Long Replacing Estrada

Derf

O.M.G.
So last night, Teddy Long replaced Estrada as the GM, then notr only gave him a match, but also fired him afterwards. What are your thoughs on T-Lo being the GM of ECW? Did Estrada fail a drug test that will be announced later today? Is this a smart move on behalf of WWE? Discuss.

Wont really matter anyway, Estrada while he can be funny and good on the mic, wasnt going anywhere as GM of ECW. Lol i wouldnt be suprised if he did fail a drug test, did you see the size of him, OMG.

Teddy Long im not happy with either, i didnt like him as Smackdown Gm, sure as hell doesnt do anything for me over at ECW. Long just is too bland for me, he goes to much with the faces and really doesnt show any variation while in authority. We have already seen him for like 2 years on Smackdown and i just dont see anything special, he should just stick to weeling Vickie around seems to do that ok.

In the end though, it isnt really going to matter, because the GM's of ECW tend to not really do anything anyway, make a couple decisions here and there, but thats pretty much it. Nothing special here IMO.

I think this could lead to Estrada going to Smackdown! and reuniting with Umaga(if he goes there) or becoming the GM on RAW or even SD!. I also have an idea with Long in ECW. He could bring the Undertaker to ECW and since SD! and ECW have that agreement then the Undertaker could show up on SD! and take out Edge. The thing is though, that it looks like ECW is going on the road with RAW so maybe they removed Estrada so they could have a reason to end the agreement of superstars going between SD! and ECW.

Does a G.M make the show though? Long was ok on smackdown he was a good face GM always giving the fans good matches and always helping the face Wrestlers. I think Long might just manage to save E.C.W. Paul heyman reminded me to much of Vince in the Attitude ara. and Armando wasnt that good. but if Long was to give the fans what they wanted like he did on smackdown we might end up seeing why they call it EXTREME Championship Wrestling. it was a really good move by WWE if they manage to do something with him instead of just having him appear every now and then. who knows hopefully he is the gm of ecw so john cena can go there becouse aint they friends? that way E.C.W's problem is solved they have a decent popular Main eventer. and the fans are happy becouse he is off the A show.

Does a G.M make the show though? Long was ok on smackdown he was a good face GM always giving the fans good matches and always helping the face Wrestlers. I think Long might just manage to save E.C.W. Paul heyman reminded me to much of Vince in the Attitude ara. and Armando wasnt that good. but if Long was to give the fans what they wanted like he did on smackdown we might end up seeing why they call it EXTREME Championship Wrestling. it was a really good move by WWE if they manage to do something with him instead of just having him appear every now and then. who knows hopefully he is the gm of ecw so john cena can go there becouse aint they friends? that way E.C.W's problem is solved they have a decent popular Main eventer. and the fans are happy becouse he is off the A show.

Got to disagree with you there, just because Long gave the fans what they wanted on Smackdown doesnt mean all of a sudden he is going to give us Extreme Rules matches i highly doubt it. Vince has changed ECW right around, they not going to risk putting wrestlers through Extreme Rules matches every week and this aint the old ECW, this is the new style, got nothing to do with the old Extreme version.

There is no way Cena is going to ECW lol, ECW is the "C" show and Cena is high property for the WWE, his staying on RAW and there will be little chance his goes to Smackdown, so what hope do ECW have?

Teddy Long got on with the all the WWE superstars because thats the character he plays, him going to ECW is going to do jack, cause ECW is only one hour and the GM plays a very limited role. And plus his boring so i think this move was not needed and it wasnt as if Estrada was doing anything bad, its just GM's dont do crap on ECW there is not enough time.

Anyway, nothing is going to change with Long in, so no big deal.

I think this could lead to Estrada going to Smackdown! and reuniting with Umaga(if he goes there) or becoming the GM on RAW or even SD!. I also have an idea with Long in ECW. He could bring the Undertaker to ECW and since SD! and ECW have that agreement then the Undertaker could show up on SD! and take out Edge. The thing is though, that it looks like ECW is going on the road with RAW so maybe they removed Estrada so they could have a reason to end the agreement of superstars going between SD! and ECW.

If they bring Undertaker to ECW that would by a big blow for Smackdown he was the reason most people watched Smackdown.My question to you is who will replace him on Smackdown? Then if he is going to ECW.Will we see another Kane vs Undertaker anytime soon for the ECW champion?

If they bring Undertaker to ECW that would by a big blow for Smackdown he was the reason most people watched Smackdown.My question to you is who will replace him on Smackdown? Then if he is going to ECW.Will we see another Kane vs Undertaker anytime soon for the ECW champion?

I think I contradicted myself in my post. I mentioned that Undertaker would go to ECW only so he could fight on SD! with the agreement, but then I said that the firing of Estrada could lead to the end of the agreement, thus making the Undertaker to ECW remark not possible. I don't think Undertaker is leaving SD!, I was just trying to think of ways they could bring him back to the WWE. I agree with you that Undertaker is SD!, I was just trying to think of something that could come from this move. I don't necessarily believe myself either lol.

What the fuck did Estrada ever do as ECW GM anyway, other than the Colin Delaney bullshit, he was hardly ever there, and had little to no effect on the ECW title picture, you'd think that would be the main focus of the GM of any show, now I rarely ever watch ECW anymore, but hopefully Teddy Long does more as GM than Estrada, maybe they should have Estrada go back and be Umaga manager or something, that guy really needs a mouth piece, just look at Umaga when he was with Estrada, he was in the ME and a a challenger for the WWE title, without Estrada he has been nothing more than a high profile jobber

This change makes sense to me, as they basically need to have something for Long to do. He's obviously not going to do anything on smackdown while vickie is the GM, and raw doesn't really need one since mcmahon runs things. Estrada is now a wrestler so doesn't need to be GM.

Estrada should go back with Umaga. He really needs a mouthpiece. It seems that Umaga went from dominant heel to jobber once Estrada left him for ECW.

I think Long would spice things up on ECW. He makes great matches and gives the fans what they want. It could really help boost ECW's ratings and make it worthwhile to watch.

I don't really see why they did this...for several reasons.

1. Estrada isn't being built as a legitimate wrestler, and it wouldn't make sense for him to go back with Umaga as that's a step backwards for both of them. So what's the point in Estrada now?

2. Raw has no GM still.

3. Vickie BETTER not stay on Smackdown. She's awful.

4. I'm getting tired of Colin +/- General Manager. Looks like they're going to extend that. Boring.

I'm not particularly a fan of Long...but he's better than Estrada, who is better than Vickie. I personally think Regal was doing the best job so far out of recent choices for General Manager, but of course he's suspended right now. Anyway, I hope they straighten these things out instead of just winging it on the spot. Spontaneity is good for some things, but not when you have no clear goal to reach in the first place lol.

Well hopefully, as someone said above, Long will give us some damn good matches like he would do on smackdown. Give the fans wat we wanna see kinda thing! Hopefully he'll get it on track, least make it a half-assed entertaining show. Personally, since its just ECW, they could make Khali the GM and i wouldn't give 2 shits about it. lol.. just shows how far ECW has went down, and im HOPING, with the amount of WRESTLING talent they have on the ECW roster, Long can make some good changes, make it a good show!

I've read some of the comments in this thread and been a little confused. You do realize that the "general manager" does not actually create matches, right? It's not them who give the fans what they want, etc. The "general manager" is nothing more than a storyline role.

To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised I didn't see this sooner. Don't get me wrong, I doubt I ever would've.. but lets think of the storylines for a second.

First: Teddy Long dispises Vickie Guerrero, so the "Smackdown/E.C.W. connection" will come to an end. (which will also explain why E.C.W. & Raw suddenly start teaming.) I think this is the biggest reason Teddy was accepted in this role. It'll give a proper reason on why Smackdown becomes a "lone brand" when for the previous 6 monthes or longer, they've shared rosters w/ E.C.W..

In the coming weeks, likely after the draft, Smackdown will become singular, while Raw and E.C.W. will travel together. It makes perfect sense for Teddy to "pull" E.C.W. out of the relationship with Smackdown.

Second: It'll "pull" Chavo Guerrero & Bam Neely away from "La' Familia'" which could prove to be interesting in its own right, unless Chavo & Bam get SD drafted.

This could set-up perfectly for Estrada, Chavo Guerrero & Bam Neely to become the heel faction, along with John Morrison & The Miz.. to take on the face G.M. and Kane, C.M. Punk and Colin.. okay, maybe not Colin.. but I think thats where the Estrada angle is headed, unfortunately.

Teddy doesn't fit the role of an original E.C.W. type G.M.. but this is the W.W.E. version, and sadly we have to accept and get used to that. So Long actually does fit the bill of the 3rd rate brand's G.M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back