How long will Teddy Long be GM for?

buddyriffic

Occasional Pre-Show
Teddy Long has been GM of Smackdown now for almost 6 years, with however much time taken off for when Vickie was full-on GM and Long was her bitch, and then GM on ECW before giving it up to Tiffany and returning to Smackdown. I still think he's perfect for the job, and dread the day when he will be replaced. How much longer do you think he'll be kept around for? And do you like him in his role or not?

Teddy isn't a bad GM, but he isn't great either. But average for average, I'd rather have him around. After all, while he maybe prone to bullying, he does have an edge to him that Vickie never had even she had Edge. I was sold on the idea of having Long remain a few years more when at TLC, he restarted the Batista vs. Undertaker Chairs Match which ended in stunning fashion. Now that Edge is back, Jack Swagger is champion, and Batista is gone, maybe he will be able to shine a bit more and give us a memorable Triple Threat TLC at Extreme Rules which I've been desperately longing for granted we haven't had a memorable Ladder Match since Edge lost the World Heavyweight Championship to Jeff Hardy.

Teddy isn't bad, but he isn't good right now either. I think its the people on the show. It doesn't help that he has Sickie Guerrero ego tripping right now. I think there needs to be some big changes with things in terms of how matches are made and handled with talent. For one, if someone is a Consultant, how about she be just that, and not a wrestler? Granted, I like Teddy, he's a likable man. I liked him when I saw him at a SD house show not that long ago, but I'm getting a little tired of this "On probation..." thing "Better bow down to the powers that be" thing. :banghead: What happened to the days when the Mac wouldn't play that? I know he still does have that, but its not the same. Like when Big Dave originally jumped ship to SD right after getting the title from HHH after WM21, the old attitude of Teddy, that's what I REALLY loved. But now he reminds me of my dad who speaks up when he's just too damn tired of all the bitching and has to save his skin.

I know you're in there somewhere Teddy, c'mon man. Bring back the OG MacMilitant we all know and LOVE!! :D

Teddy isn't bad, but he isn't good right now either. I think its the people on the show. It doesn't help that he has Sickie Guerrero ego tripping right now. I think there needs to be some big changes with things in terms of how matches are made and handled with talent. For one, if someone is a Consultant, how about she be just that, and not a wrestler? Granted, I like Teddy, he's a likable man. I liked him when I saw him at a SD house show not that long ago, but I'm getting a little tired of this "On probation..." thing "Better bow down to the powers that be" thing. :banghead: What happened to the days when the Mac wouldn't play that? I know he still does have that, but its not the same. Like when Big Dave originally jumped ship to SD right after getting the title from HHH after WM21, the old attitude of Teddy, that's what I REALLY loved. But now he reminds me of my dad who speaks up when he's just too damn tired of all the bitching and has to save his skin.

I know you're in there somewhere Teddy, c'mon man. Bring back the OG MacMilitant we all know and LOVE!! :D

Lol. I'm not even sure that Teddy Long is on probation anymore, I mean Bret Hart whooped Vince's ass so bad I heard he may never show up on TV again. Which just serves to make this whole Vickie Guerrero as Smackdown Consultant thing just that much more confusing.

The evolution of the character has been very stupid and poorly done. WWE keep starting storylines with him but they don't follow through properly. He was a fantastic face GM, one of the best ever, and then-

The kayfabe heart attack. Vickie was made the new GM, but they made a big deal of making her the "active" GM implying that when Teddy comes back he'd get full control back.

It didn't make sense that when he came back he became the lackey. It makes sense in the story that should have happened, but it wasn't explained. Vince McMahon should have started the seeds of his hate of Teddy here and then by making Vickie the GM personally.

When Vickie went to fire Teddy but instead he quit, that was perfect. Teddy should not have gone to ECW, anyone could have been the GM of that show, Teddy should have in the story, took the case of Vickies constant bias actions to the BOD, and then he could have announced they have removed her as GM, the whole Vickie GM role went on way too long.

And now the same thing started with the probation crap. They ruined Teddy's character by making him suck up to Vince McMahon, he should have been conflicted, but eventually cost Taker the title. Then he should have been shown to have been guilty afterwards, then Takers revenge kidnapping.

He comes back and favoured Taker like he did. Next week Vince should have called him out to the ring for his decision on Teddys probation:

"Teddy Long, you're FI-"

Undertakers gong, he comes out and threatens Vince not to fire then Teddy, the Taker would have demanded a re-match out of Teddy. Bam.

Instead they just gave us a terrible story which made no sense and had no real conclusion.

Future of Teddy? He should come into conflict with Vickie about the divas, if necessary mention Vince has been missing since the Hart Saga, and remove her from power and she can be the annoying mouth piece of some of the divas.

I like Teddy, he's played his role well over the years and is always at the house shows. It's a shame that they would replace him in a second with anyone else who wanted the role such as Ric Flair.

I think this is Vince McMahon's way of giving Long something to do. I believe Long would do great as a manger, but that seems to be a dead art in WWE, so I guess this is the best thing for him.

Long has been stale as Smackdown GM for a long time now. It's time for a shake up at that position, but I don't think it'll happen. Teddy will probably remain GM for a while longer until Vickie Guerrero takes over AGAIN. I don't want to see this happen because Vickie as the GM has been done to death. I actually like her role as the consultant, and her teaming up with LayCool is also kind of fun to watch, but please WWE, don't make her the GM again.

I think the whole "General Manager" idea has lost Steam because if the Guest Host concept. People just don't care about Teddy or what he has to say anymore.

I don't want to see Vickie as a GM again because that's been done to death.

Back to Teddy, I would really like to see him try to get involved with Cryme Time during they're split. Possibly becoming Shad or JTG's Manager. I would Prefer him to become Shads manager because I think he could work as a Heel character.

I THINK HE IS A GOOD GM.BUT THIS WHOLE CRAP VINCE THING ON SMACKDOWN IS RUINING HIS LEGACY.I THINK THERE SHOULD BE TWO MANAGERS FOR SMACKDOWN.ONE TEDDY AND ONE VICKIE AND BOTH SHOULD FIGHT EACH OTHER LIKE CHANGING THE MATCH TYPED .IT IS GOING ON IN SMACKDOWN.BUT VICKIE DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME POWER AS TEDDY.SO BOTH SHOULD SHOULD BE GIVEN EQUAL POWERS.

theres no need for teddy long anymore...theres no need for any type of gm anymore...it was good when bischoff did it....back in 2002-2005, but not now....its as stale as the guest host....i say scrap gms from the show completely...why does there need to be an authoritative figure anyways....without a gm and stupid guest host it allows the room for an actual midcard to develop

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back