Magnus is Done with GFW... Again

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Former TNA World Champion Magnus is no longer with Global Force Wrestling, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The report states Magnus, whose real name is Nick Aldis, turned down GFW's latest contract offer. He reportedly worked the most-recent television tapings in Orlando, Florida under a handshake deal so the company could "protect the lineage of the GFW title," which he lost to Alberto El Patron.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that most of the new contracts GFW has signed with talent gives them ten percent of the independent date money the talent makes. In addition, it's reported talent doesn't get a cut of merchandise sold with their likeness if it's sold directly by GFW.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...mer-tna-world-champion-already-done-with-gfw/

—

To be honest, I really don't care much. Magnus strikes me still, even after all these years, as a very middle-of-the-road type performer with an average look and an average personality. His best work, IMO, was his heel work as the sneery leader of the British Invasion, but he's just generally not someone who IMO is worth investing in long-term.

Frankly, the grass for him is probably much greener in New Japan or NOAH, anyway.

While I was a fan of his prior to his championship run, this has a been there, done that vibe. While he shouldn't be out of the spotlight for too long, I imagine that New Japan or Mexico might be his next destination. Perhaps Elite would be a good place to recharge.

I can see him with Bullet Club or Suzuki Gun but more likely he'll go to the WWE to be with his wife.

WWE brought him in for a tryout as a favor when they resigned James for her NXT match and he failed to impress. I don't think we will ever see him in a major US based promotion again unless he heads back to the UK scene and pulls a Drew McIntyre and lights up the world.

He probably wanted them to put the strap on him, which would have been very bad. Getting rid of Magnus to sign someone like Mysterio or the other new talents that have been reported is good for business.

Former TNA World Champion Magnus is no longer with Global Force Wrestling, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The report states Magnus, whose real name is Nick Aldis, turned down GFW's latest contract offer. He reportedly worked the most-recent television tapings in Orlando, Florida under a handshake deal so the company could "protect the lineage of the GFW title," which he lost to Alberto El Patron.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that most of the new contracts GFW has signed with talent gives them ten percent of the independent date money the talent makes. In addition, it's reported talent doesn't get a cut of merchandise sold with their likeness if it's sold directly by GFW.

I don't want anybody hands in my pocket when I'm not even working for them. That's just pointless. I give Magnus a ton of credit for dropping the title the correct way. Too bad things has gone this route, but Mickie is making money. Also, Batista and Cena isn't on the road anymore.

Oh, well. Magnus is completely boring. From his time in British Invasion to Dixie Land, he was boring. He is dryer than paint on the mic along with in the ring as well. I do not miss him but did wonder why he was not on TV weekly.

Like he said, I think je was in the same type of deal as christina von eerie and was just brought back so he could drop the belt to el patron. I don't know who benefitted from this the most, magnus for finally leaving GFW or GFW for not keeping him. Personally I think magnus benefitted the most because now he's free and can do and go wherever he wants. Magnus is a great performer and GFW should have tried to keep him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back