M.I.T.B. Silver Medal Match - Jericho vs Van Dam vs Liger

Silver Medal M.I.T.B. -Rob van Dam (USA) vs Chris Jericho (CAN) vs Jushin Liger (JAP)

• Rob van Dam

• Chris Jericho

• Jushin Liger

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Rob Van Dam (USA)
display_image.jpg

vs

Chris Jericho (CAN)
RackMultipart.2026.0_display_image.jpg

vs

Jushin Liger (JAP)
th_Jushin_Liger3.jpg

This is the Silver Medal Match in the Ladder Event of the 2010 Wrestlezolympics. This match takes place IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING Rey Mysterio's victory in the Gold Medal Match, so fatigue WILL be a factor. Mysterio has left with the Gold Medal and is not participating.

The Silver Medal will be suspended from the rafters, 15 feet above the ring. Four (4) ten-foot and four (4) twelve-foot ladders will be placed at the entrance ramp. This match will be contested under Money in the Bank Rules.

The first man to reach the Silver Medal (as determined by which competitor receives the most votes in the next 5 days) will win the Silver Medal. Following the determination of the Silver Medalist, the winner will leave, and the remaining 2 men will continue as the Bronze Medal is lowered from the rafters. The loser goes home empty handed. Votes will be erased after each medal is retreived.

The match will open for discussion on Saturday, February 13th, and voting will begin on Snday, February 14th. This is a non-spam thread, so if you decide to post, you must provide reasons why you are backing a particular wrestler. You may vote without posting.​

What the hell, lets try again: Liger Silver, Jericho Bronze, RVD tough luck. RVD is good, Jericho is better, Liger is the best of all three. He's hands down the superior worker amongst the bunch and should prevail. RVD is too risky in his attacks and wipes out almost as much as he succeeds. Liger can best Jericho is any way Chris may choose to approach. As weasel-y as (don't call me)Y2J is known to be, it would simple not work against Liger as he doesn't go in for the "traps and tricks" Jericho may try to imploy and could "out heel" Chris were he to compete as Black Liger.

Wow, I am definitely suprised with Mysterio getting the gold. Oh well...

For me, it is a toss up between Jericho and Liger. RVD has probably suicided himself to death in the first fall, and might only recover in time to make the bronze medal portion of this match. I'm inclined to say Liger wins here, as Jericho's major success is in singles ladder matches, not multi-man, but he could just as easily take the silver in my eyes.

I'm gonna hold my vote for now, but it will likely go to Liger.

Jericho is terrible at multiple man ladder matches, and I don't think that anyone has ever lost as many as him. It will be an entirely different kettle of fish in the bronze medal match, but we can completely discount him from this match. That leaves Liger and RVD, and I think Liger will do it. I know RVD has won a lot more ladder matches, and won his sole MITB effort, however I just think that someone with the intensity of Liger would beat him. So, I'm going with Liger for this.

I still think that there were alt shenanigans going on with Rey's victory, much like there were with Edge tying Misawa. But whatever, that's in the past now and there's nothing we can do about it now. I accidentally voted Jericho in the last poll where I meant to vote for RVD as well. Because RVD has won a MITB, and he's a cardio machine, he takes the silver here. Liger takes the Bronze, and Jericho doesn't win anything because like Tastycles has said, while Jericho has been extremely successful in one on one ladder matches, he can't win in multi-man ladder matches. That checkered history will be his downfall here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back