Lethal Lottery 2014: Constantine(c) vs. Theron Daggershield-Elite X Title

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Life In Make-Believe
23wnqxk.jpg

The town was abuzz with anticipation, word always spreads fast amongst the poor slums of Allara. It is simply all they have. People who are teased with the thought of success and glory are kept down by long-standing paradigms of social class and etiquette. Lord Belekash has long since established that paradigm and no one has ever challenged it strongly enough. Not since Kaiser anyway. The trade of hard work in the fields and little to no money for food or comfort all seems worth it as the biggest event of the Allarian summer draws near, The Fatal Gathering was only days away.

And today, the marquee events were named by Lord Belekash. Kaiser, the man who had won his freedom in the arena, would face off against the young and idealistic Theorast at long last. Since winning his freedom, Kaiser had become something that he fought against all of his life. A former slave himself, his victory in Marcadia to celebrate the 100th event of Erodign history had seen him ear-marked for further glory. His surprising win against the legend Titan was something that no one had seen coming but gave people hope. If Kaiser, a slave, could rise up to beat Titan, then anything was possible.

And Kaiser had lived up to the hype by all accounts. His victories in the arena had rocketed him to critical acclaim and vast wealth. His naïve dream of challenging Lord Belekash's rule was quickly extinguished as he crawled into bed with him, accepting his gifts and favours in exchange for carrying out his will in the arena. His attitude quickly changed from thoughts of rebellion to wealth and power. No longer committed to a jail cell, he was given a luxury villa in the centre of town, a short walk from the abode of Lord Belekash himself. A tremendous story of success but a cautionary tale of how even the noblest of minds can be sullied by power.

But Theorast represented a different challenger for Kaiser and his long-established Championship of the Allarian arena. Not since Kaiser had a people's champion been so lauded by citizens and so hated by authority. He had come closer to challenging the paradigms of social class than Kaiser ever had and whilst Kaiser's ethics had wanted to be lured away by possessions and wealth, the same could not be said of Theorast. He was a true champion of the people and a fierce, if inexperienced warrior. His mind was set on dethroning Kaiser in the arena and with Fatal Gathering VI on the horizon, he would finally get that chance. The world of Erodign would be watching...

Kaiser: You want me to face off against Theorast before the Fatal Gathering!?

Lord Belekash: I know it is a strange thought, Kaiser but you must see the logic in it. You are the Champion of my arena, and thus my Champion. Theorast represents everything that can bring this city to it's knees. He is young and idealistic, the sort of person that the unwashed masses can get behind. This threat to our way of life must be extinguished and who better to do it than the men who sold out his people for a mere taste of the spoils of victory.

Kaiser: I did not sell out!

Belekash smiles a wry grin before putting his hand on the shoulder of his champion.

Belekash: Of course not, a mere slip of the tongue, I do beg your forgiveness. However, these people have never tasted the sweet aroma of success. They are worthless worker dogs who catch wind of uprisings and agitation and bark more than they bite. But like any dog once it gets out of control, it must be dealt with. The idea that Theorast can be their salvation makes me laugh but he is a threat that must be dealt with and dealt with hastily. For all of his guile and fortitude, he is young and inexperienced. He should pose no threat to you. As if I would allow my Champions' odds to be shortened by putting him in a match that he would lose before the biggest match of his whole career.

Kaiser looks down towards the hard stone floor as Lord Belekash heads towards the door.

Belekash: Remember, Kaiser, young Theorast is an idealist, clutching the idea that social paradigms can shift and the long-established rules and etiquette of an entire world can be changed with democracy. Fail to beat him and everything you stand for will come crumbling down and we will find ourselves at the mercy of those whom we have held down for so long. Do not fail me.

Belekash gives Kaiser a warm smile before screwing his face up and heading towards the door. Kaiser immediately relaxes his shoulders and lets out a sigh. After a moment of silence, Kaiser moves across the stone floor and rests himself against a large supporting pillar.

Kaiser: You can come in now, he's gone.

For a brief moment the silence continues before soft steps can be heard on the floor and Miarell enters the room, her beautiful eyes lighting up the entire villa like the morning sun. Her radiance was truly something to behold. But there was caution to her walk, perhaps knowledge that Kaiser would be called to battle once again scared her and she was hesitant to hear the unavoidable news.

Miarell: You're fighting aren't you?

Kaiser looks deep into the eyes of his love as she finally gets close to him, a look of anxiety plastered all over her features. His stoic look of bravery finally folds as he lowers his head, not standing to break her heart with the news.

Kaiser: … Yes.

Miarell raises her right hand and places it on the cheek of her Champion partner.

Miarell: Don't fret, Kaiser. I had prepared myself for this. You never really won your freedom from the arena. Even when you were given the opportunity, you simply couldn't remove yourself from it. It is attached to you like the babe that lives in my stomach.

Kaiser raises his head in shock as Miarell lets a warm smile appear, quickly followed by a stream of happy tears. Kaiser immediately embraces his lover, wrapping his hands around her tightly, a solitary tear of happiness now running down his own cheek.

- - - Meanwhile, elsewhere in Allara - - -​

Citizen: Have you heard, Carpathian? The young man Theorast is to face Kaiser at the Fatal Gathering!

Two men stand on the corner of a dingy alleyway, the sand from the street whipping up and blinding them as the wind howls. The sun is at it's highest point in the sky as people seek shelter from the harsh midday sun.

Carpathian: Indeed, Baratheo. I heard in the Meriat tavern that Theorast has risen to the opportunity. Suggested the idea even.

Baratheo: And Kaiser simply accepted it?

Baratheo's jaw drops slightly as news of Theorast's claim to the Championship of Allara becomes clear.

Carpathian: Kaiser had no choice, brother. Even Lord Belekash had little choice. He bent under the intense scrutiny of the people. Theorast had simply earned it and it could not be denied. Try as he might. But the question remains as to how clever a move that might have been for young Theorast. A skilful warrior he may be but Kaiser has shown himself to be a remarkable talent, capable of winning any match-up. His relationship with Shomus and Holferhand of The Emporium could result in tragic and dire results for the upstart.

Baratheo considers the words of Carpathian as the two brothers stew in the sun. Unusually for the two men, silence falls between them.

Baratheo: With the Fatal Gathering Exhibition Match only a few hours later at the event, how can we be sure that Theorast is given every opportunity to prevail? Yes, the Championship title of the Allarian Colosseum would mean everything to such a young and hungry competitor but real fame and success only follows the Fatal Gathering Exhibition Match winner. Surely, it was not a smart time to challenge knowing full well that he may have sacrificed his chances?

Behind the two men, a sudden crash of clay comes rumbling up the narrow alleyway. After a second of scuffling, a gaunt man appears from the building, running at full pace with pursuers not far behind. In his hand, a golden locket is clutched tightly.

Carpathian: With the city the way it is brother, there was no better time. Theorast must win. For all of our sakes.

- - - A few days later, on the eve of the Fatal Gathering - - -​

Lord Belekash: Citizens of glorious Allara, we have reached the even of the biggest and most exquisite battle in all of our calendar. As you expect from me, I have spared no expense to bring you only the best talent that money can buy and will personally ensure that no one leaves the stadium disappointed.

Belekash stands on a raised platform in the Allarian town square, addressing his people. Behind him, the intimidating figure of Kaiser stands. Dressed in full battle attire, Kaiser cuts a deadly figure. His chain-mail is golden in colour and the fabric around it is woven intricately – a stark reminder to those who Championed Kaiser from inside the gathered masses, that he has indeed let their feelings fall by the wayside.

Lord Belekash: But let me keep him from you no longer. Ladies and gentlemen of Allara, let me introduce your Champion. The one and only... Kaiser!

Kaiser moves forward before explosively raising his arms up in a celebratory fashion. The gesture is not received warmly as the crowd begin booing loudly and tossing rotten fruit. The security quickly disperse amongst the crowd as Kaiser continues to celebrate.

Kaiser: You miserable, pathetic rats! For so long, I fought for you in the arena and where did it get me? On the end of a whip and a crowded slave cell with one meal of rice a day. Now I am finally successful you cannot see past your own jealousy to be happy for one of your own. You cannot accept that I am simply better than you would have me attest to. My talent supersedes anything you ever proclaimed and you know it. You took to me whilst I was a slave and nothing more, a symbol of a better life that could all be yours.

Kaiser looks angrily down onto the crowd as he continues his address.

Kaiser: But what have any of you rats ever did about improving your own lot in life? When opportunity knocked for me, I grasped it with both hands. I have proved to each and every one of you that true talent and true determination will reap it's rewards. And yet you still toil in the fields every day just hoping for another Champion who can bring this government to it's knees. And now you pin those hopes on Theorast Dragonbone. You know as well as I do, if not more, that he is not on my level. You know that he will step into the arena at Fatal Gathering and the immense pressure you have swelled upon him will turn his legs to stone and his heart to sand. He is not ready for such a challenge and yet you goad him into it...

The Allarian Arena Champion shakes his head in disapproval as muffled criticism continues to circulate from amongst the crowd.

Kaiser: This address is not for any of you. This address is for my opponent at Fatal Gathering. Relinquish your claim to my Championship. Cast off these people as your support and kneel before me. I am the conqueror, I am the Champion and you are nothing but my next victim. These people do not care about you, they will use and abuse you whilst you are useful before discarding you callously and without mercy. Once you have outlived your usefulness, you will simply be another name in the history of defeat. These people do not care about you, they never have. They feigned care for me until I was selfish enough to want more than their acclaim.

Kaiser stops for a moment before looking at Miarell deep within the crowd, her face glowing with excitement and love.

Kaiser: Theorast, if you enter the Fatal Gathering match to attempt to strip me of my Championship, it will be last thing you ever do, this much I promise you. You are outmatched and overestimated. Mercy will not be forthcoming and I will have no other choice than to do what I do best. Destroy you. I simply have too much to fight for.

Constantine peers over the top of his laptop screen as Mia rests her eyes nearby on a lavish leather couch. One of her hands is tucked prettily behind her head and the other rests on her growing stomach. Constantine silently contemplates his future as he looks at her, her beauty, what she represents to him. In the corner of the room, the Elite X Championship rests on a stand and faces out towards the Champion. Constantine switches his gaze between the two targets before finally standing up from the computer and closing it over. He takes a sip of his scotch before heading over to where Mia is laying and joins her. She stirs under the movement from her partner but continues to sleep.

Constantine: Championships will not mark my legacy, Mia. No more anyway. The gift you have given me means more to me than any gold belt or title. But I promise you this. I will not set an example of running away from a fight, not now. Theron Daggershield may be young and inexperienced but he is a significant threat to my legacy. I must destroy him. For you... For me... For our child. This is not a game any longer. Play time is over!

Constantine places his hand on the stomach of his partner and rests his head against hers. Silence. Deafening silence.

Theron's Merry Band Of Misfits

sipw.png
ru7l.png
3rgn.png
4w31.png
n3gq.png
vpe8.png

1977250_10100132096514876_837763086_n.jpg

Scene opens to a sanctuary. There are wooden benches that are painted purple, a heliotrope colored carpet across the floor of the chamber, stained glass windows depicting lightning bolts, and a pedestal at the altar containing an amethyst gem. There is a scroll placed on the top of the altar. At the far right of the sancuary past the altar is a suit of full plate armor. A door at the left wall opens slowly, and Sheshmish the orc Swashbuckler can be seen peeking into the sanctuary, he then shuts the door. His and Davivel the Cleric's voices can be heard through the door.

Sheshmish: (from behind door) Thar be no one in there, yarr.

Davivel: (from behind door) What do you mean there's no one there?

Sheshmish: (from behind door) The shrine be empty, vice-captain!

The door opens fully. Sheshmish the Swashbuckler, Davivel the Cleric, Kayrentia the druid, and Keifasar the Necromancer each enter the sanctuary armed for battle.

Kayrentia: Sheshmish is right. The cultists are gone. Should we grab the Mystrian artifact and leave?

Keifasar: No, don't do anything yet. Stay away from the armor. This could be the work of an Illusionist Sorceror to hide them. Thirty cultists do not simply vanish.

Davivel: I agree with Keifasar. We are in more danger due to Theron and Kirilah not being present, and the cultists forced us to retreat last time. We are significantly outnumbered if they are in fact here. Sheshmish, search for traps.

Sheshmish: Aye aye, vice-captain!

The orc searches every single corner of the sanctuary. He then inspects the benches, finding nothing suspicious. Keifasar walks up to the altar while Sheshmish looks for traps. He takes the amethyst gem from the altar and places it in his bag of holding. Kayrentia is gazing in admiration of the artwork of the stained glass windows. Davivel walks up to Keifasar.

Davivel: Theron will want you to appraise that amethyst gemstone when we get back. Wait.... what's that? Keifasar, check for curses on that scroll and then read it to us.

Davivel points to the scroll sitting on top of the altar. Keifasar looks it over to make sure it is not cursed, and opens it. The Necromancer immediately has a look of concern on his face.

Keifasar: Ummmm.... We've got a problem. Disregard my Illusionist theory. The cultists are definitely not here.

Kayrentia and Sheshmish walk over to the altar. Keifasar takes a deep breath and squints his eyes before reading the scroll to his allies, who all three are now standing right next to him.

Keifasar: It reads....

"Welcome to the empty Shrine of Thunder. Please enjoy your stay and have fun procuring the fine armor hidden here. While you wimps raid this tower, the Thunder Cultists of Shar, have all been sent with Dybbuk the Diabolical Necromancer to bring us the next sacrifice to the almighty Shar. Theron's whiny girlfriend, the Paladin of Mystra. Speaking of your so-called fearless leader, by the time you read this, expect him to be interred. I will make mincemeat of Theron after he has been weakened by Kaiser in their championship match, when my idiot twin brother least expects it. You four shall soon follow. Enjoy being amongst the living while you still can.

Sincerely,
Feron Daggershield, Dark Knight of Cyric"

Sheshmish: The captain be in danger!

Davivel: We must go help Theron before it is too late. Sheshmish, grab the armor. You're the only one strong enough to carry it and it was the whole reason we came here. We must hurry to Theron! If we leave now we can make it to the arena in time before Feron can attack.

Sheshmish goes over to the armor, takes it down from the wall, and walks back to his allies. The four nod in unison, and rush out the door. Scene fades out.

=========

Scene shifts to Theron at the campsite he had set up outside the town of Thunderbelle to better prepare himself for his Expert F Championship match against Kaiser and the Risky Raffle match, by himself away from all distractions. Owls are heard hooting in the trees and there is a full moon. A wolf howls in the distance. Theron sits down by a tree stump at the campfire. The rocks and logs have been moved away to make room for Theron to practice Warblade maneuvers in the night. He closes his eyes. His thoughts can be heard in voice-over as mysterious music plays.

[YOUTUBE]zWS9DU1GzLQ[/YOUTUBE]​

Theron: (voice-over) I have way too much on my mind. If am to stand a chance against a deadly opponent like Kaiser, I must be mentally prepared. I need to free myself from all distractions. With my Merry Band of Misfits being off seeking the next Mystrian artifact, I can focus on my upcoming Expert F Championship match. Part of me wishes I had stayed with the doctors longer to learn more, but I could not get my mind off the fight I had with Kirilah. I had to go find her!

Theron exhales, his eyes remain closed and his thoughts can still be heard.

Theron: (voice-over) I never did find Kirilah. It turned out she was abducted by Dubbuk, who is ALSO working for that crazy Shar cult. She got abducted the last time I had a match where this title was on the line, when I faced Marrmell in a Ladder Match for the belt at Burnup 100. Even if I win the thing, I get placed in a gauntlet of title matches. One after another. Is that poisoned chalice truly worth it? Mystra! Show me a sign!

Theron closes his eyes to meditate. Scene shifts using a mosaic animation to the Ladder match for the Expert F Championship between Theron Daggershield and Marrmell at Burnup 100. The match replays as Theron's thoughts continue be heard via voice-over.

Theron: (voice-over) Burnup 100 is a day that I will never forget. It was to be the day that I became a star and vanquished the evil Marrmell to take home the Expert F Championship. That historic night was one I will never be able to look back on fondly. I let the fans down, Marrmell was still the Champion. I am a role model to my fans and I was unable to give them a happy ending.

Scene freeze frames upon reaching the moment of the match where Theron fell to the canvas off the ladder.

Theron: I was but one of many victims. One by one they all failed in their attempts to defeat this monster. The Rhyming Dwarf Davkas Diamonddeath at Elevation 74, myself at Burnup 100, one half of The Might Sweets in Leonaros Moonshadow at Unwritten 2014, The beautiful Ella Teague at Burnup 101, Byla the Orc Warrior at Burnup 102, and finally there was Felix the crooked Purple Dragon Knight at Everybody Or Nobody 2014. All failed, until....

Scene shifts to the gladiatorial match between Marrmell and Kaiser at Everybody or Nobody 2014. Footage from the match plays as Theron keeps speaking.

Theron: (voice-over) Then along came Kaiser, and he did what no other gladiator had been able to do, defeat Marrmell in an Expert F Championship match. The evil had been vanquished, but by an even more evil being. As tough a competitor as Marrmell was, Kaiser is ten times more deadly.

The footage of the match keeps playing until it reaches the ending. Markus Frostbite, Daniel Jaguar, and Kaiser hold up the Expert F Championship belt. Scene freeze frames while all three then-members of The Excellence celebrate Kaiser's victory. Scene zooms in on Kaiser so only he is visible onscreen. Theron speaks again.

Theron: (voice-over) Kaiser has begun a winning streak of his own, soon he will get a World Gladiatorial Championship shot. I must now do what Annaleesa of Moonsea could not do at Elevation 80, what the Nightmarish Newcomer "N" could not do at Burnup 106.... At The Risky Raffle 2014 gladiatorial event I avenge my loss to Marrmell by defeating the one man that handed him a loss in a title match, by defeating Kaiser and taking home the Expert F Championship in the title match I had earned all the way back at Unwritten but never used!

Scene fades to black. Theron's voice is still heard.

Theron: (Voice-over) The Expert F Championship isn't the only belt I could potentially bring home at the Risky Raffle.... There's still the namesake battle of the show, this year it's for the World Gladiatorial Championship! I want to join the ranks of legends like The Great Bill, The Masked Man of Crimson, Daniel Jaguar, Tiberius Scorch, and Drago. I could be next in line, as well as the first ever to take home the Expert F Championship AND the World Gladiatorial Championship.... This is my first ever Risky Raffle match. I'm not only one competing in it for the first time though.... Lauren the Paladin of Torm is also in a match like this for the first time, I promised her I'd look out for her....

The music stops playing. Scene shows white text "A few days ago, following the matches at Tremor 36...." the text fades out after seven seconds pass.

=========

Scene fades in to a training room at the gladiatorial arena in Thunderbelle. Lauren the Paladin of Torm, now clad in casual tunic is seen putting her Tower Shield and Chain-mail away in a chest. Theron walks in to approach her.

Lauren: Hey, sweetie. I thought y'all's girlfriend wouldn't let you talk to me anymore?

Theron: She did, and we had a fight about it the other day.... but I was wondering if I could get your help.

Lauren has a large smile on her face.

Lauren: Oh my gosh!!!! Really?? The great Theron Daggershield wants MY help?

The Paladin's eyes glow with hyper excitement, she claps her hands with a look of anticipation.

Theron: My girlfriend has gone missing. She disappeared during Tremor 36, I just found out.

Lauren's expression changes from excited to concern.

Lauren: Oh no!!!! Shouldn't ya be out looking for her?

Theron: I can't afford to lose this Expert F Championship match I have coming up with Kaiser at the Risky Raffle. I know Kirilah. She would hate to be the reason I do not win the belt. I do want your help though.

Lauren: What did y'all have in mind?

Theron: For you to help explain that she has no reason to be jealous of you. I still love her very much and it hurts me to know that I made her cry.

Lauren: Sure, I can do that! Say, maybe y'all could help me too. This is my first Risky Raffle match. What are y'all's strategies to win, any tips?

Theron: Sorry, I would never reveal my plan going into a battle. Well, maybe to Kirilah, but.... She's not here right now.

Lauren: Oh, come on now.... good friends shouldn't keep secrets!

She makes a sad puppy face.

Theron: What I can tell you is this though, I've got your back. There's a World Gladiatorial Championship on the line in that match.... if anyone else besides us is in that ring, I'll protect you and go after them, but if it comes down to the two of us as the last remaining entrants, we will have to battle. Is that fair?

Lauren regains the happy, hyper mood she had a moment ago.

Lauren: Aww, thanks so much! I knew I could count on y'all! Good luck in the Expert F Championship match with Kaiser, too!

Theron: Thanks, I'll need it. Tell Harbor and Ken Moth that I said hello. I have to go make preparations.

Theron walks offscreen, Lauren keeps smiling as the scene fades out.

=========

Scene fades back in to Theron at his campsite. Crickets chirp and the fire continues to crackle. He opens his eyes as the owls hoot from the trees nearby again.

Theron: Lauren will surely have my back in return. Being new she may be in danger if in the ring with more experienced veterans like Tiberius Scorch, Daniel Jaguar, or even The Cutting Tool. I have achieved victories over two of those three gladiators, they might target me for that very same reason.

Suddenly a beam of holy magical light can be seen shining down onto Theron from the dark sky. Celestial music can be heard. Theron covers his face at first, but then looks up into the light once his eyes adjust to the brightness.

[YOUTUBE]8uvgtbQwRwc[/YOUTUBE]​

????: Theron.... My Crusader of Magic.... Can you hear me young Warblade?

Theron: Mystra?

The celestial voice continues speaking, without actually revealing an answer to Theron's question.

Celestial Voice: It is time to step up, you are The Chosen One to rid the world of the one true evil. At the Risky Raffle you will be presented with an opportunity to obtain one of the holiest of relics, The Expert F Championship.

Theron: The Expert F Championship? What does that have to do with deities?

Celestial Voice: All will be revealed in time. You must win that championship, the future of magic depends on it. It is the key to defeating the evil goddess Shar. All it takes is 7.

Theron: Seven? Seven WHAT!?

He gets up, but keeps looking up into the light.

Theron: Are you referring to the number of title retentions needed to get a World Gladiatorial Championship match by using the Expert F Championship to get there? Mystra! If that really is you I am speaking with, and what you say is true.... Grant me the strength and protection that I need in order to get there. I also have to save Kirilah!

Celestial Voice: I will not intervene in the gladiatorial tournament. You must seek out alliances of your own, if you want to avoid being crushed by The Excellence. Jonas Kaiser will surely have them aid him in tarnishing the Expert F Championship with yet another blemish of a retention. In the Risky Raffle battle, you are jumping into a battle the likes of which you have never seen before, young warrior. Not even my divine magic can protect you there.

Theron: What do I do? If I win this, I will dedicate my win to you and devote my championship reign to fulfilling my purpose you have for me, but I need direction! Help me, Mystra!

10525931_10100205225144516_9036236392311860209_n.jpg

A hologram of Kaiser appears in front of Theron. He immediately draws his Falchion and lunges at the Kaiser hologram, slashing at it furiously. The hologram vanishes. Theron looks around to see where it went. It re-appears again but this time holograms of Daniel Jaguar, Sealamin Glimmergaunt, Marrmell, Davkas Diamonddeath, and The Cutting Tool all also appear next to it. Theron takes a couple of steps back, holding up his Tower Shield in case they strike.

Celestial Voice: Do not take foolish risks in the battle. It is every gladiator for themselves, but alliances will form. Seek out some of your own.

Holograms of Lauren the Paladin of Torm, The Mighty Sweets, as well as the Tag Team Champions The Youths of Righteousness all appear next to Theron.

Theron: I get it now. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, but at the end of the day, trust no one in this match.

The other holograms all engage each other in combat and vanish, leaving only the Kaiser hologram. Theron runs up and slashes at it again, the hologram vanishes.

Celestial Voice: This is the most important battle you have ever been in, my child. Yet, an even bigger battle looks on the horizon. You winning at the Risky Raffle is crucial.

Theron sheaths his falchion and puts down his Tower Shield. He looks up at the light once more.

Theron: I know who to watch out for. The Cutting Tool always does well in this match, he has to be thinking this will be his year. The legendary Tiberius Scorch is entering the match first, seeking to last the entire time earning him his second Risky Raffle victory. He will not get a second win, neither will Daniel Jaguar.

He jumps up on top of the tree stump he had been sitting next to. The full moon is in clear view behind him in the sky as the divine beam of light still lights up the campsite. Theron poses with his falchion and has a look of confidence on his face. The celestial music stops playing for a moment.

Theron: This is MY moment!!!! The Risky Raffle 2014 event is where I become the Expert F Champion, and in the name of Mystra, the show will be stolen a second time by me, because I WILL WIN THE RISKY RAFFLE MATCH AS WELL!

Theron takes up a log on the ground and holds it up above his head in slow motion metaphorically like a championshp belt in an awesome pose, as climactic music plays.

[YOUTUBE]SvODpHnV9o4[/YOUTUBE]​

Wolves howl in the distance as Theron continues posing and holding up the log, which just happens to be similar in shape to a gladiatorial championship belt.

Celestial Voice: Take caution, young hero of magic. Even if you do overcome the odds and honor me with a victory, there is still another you will face on the battlefield. One more evil than Kaiser, Marrmell, or any gladiator you have ever faced before.

Theron throws down the log he was posing with and gives the celestial voice his full attention.

Celestial Voice: I speak of The Shadow Sage, Elora. The Ruler of the New Church of Shar. She is a deadly sorceress who has been watching you from a distance for quite some time, and is observing you right this very second.

Theron: What? Where is she? I'll smite her right now! Is she the one who ordered Kirilah's abduction!?

Celestial Voice: Kirilah is safe.... For now. Win at the Risky Raffle first, then sneak into Elora's lair under the Thorpe of Shadowveil. All will be revealed.

=========

Scene shifts to a dark chamber in a black onyx crystallized castle where a beautiful but dangeous sorceress is watching Theron in a huge glowing mirror. Purple torches light up enough of the room to only see the sorceress, her mirror, and nothing else. It is Elora the Shadow Sage, ruler of the New Church of Shar.

1520804_991200534576_121900817_n.jpg

Creepy music plays in the background as she glares at the images of Theron in her mirror.

[YOUTUBE]SaNqpBAy54o[/YOUTUBE]​

Elora: Soon, Warblade.... You will learn the dangers of getting in the way of Shar and my cult. The Expert F Championship that you seek is indeed the poisoned chalice you described it as.

Seven shadowy figures walk up behind Elora. It is too dark in the room to make out who any of them are.

Elora: Winning that title will be your undoing, because you will have to face all seven of the shadows standing behind me, my Legion Of Shar! Each is a member of the World Gladiatorial Combat Federation, waiting for a chance to be the one to end your life in the name of their goddess. The best part is, your precious girlfriend will not get to be there to witness your painful demise. She will be offered up as a sacrifice the night after the Risky Raffle.

She gets up and walks past the shadows as the music keeps playing. The shadows do not move. She walks past a winged statue with hands over its eyes and looks at it with an evil grin.

Elora: Ah, yes. Your time is coming soon, my angel. Should my Legion of Shar all fail in defeating Theron and his Merry Band of Misfits.... They still have you to battle afterwards, the most powerful monster in the universe, the Sharran Angel! The very same one who already sent the forgotten OTHER three members of Theron's Merry Band away so long ago! Theron and his little friends all still think the Necromancer Keifasar was behind the disappearance of the Dragon Shaman, Rogue, and Monk thirteen months ago, when I know the truth my beautiful Sharran Angel that you used your Shar-given powers to travel back in time faster than the speed of a human eyeblink to eliminate them all without being seen. Whether Theron and the rest of his misfits die by my shadows' hands, or by your powers angel, NO ONE CAN STOP THE ALMIGHTY MISTRESS OF THE NIGHT!

Loud thunder strikes are heard in the background.

Elora: NO ONE!!!!

She laughs maniacally as more thunder strikes are heard, fade to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back