Mark Henry Injured

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to reports on various websites, Mark Henry was injured at a WWE house show last night in Boston. According to WWE, Henry suffered an injury to his right hamstring while running to the ring during the show's final moments. Daniel Bryan had Orton locked in the Yes Lock, The Shield interfered, a beatdown started to take place and Henry was part of a group of babyfaces who made the save. WWE later added a statement saying, "medical imaging will be obtained to determine the severity of the injury." Henry was scheduled to be on WWE's house show today in Washington D.C., but was taken off the card. So, there's nothing out right now as to how serious the injury is.

Henry's someone that's been plagued by injury off & on during his career, but especially for the past few years. Henry missed much of 2012, about 9 months if I'm not mistaken, due to injury. After Extreme Rules, he took nearly a month off, again allegedly due to injuries, before returning with the "retirement speech" angle. Over the past few years, I've read some stories in which Henry's toughness, ALLGEDLY, has been called into question by some within the company, including Vince McMahon himself.

All in all, Henry has been doing the best work of his career for a couple of years now. He was one of the most pleasant and unexpected surprises of 2011. I have to wonder, however, if it's starting to catch up to him. Henry's been lifting weights since he was 10 years old. According to an article in Sports Illustrated, Henry could squat 600 pounds when he was a freshman in high school. By the time he graduated from high school, he could squat 832 pounds, bench press 525 pounds and deadlift 815 pounds. He's still someone that's spent much of his life lifting really heavy weights and that in & of itself can take a toll on your muscles, joints & connective tissues. It could be compounded due to Henry being 42 years old, genuinely weigs somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 pounds and has been a professional wrestler since he mid 1990s.

During WWE television this week, Henry hasn't really been part of the big power structure angle, which is kind of surprising when you consider that he & Big Show have been said to team up to go after the tag titles. Instead, Miz was featured in the angle. So, maybe Henry has had some issues his hammy for a little while already and WWE decided to shift his spot to either Miz or Ziggler; and the hamstring might simply have given out last night. Or, maybe injury issues were present and WWE decided to stick Miz or Ziggler in this week and maybe introduce Henry into things this week or a little later.

I'll tell you one thing, if Henry is thinking about doing another in-ring retirement speech after this, he better come up with another way to say good-bye. After what he pulled this year, nobody would believe him, and I'm sure any live crowd would heckle the shit out of him.

But in all seriousness, it might be time for Mark Henry to hang it up for good. Funny how before his WHC run in 2011, none of us would really give a shit if Mark Henry was injured, absent, or released, but because of that run, we still believe Mark might have some gas left in the tank.

To be realistic, I don't think we'll ever see another run like Henry's WHC after he beat Orton for the title. All the stars were aligned, and as the old saying goes, lighting rarely, if ever strikes in the same place twice. I'm not saying Henry doesn't deserve credit for that run. He was in great shape, motivated like we've never seen him before, and after all the failures in the past, the strong push as the dominant monster worked, and Henry got over with the fans as a heel. Henry finally grabbing the proverbial brass ring after all those years of trying and the injuries was a feel good story the VAST majority of us ate up and wanted to believe in.

But that time has come and gone. Just ask yourself this one question, did you really believe Henry had anything resembling a realistic chance of beating Cena for the WWE Championship at Money In The Bank? The answer is an unquestioned and resounding no.

I have enjoyed Mark henrys work these past three years more than i have enjoyed him for his whole career. At 42 Mark Henry,is still a very imposing individual. Jacked beyond belief,i believe he could still squat 700 plus pounds. I agree though,the years decades of weightlifting may have taken its toll on him. He is so large,its nor that hard to tear something. No,of course i knew Henry wouldnt beat Cena at MITB,but still I love his work as of late.

But this recent rash of injuries i think it is time to really hang em up for good. If he got heckled IMO shame on the live audience if they choose to go that rout. All of us believed it the first time he pulled this,and he pulled the greatest swerve any of us could remember in a long long time. Henry is Brilliant beyond belief,but i fear his time has finally caught up with him. His body just seems it can do no more.

Hate to say it, big fan of Mark Henry but he needs to retire sooner rather than later.

I'm glad he got a half-decent run as World Heavyweight Championship. It was solid while it lasted. Probably would have gone longer if he didn't get ... surprise, surprise ... injured!

But he is 42 and father time is strongly suggesting it's time for him to bring his regular wrestling days to a close.

I don't know when his contract is up. Maybe after WrestleMania. If he can push through until then it would be a good time to retire.

I mean, there are many reasons why he should retire soon. He can rest and recover without feeling the need to rush back AND if he does rest up over many months he can sign a Legends contract and come back once in a while like Vader or Rikishi. He can still draw.

Look at freakin' Vader. He comes back once in a while but every time he does its GOLD!

It is a sad time, in a way, because so many great wrestlers really are getting hit hard with injuries and I think they need to retire.

Guys like Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Kane and Christian. I like them all, a lot, but they should cut their losses and maybe get in a few more big feuds... get some other young guys over and get out! ... again ... sign Legends contracts if they have to but get out of the regular day-to-day.

It's ok... there ARE plenty of younger guys with potential to fill those voids.

And look at guys like RVD, Chris Jericho and The Rock. They haven't 'retired' but they aren't full time either but they come back, get in a good feud, put guys over and then leave. It's a good formula and it is a lot easier on their bodies.

Why do people always call for retirement whenever guys like Mark Henry and Rey Mysterio gets injured? It's their career and it's their call really. I bet these are the same people who are begging for HBK to come back for one more match. If I were you I would enjoy them when they are still active as they will not be around forever. Leave the retirement thoughts to when they do retire.

As for Henry, it sucks for him to get injured so often especially at the best years of his career. Maybe it's not serious and he can still be involved with Show in the corporation storyline. I enjoy his work as of late and would like to see more.

Mak Henry injured! What does this mean for the WWE?

It means nothing. WWE don't need Mark Henry. Never have. If he has to leave TV for a few months then the promotion will suffer about as much as his has during his other, frequent sabbaticals.

By the time you've finished reading this sentence I will have managed to move on from the fact I might be unable to see The Sheild vs. Hnery & Big Show at Night Of Champions.

As far as entertainment value, this is a good thing. Mark Henry sucks. He might be more serious as a character these last few years, but he's still unbearably one-note and boring as hell to watch.

Boy I LOVE WHEN STUPIDITY REARS ITS UGLY HEAD.....

To all U Ppl sayin Mark Henry should retire he is not that IMPORTANT.... Think about how stupid U SOUND.....

MARK HENRY IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME WRESTLER.....

There will NEVER be an athlete like him again.... EVER...

He is an UNDERTAKER.... AN ANDRE THE GIANT....HE CANNOT BE DUPLICATED....

Now I have been unabashed about my respect for MARK HENRY.... I have said for YEARS HE IS THE BEST THING THE WWE HAD ON THE ROSTER.... They just did NOT know how 2 MARKET HIM....

He is a MONSTER.... Stop having him having sex with 80 year olds and trannies...

Stop trying 2 make him rap and dance...

HOW ABOUT U MARKET HIM 4 WHAT HE IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME MONSTER...

The WWE NEVER has a good GIMMICK for its BLACK STARS.... They have ALL HAD THE SAME GIMMICK since the 60s....

They either rap.... Are from Africa or the Caribbean... talk using a bunch of slang... BLAH BLAH BLAH....

But they could have used MARK DIFFERENTLY...

He is the STRONGEST MAN IN THE HISTORY OF THE WWE....

Think about that.... WWE HISTORY.... With the POSSIBLE exception of ANDRE who has stories of his STRENGTH.....BUT MARKS ARENT STORIES... HIS ARE PROVEN.... Since most of U GEEKS here have NEVER even seen a gym, let alone ACTUALLY LIFTED A WEIGHT U CANNOT IMAGINE WHAT BENCHING OVER 600lbs & SQUATTING 800 means... I am considered STRONG and I only bench 350.... THIS MAN CAN PULL 2 TRACTOR TRAILERS.... DOLO.... Just him...

U guys scream like SORORITY SISTERS for guys like the MIZ, Ziggler, Bryan and PUNK & DISRESPECT MARK HENRY....

Go 2 any college bar... U will see plenty of GUYS who look like those BUMS.... U FIND ME ANYONE THAT LOOKS LIKE MARK....

Because Most of y'all R PENCIL NECKED SKINNY LARP GEEKS U DONT KNOW HOW GREAT IT FEELS 2 KNOW U R BIGGER AND STRONGER THAN 80- 85% of the ROOM...

MARK IS ALWAYS THE BIGGEST OR STRONGEST IN THE ROOM... PERIOD!!!

Think about that.. He is in a room with TRIPLE H, BIG E LANGSTON, And the Big Show and he is STILL the STRONGEST GUY IN THE ROOM...

U DORKS REALLY WANT 2 BELIEVE THAT SIZE DOESNT MAKE A DIFFERENCE....

IT DOES...

No one cares who was the longest reigning FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPION was... BUT EVERYONE WANT 2 KNOW WHO THE GREATEST HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION IS....

Daniel Bryan is amazing he does drop kicks and dives off the top rope with HEAD BUTTS... I MEAN NO ONE ELSE IN HISTORY CAN DO THAT...

MARK HENRY JUST PICKS UP UNLIFTABLE DUMBELLS WITH ONE HAND, CRUSHES FRYING PANS WITH HIS BARE HANDS... PULLS 2 TRACTOR TRAILERS DOLO....

I can see why U guys say he WONT BE MISSED....

THE WWE HAS NEVER LET A BLACK ATHLETE BE THE REAL FACE OF THEIR ORGANIZATION AND NEVER WILL...

It is not a hidden fact that most of the wrestling business is headed by RACISTS BASTARDS... Its just something that the WRESTLERS learned to deal with...

BUT USED PROPERLY MARK HENRY COULD HAVE BEEN THE GREATEST WRESTLER EVER...

HOW ABOUT U MARKET HIM 4 WHAT HE IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME MONSTER...

They did that, got a really good run out of Mark two years ago.....and then watched as what's happened to him throughout his career happened again. He got injured (again) and the amount of time required for his recuperation was so long that it completely obliterated all the momentum he had built and caused WWE to abandon whatever program they had written around him.

After his wonderful and surprising world title reign, he was badly hurt and after an absence of the better part of a year, came back again as a rampaging monster, with the company hoping he could recapture the heel magic he generated before.

The eternal problem with Mark Henry is that his employer can't afford to waste the time and effort on a guy who's program is bound to end suddenly. Yes, it can happen with anyone, but with Mark Henry, it's continual. Whether you think he's the greatest thing on two (massive) legs, what good are his assets if he can't work? If a baseball player can hit .400 but only gets 50 at-bats a year because he can't stay healthy, how much good does his batting average do the team?

Okay, so this time around they turned Mark good, which was interesting because it had been such a long time since he played a face. Still, it must be remembered that he hadn't experienced much success as a fighter for truth and justice since......well, since his career began.

The smart thing is, his latest return didn't feature him in a prominent role, did it? It's as if the company knew he was only one hamstring pull away from another long absence and that building anything around him would cost them time & money once again.

So, even while offering best wishes to Mark Henry, does the specter of him being on the disabled list again really cost WWE much this time around?

Management was smart; they didn't feature him, and now aren't losing a lot with him off the road.

While I think Henry is an asset, he isn't irreplaceable. The problem the WWE has is that if he is to be out of action they need faces to fill the role of support to Bryan. We saw the Big Show, Ziggler and The Miz step up but it is obvious that isn't enough. The Big Show and Henry were meant to face Rollins and Reigns so it may become awkward for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back