Latest Richards & Edwards News

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Over the course of the past month or so, the biggest talk on the indie scene revolves around the POSSIBILITY of top ROH stars Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards signing a developmental deal with WWE. Last I heard, the two of them haven't signed as of yet, though they've appeared on NXT during its latest TV tapings.

Over the weekend, there's apparently been a major breakdown between Richards and ROH. Richards is no longer going to be part of the ROH Final Battle. The main page, and other sites, have a report citing allegations of unprofessionalism and unreliability on the part of Richards. The report on the main page states that, according to sources, most of ROH feels that Richards is a habitual, pathological liar. A source told WZ "Davey Richards lied about quitting wrestling a million times. He's burned bridges in Japan because he's a liar. He lied to New Japan about being in a car wreck. He lied to [Pro Wrestling] Noah about a neck injury."

Things with ROH broke down even further due to an interview Richards gave to Total Wrestling, which is a wrestling publication out of the United Kingdom, in which he's said to have bad mouthed the company. Richards retracted his comments not long after that. The story on the main page quotes another source saying, "It's the only time he was honest. He really thinks badly of ROH, never wanted to lose to Steen and none of the boys like him. His locker room speech [his apology for the negative interview comments] was a joke because he said he doesn't lie, but that was a lie." Allegedly, ROH tried to cover up for Richards as to why he wasn't appearing at Final Battle, but the interview was said to be a factor motivating this about face.

I'm of two minds about this. I'm no expert on Richards or anything, but I get the feeling that there's a lot of truth behind the locker room disliking Richards. Whether it's justified or not is anybody's guess. At the same time, I do find it suspiciously convenient that all this negative talk comes out of both sides now that Richards has officially severed ties with ROH. I haven't read anything containing details of Richards' interview with Total Wrestling, so I dunno what he said to bury ROH. I guess it's just the hypocrisy of the business rearing its head. Working for ROH made Richards one of the biggest stars on the indie circuit, so a little professional courtesy & gratitude isn't much to ask for. At the same time, it didn't seem ROH minded that Richards is a "habitual, pathological liar" or that the locker room hated his guts as long as he was under contract with them.

As far as Eddie Edwards, it's said that he'll be missed in the ROH locker room as he's said to be well liked. Edwards is slated to still be part of ROH Final Battle and will team up with a "mystery partner" at the event. Based on all this, I'd say there's a good chance that WWE has offered Richards a deal, has indicated that a deal will be offered or that they're in final negotiations for a deal. I don't think Richards would burn bridges with the company that helped make him one of the top guys on the indie scene unless he felt extremely secure. As far as Edwards goes, it's hard to say. He can always return to ROH if WWE passes on him. Maybe he's as close as Richards is in signing a deal with WWE and is merely showing himself to be a class act by not doing or saying anything to proverbially throw ROH under the buss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back