Lance Cade, Bright Future? No Future?

Skullz Crack'Em

Lord of the Skulls
Since I already made a thread about the other redneck(you know, the one that sings) I decided to make one about Lance Cade. Last Monday, we all witnessed the end of Cade & Murdoch as a tag team, does this mean Cade is in line for a big Mid-Card push, or is this going to be one of WWE's projects that gets tossed to the side in a matter of weeks?

I actually think that Lance Cade will become a successful singles star, with an I.C. title reign in the near future. One of my main reasons for thinking this is because Cade was trained by Shawn Michaels, so WWE can definitely create a storyline of "Student turns on Teacher" with Michaels and Cade. Having a feud with HBK will do wonders for him, it will give him instant stardom, win or lose, and will automatically solidify him as a heel. I would also expect some great matches between the two, since they should know eachother's wrestling styles perfectly.

So, that's my opinion on Lance Cade, if WWE really wants to push this guy, than they should put him in a program with Shawn Michaels, like I stated above.

having him fued with his teacher would be good. as you stated him and Michaels would be awesome because they would know each other pretty well.

i also think the split of Cade and Murdoch was made to make room for the Wildcat Chris Harris. maybe a possible tag team with him and Murdoch would be good. maybe bringing in Wildcat as Murdoch's savior. have Cade and Murdoch fued for a bit and have Wildcat make a surprise entrance in a match between the two. possibly at One Night Stand.

Cade looks like he has the look and wrestling ability but lets also not forget that cutting promo's is a big factor in getting a push.

i also think the split of Cade and Murdoch was made to make room for the Wildcat Chris Harris. maybe a possible tag team with him and Murdoch would be good. maybe bringing in Wildcat as Murdoch's savior. have Cade and Murdoch fued for a bit and have Wildcat make a surprise entrance in a match between the two. possibly at One Night Stand.

You know, I kinda like where you're going with this. Only instead of Chris Harris joining Trevor Murdoch, Harris is naturally a heelish type wrestler. When he was playing the face role in T.N.A., the fans just didn't back him.

So to be completely honest, Harris is at his best in Tag Teams. And Lance Cade has the potential and the talent to be with Chris Harris, in what could end up being another version of the A.M.W. I know thats me shooting in the dark, but I'd love to see these two become a team.

It'll push Murdoch to the curb, and thats sad to a degree.. but if we can gain a great Tag Team, out of destroying a good Tag Team, then I'm all for it.

I don't really see Cade going far as a singles competitor. He's not bad...he's just nothing great.

Teaming him up with Harris....can't say "yay or nay" on it, cause I don't know anything about Harris, but its worth a shot, especially if I don't feel Cade will amount to anything more than an ECW midcarder.

I think what we'll see is that Cade will get a program or two, unsuccessfully, with a few midcarders or above, then get drafted over to ECW where he'll have weekly matches with the likes of Tommy Dreamer, Shannon Moore, etc.

I don't really see Cade going far as a singles competitor. He's not bad...he's just nothing great.

Exactly.He has no one to feud with, his gimmick isnt really entertaining
and people only know him as a tag team wrestler.But who knows put him in a feud with burchill or another mid-carder like cody rhodes and it might turn out great.

Id quite like Cade to mvoe to Smackdown and feud with Matt Hardy over the United States Title. When Cade and Murdoch feuded with The Hardys over the tag belts I liked what I saw and I think Cade and Matt could put on some pretty entertaining matchs.

As good as Matts matchs with MVP are he needs to break away from that feud now and feud with someone else, say Chuck Palumbo until Cades ready to move to Smackdown then feud him with Lance Cade.

In my opinion Cades got the looks, size, mic skills and wrestling ability to be a main eventer in a few years.

Lance Cade has alot of what it takjes to be the next big guy. Know who else does as well? Shelton Benjamin. And look at what he's doing.

Cade will have a singles match on RAW this week. It'll probably be against Murdoch, or some random jobber. That will happen for two weeks. Then he will disapear to Heat for a while. Then released. Cause WWE Creative have their heads up their asses. No offence to Cade, but if the WWE decide to start pushing their younger stars again, Cade should wait at the back of the line, as there are so many other young talents that have been in line for that push. Cade will simply follow the same fate as all of them. Bit of a midcard push untill someone fresher takes his place.

I expect cade to be in ECW for a while, if wwe is serious about pushing him that would be the best move.He could feud with kofi or kane.But first he needs to build himself as a singles wrestler, get a new gimmick, and improve his mic skills.Really when was the last time he talked more then one minute.But right now IMO he doesnt have the X-factor to be entertaining.

Oh my.... Lance Cade is a complete toolbag, although he is the more talent of the Cade/Murdoch team. I expect Cade to win the fued with Murdoch and then flounder in obscurity on Heat. He is a big guy, yes- but he has average talent and just doesn't have an sort of appeal to him. He is bland. Unless the WWE can come up with some super cool, original gimmick for this guy, he will be going nowhere fast.

I think being trained by HBK means he's got a great shot, as Londrick would if they weren't so tiny!

I like the idea of Harris joining Murdoch, could extend the Cade/Murdoch fued. Establish Cade as a singles wrestler then give him a nice HBK fued.

I think Cade's come a long way since his debut (I believe about 2003) against Lance Storm if I remember back then he was Garrison Cade and he was Storm's opponent during the match that Stone Cold started the infamous "boring" chant, anyways back to the point: he seems to really be getting better and for a long time carried the tag team, until recently where Murdoch's in ring skills improved. I say give him a shot, no team sticks together more than a few years any more!

Good luck Cade.

I wasnt happy to see the end - wait the second ending of Cade and Murdoch as they were a pheonominal team but i like the idea of Cade getting a singles push.

I think we need to see 2/3 matches between Cade and Murdoch on RAW with Cade coming out on top to solidify him as a singles wrestler. Then move him onto feud with the likes of Hardy or Jericho before moving him on to HBK - which i like the sound of.

I just hope to god that Cade wont be lingering in first match on HEAT for the rest of the year before they get C+M back together - WWE needs to do someting with Cade nw they have spilt them up again.

here is an idea,
have Cade cut a promo discussing their lack of tag team success of late saying that if they cannot win the titles tonight, Cade would make Murdoch pay dearly.
Match:
Cade and Murdoch pin Cody and Holly to win the title. Murdoch wants to celebrate with Cade, but Cade just walks off. When Murdoch gets backstage he looks heartbroken, have a diva come up to him to console him (Maybe Candice Michelle if shes ready to come back). she becomes his onscreen girlfriend and manager.

They later lose their next match to Carlito and Santino and Cade snaps on Murdoch and beats him down, Candice runs down to help him out.

The fight their first match against eachother and it ends in a double countout. their second match ends when lance goes after candice, bringing her to the back, and murdoch chases after them. they have a match at The Great American Bash in a texas bullrope match. Candice returns from being held captive, to turn on murdoch, setting up a major turn for her. Murdoch goes on to feud with Paul Burchill after he makes fun of her for losing his girlfriend, while hes still got Katie Lea, Cade moves on to feud with Mr Kennedy, setting up a double push for both of them. Well thats my thoughts on that.

I think that WWE will try to give him a upper-middle card push, but i dont think he will get over becuase he doesn't really have a gimmick,it seems like they sorta ditched the redneck thing.(Not so much Murdoch but the new entrance attire doesn't seem very redneck) His wrestling abilty isn't terrible but isn't good. I think the only move in his aresenal is a sit out powerpomb like D'lo Brown but then again JBL had a huge push for a while and i dont think i've seen JBL do anything but a neckbreaker besides punch.

I would love to se him form a new A.M.W with Harris becuase i dont think he will make it as a singles star.He is gonna have to get a really badass Gimmick and probaly get a new finisher becuase a clothsline just doesn't do it for him,and being on RAW doens't help with all the midcarders over there he will have to be somthing speacial to get over.

I like Cade a lot he reminds me of a young JBL, not the JBL with APA but the Cowboy JBL that use to come out with the Rope and Cowboy hat I think he was Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw then

he is a pretty big guy as well, I think he also has some charisma even though we have not seen much of it

either way I think he is going to make a great heel, not sure if he will be Champion maybe he can get as high as a IC Champion, probably will have to repackage him or something, give him a new character/image

I saw Cade the other night on Raw for his split with Murdoch, and there was just nothing there for me. He might be ok in the ring, but for charisma, he seems like theres none whatsoever. He might make a little mid card run, but unless he drastically improves his mic work/everything else outside the ring, he's going no where fast. After a pointless feud/match with Murdoch, I have no clue where he's supposed to go then. Overall, I'd say little if no future.

Cade is a confusing one for me. On one side, he does have a lot going for him - he's a big guy and trained by one of the best. But because he's spent his time on RAW simply being a tag guy, I've never actually seen him wrestle a whole match by himself for me to be able to judge how good he is.
Ok, I remember him as Garrison Cade and thinking no, but he was green back then and in a programme with COACH?!?! I think the only way it's possible to judge how good he can be by himself is to try it and see. If he flounders, pair him up with someone experienced for a while and have them mentor him (Finlay, Regal or someone of that nature).
Charisma wise, he can talk, but there's no real feeling behind the words. Just something he needs to work on, and it's not impossible to do.

Overall, it's too early to say how he'd do in a singles environment. A slow push might let him test the waters, but if he fails, he may end up as a perenial tagger

To simply put it, he has the talent, he has the look to have a pretty good mid card push, but there is one thing that is going to squander this and bring him down, the fans. Face it, the fans will not give a crap about this guy and its kind of a shame, he could really be a good mid card wrestler who can feud with the likes of Jericho, Kennedy ect, and on top of that he was trained by the one and only HBK.

If he gets the push, the fans arent going to be interested, and therefore its going to be a total flop. So i suggest if its going to work, build Cade up in a big way. Make him look credible and serious cause at the moment i dont think his been taken seriously by anyone. Do this before they give him a push, cause i just dont see this going anyway, im afraid!

^^^^^^ I agree with the above. Cade needs a big win to get him over, have him beat someone in the Jeff,Y2J or HBK area in a one off match to establish himself as a major singles competitor then move him to Smackdown or ECW.

I think he would be more suited to Smackdown though since theres more lower card guys for him to feud with who are still credible. Finlay, Matt Hardy, Jimmy Wang Yang or even one of the ECW guys like Kofi Kingston.

On Raw there arnt really any mid-card faces. Y2J, Jeff and Kennedy are borderlin main eventers so a feud between Cade and one of them wont work.

All depends on how he is booked. This will b Cade's 3rd attempt to break through the lower mid card tier. When he was Garrison Cade, no one wanted to know. When he first teamed with Murdoch no one wanted to know until they kept winning and they became THE team to beat at the time. Then they split up, both did nothing, and came back together again doing exactly what they were doing before and now they've split again, except the difference is, is that Murdoch has a singing gimmick. That's one advantage he has over Cade already, an angle. Ok it's not much but Cade's only angle at this time is 'i stabbed my partner in the back'. Carlito did that to Flair 2 years ago and all it got him was a new name for his finisher.

I think you're more likely to see Murdoch move up in the ranks at the momnet, but as usual we'll have to wait and see.

Well one thing I have always noticed..is when a wrestler has some potential, JR will usually go out of his way to help put him over on the commentary. As you can tell, he's real high on certain guys..Austin of course, Umaga, JBL, was always high on Kane, and I've noticed sort of the same thing when he covers a Lance Cade match.

But lately, it seems as if the WWE doesn't know what they want to do or what direction they want to go at times. Almost as if they run out of ideas. And its that unfortunate state of affairs that guys liek Cade might sniff a US Title or Continental Title but probably not much else.

Cade has talent and is still young. I like the Harris idea because they definitely seem like their styles would mesh very well together. A new AMW would be pretty cool and the WWE could market the hell out of it too if they were so inclined. Give both of these guys time to work together they could make a much better team than cade and murdoch. In fact give a team like that enough time when it's all said and done they both might have good singles careers ahead of them due to being in a seasoned and successful tag team in the big time.

For all we know, WWE could be planning to team up Harris and Cade. Harris has been waiting to debut for a while now, maybe they were waiting for this. I could see a short fued happening with Cade and Harris vs. Trevor Murdoch, perhaps with a new partner of his own? Now, I'm just spitballing here, and I really don't think it will actually happen, but I would find this entertaining. Lance Cade teams up with debuting Chris Harris due to thier Southern Boy gimmicks. Meanwhile, Murdoch fueds with them, and teams up a debuting wrestler who shares Murdoch's musical gimmick... Ron Killings!! C'Mon, it'd be great! You'd get two new tag teams, one of which is comprised of two young stars in Harris and Cade, who could very well be a top force in the tag division, and you get what would be a great comedy team in the odd couple pairing of the Country Singer and the Rapper. But I doubt we'll ever actually see it.

For all we know, WWE could be planning to team up Harris and Cade. Harris has been waiting to debut for a while now, maybe they were waiting for this. I could see a short fued happening with Cade and Harris vs. Trevor Murdoch, perhaps with a new partner of his own? Now, I'm just spitballing here, and I really don't think it will actually happen, but I would find this entertaining. Lance Cade teams up with debuting Chris Harris due to thier Southern Boy gimmicks. Meanwhile, Murdoch fueds with them, and teams up a debuting wrestler who shares Murdoch's musical gimmick... Ron Killings!! C'Mon, it'd be great! You'd get two new tag teams, one of which is comprised of two young stars in Harris and Cade, who could very well be a top force in the tag division, and you get what would be a great comedy team in the odd couple pairing of the Country Singer and the Rapper. But I doubt we'll ever actually see it.

I actually do like the idea, but Ron is so talented and he's done the comedy bit before I think it'd be cool for Ron to have one solid and serious run in the WWE. He's worked his ass off over the years and deserves some singles gold. But the tag team idea with murdoch could work and the fans could latch onto it and propel it to success. But really Killings I think should be placed in the mid card and then we can see what happens.

Hope, Lance gets his big break into singles with a good feud with his ex-tag team partner, Murdoch and then better competition. He's been in low-card for as long as I've known him, it's time for a change. I mean, he ain't bad in-ring, way better than a certain main eventer. He just needs a bit more time on the microphone, and I think he's golden. I just hope WWE didn't set this up just to have more singles jobbers...

i too like the cade and the murdoc as a tag team. they work together like lamb and tuna fish.

rednecks are not cool except for the singing one and cade because they are in the wwe, and that makes them he coolest eva. i dont like the cade because he did the backstab on the murdoch. murdoch sings and that makes him the best. i hope they get back together, cuase when they were together i watvhed it.

I hope the wee comes to their sense lol. they need to work like lamba nd tuna fish agian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back