March Madness 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
This thread is for all the march madness involving College basketball and its famous tournament and of course the conference tournaments.

So far I believe that some of the bubble teams like Syracuse and Arizona are getting worried when you have teams like San Diego win their conference tournament to get the automatic NCAA birth into the field of 65. Especially when the only way San Diego was going to make the field of 65 was winning their conference tournament. As in the WCC you have Saint Marys and Gonzaga who will get at large bids since they ave a good RPI and SOS along with good wins. I have to admit I was shocked to see San Diego take the WCC crown, but hey this is tourney time ad who ever is playing the best basketball can win.

So anyone see any other upsets in championship week and do you have who think will be the #1 seed going into the tourney?

I could see a team that knows they desperately need to string off some wins to get into the tourney making runs in their conference tourneys to get in, you mentioned Arizona and Syracuse, but I will add teams like Florida, Oregon and Ohio State that still need another signature win to get into those final few spots. This is an unpredictable time of year and that's why we all love it.

As for the #1 seed, right now I feel that it's UNC's to lose, and if they do UCLA will be waiting to claim it, Memphis has a solid claim to it also, I don't see anyone else taking the #1 overall seed, the last #1 seed will be either Kansas, Texas or Tennessee.

Hmm. How about those Bulldogs? Playing 4 games in 3 days and absolutely owning in every one of them. You gotta win when it counts in those tourneys, They did so. They'll be hot going into the first round so one of the "big time" schools better watch their ass. Same goes for the Pitt Panthers, they are just beastly, and easily deserving of a 4 seed after beating L Ville, Quette and G Town.....Not really the easiest ride to the Big East title, plus the Big East IMO is easily the top conference in college basketball. Pitt needs a 4, anything less is robbery.

I love this time of year. I'm not big into college basketball like I was a few years ago, but I still love everything about the tournament. I won $400 a few years ago when Syracuse beat Kansas, and although I've been god-awful since, I hope I can put in a good effort this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back