John Morrison Calls the WWE Main Event Scene Boring?

Razor

crafts entire Worlds out of Words
During a live chat interview on the Arizona Republic website, WWE star John Morrison had the following to say concerning the current main event picture in WWE: "Who's champion now? Cena? Ugh. Boring. Yeah, I think my time is coming. I'm rounding the corner right now in the main event parking garage, where all the spots have been taken for a really long time. I think some of the cars in the main event parking lot are about to be ticketed and towed after WrestleMania. There should be some spots available."

The Front Page Might Be Right This Time Guys

1) For this thread I'm assuming that the Main Page is actually correct for once. They're wrong more times than they're right, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt for this time only.

Now, what the fuck is with Morrison saying this? Cena boring? The main event boring? They go out there to pay his pay checks while he stays not over with the crowd. This would be like Shelton Benjamin saying "Oh yeah, fuck Triple H. He sells tickets while I make you guys go to sleep. If he weren't there, I would be and I would be forcing WWE into 1000 person stadiums."

Cena pays Morrison's paycheck. He sells out arenas (sure, with the help of Triple H, HBK (if he's any help....proven no draw), McMahon, Hart, Batista, the like). That arena attendance is what pays Morrison's paycheck. That arena attendance draws fans that can see Morrison and give him yet another reason not to make them care about him. That arena attendance translates to PPV sells, giving Morrison even more chances to get over.

And yet, Morrison isn't. He's currently using R-Truth to leech reactions from their tag team. Sure, Morrison is good in the ring when he doesn't look like a fucking ripped ballerina. But he has no room to be speaking this way of the main event scene.

Also, boring? Cena/Batista is the most hyped match in Wrestlemania, and one that I am most excited for. Hart/McMahon, HBK/Taker ( :undertaker2: ), and Edge Jericho have built the PPV enough to give Triple H/Sheamus and the MITB match enough to hide behind. You know, so that younger stars like Morrison get yet another chance to be in front of the crowd.

Or, you know, I'm going to go to my father and say "Fuck you dad for making all of the money you do. If you didn't, I could be out making that same money. Because even though I don't have the same amount of talent and skill as you do, and not as many people care about me, I would totally do as well as you."

Is Morrison right? Or is he dead wrong? Stake your claim.

I think you're taking it the wrong way. He called the main event scene boring, and surely he's perfectly at liberty to do so because he's entitled to his opinion. Right? Are people only allowed consider the WWE main event scene boring if they're not employed by the WWE? I think you're having the wrong reaction to it, Razor. If John Morrison had said the current main event scene doesn't draw or make money, then your reaction would be spot on. But him saying it's boring is nothing to get so worked up about.

As for my view on what he said, he's right to an extent. He said John Cena as champion is boring, which is stupid. I think it's got nothing to do with the champion that makes the shows boring. It's about the competition. We could be getting new first time world champions every few months, but that doesn't automatically mean it's exciting. Especially if those wrestlers are shit. It comes down to the programmes the wrestlers are in. You can't have the same main eventers for a decade, but you can't have new ones constantly coming in either. You need a mix. He's saying the fact that we're seeing Cena as champion again is boring. I disagree, because we're seeing him in a feud that's relatively fresh. Yes, the whole Orton/Cena/Triple H thing last year was boring cause pretty much the same thing happened in 2007 and 2008. Call a main event scene boring if you want, but I think it's silly to call someone boring as a champion. A champion is only exciting as the bookers make him.

First thing I gotta ask is if was maybe speaking in character. He's been on TV on character quite often. He may be sticking to that routine. If he isn't then I'll say that he's either speaking out of his ass of someone is giving him ideas backstage. There's no doubt he'll make it to the "VIP Parking" someday. He's been working hard for it. But that doesn't really give him permission to claim his "superiors" are boring (even if its true).

At the most, he's probably in character. He does that a lot nowadays with The Miz.

If Morrison was staying in character, which nobody knows if he was or wasn't, then it could be just a tiny teaser of what's to come. Maybe we could be looking at the infancy of a John Morrison/John Cena feud. After all, the WWE Draft is coming up soon and Morrison might well find himself on Raw.

John Morrison is right. The main event scene for the most part is boring. HHH, Cena, Orton, Batista, Undertaker, Edge all in it all the time. Jericho and HBK getting in the mix is nice. The Sheamus reign was kinda eh, but still a nice change of scenery. Sure the Cena/Batista feud is actually looking good, but for the most part it's all these guys going back and forth.

I'm not necessary bored with it, but some new faces to be plugged in at the smaller ppvs ( Kingston, MVP, Matt Hardy, Christian, Shelton, and Morrison) and not just in an elimination chamber match! The older guys are really begin to show their wear and tear and the time is now to inject some, no a lot of new blood into the picture.

I think Killjoy and Jack-Hammer nailed this one. It was John Morrison giving the interview, not John Hennigan. This is a tease of a possible Morrison main event push, perhaps sometime this summer. Don't read too much into it. It was Morrison keeping kayfabe.

The idea is "the main event is boring....because I am not in it".

IMO the WWE is preparing him for his WrestleMania heel turn. Seriously, no one else sees it coming from a mile away? JoMo turns on R-Truth for instant heat and then goes on to bigger and better things than teaming with the worst one-trick pony (yes, WORST) of the WWE, R-Truth.

This is just another step in that direction, is what I believe.

IMO the WWE is preparing him for his WrestleMania heel turn. Seriously, no one else sees it coming from a mile away? JoMo turns on R-Truth for instant heat and then goes on to bigger and better things than teaming with the worst one-trick pony (yes, WORST) of the WWE, R-Truth.

This is just another step in that direction, is what I believe.

I think I agree with you on this. I never thought about another heel turn for him. He's been a face for a while now and has established himself as a awesome talent just waiting for the right time to break through to the upper main event scene and what better way to do it, than go after John Cena. Even if Cena doesn't have the title, it would still be a feud to propel Morrison into the Stratosphere. Nice thinking man.

As for his comment, yeah people don't read anything into it, because he's more than likely hinting at things to come, also he is kind of right to an extent, yes this WM looks to be exciting as all hell, but most are matches we have seen before, except HHH vs. Sheamus.

Cena's 2007 reign was actually pretty good despite how long it was. He often wrestled guys he'd never faced before, and they were having their first WWE title shots at the time as well.

He beat HBK, then Orton/Edge/HBK, then Khali a couple of times, then King Booker, Orton, Foley, and Lashley, then Lashley one on one, and then he got hurt, and dropped the belt to Orton. (ok so Orton's name crops up a lot there, but still there's quite a bit of variance in Cena's opponents)

The following 2 years it was HHH, Orton and Cena non-stop and it just boring. The same three guys passing the belt around repeatedly. Thank God jericho got a reign in otherwise 2008/9 would have been terrible years for the Raw World title scene.

But yeah, maybe this was a kayfabe interview, but if it wasn't then JoMo must realise that if they were considering giving him a ME push, they probably aren't going to now, because he had to go and trash Cena in his response.

Plus it's going to take more than pretty flips and stiff kicks to be considered worthy of a ME position. Just ask Jeff Hardy. He used that method for 10 years and finally became a ME'er in the final 2, purely because the younger fans loved him so much (a la Mysterio), and i don't see JoMo high fiving a lot of kids down the ramp, or much interaction with the fans at all other than his signature posing, so this guaranteed ME spot he's talking about doesn't seem so certain to me.

But then again, both HBK and Taker will be gone from TV for several months, which means that some other guys are going to have to step up and fill the void left by the legends, and looking at Smackdown, JoMo probably would be one of the guys they tried to use in that time frame. Whether he'll stay in that position when the veterans come back, remains to be seen.

I would definately have to say he was in character at the time. Considering how Vince treats people that don't play by his rules I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to publicly criticize the state of the WWE, especially not someone that has put in their time like Morrison.

Like some others, I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't have a heel turn coming. Maybe on Smackdown soon with the aftermath of he and R-Truth's quick defeat at WM26.

In the ring he is very good (though, if he keeps doing Starship Pain he really needs to position the foes further from the corner so he doesn't keep overshooting it) but I just don't think he connects as a face character. He should be the arrogant, look at me, "I am God's gift to the world" type of character.

If John Morrison was serious with this, then we will see him jobbing to a lot of hope-fulls. Vince McMahon does not take kindly to words like those. John Cena, some may like it or not, is the main man in WWE as of right now. To legitimately say something like that will take Shaman of Sexy out of the title picture. Remember CM Punk/Taker?

But I don't think it's real. He could be doing this kayfabe to hype up a possible heel turn and set him up for a push. He would be a complete idiot for voicing his opinion if he means it; considering McMahon has downgraded talent for far less.

Is he joking, does he want to be fucking buried by mcmahon, what a jealous, whining little bitch.
Creative are atleast trying to shake things up with Sheamus becoming champion, and swagger winning MITB. he is just jealous that he isn't in the main event, and once Vinnie finds out, he will never be in it.

1) I understand that John Morrison may be getting himself in hot water if this isn't a work and he is shooting about this...but

2) He is right on with the Main Event scene being boring. How many times are we going to see the same guys (mainly on raw) with the belt or competing for the belt. HHH,Orton,Cena,Batista,Edge,Jericho,Undertaker...it is great that they may notice this a little bit and try to get Sheamus or Swagger some main event time BUT it always comes back to those main guys. And I would argue that most of them don't even need the belt to have their matches be important. The main event scene needs new blood and not just a few short run champs now and again but a lot of new blood permanetly.

the main event is kind of boring i mean it goes back and forth between the same couple of ppl ever couple of weeks and cena has it most of the year i wish it woud go back to the days of the attuide era now that was good wrestling

Please can all of you go and watch one of the recent episodes of South Park entitled 'The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs.' That's an episode which mocks all the people who read something and then sees lots of hidden messages and reads far too much into it.

For those of you who haven't heard this story until now, here it is, as it appeared on WZ.

During a live chat interview on the Arizona Republic website, WWE star John Morrison had the following to say concerning the current main event picture in WWE: "Who's champion now? Cena? Ugh. Boring. Yeah, I think my time is coming. I'm rounding the corner right now in the main event parking garage, where all the spots have been taken for a really long time. I think some of the cars in the main event parking lot are about to be ticketed and towed after WrestleMania. There should be some spots available."

Notice that he didn't elaborate, he moved straight onto the topic of himself. This is a man who refers to himself as the shaman of sexy. The Thursday night delight. Sure, he's getting face pops now but these names have been carried with him through from his heel days on ECW. The character remains the same. He is vain and is concerned only about himself. So of course, a vain person is going to consider Cena being champion again, because it's not him.

This is an article for the Arizona republic website. I'm not familar so I've just had a quick look and by doing so, I've discovered that he took part in a web-chat question and answers session. Who does that attract? Little kids who think this stuff is real. They're gonna buy lines like that hook, line and sinker. The Arizona Republic website, as far as I can tell, isn't a wrestling shoot hotspot. Why is everyone buying into this. I've smelt the heel turn on the horizon since he teamed up with Truth. One of them will turn and this is the surest sign so far that it will be Morrison.

Yeah, I call kayfabe on that one.

Morrison probably knows that if he shoots on the WWE, and puts the top workers, he ends up in a bad spot. I just see it as him planting seeds of a heel turn, and the turn will stem from that: He's calling the main event scene boring, and he wants a shot. Sort of what Miz did at the beginning. Or, this can all blow up in our collective faces, and he remains a face if he gets drafted to RAW.

I Think That john morrison was a much better heel and he was soo much beter with Miz who is showing that bad guys can be better...
think..
Sinc Splitting morrison had; intercontinel title
miz had; usa title, tag team chap x2, world tag champ x2
http://1.2.3.12/bmi/forums.wrestlezone.com/images/smilies/lol.gif
come on he could be unified tag champ again and headline summerslam...

or

he could go singles heeland make a storyline about it beating every main eventer (cena,hhh,orton,big show,swagger,edge,undertaker) This Will Get Good Ratings...

and if your not down with that then i got 2 words ffor ya
Swagger Rules!!

HAHAH..I actually "LOL"d after from reading this interview John Morrison did!!
Sometimes i believe this guy has no idea what hes talking about..but i kinda do agree with him on sort of a level--The Main Event scene was boring before when the same old guys were taking over and still filling out arenas!!But right now..im actually quite enjoying it!!With Orton sort of a Tweener and Jack Swagger as the WH Champion,the Main Event scene is sort of getting interesting--also with Sheamus in it as well xDBut i would have to agree with Blade:

I think you're taking it the wrong way. He called the main event scene boring, and surely he's perfectly at liberty to do so because he's entitled to his opinion. Right? Are people only allowed consider the WWE main event scene boring if they're not employed by the WWE? I think you're having the wrong reaction to it, Razor. If John Morrison had said the current main event scene doesn't draw or make money, then your reaction would be spot on. But him saying it's boring is nothing to get so worked up about.

Everyone in this world has got their own opinions and own expressions on such things--and i think that John morrison might of just been expressing on how much he feels about the Main Event scene and all the Champions xD

JoMo is right. The main event has been the same guys fighting the same people for a long time now. And alot of those "cars" need to be towed so new ones can come in. Nobody likes the same stuff over and over again.

And....the IWC got worked.

Statements like that are completely within John Morrison's character. I think that most WWE guys, when on TV or radio, try to keep a measure of kayfabe (with the exception of Jericho, who is so insanely likable that his character could rape John Cena and he'd still be an anticipated guest on VH1). Morrison was doing nothing more that putting himself over, which is what he is supposed to do.

He has two wins over the current-at-the-time champion, a solid performance in the EC, and is always involved in interesting subplots. He is part of the main event. He may wrestle in the uppermidcard, but most astute fans would recognize him as, at the very least, on the cusp of the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back