Let The Boring Chants Begin....

logan_punisher

The-SLiM_Punisher
Raw after Summerslam was okay. Last weeks raw was... the SAME... last nights episode seemed okay but felt like I've seen Randy Orton standing tall over Bryan before. I understand what there doing. I understand why there doing it. Enough is enough. Daniel Bryan is awesome, but now its time we need someone to back him up. Someone who don't care about his contract situation, His marriage, or being fired for interference. Its all the same. Roster walks to stage. Beat up, Big Show can't do nothing, then rko, and then stand tall. Or beat up, Big Show knockout punch, and then stand tall. Where's the fat dude In the crowd that starts the "Boring" Chants when you need him? Oh and don't get me started on the beginning of raw. I rather watch Total Divas. (sarcasm). Not really. You need to show me something great. Not good. Not okay. This is a great storyline gone sour fast. I heard this storyline/feud is a couple months worth. If I wanted 2003. I would go to YouTube and watch 2003. Yes its not like 2003. But its getting boring like 2003! You want to excite the fans? B.S. same shit just a different Monday. Triple H speaks, pauses 20 seconds. Speaks, pauses 30 seconds and, speaks. I don't know if Triple H is hinting for Cmpunk to come do his promo or have Kevin Nash tear A hamstring lifting up him arm to cut his promo for him. Yes, I said arm. Anythings possible with Kevin Nash. Now let's say Stone Cold returns? Fantastic. I want to watch that era return because we didn't get a "Boring" Chant. I dont understand why we need Big Shows personal life aired on Television. I dont understand why you would air it. Its PERSONAL. I understand it is a part of a storyline, but if you want personal then lets get personal in this thread. Triple H will run this company one day. Cues the Boring chant. Vince McMahon will retire. Stephanie McMahon will still be Stephanie McMahon of the ****e era. Perfect fit for to BIG noses. Vince has a nose of a witch. Triple H will find out Stephanies cheating. With Hornswaggle. You think I'm crazy don't you guys. Well then here's even crazier. Mae Young >>>>>>> This Storyline gone sour.

I'm Logan_Punisher saying give your thoughts on my opinions. I know you now want to stay away because I have nice thoughts about Mae Young. I don't care. Where happy. I'm happy being the step dad to her Son.

My Opinion. Finished. Over.

This is more like Corporation/ Mick Foley storyline so more like 1999. They are doing the "gets knocked down but gets up again" angle with Daniel Bryan.

Whats the point of this thread btw?

I agree with the 'way WWE is ending' part of your rant. WWE needs to either find a new way to bring Bryan down rather than Sheild and Orton doing it each week and, they need Bryan to sneak in some personal victories every now and then against Orton/McMahons. If they keep the same story of everyone watching from the ramp while Bryan is beat down by the same group, it will get stale very fast. Mix it up some.

This is more like Corporation/ Mick Foley storyline so more like 1999. They are doing the "gets knocked down but gets up again" angle with Daniel Bryan.

Whats the point of this thread btw?

The point is pretty obviously that it is boring when every Raw and SmackDown end the same way.

When you count Summer Slam Daniel Bryan has been left destroyed at the end of 6 shows in a row. It is getting old.

It's people like you that never cease to amaze me. When WWE has an actual GOOD storyline...nah, make that GREAT, you complain about it cause it's "boring". Well I'm not bored. I'm entertained. I thought the last 3 RAW's were at least A- caliber, if not more than that. And here you are, griping like you think you're CM Punk. I love this storyline. I like how it's building up. You're probably just mad cause you hate drama. But this storyline...I mean, I for one didn't see Show knocking Bryan out. Hell, Rhodes getting fired was a major surprise.

I'm going to say something bold here.

These last 3 weeks of RAW are the best in at least 5 years. AT LEAST.

It's people like you that never cease to amaze me. When WWE has an actual GOOD storyline...nah, make that GREAT, you complain about it cause it's "boring". Well I'm not bored. I'm entertained. I thought the last 3 RAW's were at least A- caliber, if not more than that. And here you are, griping like you think you're CM Punk. I love this storyline. I like how it's building up. You're probably just mad cause you hate drama. But this storyline...I mean, I for one didn't see Show knocking Bryan out. Hell, Rhodes getting fired was a major surprise.

I'm going to say something bold here.

These last 3 weeks of RAW are the best in at least 5 years. AT LEAST.

That is the exact opposite of why it is boring. There is no drama. It is boring for the same reason that Super Cena is boring, every show ends the same way.

What is the point of Bryan getting obliterated at the end of every show? It isn't getting him more over. We already get that he is an underdog who isn't giving up.

my ONLY complaint with this story is Orton is involved. Not a big Orton fan. Find him very bland and lacking personality. I guess it makes sense teaming him up with HHH, to hide that...but I still can't put my biased against Orton aside.

Other than Orton being involved...this is a fantastic storyline and I am really looking forward to seeing how/when Daniel Bryan gets his 1st "stand tall" moment

I was talking about this to my wife last night, I like the story and all but the way it's being presented and how long it's taking to get off the ground is losing my interest. They need to find a way to add some kick to it, all we've gotten so far is a couple of handicap matches with Ziggler, Bryan, and Show with the shield and each show has ended the same way with Bryan being beat down by the shield and Orton.

While I do agree that it's time for Bryan to rally against them, this angle is by no means sour.

While I was reading through the OP, most of which is the general & nonsensical ramblings of a troll, I find myself wondering if he OP REALLY KNOWS why they're doing it, because I don't believe he does. Why have they shown Daniel Bryan getting beaten down? Why is Big Show in the position he's in where he's forced to do the bidding of management or be fired? There are two answers here.

Answer A - They're building sympathy for babyfaces. Daniel Bryan is already a sympathetic babyface because the "underdog" aspect has been played up with Bryan since his very first appearance on NXT 3.5 years ago. It works with Bryan partially because it's believable. He's all of 5'9" about 200-210 pounds and is wrestling against men, frequently, who are a good 6 to 12+ inches taller and anywhere from 50-200 pounds heavier than he is. But he fights on, he scraps & scratches and claws his way to the top despite the odds. People respond to it, they get behind it and they cheer for him. Now, put that same scrappy, passionate underdog against a power structure representing WWE management who want to hold him down. They verbally belittle him about everything from his height to his appearance while purposely ignoring the fact that he is an exceptional wrestler. It makes people rally behind him all the more and want to see him get his revenge. Building it up, making them want it, stimulate their emotions, even tease the fans in order to make them want to see Bryan avenge himself and then, when the time is right, give them what they want and they'll savor it all the more. It's like good sex where you take your time and build things up rather than skipping the foreplay and rushing to the end. As for Big Show, they used a real world aspect in this angle of portraying him as someone who has lost just about everything due to bad investments. A lot of people can relate to it because it's happened to them or, odds are, they know someone that it's happened to. Show is put in a spot where he has to choose between his own personal sense of morality and doing what's best for his family. Again, if that's something that you can't relate to or imaging yourself relating to it, then you have to be one stone hearted, sociopathic son of a bitch.

Answer B - One reason why the beatings have gone on and why Big Show has been put in a compromising position is to generate lasting heat for the heels. In every storyline, you have to have good guys and bad guys; someone you want to see win and someone you want to see lose. Ever since Triple H screwed Daniel Bryan out of the WWE Championship and has joined Vince & Stephanie in belittling everything from his looks to his in-ring ability, while The Shield has aligned with this corporate structure and beaten down Daniel Bryan repeatedly, while Randy Orton has engaged in these same beatings & insults against someone that's "normal" and is more easily identified with; they've generated major heat for themselves. Every babyface who has been targeted thus far has benefitted from it significantly. Big Show has gotten, quite possibly, the best babyface response of his career as part of this angle. Fans have also rallied behind The Miz, Dolph Ziggler and, the latest, Cody Rhodes. Cody Rhodes got the best response of his entire career last night and will be a much bigger star upon his return than he was before he left. The heels in this angle are so over and are generating so much heat that fans are rallying behind any babyface who gets targeted by them.

Now while YOU might find the angle boring, everybody's entitled to their opinion after all, the VAST majority of fans don't seem to share that sentiment. All the proof you need of that is to listen to the responses Bryan, Show, Ziggler, Miz & Rhodes have gotten over the past several weeks. With next week's Raw being the go home Raw to Night of Champions, people expect Bryan and the other babyfaces to score some payback.

i understand what your saying. so far its been a good built but if the next two raws end the same way then it will be too redundant. they need to give bryan a "win". let him attack orton from behind after an orton v random person match. when HHH and the shield come out have bryan run through the crowd. give him something. he has not touched orton yet. sure me messed up his car but he has not gotten the physical upper had at all. he needs to put a kink in the armor.

The reason I said sour was because my taste is something that isn't the same. There's some great things they could do but there to repetitive on beating Bryan up and that's it. Does anyone think Bryan could pull out the surprise win over Ortom at Night Of Champions? I sure as hell don't. Shield helps Orton win. Then I have no interest in Raw the next night.

I have been watching WWE for over 30 years now, and have seen almost every angle that you can imagine. This is a new version of the Corporation, Now I am not saying its a bad thing. However I also am not saying its a good thing either!! Yes they are making this a little different but not really, Whats next Kane joins them and you have a new version of the Corporate Ministry?? Seriously if this story line stays with them destroying and embarrassing the faces to make the heels looks strong. I AM GOING TO STOP WATCHING, This is not entertainment and its not whats best for business!!!

I'd like to know more about the nature of logan_punisher's relationship with Mae Young, as that's the most interesting part of his diatribe. The rest was entirely expected. Frankly a guy who claims to have gotten with Mae Young shouldn't be complaining about anything being sour after that. I knew that gripes like these were coming the second I heard/read what people were saying after SummerSlam, though. Some people had unrealistic expectations; others were just going to whine regardless.

Jack-Hammer is on point, and really, anybody with at least one functioning eye and a thimble of sense should be able to identify what's happening here. This is all in building the characters. Even if WWE were doing a more concise job of building this feud, individuals from our demographic would bitch about it. Instead of "this is boring" it would be, "they should have saved _____ for PPV" or "Bryan is too small to ______. It's unrealistic!". There's nothing to see here; just another day in the IWC. I mean, for fuck's sake, you'd think that just having something other than the same John Cena feuds and promos would be cause for celebration.

As far as I'm concerned, this story arc (and the last few episodes of Raw as wholes) has been entertaining. And make no mistake, a guy like me could really tear it to pieces; but I've been watching this nonsense long enough to know that this is what pro wrestling is. If you find it boring- sucks for you. Change the channel. Get a hobby. Jerk off and go to bed 3 hours earlier than you normally do. WWE is redundant and heavy-handed because they're playing to all audiences and trying to solidify numerous characters. It's a juggling act that's easier said than done. Instead of having ADHD or trying to outsmart the room, just watch the show and take a breather from moaning until Cena gets back.

If you want boring and redundant every week then go watch TNA. What really amazes me is Fans want these long drawn out Storylines and then when we get one again like now its still not good enough.

Its called building up the Faces and giving people a reason to care. Isn't that what Wrestling is about? Making us as Fans care about these Characters we see on TV every week. You can't have the Heels be destroyed 3 weeks after the fact and whats the payoff? If Austin had gotten his revenge on Vince right away then that Feud would have ended sooner than it did. BE PATIENT!

I'm going to stick to watching. I'm not giving up on this getting better. It can but not beating it down like John Cenas character. Or Tnas use of Sting. Obviously you all have opinions and I have mine. I'm not going to change the channel because wrestling is and always will be wrestling

Some people can never be pleased. The main event scene as changed around, there's a solid storyline involved, many differen't stars involved...BUT people still complain. I personally love the angle, but people have different tastes. So here's a hint, don't watch it? :shrug:

Some people say quit whining, the main event scene has changed. REALLY, because I bet if you took a look back at the past 5 years you would see that Randy Orton is in at least 60-75% of the title picture. Kinda tired of him just like Cena, Edge and Batista oh I almost forgot Jeff Hardy. So please tell me whats different? ADR as the WHC and Daniel Bryant as the challenger that they will not let win. Sorry been there seen that!!!!

Threads like this make me feel old, the angle has only been going 3 weeks, it's like the first act of a movie, you build the threat and menace of the bad guys so that the pay-off is satisfying.

This is how wrestling used to be booked pre-Attitude Era and the crash TV style, and it's personally how I like it. WWE finally have the old dynamic back where the heels are actually hated and the faces are actually cheered.

This angle is like a tree, it's not just Bryan and Orton that are benefiting, but Show is in the best role he's had in years, Ziggler and Miz are primed to get involved, Cody Rhodes will come back more over than he's ever been and The Shield are back in focus as the hired guns of Triple H.

If every show is still ending this way in a months time then I'd agree that it would be getting boring, but I think the fight back will happen in earnest after Night of Champions with both sides starting to split victories in the overall war.

You guys all seem convinced that Daniel Bryan will eventually come out on top in the whole feud. I think one of the reasons that having him get beaten senseless at the end of every show bothers me is that I'm not at all convinced that they'll have him standing tall in the end.

As I've said before I have a bad feeling that they'll have the corporation's reign of terror last until Super Cena comes back to save the day.

You guys all seem convinced that Daniel Bryan will eventually come out on top in the whole feud. I think one of the reasons that having him get beaten senseless at the end of every show bothers me is that I'm not at all convinced that they'll have him standing tall in the end.

As I've said before I have a bad feeling that they'll have the corporation's reign of terror last until Super Cena comes back to save the day.

Either way, the guy is in a better postion then he was a year ago. You don't need the WWE title to be over. Yes it would be good to see him as champion, and in my opinion he will be. Nothing but good can come from this, either way.

I'd like to know more about the nature of logan_punisher's relationship with Mae Young, as that's the most interesting part of his diatribe. The rest was entirely expected. Frankly a guy who claims to have gotten with Mae Young shouldn't be complaining about anything being sour after that. I knew that gripes like these were coming the second I heard/read what people were saying after SummerSlam, though. Some people had unrealistic expectations; others were just going to whine regardless.

Jack-Hammer is on point, and really, anybody with at least one functioning eye and a thimble of sense should be able to identify what's happening here. This is all in building the characters. Even if WWE were doing a more concise job of building this feud, individuals from our demographic would bitch about it. Instead of "this is boring" it would be, "they should have saved _____ for PPV" or "Bryan is too small to ______. It's unrealistic!". There's nothing to see here; just another day in the IWC. I mean, for fuck's sake, you'd think that just having something other than the same John Cena feuds and promos would be cause for celebration.

As far as I'm concerned, this story arc (and the last few episodes of Raw as wholes) has been entertaining. And make no mistake, a guy like me could really tear it to pieces; but I've been watching this nonsense long enough to know that this is what pro wrestling is. If you find it boring- sucks for you. Change the channel. Get a hobby. Jerk off and go to bed 3 hours earlier than you normally do. WWE is redundant and heavy-handed because they're playing to all audiences and trying to solidify numerous characters. It's a juggling act that's easier said than done. Instead of having ADHD or trying to outsmart the room, just watch the show and take a breather from moaning until Cena gets back.

You know, they say that opinions are like assholes: And you sir are certainly an opinion.

I kind of see both sides of this argument. It is frustrating at times that they keep repeating angles and storylines, especially when they use the same people (HHH and Orton). people are comparing this to the Corporation, and I can see that, but it's more like Evolution: Next Generation. Although the shield do dress like a new version of the swat team bossman that he started with on his return to wwe in the later part of the 90's where he was a prison guard in his first run, then a police officer to counter the mountie.

It does get tiring to see the face ending up beaten down at the end of each show, but really, it hasn't been that long now. The difference is that it has been compressed in time frame of dates, but same number of shows as these things used to be shown. Since they have basically abandoned the brand split, the actions been happening on both raw and smackdown, and that has made it seem longer since you are seeing it 2x a week. Add in main event and mentions on nxt, and then sat morning slam and it's thrown in you face more now then ever.
If they would limit at least this storyline to just one show a week, it could feel much more refreshing and exciting, but then since we are seeing so many segments circling this story it makes it go sour even faster.
On the other hand, even at the worst of the Corporation and the Ministry and so on, the faces would occasionally get theirs and give it to the heel. sure, they might get jumped after a while, or have to run to avoid getting ganged up on, but they would get some shots in.
The Bryan situation though has been totally one sided and that's where the boring and frustration keeps coming in. As some have mentioned, Bryan needs some kind of win. Some kind of, even if temporarily, revenge/retaliation on a physical level. A sneak attack against one member of shield, or Orton in the back. Something to somewhat even the odds or balance the scale. Then it will be interesting as right now, with the mcmahons and hhh against him and them working through Orton, Shield, and Ryback, well there's no drama, no believable way for bryan to win or even survive the feud. Because as it has been, it is boring and repetitive. Honestly, I was able to watch the last couple of weeks for the first time in months, and I couldn't watch it. It's been that bad. Not just the Bryan thing but all of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back