Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild - Heart Containers Or Stamina Vessels?

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Here is a question for all the Zelda fans who have been enjoying the great new Zelda game, Breath Of The Wild. I really like the game a lot although it did take some adjusting since it's very different from the other games in the series. One of the new features in the game is what this thread is about. As you clear the lengthy list of shrines in the game you earn Spirit Orbs. You can then exchange 4 of these at goddess Statues to increase either your total number of Hearts or your Stamina wheel's length.

Heart Containers

64px-BotW_Heart_Container_Icon.png

Who doesn't love Heart Containers? Collecting them has been a popular side-quest for the completionists ever since the very first Zelda game on the NES. A Zelda title never feels fully complete until you get that full set of hearts.... However, Breath Of The Wild also gave us a new shiny collectible alongside the Heart Containers....

Stamina Vessels

50px-BotW_Stamina_Vessel_Icon.png

These green shiny vessels add an additional portion to your stamina wheel. This means you instantly become better at climbing/swimming and can glide longer. While being able to perform actions with more proficiency is certainly helpful, the game makes you decide if you want to become more proficient OR having more hearts each time you exchange 4 Spirit Orbs.

Luckily, there is the option of visiting the Horned Statue in Hateno Village if you want to adjust your allocation of Hearts/Stamina, for a price. To further make the situation better you can get a significant boost to both Hearts and Stamina after clearing a ton of shrines. I like that the game implemented the system in a way that you can pick your direction of development. Which brings me to the discussion question for this thread.

Do you prefer to focus more on Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels or a mixture of both, and why? Do you max one out earlier on, if so which one and why?

Let me know your thoughts. Feel free to also discuss anything else pertaining to Breath Of The Wild but please stay on topic by addressing the Heart Containers and Stamina Vessels. No spamming.

Discuss! :)

In my newly started Master Mode gameplay, I obtained 13 hearts as quickly as I could, then obtained the Master Sword. After this, I went to the horned statue and traded in my 10 upgrades in order to max out my stamina wheel.
Personally, I find them equally important, but I wanted to get my stamina maxed out early, as I find it easier to find "hearty" items rather than "enduring" so I can always eat for extra hearts when I find it necessary.
Additionally, with my maxed out stamina wheel as well as my 2* Zora armor set and climbing gear set, I can get to virtually anywhere on the map with ease, which is a nice plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back