Live Discussion: RAW 8/11/2008

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

Bagging the gold?

At SummerSlam, John Cena and Batista face off one-on-one for the first time ever. On Monday night though, the two Superstars had to join forces as they faced World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase. In spite of some infighting, and neither of these dominant competitors wanting to give an inch, Cena & Batista defeated Rhodes & DiBiase to become the new World Tag Team Champions.

While preparing to face each other at the Biggest Blockbuster of the Summer, will Cena & Batista be able to retain their gold? Can these rivals possibly coexist? We'll find out this Monday, as the former champions exercise their rematch clause to face Cena & Batista once again, attempting to regain the World Tag Team Championship.

Since coming to Raw in the 2008 WWE Draft, Kane has been on a mission of devastation, affecting those in and outside the ring all while making cryptic references to “he” and whether he is alive or dead. The Big Red Monster has kept a burlap sack clutched to his side throughout, the contents of which remain shrouded in mystery.

On Raw, new General Manager Mike Adamle decided that the sack has remained enigmatic for long enough, and in an attempt to give the WWE Universe what they want, has promised to make Kane disclose the contents of the bag on next week’s Raw. Will Kane simply allow the GM to look in his fiercely guarded bag? And what could the Big Red Monster be hiding?

Ever since World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk won the title, JBL has decried the Straightedge Superstar as a “paper champion,” who won gold on a fluke. On Monday, the self-made millionaire pinned Punk in a 2-on-1 Handicap Match to face the World Heavyweight Champion at SummerSlam. Then, as first-seen on WWE Mobile on AT&T, JBL went on to challenge Punk to a contest he knows the Straightedge Superstar "CAN'T win." What is this mystery challenge, and will the World Heavyweight Champion be able to prevail? Full story...

On Raw, Shawn Michaels participated in his first interview since being severely injured at the hands of Chris Jericho during their match at The Great American Bash. HBK verified that he was suffering from a detached retina, and that his future as a WWE Superstar was in question. With one more medical evaluation to go, Michaels will be present at SummerSlam to share the results with the WWE Universe. What will Michaels’ doctors determine? Will we see HBK in action again?

For the answers to these questions and more, be sure to tune into Mon

Lemme guess, Batista "Sells out" or some shit costing them the titles. Giving little - no intrest in the cena/batista match at ss (The only intrest atm is that them vsing each other)

Alas, I shall be aboard an airplane. or crashed in the middle of nowere struggling to survive. Or be exploded. For shame. Ive missed over a week or programming :(

For shame.

& RAW should be good. Kane get's his old mask out, turns heel or something.

Cena & Batista drop the titles hopefully.

But most importantly, MIKE ADAMLE!

They will probably retain the titles, but it will explode after the match, the outdoing of each other will be what wins them the match, seeing who can hit the hardest punch, clothesline and finishing move will mean DiBiase and Rhodes get thrashed, but as the match ends, only the insane negotiation skills of Mike Adam-ale and his gang of referees will stop them going head to head this week.

Kane better have something apart from his mask inside, I dont like it when I know what is going to happen, and I like to be surprised, the mask is too obvious, so I can see it being something else - Something of Paul Bearer's maybe?

Well it's not their fault we guessed what was in it.

I'll be happy if it's the mask - I just hope they keep it interesting.

Actually, it is their fault we guessed what was in it. When the storyline started, there were so many things going on in WWE that it seemed like "He" could have been any number of things. But WWE revealed their hand by giving Undertaker a new storyline, not acknowledging any real possibilities on TV, phasing McMahon's injury out of storylines. IT quickly became obvious that "He" was Kane. Plus , that bag is so small, and it's not full, and when he holds it up you can almost see an outline of a mask. WWE should not have drawn this thing on for so long. It should have been the "Is he alive or dead" angle, then two Raws with the bag. It's the same thing with the Save us campaign, WWE gave us so much time to think about it, and gave us so many hints and clues about it, that in the end, we were left with only one plausible answer.

I was still hoping "Is he alive or is he dead" was referring to what happened to Vince. Kane would have orchestrated the stage collapse for whatever reason, and we'd get another awesomely over-the-top Shane vs. Kane angle.

Instead, the whole thing has really fallen flat.

For all we know Kane could turn back into that badass mask wearing monster that he used to be.

I'm actually shocked they haven't blown the stage-collapse angle out of proportion like they did the limo explosion. A break from Vince is always nice. And I'm looking forward to revealing what's in the bag, especially because the angle needs some fuel again. As for the Tag Team title defense, I don't see the point of this. Either a) Cena/Batista just beat them again, which is really no achievement since it's main-eventers vs mid-carders and they're expected to win. Or b) they get a 1 week tag title reign. Seems pointless either way to me.

I hope they lose the tag titles.

Then the tag team division can sorta be back to normal LOL

as much as i want to be surprised, a little bit in me knows that the wwe has nowhere to really go but the mask, since it's the only object that fits, they've ignored mcmahon, and taker has nothing to do with it. the only small side thought i have is it is a red bandana used by taker in the american badass days, when he was "alive" rather than the "dead"man or something, but i see no purpose there.

tag titles should be on tag teams. not 2 random big stars who need a push for a match with only one real reason for having.

i'm actually a bit interested in the contest Punk "can't win." i mean, my first thought is a drinking contest, and at some point punk bashes jbl with a bottle, but who knows? i've been taken by surprise more than once recently, and for all i know, they could be turning punk heel when he does drink and beats jbl (although that's a one in a million shot probably)

either way, i'm glad i'll be able to catch tonight's raw, for sure!

Oh go on. You know you want to.

Otherwise i'll be stuck with randomers.

I need someone who I know won't go "CENA WON! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!"

can't say i'll be here the whole time, but i'll try not to be a random pop in, ya know? besides, i have 2 days until school, 4 days until the wwe supershow i'm seeing. i'm trying to enjoy these days while i can and talk about wrestling and such lol

Ill be at my PC during RAW, whether I actually bother posting anything on here is another matter, I might come on during the ad breaks - Although I need to resupply my tea in some of them, there are an awful lot of commercials during the live broadcast.

So - Count me in.... maybe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back