seriously it screams they wanted rid of this bum for a long time and when the chance came up they cut him, in fairness to Matt this period pretty much had to suck for him, he lost his dream job, his dream gf and his best friend. And what is worse WWE pretty much rubbed his face in it on INTERNATIONAL TV.

5. Maybe this should be 4.5 but going on from his longevity in wrestling apart from his Brother keeping him around his TLC/Ladder/Tables matches is what kept him around so long, but they were 12-10 years ago and since 2001 when Edge and Christian broke up and the tag division started to decline Matt pretty much looked lost, then 2.0 came in and the only thing cool about him was his entrance music and quotes on screen while he came to the ring.

6. TNA has to sustain this public image, and Matt getting busted for DWI and TMZ have reported it. TNA had no choice but get rid of him, from a business stand point and Spike possibly would have requested Matt be dropped from their airwaves, networks have been known to pull guys for stupid shit.

7. He should retire.

Either way he needs to retire, maybe do a few apps on the Indies signing and taken pics now and again (3-5 per year) just no wrestling, he shouldn't ****e himself out like a lot of the older generation who didn't save shit and now ****e themselves out to make a buck.

I apologize if they're any spelling mistakes.

I will say that how TNA has handled Matt Hardy sure does poke some holes in all those "theories" people have about TNA. Matt wasn't a WWE reject, Matt allegedly had a bad attitude related to work ethic and he was suspended, Matt allegedly was asked to go to rehab and he didn't and he was still on suspension. Where is this TNA that hires WWE rejects and lets them just be lazy and get a paycheck and do all the substances they want? Meanwhile last time I checked WWE was giving a two time dui guy a significant face push. This was a good excuse for TNA to unload some dead weight. It is a shame that Matt Hardy came in with a bad attitude and I sincerely hope those two get it together at some point. I do not want Jeff Hardy's last match in wrestling to be what happened with Sting.

I do not really care if they get drunk and act stupid on their own property because I might see the appeal in that if I had millions but hopefully they can get it somewhat under control and quit letting it effect the rest of the world in negative ways.

I'm not going to get into either Hardy boys past problems, or anyone else on the roster for that matter. The simple fact is a wrestler, who was already suspended, gets into a drunken car accident. TNA wasted little time to let him go, and I don't blame them for this whatsoever, regardless of whos name it is on the future endeavored article, which leads to my problem.

Other guys have done the same thing before, maybe not on suspention already, but Drinking and Driving is a very serious problem. Kurt Angle did it a few times, Alex Riley did it a few months ago, even Ric Flair got arrested years ago for it. I think anyone working for any public company like this should be instantly punished for drinking and driving, it brings a massivly negative light to said company. At the very least, deliver a harsh punishment, but the WWE and TNA havn't done shit about their employees D&D, untill just now, and I'd have to assume it's because he was already suspended.

As soon as a drunk wrestler kills someone from drinking and driving, or a drunk anyone for that matter, they should obviously be let go, but the backlash to the employer will have already been done for giving chance after chance. Kudos to TNA for letting Matt Hardy go, and don't be shy to release anyone else busted for drinking and driving, regardless of star power. Imagine if Mega Star Kurt Angle killed a guy? TNA would feel it there!

I do not really care if they get drunk and act stupid on their own property because I might see the appeal in that if I had millions but hopefully they can get it somewhat under control and quit letting it effect the rest of the world in negative ways.

Spot on! If someone wants to get pissed/drugged up (and they ain't robbing to pay for it) and they're not endangering anyone but themselves, then that's their choice.

I was looking forward to seeing the Hardys return so was a bit dissapointed to see that Matt had been released. Hopefully they can both get it together and one day we do get to see the return of the Hardys. I suppose the only good thing to come out of this is that the haters can comfort themselves with the fact they were right, Matt (and Jeff) did screw up.

The think I find ironic about the whole Matt Hardy situation is this. If he had just shut his mouth and been content in his mediocrity, he could have had a long and successful career in WWE. Matt and Jeff Hardy used to be a big deal as a tag team in WWE. Granted that was years ago, and Matt was largely riding his brother's coattails, but there's no denying the facts. Once the ship sailed, largely due to his brother's well publicized problems, he could have remained in WWE, in a lesser role, and stuck around for quite some time.

Lots of guys come to WWE, and never approach the main event. They stay in the mid card, or lower, or the tag team scene, or whatever, and they make a lot of money doing what they love doing. Had Matt been content to be one of these lesser guys, he'd still be on WWE TV. But because he wasn't content in a lesser capacity, and wasn't content unless he was headlining, so he foolishly went seeking the limelight in TNA.

Unfortunately, his lack of talent followed him there, so he still could not find the main event there either. And without as many safeguards to keep his conduct in check, his family's demons resurfaced, and now, for all intents and purposes, he's out of the business.

What would you prefer, the undercard of the WWE, or the unemployment line?

Yah if matt doesnt want help cough jeff cough then theres no chance in hell he will be relavant in a yr or so!! Thank god Matt hardy didnt kill anyone im suprised as hell the stupid stunts the hardys have pulled havent killed anyone!! But im afraid one day when we will read on WZ Matt or Jeff hardy have been killed in a car accident or god forbid One or the other or both are under arrest for killing some innocent person!! Its only a matter of time before that happens they both better get help soon!!

I love it. Matt Hardy gets busted, hasn't yet been proved that he was drunk, as they are still awaiting results of a blood test, he gets fired. Jeff Hardy shows up fucking high off his ass to wrestle a main even at a PPV and they just let him take time off.

They couldnt even have waited till the results of the blood test came in? I know TNA wants to remove the stench of alcoholics and drug addicts from their roster (Jeff, Kurt) but they could've at least waited. Matt gets fired for alleged DUI and Heath Slater is walking around the WWE locker room an alleged rapist. Somethings wrong here.

Well when you are already on suspension and you pull this, its hardly surprising they fired him.

I am pretty sure Slater didn't rape, didn't he just molest? Molesting is acceptable to keep your job I would think.

I'm surprised it took an accused drunk driving incident to get him fired. I would have thought being consistently late, out of shape, under-performing, not contributing anything of value, and generally acting like a jackass would have been enough.

I'm surprised it took an accused drunk driving incident to get him fired. I would have thought being consistently late, out of shape, under-performing, not contributing anything of value, and generally acting like a jackass would have been enough.

Matt was in great shape from where he was at before he left WWE. Lets be real.

Reason #37 I have quit trying to believe in TNA as a new WCW/Competition for WWE.....

JEFF Hardy shows up stoned out of his mind for a Main Event Title Match at a PPV and gets sent to the corner... Meanwhile...

MATT Hardy gets ACCUSED of a DWI (not proven yet), and is fired before he gets through the booking department at the police station.

Someone remind me who is running the asylum over there?? :wtf:

I wonder if Jeff Hardy hadn't had all his legal troubles, regarding the drugs and trafficking and other such trivial matters, but instead had crashed his car and gotten accused of DWI, would he have gotten fired? Is this a double standard whereby Jeff wouldn't get fired because of who he is and his position in the company, whereas Matt did get fired because of his position (or lack thereof) in the company?

Molesting is acceptable to keep your job I would think.

Tell that to Randy Savage's ghost and Steph McMahon's 14-year-old vagoo ;)

And, uh, sexual assault is kind of not OK anywhere in the western hemisphere, except certain clubs where they really go for that kind of stuff (paddles and whatnot).

Anyway, fuck Mid Cardy, he ain't done nothing but bitch and moan bout his brother getting more of the spotlight, ever since they split up Team Xtreme. Matt V1 was OKish, but then fuck-all happened up until he tied his car around a tree and got his ass fired.

YouTube video on the theme of "LEAVE MATT ALONE!" cried from under a blanket incoming in 5... 4... 3...

I am little bit surprised by this, but at the same time, I'm not shocked. Also, this will NOT be a big loss for TNA, because Matt didn't bring anything special to the table.

Let's be honest, Matt Hardy was still the same average and bland mid carder we all saw in the WWE for so many years. The "Cold Blooded Matt Hardy" stuff was a joke. I never bought into this persona, because I still saw the same old dull version of Matt Hardy. His ring work wasn't anything special, and his mic skills hadn't improved at all. Although, Matt's physical conditioning did improve, so I guess he does deserve some credit for that.

Over the years, I've tried to understand Matt Hardy, and there have been times, where I actually wanted to feel for him, but he always sounds like a whiny bitch. All of those wild YouTube rants made him look like a fool, and most of the videos did provide plenty of head shaking moments. The WWE gave Matt plenty of chances and big pushes, but everything flopped, and Matt can only point the finger at himself. TNA gave him his fair share of spotlight, but I still saw the same dull glorified mid carder.

It's hard to predict Hardy's future. He has already torched his bridge with WWE, and TNA gave him the boot. I guess Matt could pop on one of the various Indy promotions, because I'm sure some people would pay to see him, but his future in the big leagues is in jeopardy. I just hope Matt will learn to keep his big mouth shut. He always promises big changes, but when it comes time to deliver, he always disappoints. He's all talk, because Matt isn't as good (or great) as he thinks he is.

I wonder if Jeff Hardy hadn't had all his legal troubles, regarding the drugs and trafficking and other such trivial matters, but instead had crashed his car and gotten accused of DWI, would he have gotten fired? Is this a double standard whereby Jeff wouldn't get fired because of who he is and his position in the company, whereas Matt did get fired because of his position (or lack thereof) in the company?

Would Jeff get fired? It's hard to say, but I don't think it would happen. Jeff was a big star in the past, and a good amount of fans still care about him. Jeff has been very over with the fans in the past, he has seen some time in the main event, and he was a big star. Jeff Hardy was insanely over when he left WWE. He won a few world championships, and his merchandise sales were unbelievable. Jeff has something to brag about, when you bring up his past in the wrestling world, but Matt Hardy doesn't.

Well when you are already on suspension and you pull this, its hardly surprising they fired him.

I am pretty sure Slater didn't rape, didn't he just molest? Molesting is acceptable to keep your job I would think.
What exactly did Hardy "pull"? He accidentaly drove into a tree and the officer who found him saw that he wasnt exactly himself? Yeah, that warrants someone losing their job.

You need to look at this from TNA's point of view.
I write a post on page 2 or 3 regarding this but I'll re-do it here.

1. He's TOLD fans to request their money BACK from shows he was pulled from.

Ok, nice going company guy their paying you x amount and the little money they earn you're telling fans to ask for it back because some worthless curtain jerker was pulled from the shows due to some suspention.

2. He's done NOTHING for TNA, apart from cause trouble backstage.

Remember his little outburst that he and Jeff had made rating sore though the roof?? when in reality the ratings had actually decreased?

3. Matt's the biggest jobber in Wrestling history.

I swear Matt has some kinky fetish with being dominated and cuckhold, Adam bangs Amy, admits it and want to see matt face to face to resolve it and Matt DECLINES (not such a man after all) they feud on TV, Matt bigs himself up so much and WWE make him look WEAK on tv. Couple of years later Adam and Matt are having cosy pictures together, no self respecting man would have his picture taken with the guy who FUCKED his partner and ruined his life yada yada yada. I swear I don't know what Amy (or his new broad) see in Matt, he's a pussy. He's ALWAYS on the losing end in his storylines where he's pretty much been dominated.

4. Matt's longevity in wrestling his down to his brother that and the fact Adam fucked Amy and WWE released MATT (LOL)

Seriously it screams they wanted rid of this bum for a long time and when the chance came up they cut him, in fairness to Matt this period pretty much had to suck for him, he lost his dream job, his dream gf and his best friend. And what is worse WWE pretty much rubbed his face in it on INTERNATIONAL TV.

5. Maybe this should be 4.5 but going on from his longevity in wrestling apart from his Brother keeping him around his TLC/Ladder/Tables matches is what kept him around so long, but they were 12-10 years ago and since 2001 when Edge and Christian broke up and the tag division started to decline Matt pretty much looked lost, then 2.0 came in and the only thing cool about him was his entrance music and quotes on screen while he came to the ring.

6. TNA has to sustain this public image, and Matt getting busted for DWI and TMZ have reported it. TNA had no choice but get rid of him, from a business stand point and Spike possibly would have requested Matt be dropped from their airwaves, networks have been known to pull guys for stupid shit.

7. He should retire.

Either way he needs to retire, maybe do a few apps on the Indies signing and taken pics now and again (3-5 per year) just no wrestling, he shouldn't ****e himself out like a lot of the older generation who didn't save shit and now ****e themselves out to make a buck.

I apologize if they're any spelling mistakes.
There were absolutely no valid points. If you're looking for an excuse to bash Matt well theres a whole bunch for wrestling fans online. You guys can meet up and wish death on him all you want.

People have to tell it like it is. They didnt want him there, they didnt want the bad press so they used this opportunity to release him. That doesnt mean they're morally right. I really do hope the blood tests come back normal, thats going to give TNA more bad press for releasing someone without valid reason than one of their wrestlers driving drunk ever could. And like Shane Helms has said on Twitter, everybody makes mistakes. I love how the guy from Jackass can kill himself and another guy in a firery car crash and everybody feels bad for him but Hardy is accused of something and everyone has decided that hes not worthy of a fair chance. WWE would never pull the kind of shit TNA is pulling. Some of you act like Hardy raped your mom or something, so I understand if you dont get it.

Ugh. Every time I go away for a weekend, it seems someone in TNA/IW does something so spectacularly embarrassing that I miss the opportunity for several well-timed one liners. Fuck.

Seriously though, where are all the people telling us how great Matt's TNA/IW run was? That his "Cold Blooded" character was an interested injection of freshness into the sterile world of professional wrestling? Three months ago these boards were filled with less literate versions of the previous two sentences, and now some of those very same people are cheering on TNA/IW for their wise move in firing Matt, who was a washed-up overweight nobody that TNA/IW had made a well-meaning mistake in hiring in the first place. Just like Jeff after Victory Road, without him being actually fired.

If there's a lesson to take away from this, and it's not much of a lesson, is that there are some posters here who will suck so ferociously on TNA/IW's tit as to compliment everything they do, even when it contradicts itself. No matter what TNA/IW does, they can now be assured that they have a loyal base audience.

As far as Matt Hardy goes, what's there really to say? "Oh, jeez, I didn't see this coming at all?" It's a shame that this is how the Hardy Boyz will end (don't be holding your breath waiting on Jeff to return), but can anyone honestly say that this surprises them? At all?

There were absolutely no valid points. If you're looking for an excuse to bash Matt well theres a whole bunch for wrestling fans online. You guys can meet up and wish death on him all you want.

People have to tell it like it is. They didnt want him there, they didnt want the bad press so they used this opportunity to release him. That doesnt mean they're morally right. I really do hope the blood tests come back normal, thats going to give TNA more bad press for releasing someone without valid reason than one of their wrestlers driving drunk ever could. And like Shane Helms has said on Twitter, everybody makes mistakes. I love how the guy from Jackass can kill himself and another guy in a firery car crash and everybody feels bad for him but Hardy is accused of something and everyone has decided that hes not worthy of a fair chance. WWE would never pull the kind of shit TNA is pulling. Some of you act like Hardy raped your mom or something, so I understand if you dont get it.

Stop scribbling your name as Mrs Hardy for a second and smell the alcohol.

The fact is, from a business standpoint, Matt Hardy brought a company he was representing into bad light. This was happening while he was already suspended. What do you do to a person who is already being punished? Suspend them some more? Yeah real strong message.

Him and his brother have been nothing but trouble for TNA and Jeff is probably very lucky he fucked up first otherwise I suspect he would be looking for an unemployment cheque.

TNA have probably just caught on that they have to start being heavy handed with their big stars because theyve been walking all over them. Temper tantrums and bullshit at every turn.

..and you are kidding yourself if you think WWE wouldnt fire someone if they were already suspended and were busted drink driving. I could point the finger at 10 people theyve fired for similar incidents.

I'm often seen as a TNA hater as I've been very critical of their decision-making process over the last couple of years with little to nothing to show for it. The idea isn't that we want to hate TNA, on the contrary. I WANT TNA to succeed as it means that they will offer as an alternative to their competitors and to some degree force their competition to get better as a result.

But the facts can't be ignored.

1. Ric Flair - massive off camera issues that have led to his being taken off television.

2. Jeff Hardy - Shows up high for matches.

3. Matt Hardy - Drunk driving and now it comes out that he's difficult backstage.

4. Hulk Hogan - Has he REALLY made a difference for TNA? If so, is the difference that he helped them stay in business because the ratings certainly haven't improved by any significant amount.

5. Nash - Problem backstage, then bolts when he doesn't get his way.

6. Kurt Angle - Drunk driving.

7. Storylines - At times convoluted messes that few people can keep up with or that make any sense.

These are just a few of the major issues/topics of discussion that people have debated at length concerning TNA.

Shouldn't we all as fans want TNA to get better and therefore be willing to discuss them honestly?

Stop scribbling your name as Mrs Hardy for a second and smell the alcohol.
I like how because I'm not hating on Hardy I'm all the sudden gay for him.

The fact is, from a business standpoint, Matt Hardy brought a company he was representing into bad light. This was happening while he was already suspended. What do you do to a person who is already being punished? Suspend them some more? Yeah real strong message.
You dont do anything until you know that he was in fact intoxicated. Why, as a business, would you jump the gun and fire a guy, lose someone who you could actually utilize, when you have the opportunity to redeem yourself?

TNA have probably just caught on that they have to start being heavy handed with their big stars because theyve been walking all over them. Temper tantrums and bullshit at every turn.

..and you are kidding yourself if you think WWE wouldnt fire someone if they were already suspended and were busted drink driving. I could point the finger at 10 people theyve fired for similar incidents.
WWE wouldnt fire someone without absolute proof that they did something. Just like Hardy was accused of driving drunk, Heath Slater was accused of raping a chick. Until theres proof that he did that they wont let him go. The bloodwork is still pending for Hardy, it just show how chaotic TNA is being run that they couldnt wait until the results of the blood tests cam back before they disciplined Hardy. You know how this goes across to everyone who doesnt hate Hardy because they jumped on the hate bandwagon, its look like a company that is so worried about saving its own ass that they completely abandon a superstar before theres any indication that he did something wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back