MD 110: Daddy Mack vs. Derek Jacobs vs. Bruce Irwin-EA Qualifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're backstage and Angélique is with Daddy Mack and a trainer.

Daddy Mack: No, I'm not doing it.

AngéliqueBut dadee eet eez ze will of ze powers zat you get some, how you say, modern moves.

Daddy Mack: No way. My moves are me, yeah, my career. I respect you Angélique, you've taught this old dog new tricks but I'm out of here, yeah.

AngéliqueOh! Will you go to ze interview wiz ze Leon Kensworth later?

Daddy Mack: We'll have to wait and see.

* * *​

We're backstage and Leon Kensworth is with a visibly brow beaten and forlornDaddy Mack.

Leon: Please welcome my guest at this time, Daddy Mack.

So, Mack, I'm told you left your training session early, how are you feeling?

Daddy Mack: Well you know something, Leon, I'm tired. Tired. Dead Tired, yeah. Tired of being dragged into the future, yeah, tired of being told to be someone I'm not, yeah, and tired of it all.

Today I was asked to learn some modern moves, but what's the point when I'm effective now. The Mack Attack worked last week and it will continue to work forever. Well, maybe not forever, because the sun is setting on the empire of the Mack.

Leon: You're retiring!?

Daddy Mack: As long as I'm able to take on these whippersnappers, yeah, I'll not retire. But the fact remains that in all the time I've been wrestling on this planet, there is very little that I have not accomplished. But there's two things on my radar.

I have never wrestled Kingdom Come, but this year, Mack Pack, thy will be done and I will be there.

And secondly, even though I've won titles the world over, I have never won one right here in WZCW, and this is my best shot.

Leon: That sounds like you have a lot of intent.

Mack is getting more animated as he goes on.

Daddy Mack: Look, I've been around a long time. I won titles in Korea, before most of these guys had a career. I won titles in Brussels when most of these guys were still sprouting. I won titles in Bagdhad, when most of these guys were still in dad's bag. But the time comes when a man has to look in the mirror, yeah, and think can he still cut it?

I have the opportunity, yeah, to check the last two boxes that there are. If I can't check those boxes and have to cross them out, then I have to accept that I can't hang here, anymore, yeah.

So I'm laying down this gauntlet for myself, yeah. If I do not win my match at Kingdom Come, I will retire from active competition.

Leon: Wow, well you heard it here first folks, Daddy Mack will retire if he doesn't win at Kingdom Come. But before that, you must qualify for the Eurasian ladder match, how do you rate your opponents.

Daddy Mack: Two very different opponents for sure, but I think I'll cope. Jacobs is so big that he could reach that title without needing a ladder, so he'll be keen to win. But Mack always said the bigger they are, the harder they fall, and it will be so.

Meanwhile Bruce Irwin is new to these parts, but comes with a big reputation from Down Under, but he'll be Down under the Mack attack, yeah, and he'll be in that kangaroo puch hoopping his way back to Oz before you can say 'throw another shrimp on the barby', yeah.

And what you gonna do, Australia, when the Mack Pack Cuts the Slack.

Mack stares intently at the camera before it fades to black.

Backstage we have Bruce Iriwn and Stacey Maddison all set for an interview.

Bruce: G'day Sheila! How are you this fine humdinger of a day?

Stacey: The Sheila and the questioning. Sigh. I'm fine Bruce, but as it's an interview, I should be asking the questions. So three weeks into your WZCW adventure and you have the chance to go to Kingdom Come and win a belt. How does that feel?

Bruce: Crikey! How do you think it feels? It feels bloody amazing. You want to hear a story of what happened to me this week?

Stacey: Sure.

Bruce: I was given the rissole!

Stacey: Sorry?

Bruce looks a bit annoyed that the famed announcer Stacey Maddison doesn't know what given the rissole means.

Bruce: Let go from my job.

Stacey: You were fired? How can you be fired if you're stood here?

Bruce: Mate! I was waiting for my WZCW pay cheque to clear so I thought I'd get a job temporarily in a sports store. I was put on footwear and lasted a day!

Stacey: What happened?

Bruce: Mate! I was waiting for my WZCW pay cheque to clear so I thought I'd get a job temporarily in a sports store. I was put on footwear and lasted a day!

Stacey: What happened?

Bruce: Well I corrected my boss first day. You know that company Nike? Well Americans pronounce it Nike as in Nikeee where Aussies and Brits would go for Nike as in Ike with an N before it. Make sense?

Stacey: I think so.

Bruce: The boss said “Hey Bruce, I want that Nike to be moved over there”. It wasn't a Nike but a Reebok and so I picked up a genuine Nike and said “You call that a Nike? THIS is a Nike”!

Stacey: Haha just like in Crocodile Dundee?

Bruce: What?

Stacey: The movie!

Bruce: Never heard of it.

Stacey: OK, back onto your match. What about your opponents? You've already defeated Derek Jacobs.

Bruce: Yeah but Sheila, I was in the land of Oz when that happened. It was my first match. It was one on one. Everything was in my favour. This we're in a neutral territory, I've never even been to Greece before. Isn't that exciting? Plus you have to factor in the third person in the match. Daddy Mack himself!

Stacey: So what are your thoughts on Daddy Mack?

Bruce: Get me a time machine and take me back in time to when I was 10 and tell me I'd one day wrestle the great Daddy Mack! The guy's a legend. Did you know he's won titles all around the world? When he won a title in Australia they said he was a koala-ty wrestler and they were not wrong. Here look at this.

Irwin pulls out of his pocket a badge pin that has Daddy Mack's face on saying 'Mack Pack'.

Bruce: I mean it. The guy's a hero. It'll be an honour to step in the ring with him. If I could win, it'd be the greatest day of my life. If I don't? Well I know that the right man won. That's all I can really say isn't it?

Stacey: Thanks Bruce.

Camera fades to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo