Live Discussion: ECW 2/19/2008 & Smackdown 2/22/2008 **NO SPOILERS**

exactly. yea, u have to have some storyline, but I dont think you need to go too over the top with it. Matches can have backstories, but it needs to concede to the actual wrestling. You know why the Punk-chavo feud was good? becuase it was about THE BELT. which is how it should be.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again. As entertaining as storylines can be, and as crazy as the shows get sometimes, there's always one simple cure for everything: Let the guys get in the ring, and wrestle. It works on ecw, it would work on raw and smackdown, and it works for tna when they're smart enough to realize it.

seriously. look at the two eras in which wrestling was more popular....the golden era, and the attitude era. I personally feel that the attitude era was more faddish than anything, and that the golden era was a more consistent and lasted longer. the attitude era was what, 4 years??? compared to the golden era of 9 years. im just sayin....

The attitude era was the perfect storm for wrestling. People had gotten sick of the same thign over and over again for years. Then the NWO and Austin came in and everything his perfectly. I think that's what needs to happen again, as it seems that people are tired of all the storylines and angles, and somethign like wrestling, with gimmicks that are over the top, would work as well as anything right now. I know i'd love to see it.

This is true, which doesn't look like that'll happen anytime soon. Maybe TNA will wake up and become that in a few years, but i really wouldn't expect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back