AS 85: Constantine(c) vs. Aubrey Sloan vs. Eve Taylor-Steel Cage for Elite X Title

Status
Not open for further replies.
* STATIC *

Vision cuts in and out of a recording video camera for a few seconds before revealing Eve Taylor playing around with the hardware settings, adjusting everything around. When she is satisfied, she moves away from the lens and sits cross-legged on a neatly-presented double bed in her regular yet still fashionable casual wear. She rummages through her hair before fixing it up, looking directly into the camera. Eve takes a deep breath and does her best to give a small smile. The feed seems to skip ahead a few seconds at random intervals, as proven by the recording timer in the corner of the video.

"This might sound crazy for someone who makes sure to keep up with the latest trends but this is my first time attempting a v-log. It's not like I didn't have the time. I just never really understood the appeal of talking into a camera with nobody else around but then again I've never been so lonely whilst travelling as much as I do before..."

Eve trails off, looking away from the camera and running her hand across the bed sheets beside her for a couple of seconds whilst still trying to maintain a smile but it is visible to see that the last few words really affected Eve. She lets out a quick chortle before continuing.

"Aubrey Sloan was an excellent partner when we went on tour through all the house shows and fan interaction events. Never heard her complain and she would sit and listen to everything I had to say. She was my 'road wife', as they say in the wrestling business. It was great; I wasn't able to experience such exclusive time with a friend as a model since our dates and contracts for photo shoots were always different."

Taylor stops rubbing the sheets and looked up towards the camera. Her happy attitude had slowly faded over the duration of her speaking.

"But times change, don't they? I'm now aligned with the allegedly evil and corrupt WZCW World Tag Team champions Cerberus and Aubrey is nowhere to be seen. I'm not saying that being the Third Head of a once expansive now successful empire has been second-rate compared to the past, no. That's like comparing apples and oranges. Flex & Ramparte have been nothing but supportive to me and I truly value their friendship... but why couldn't I be a member of Cerberus and Aubrey's road wife simultaneously?"

Eve shakes her head as she looks away from the camera.

"I don't understand. What did I ever do to Aubrey to achieve such ire from her and lose her as a friend? All I did was make two more acquaintances and fellow competitors into people whom I could trust and share my secrets. I was merely expanding my circle and much like Jesus did when he opened his arms, I've been crucified for it. Why? Can't a woman know more than one person, even if that one person is completely inept at almost anything social? It's not like I'm dumping Aubrey in a ditch and removed her from my life. She was the one who cut herself from the world but not investing in any mobile devices. What do you expect me to do? Use smoke signals? Leave encoded messages?"

Eve scoffs at the absurd notions.

"And now, because of some simple miscommunication and a female's grudge, I find myself standing on the opposite side of the ring to Aubrey in a match she ruined yet somehow managed to insert herself into and surrounded it with steel meshing. You've painted me as the villain; cost me the chance at making history; and now, boxed me into a prison with yourself. For what? So you can extract some revenge on me? That's rich."

Eve lets out a chuckle.

"Let's not forget that it was you who betrayed me by coming out to the aid of Lexi Hayes, someone who posted all their faith in the true evil and corrupt corporation formerly known as Young Justice, instead of your best friend in the entire world, me. But people tend to forget the subtleties and remember the hard hitters like when I 'ambushed' you on Meltdown. Ambushed... yeah, that's exactly the word many have used to describe what happened, Aubrey. If it was ambush, Flex & Ramparte would have joined me and hung you out to dry... but we aren't those kind of people, unlike those high-society assholes who follow the creed of the Elite."

Taylor takes out a picture of the three men who belong to the aforementioned group that has a big red circle around one particular member, Constantine. She looks at it, pointing to the three.

"Now, these people are the scum of the Earth. Sadistic, ego-driven vermin that will utilise every resource and underhanded tactic to make sure they stay relevant and at the top despite being past their prime... especially this one, the man they call John Constantine."

Eve taps the part of the picture that features the Elite X champion and smiles.

"He's a spineless individual that one, Aubrey. I suggest you keep your eye out for him but you probably already know that since you've recently gone toe-to-toe with him for his precious championship. He's the kind of person that'll make deals with those he know will eventually turn their back on him just so he can line his pockets and achieve great success in the short term... and he'll do it multiple times over. The friendships he values are the ones for financial or personal gain, nothing like the mutually-beneficial and heart-warming relationship that we once had, Aubrey. Whatever you may believe, I was never like this man and would never stoop so low to get as high as him."

She takes the photo and rips it in half, throwing the two pieces into the air.

"I'm not as evil as Constantine yet you treat me like I'm on his level, avoiding me like the plague... and after all the betrayal I've suffered from my friends in the past, I'm not going to sit here and take it any more Aubrey; I'm not suffering any more of your infernal bullying. You've put me in this position; you've cornered me in this cage: you're the one who is going to see what happens when you take an exotic model and turn her into a dangerous animal. Whether that means I become the Elite X champion or not doesn't particularly matter, we're going to sort out this little friendship issue of ours Aubrey before it becomes detrimental to our health. The special bond that we shared shouldn't have to suffer any longer."

Eve gets a closer to the camera. She holds up her index fingers.

"But because I'm such a forgiving person and I believe in giving everyone second chances, it's time for you to make a choice Aubrey. Whichever out of the two you choose will tell me how much you value this friendship and will determine which course of action I take going forward. Will you help me take down the filth that is known as Constantine who has nowhere to hide and no allies to rely on, ending his pathetic reign as the Elite X champion? Or will you do what you seem to do best and turn your back on me?"

Taylor stares into the camera with an intrigued look on her face, as if she is waiting for someone to answer her question. She shrugs before putting her hands back down.

"The choice is up to you, Aubrey. I just hope for your sakes that you make the correct one. If you're having trouble trying to decide, here's a little bit of free advice."

Eve looks around the room before turning back to the camera, whispering.

"All you have to do is bel-Eve in yourself!"

Eve winks at the camera.

"See you at Ascension, baby."

Taylor leans forward into the camera, puckering up as she plants a kiss onto the lens. She pulls back, leaving an outline of her lipstick on the lens.

"Hail Cerberus."

Eve fumbles with the camera for a second or two before the feed disconnects.

* STATIC *

"Are you're sure you're ready for this?"

Leon looked nervously at the girl, as she looked at the ground in front of her. She ignored Leon. She wasn't thinking about him right now.

"Aubrey? If you're not sure about this..."

She looked at him then, an even, level glare. Leon paused.

"You, ah, look pretty sure, I guess..."

"I am pretty sure."

Leon nodded.

"Okay then...they're all waiting for you."

The girl didn't spare him a second glance. She wasn't here for him.

She walked through a small hallway, past a curtain, and emerged onto a stage. There were dozens of reporters in the room waiting for her. The girl took the podium, then noticed Leon somewhat awkwardly following her. He gestured toward the podium, but she glared at him. He cleared his throat and leaned over her.

"Uh, thank you for coming ladies and gentlemen...Ms. Sloan has chosen to call this conference to address her upcoming title match. Um...Aubrey?"

Leon backed off and the girl took a deep breath.

"I..."
She looked out at the crowd. She hadn't fully thought about how hard this would be. Dozens of people staring at her...all expecting something of her. There was a part of her that wanted to go hide somewhere.

But that wasn't why she was here, either.

"I have had a lot of people asking me why I did what I did to Eve Taylor. Why I cost her a championship. Why I cared."

She paused.

"Why I cared."

"Why I would bother doing anything other than coming out for my next match. Why I would care enough to do more than show up, collect a paycheck and leave. Why I would even care about anything more than myself. Because that's what you people think of me. That I am a scared little girl who was flown over here to do nothing more than what I was told to do by the powers that be. That I'm a novelty act, a martial artist who can't hold a conversation without running away. That I was only here to take what was given and that I should be grateful for it."

The girl took a deep breath.

"All of those things you think about me...all of those things are true. I am scared. I was flown over here as an act. I wasn't here to be one of the regular players. How the hell could I be? I knew nothing. I knew no one. Everything about your culture and your people confuses me, moreso every day. I figure out one thing, ten more things come up. I run into insane people on the streets, and sometimes, I don't think it's so crazy to listen to them, because all of you, every day, seem just as crazy."

She looked out on the reporters as they scribbled down their notes.

"And in all of that, I made one friend. One friend. One person I thought I could trust. One person I thought I knew to be true. One person I thought was going to stay by my side. I thought - she'll teach me about this place. She'll teach me the culture here. She'll teach me the jokes I don't get. She'll be my tag team partner. I thought...I thought she would be like a sister to me. And instead? Instead she stabbed me in the back, she stabbed everyone in the back, and joined Cerberus, not even thinking about me. She never thought about me. That much is clear."

She steadied her nerves one last time.

"Eve, I was lost for a long time. I didn't know what to do without you. It was like coming here for the first time. But I figured out one thing about WZCW, about America, about all of it. I figured out that when you have a problem with someone, you don't have to sit around and be sad about it. You do something about it. You get into the ring, and you hurt them."

She felt her fists tighten.

"You hurt them like they hurt you. That's what I did last time, and that's what I'm going to do inside the steel cage. If I get lucky enough to take the Elite X title with me, that's great - I'll be happy to deny you something you want. But I'm concerned with making you feel what I did. Lost. Afraid. Scared."

"Eve Taylor, I...my name...I am Aubrey Sloan, and I'm going to make you hurt."

Stanford: Welcome back to this special edition of WZCW FluX, everybody! Just a few weeks removed from the biggest event in the history of WZCW, we can finally see a pattern emerging as everyone clamours to get themselves onto that main card and into the record books. I'm Mark Stanford and I'm joined by Frank Calhoun here in the FluX studio.

The camera cuts to a shot of Frank Calhoun as he peers up from his written notes behind a separate but equally impressive new-age desk. He gives a nod of acknowledgement as the camera turns back towards Stanford.

Stanford: Before the break we caught up with company owner Mr Banks on the preparations for Kingdom Come 6 and how the card was beginning to take shape. Let's just have a quick look back and see what the Chief had to say about it...

Mr Banks via phone call:

You know, Creatively, we haven't really did much around the Kingdom Come 6 card. I think the difference between this year and any of the other years that WZCW has been around, is that it has really taken it's fate into it's own hands. There are so many bubbling rivalries out there that Kingdom Come is going to make an absolutely explosive and wonderful climax. People have returned at the right time and everything seems to be coming together without anyone forcing it too much.

I mean, you only have to look at what is going on up and down the card. The Elite seem to growing in stature and finally making that move towards the upper echelons of the World Title picture. The Beard has returned to challenge Matt Tastic and so much more. From top to bottom, we are spoiled for choice. Everyone has something to prove and no one is going to be happy until they have accomplished that.

The camera cuts back to the two hosts at their desks.

Stanford: That was WZCW CEO Mr Banks only moments ago as we spoke to him about Kingdom Come 6. And Frank, I'd like to bring you in here. He briefly made mention of The Elite and their plans for Kingdom Come. For so long, it seemed as though all of the promises that Showtime, Constantine and Holmes made were hollow. But with Ty Burna on board, does it give The Elite a brand new lease of life. My question being are they now a legitimate threat to Matt Tastic, Mikey Stormrage and anyone else in the title picture?

Calhoun: Now? Let me tell you this, Stanford. The Elite have always and will always be a threat to anyone who stands against them. Ty Burna said it best this past Meltdown, their list of accomplishments and victories is simply unmatched in WZCW. They have transitioned a few times in their history but with Holmes, Constantine and Ty Burna now on board, a true direction of ambition is becoming abundantly clear.

Stanford: I have to agree with you on that one, Frank. I think, for too long, they struggled to find their own identity. Yes, they were “Elite” and yes they have a great resume but not always, when you put all of those factors together, do you get a great result. We seen, for months, how Showtime and Michael Winters tried and failed to win the Tag Team Championships form Young Justice, a team who worked so well together. Simply putting two people together does not give you chemistry or indeed results.

Frank nods his head in agreement as Stanford rolls on.

Stanford: That said, the one true success story of the Elite has been John Constantine. He returned on a huge wave of momentum, beating everyone and anyone in his path before getting into bed with The Elite. His capture of the Elite X Championship really brought his credentials into a whole new light I suppose. Without it, I have to ask, do you think The Elite would have been taken so seriously?

Calhoun: Credentials and accomplishments can always speak for themselves. But what makes The Elite so effective is how they conduct themselves behind the scenes. You can line anyone up against each other and compare their title history but all three of these guys are tremendously experienced to say the least. They have been doing this for years and, quite frankly, they know how to get what they want. Your question, as legitimate as it may be, is elementary. The Elite are master manipulators and would have found a way to achieve what they needed to do one way or another.

The camera switches again to a solo shot of Mark Stanford as he meets the camera.

Stanford: Well, after the break, we will be joined by the current Elite X Champion and we'll discuss everything from the Lethal Lottery to The Elite's future. Hope you can join us then...

As WZCW enters a new era...

A video of Matt Tastic lifting the World Heavyweight Championship at Lethal Lottery is shown.

A familiar force redefines itself...

Now, a video of The Elite is shown, all three men standing in the ring with their arms lifted victoriously above their heads.

Devastating...

Ty is shown delivering a Consecrated Banishment to Mikey Stormrage

Unforgiving...

Constantine is shown delivering an Axis Of Evil to Showtime Cougar.

Merciless...

All three members of the Elite are shown standing over the motionless body of Showtime Cougar.

This is just the beginning...

Stanford and Calhoun are shown once again as the glitzy theme video of WZCW FluX is shown. Both men seem to be quietly discussing something as John Constantine makes his way from the side of the set and sits himself beside Frank Calhoun as the music begins to face away.

Stanford: What's up, everybody! Thanks for coming back as Frank and myself welcome a very special guest to the studio.

The camera shoots over to Constantine as he gives a wry smile in response.

Stanford: He is the current Elite X Champion and a former King For A Day winner, More importantly, he is one third of the most devastating stable within WZCW – The Elite. A man, who really doesn't need any introduction. John Constantine, thanks for coming on.

Constantine: Hey, it's no problem Mark.

Stanford: This is, correct me if I am wrong, only the second time we have had the pleasure of your company Champ. And if memory serves me right, the last time was none other than our Lethal Lottery 5 back in 2005. Coincidentally, you were also Elite X Champion then too?

Constantine: I do make a habit of being successful, I guess.

Stanford: Oh, absolutely. But the similarities don't end there. You were a member of a three man stable until only days before our meeting and, perhaps more importantly, you had the World Heavyweight Championship and Showtime David Cougar in your cross-hairs. And I guess that's where I'd like to begin, champ.

Constantine gives an approving nod.

Stanford: Showtime and John Constantine have always been linked. Like strawberries and cream, you two have been utterly inseparable. You have warred, you have teamed up and now, it seems that you have finally ended the career of Showtime David Cougar, not least making good on your promise the last time you were here. Can you just talk me through how that came around?

Constantine shuffles in his seat uncomfortably.

Constantine: How it came around? All those months ago, when Showtime and I created The Elite, we set out with a goal of ridding WZCW of the absolute filth that had infested it. We set out with the mission to systematically take apart the corruption and rebuild the company around very selective principles – Elite principles if you will. Over the course of those few months, we recruited, we evaluated and we conquered. A true success story we had become.

Calhoun: So what happened?

Constantine: What happened, Frank, is that Showtime and Michael Winters became complacent. When we captured The Elite X Championship, they just assumed that the hard work was over. They thought that we had accomplished what we set out to do. But the hard work was only just beginning. What happened, was that Showtime Cougar and Michael Winters were not up to labelling themselves as Elite. Winters was the first one to go and it was only a matter of time until Showtime bit the bullet, too.

Stanford: But so quickly?

Constantine: Quickly?! My friend, this has been brewing since Lethal Lottery. The name “Elite” isn't just a meaningless tag that bands three people – it was an idea. It is an idea! When Showtime started to get embroiled in the antics of Matt Tastic and Mikey Stormrage, it was time to seriously re-evaluate what Showtime was bringing to the stable. Bringing Matt Tastic's grandfather to the ring and physically punting him was just about the last straw. Holmes and I just couldn't stand beside a man who was so obviously a paradox of what we had come to stand for. And when the opportunity to replace him with Ty Burna came along, it wasn't one that we could pass up.

Stanford: I guess that brings me very neatly onto my next point. With Ty Burna and you having such a tumultuous relationship in the past, what makes you think that your alliance wont go the same way as it did with Showtime?

Constantine: Showtime was weak! Micheal Winters was weaker! As it stands, Mark, I am the only remaining member of the original Elite stable. Do you have any idea why that is? It's because I am strong mentally. I have a will like iron and I will stop at nothing to make sure that the job I need to complete is finished. In Steven Holmes and Ty Burna, I have found two men who have similar traits. Ask yourself, have you ever seen Steven Holmes or Ty Burna bent to the whim of anyone? Seriously, think about it! These two gentlemen have everything that a member of The Elite should have. Make no mistake, gentlemen, this is the Elite that should have existed from the outset and my only promise now is that we will continue to get stronger on the road to Kingdom Come.

As Mark begins to talk, Frank cuts in before him.

Calhoun: Trip, I have to ask. How far can this go? Is the World Heavyweight Championship enough? What's left to do for three men who have literally done it all?

Constantine: A great question, Frank. In the short term, we will consolidate our position and continue to press home our growth. It is very important to keep what we have an not surrender any ground to those who wish to drive us apart – The Mikey Stormrage's and Matt Tastic's of this world. For that reason, it is absolutely imperative that I am able to beat Aubrey Stone and Eve Taylor for the Elite X Championship at Ascension. We simply cannot afford to weaken our position heading into Kingdom Come. I will not allow myself to be responsible for that.

Stanford quickly cuts in.

Stanford: Some have said that this match represents your biggest challenge as WZCW Elite X Champion. Lots is being said about the stipulation, too. A cage match by it's very nature will stop any outside interference by your stable mates. For perhaps the first time since you were crowned Champion, you are truly on your own.

Constantine: A cage match, Mark, by it's very nature is intended to keep people in. It doesn't matter to me what insane feud Eve Taylor and Aubrey Stone have got going on right now. What matters to me is that I leave Ascension with my Elite X Championship and I will do anything that ensures that I achieve my 5th Championship defence. Perhaps it may represent my biggest challenge on paper but the mechanics of a wrestling match can rarely be mirrored on a page. The fact of the matter is that, not only am I the most experienced superstar in the match, I am also the most dangerous... I am the only one with something to lose. I will not insult your intelligence by likening myself to an animal backed into a corner that strikes out. However, I will make note of one fact. The feud between Aubrey Stone and Eve Taylor has already come between each of them and success in the past. It is my only goal to ensure that it happens once again. For The Elite continue from a position of strength, I simply must be victorious. The creed of devastating, unforgiving and merciless must stand true. I need to win...

Stanford: I'm sure it's going to be a hell of a match, Champ. Good luck.

The camera pans back towards Stanford.

Stanford: After the break, Frank and I take your calls about anything WZCW related. Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back