Lance Cade Has Passed Away

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Really no details at this time, but really sad news...

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/49933/former-wwe-star-lance-cade-mcnaught-passes-away.html?p=1

I am extremely sad to confirm that Lance McNaught, who was one of Shawn Michaels' first wrestling students and worked for WWE under the ring name Lance Cade, has passed away at the age of only 29 years old. We are still working on further details at this time.

On behalf of everyone associated with PWInsider.com, I'd like to express our deepest condolences to Lance's family and friends at this time.

This guy had so much potential, and had some great opportunities, and never was really able to capitalize on it. Some of his best work though was in tag teams with Mark Jindrak and Trevor Murdoch. The split with Trevor Murdoch might have been some of his best work. But still, he had such a huge opportunity to really shine with Chris Jericho back when he was his enforcer, and there was even that time he took out John Cena and Shawn Michaels and looked like a monster doing so.

He was released after having a seizure on an airplane. The circumstances surrounding that were very cloudy, but one can probably deduce what happened there. He was then given a second chance in FCW not too long ago, but released.

Really unexpected and really sad.

RIP.

Well, damn. I really hope this is related to whatever caused his seizure that one time and not an overdose or something related to drugs, like we hear about all too often in this business.

Seems like it's never more than a few months between wrestler deaths, but it still sucks to see. Especially when it's guys who actually could've been really good and made big names for themselves. I only started watching WWE during the twilight of Cade's WWE career, but by all accounts that I've seen, he was a pretty good wrestler and had a pretty good thing going in his tag team with Trevor Murdoch.

I enjoyed his short association with Jericho during the Shawn Michaels feud in 08 and was sad to see him released. He was brought back about a year ago, I think, but never made it back up to the main roster.

Like I said though, I only hope that his death is something that he couldn't control, as opposed to yet another drug related death, which sadly, is the first thing that comes to mind when I hear about another young wrestler's passing.

I've just recently checked out his work from the indies and when he was younger. Fuckin' tragic since I was considering following his work.

He died on Friday the 13th, thats scary man. God bless him, at least he was living his dream. I wonder how he died, maybe it was another seisure. Anyway, it's another tragic lose in the world of wrestling, this is starting to happen way to often

Wow, this really devastates me. I am a huge supporter and fan of him, and was always hoping he would eventually make it back to WWE or even to TNA.

It may have been related to the painkiller incident but regardless of whether it was or wasn't, this is horrible news. RIP Lance

Very shocking to say the least. Nobody deserves to lose their life before even reaching 30. Sadly, it's become a lot more common, it seems, nowadays, for young wrestlers to lose their lives either during their career or just after retiring. I wasn't a great fan of the guy but you just can't help but feel bad for his family. Hopefully it wasn't something drug-related, as he had his problems, but that's what I suspect right now. RIP Lance, hopefully your family can recover from something such as devastating as this.

I fucking hate reading about wrestlers dying at young ages, but at least in most cases they are in their forties or fifties – this is just tragic.

Cade didn't have much to offer the wrestling world, but he was a performer nonetheless, and no man deserves to die this young.

RIP, Lance.

Sad thing to hear. I enjoyed some of his work in 2008 with Chris Jericho, I liked his involvement in the Jericho - Shawn Michaels feud, and I think it's a shame anybody this young has to pass away. Like a few others I'm sure, I wonder what in the world went wrong. No matter what, it's a sad thing.

May he rest in peace.

It's extremely sad to hear, especially since he was only 29 years old.
Anyone who has read Bret Hart's Biography knows that wrestlers die in groups of threes.
First Umaga, then Chris Kanyon, and now Lance Cade.
But I'm hoping his cause of death wasn't drug abuse, that's happened enough

A shame. He was so young. I never saw money in Cade, but his tag team work was solid and I felt he could have been a good mid-carder in the vein of Arn Anderson or Bobby Eaton. The bad thing is that you know the Democrats are going to use this to bludgeon Linda on the campaign trail. They will exploit this guy's death for political gain. It's sickening.

Politics aside, I enjoyed watching him wrestle. I hope he finds peace with the Lord. RIP Lance.

WOW my condolences go to his family. I mean he was one hell of a wrestler and I always liked his ring work especially int the angle with Chris Jericho. I too hope his death was not of drugs cause so many die now because of that.
R.I.P Lance

He was a great tag team wrestler, and a good worker, nontheless. It's sad... 29 years old...

He still had a future in the industry. It's a shame.

R.I.P Lance McNaught

He died to heart failure apperantly. His potential as a wrestler was never fully reached because of that plane incident. I found Cade entertaining as Jerichos sidekick but never cared for him that much , nonetheless it is very sad to read the passing of a young performer.

Rest in Peace.

It's extremely sad to hear, especially since he was only 29 years old.
Anyone who has read Bret Hart's Biography knows that wrestlers die in groups of threes.
First Umaga, then Chris Kanyon, and now Lance Cade.
But I'm hoping his cause of death wasn't drug abuse, that's happened enough

I'm sorry, but what other logical conclusion is there? 29-year old men don't just drop dead naturally. The fact that Cade is known to have had drug problems in the past does not help. But it is not for us to judge. I merely more the fact that another wrestler has left us far too soon. I will pray that the Lord forgives him for his sins and accepts his soul into Heaven.

Like I said though, I only hope that his death is something that he couldn't control, as opposed to yet another drug related death, which sadly, is the first thing that comes to mind when I hear about another young wrestler's passing.

Unfortunately you're correct. Now, I have a sinking feeling myself that this is directly related to his seizure a few years ago on that plane. Certainly a troubled individual who obviously had a problem with something. Rest in Peace, Lance - and let this be a lesson to all other talent out there -- GET THE HELP YOU NEED BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!

Spots, or your rank, are nothing compared to a healthy life.

I really liked the Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch Vs The Hardys matches, also I liked his thing with Jericho, I think he was a great wrestler.

I hate to read the news that a wrestler has died especially if they are young and hadn't of got the chance to reach their full potential.

I always thought he was going to come to TNA after he was released by WWE, I wonder what he would of done there.

R.I.P Lance

Man, that's terrible. I knew Lance Cade during his early days in the Heartland Wrestling Association. I worked over there and Lance always seemed like a pretty decent guy and a really good worker. I am not saying we were best friends or anything, but he was an employee where I worked and would always be pleasant and shake your hand and I can't remember anything bad about the guy. I believe he held the HWA Heavyweight title on numerous occasions and the tag titles and with his size and look, I always felt he was destined for the "big time".

With that being said, people do have the right to think what they want, and with his "past" (or internet reports on his past), that is understandable. I would not tell any of you what to think. Without excusing anything, because I can say with all honesty I have never done an illegal drug in my life and do not condone drug use, I just hope people can respect that he was a human being with a family and try not to trash him too much. The fact is, we don't know what happened, yet, even though we may want to assume. He was extremely young and I am sure his family is torn up by this. Twenty-nine is way too young to die. I just want to send my condolences to his family, if any were to read this and know that there are people out there sending you prayers in this terrible time.

RIP Lance, you are gone but not forgotten...

People would've been predicting this for a while if he'd been a bigger name. He was released twice by WWE because of drug issues.

It'd been interesting to see where his angle with Jericho would've gone.

I would like to say this is a shock, but then again is it really. I mean it's like a trend that every once in a while a young wrestler dies. The cause of death has not yet been released but I'll bet money the media will tag his death with steroid allegations.

I hope that's not the case and really feel bad about this happening to such a promising young guy with so much potential. What I mainly wonder about is will WWE actually acknowledge his death? I seriously doubt it being as no details are out and we're days away from one of their biggest PPV's.

RIP Lance Cade

Sad news. For some reason when I read it, I read Lance Storm and thought must be an accident, he seemed pretty straight laced.

Seems WWE got this one right aswell. Umaga, Test and now Cade all died since leaving WWE. Since Eddie died I dont think anyone has died under "their" watch (I dont include Benoit because that is whole different matter, mind over matter IMO).

Awful news and begs the question who is next. Seems we are never more than a few months away from another wrestler death. I predict another before the year is out. I hope I am wrong.

RIP Lance.

DEMON316: WWE have summit on their website already!

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/lancecadepasses

It's always sad to hear when someone that young and talented passes away. He was a great talent whom I believe would have had a great career if he didn't have personal demons that cost him his job and now possibly his life.

I disagree and find it somewhat disrespectful with a previous poster that said Cade didn't have much to offer the wrestling world. Everyone has the right to their opinion. I just think it's a little soon for remarks like that.

He was a multi time tag champ and in the middle of the feud of the year between HBK and Y2J. Even having a win over HBK when he was let go for drug related issues.

RIP Lance your friends and family will be in my prayers my heart goes out to your two little girls.

That's a damn shame. I heard it was heart failure (so I hope its not what I think it is) and I gotta say that's a little odd for a 29 year old.

In either event it's always sad to see another wrestler pass away as this type of thing happens way too much in wrestling and I sincerely hope it slows down soon.

Cade was a good talent with a lot of potential and he will be missed.

Not always something a fan wants to hear and at that age..

May he rest in peace my heart goes out to his family...

It was an apparent heart failur I have heard...

Rest in peace Lance i liked him he was good in the ring he had potential him and Murdoch were a great tag team and great tag champs i would of liked to had seen him in the ring again

RIP Lance Cade.

I did always like him.
For me he had the look, the skills and I always thought he was just a step or two away from being at a good level and my God....
29 years old only??!?!?!

such a shame...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back