Silver Medal Falls Count Anywhere REMATCH - Mitsuharu Misawa (JAP) vs Edge (CAN)

Silver Medal F.C.A. - Mitsuharu Misawa (JAP) vs Edge (USA)

• Mitsuharu Misawa

• Edge

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

SILVER MEDAL MATCH

Edge (CAN)
edge.jpg

vs

Mitsuharu Misawa(JAP)
Mitsuharu+Misawa+luchador+fallecido.jpg

This is the SILVER MEDAL MATCH in the 2010 Wrestlezolympics. This match will be contested under Falls Count Anywhere Match Rules. The wrestler who scores the first pinfall or submission will be declared the winner. There are no count-outs and no DQ's, but interference is strictly forbidden.

The winner of this match will win the SILVER Medal in the Ironman Event, with the loser of this match facing Umaga for the Bronze.

The match will open for discussion on Sunday, February 21st and voting will begin on Monday, February 22nd. VOTING WILL CLOSE WEDNESDAY! This is a non-spam thread, so if you decide to post, you must provide reasons why you are backing a particular wrestler. You may vote without posting.​

This being a Falls Count Anywhere match gives Edge more of a chance, but Misawa was just a machine and even using everything that isn't nailed down, I cannot see Edge winning.

The forbidding of interference is also a major factor in why I see Misawa picking up the victory. Many of Edge's big victories have come with some outside help from either La Familia, Hawkins and Ryder, Big Show or Rhyno.

With that threat nullified I only see a comprehensive victory for Misawa

I voted for Misawa last time, and will likely be doing the same here.

Edge is an opportunistic heel, if not THE opportunistic heel. Last time, he somehow pulled out enough shenanigans to be able to tie Misawa in this same match. However, this is a REMATCH, and Misawa is more than prepared for Edge here. If history has taught us anything, it is that Edge thrives on bullshit wins and surprise factors. I love his character for this, but have to be realistic and say that he will lose this match, as he can only bullshit his way so far.

Edge's character is such that he typically wins early in a feud and will capture the first few wins against an opponent before finally getting served in a blowoff match. This is most definitely a blowoff match, and one that Edge will not win. Some examples of this include Edge's infamous "cash-in" against John Cena where he subsequently lost the title back to Cena at the Royal Rumble, as well as Edge winning a triple threat over the Undertaker and Batista only to lose to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

As a matter of fact, the majority of Edge's wins deal with surprise and interference, neither of which are a factor here. Edge will come prepared for Misawa, but the opposite is also true. In a battle similar to Edge vs Cena (TLC in 2006), Edge will lose a match that many say favors him.

Well, I voted for Misawa last time, but I think I may change my vote here. Edge makes a living out of these kind of matches and I could easily see him pulling out a cheap win at some point. Maybe he hides in the rafters and jumps on Misawa or something.

I know Misawa is great and all. Hell, I even voted for him last time. But with this scenario, I don't think he has the advantage at all.

Also, the "You are fucking ******ed if you vote for Edge" arguments from the last round may have played a factor in my change of philosophy.

Misawa again. Falls Count Anywhere matches rarely give anyone a particular advantage, and the stipulation puts Edge at a disadvantage here. Every single one of Edge's big career victories have come by cheating. You can't cheat in this sort of match so Misawa would win. That is, of course, completely ignoring all of the other obvious reasons that centre around the fact that Misawa is better.

Edge's entire gimmick is the ultimate opportunist which means even if edge had as much skills as Cena he would have the advantage in this match Edge would win here without a doubt in my mind because Edge is so dominant in matches where he can do what ever he want's.Not to mention that even though the skills of Mitsuharu are better than Edge's his moves wouldn't work very well in this match.

I haven't seen a single post from Tdigs, or Xfear, or JMT for that matter. Am I to believe that because they posted in the previous Edge/Misawa match that they feel their point was proven and they don't have to post anymore?

Yeah, last time I instantly voted Edge and didn't care. This time, I'm open to giving Misawa fans the benefit of the doubt and chance to earn my vote. He's currently winning right now, so if you think another vote isn't important enough to earn, I'll just give it to Edge again. However, I'm assuming Misawa fans have dignity and thus would want to earn them, instead of winning how they complained Edge wins all the time - by simply not saying a word and watching random votes pile in.

Anywho.. to add to the match itself..

I see a positive side for Edge, and an even bigger side for Misawa.

On the Edge side of things, he's already faced Misawa once. Everyone claims Misawa will know Edge's tricks, but the thing is.. Edge learns from his opponents over the course of multiple matches as well. (Look at how amazingly he's countered a lot of the Hardys & Cena's moves.) Now, I'm not saying in the span of 1 match that Edge is going to have Misawa's moveset mastered.. but I am saying it'll be no more of an advantage to Misawa, than it would be for Edge.

On the Misawa side of things, I'm listening to this "unstoppable force" babble and waiting for an example of how unstoppable he truly is. (Just saying it, isn't gonna cut it) If Misawa is truly unstoppable, and going based off the fact that Edge has dealt with a Triple Threat w/ Misawa (same as Misawa dealt with) and more importantly, a Survivor Series match he likely went far into the end of.. he's likely more worn down than Misawa is.

That, is helpful on the part of Misawa.

Now, because this is a no disqualification match I implore any Misawa fans to show me how this benefits him over Edge, because I honestly do not see how it does. Someone pointed out once before, Japanese wrestling is different from United States wrestling. In Japanese, barring death matches (which has Misawa been in any?) a typical "no DQ" match for them still remains mostly in the ring, like any other - from what I've read, anyways.

Whereas, for a guy like Edge, excluding the interference which is not allowed, Edge has found ways to sneak out multiple no DQ victories by his knowledge of using weapons. Be it, chairs, tables, ladders, or other devices of destruction.

So.. I'm not logging my vote yet, and instead waiting for a good argument for Misawa.. in THIS match.

Ok, so the voting is tied at 18-18, and the posts are tied 3-3. (3 posts for Misawa: Barbosa, checkmate, Tasty...3 posts for Edge: Will, Disarray, cartman.)

I have no choice but to decalre the match an official draw and award Edge and Misawa co-silver medals. By default, Umaga wins bronze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back